All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Curious Collection
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:31 pm 

This is my card dump thread now, lol

Borborygmos, Binding Smasher
Legendary Creature - Giant Berserker
Riot
Trample
When ~ enters the battlefield, destroy all permanents your opponents own attached to creatures you control.
When ~ attacks for the first time each turn, untap all creatures you control with a +1/+1 counter on them. After this combat step, there is an additional combat step.
7/7

A bit crowded but straight forward. Riot and Trample are both one word and easy to get. The first long ability is just on entrance to stop any lockdown auras or anything. Then the second long ability is an extra turn that goes with Riot.

Greater Wolf Spider
Creature - Spider
Vigilance, reach, trample
~ can't be blocked by creatures with flying.
5/5

I saw Ramunap Hydra and went "Vigilance, reach, trample...I'd like that on a spider" and after searching the combo and learning Ramunap Hydra and Zecama, Primal Calamity are the only ones to have it, I decided to make a spider with it. Probably an uncommon.

Bloodletting Gibbon
Creature - Ape Vampire
Reach, lifelink
"Stay out of the gibbon woods, assuming you like keeping your blood in you. And don't think of flying over, their arms are twice the length of their hideously lengthy bodies."
2/3

Court Street Gate
Land - Gate
: Add
, pay 1 life: Add
, : Gain 3 life. Activate this ability only if you control three or more Gates.

Sage's Row Gate
Land - Gate
, : Scry 1, then draw a card. Activate this ability only if you control three or more Gates.

Shadow Alley Gate
Land - Gate
, : Target creature gets -2/-1 until end of turn. Activate this ability only if you control three or more Gates.

Foundry Street Gate
Land - Gate
, : Target creature gets +2/+0 and gains menace until end of turn. Activate this ability only if you control three or more Gates.

Ivy Lane Gate
Land - Gate
, : Untap another land or creature you control. Activate this ability only if you control three or more Gates.

Like this post

Post subject: Re: Curious Collection
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:03 pm 

Wish on the Lamp
Sorcery
If you control a Djinn or Efreet creature, ~ costs less to cast.
Draw three cards.
"Three wishes, no more, no less. Use them wisely."

Last edited by CuriousHeartless on Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:25 am 
YMtC Champ '14
YMTC Pro Tour Champion

Preferred Pronoun Set: they
Wish on the Lamp
Sorcery
Cast ~ only if you control a Djinn or Efreet creature.
Draw three cards.
"Three wishes, no more, no less. Use them wisely."

I like this but I think it should be always castable and just get a discount if you have the creature. maybe default, discount?

:duel:

Pro Tour: YMTC: SECOND ONE IS OVER STAY TUNED FOR THIRD ONE
The BLOCK I'm currently pretending I'll finish: Fleets Of Ossia (complete!) | Wavebreak (complete!) | The Second Flood (in progress!)
Razorborne and friends teach music theory to chumps like you: 12tone

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:00 am 

The original was just 1U for it but I've been playing around with it. Might go with that.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:33 pm 

Fixed Wish on the Lamp.

Wurmcoil Engineer
Creature - Imp Artificer
Flying
When ~ enters the battlefield, choose one-
*Create a 3/3 colorless Wurm artifact creature token with deathtouch
*Create a 3/3 colorless Wurm artifact creature token with lifelink
1/2

Hydroponics Caretaker
Creature - Merfolk Octopus Shaman
When ~ enters the battlefield, untap target land you control.
Whenever you tap an Island for mana, add an additional
"The hydroponics chambers grow a wide variety of plants, animals, and planimals for the Simic Combine."
3/3

Ramirez DePietro, Undead Buccaneer
Legendary Creature - Zombie Pirate
First Strike
When ~ attacks, if you control another Pirate creature, you may return target creature you don't control to it's owner's hand.
When ~ deals combat damage to a player, if you control at least two other Pirate creatures, that player discards two cards.
"Undeath has done nothing to temper this captain's flamboyancy.
4/3

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:38 pm 

Fate Fanaggler
Creature - Goblin Wizard Shaman
~ has hexproof during each player's upkeep and end steps.
If you would Scry, instead put that many cards from the top of your library onto the bottom of your library, then draw that many cards.
[i]I can see the threads of fate, and I don't like the carpet it makes. So I decided to learn to knit myself.[/mc]
3/3

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:37 pm 

Starborne Ophiotaurus
Enchantment Creature - Ox Snake
Trample
When ~ dies, Scry X where X is the amount of damage dealt to it this turn. If X is 2 or less, Scry 3 instead.
"A beast sacred to Kruphix. A future engraved on its organs becomes destiny."
5/3

The Ophiotaurus is a creature from Greek mythology. A half bull, half snake. It's said that if you burn it's intestines you can decide fate itself. If it really fit flavor than just whoever killed it should get the scry but ehh I'm not gonna go through the trouble of figuring out how to make that even work so the controller gets it.

Three Great Equine Rulers
Legendary Creature - Horse Fish Pegasus
Flying, first strike, trample
When ~ enters the battlefield, reveal the top 5 cards of your library. Add all Horse, Unicorn, and Pegasus creature cards revealed this way to your hand then put all other cards revealed this way into your graveyard.
At the beginning of your postcombat main phase, gain 1 life for each creature you control which is Horse, Unicorn, or Pegasus.
5/5

A legendary horse, pegasus, and hippocampus. I was gonna go four and have a unicorn too but it's already crowding a typeline as is so an additional one might not work and I wanted land, sky, and water which left horse and unicorn as redundant on the land (Also the Hippocampus demands the Horse type anyways so while Unicorns are more impressive it would be pointless to go with the unicorn as it wouldn't actually save space). Consists of Fontius the King of Pegasuses; Farris, Queen of Horses; and Tiraton, King of Hippocampus (all names thought up in 15 seconds or less). They can still call on unicorns though, there just isn't a unicorn among them (and leads to an odd thing with Fish in the typeline for the Hippocampi but not in the text box and Unicorn in the text box but not the typeline), and there ETB is calling on their servants. Since they are White/Blue you can probably bounce them a fair bit to dig hard. The last ability was hard to think up but I decided on postcombat main phase so you don't benefit on any that died during combat that turn but NOT end step so Crested Sunmare can trigger off of the life gained.

Emissary of Fontius
Creature - Pegasus
Flying, Lifelink
~ can't attack or block unless you have at least 10 more life than your starting life total.
5/5

Emissary of Farris
Creature - Horse
Hexproof
When ~ dies, reveal the top card of your library. If it's a land card or a Legendary card, put it into your hand. Otherwise, you may put that card on the top or bottom of your library.
4/2

Emissary of Tiraton
Creature - Fish Horse
Flash
When ~ enters the battlefield, Scry 2.
0/3

An emissary of each of the Equine Royalty. I had Emissary of Fontius as a 2-drop 3/3 before realizing a 3/3 flying/lifelink doesn't seem useless but not that great either especially in EDH. So I went the beefier boy. I also wanted a curve even if the double color means you'd need good land drops or fixing to actually hit them in curve. Farris is a simple thing, hits decently with hexproof and you can get a card but only land or legendary. Tiraton is Omenspeaker that has Flash but needs double U, has 0 power, and has worse types.

Like this post