It is currently Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Temur Blastcat
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:16 pm 

Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/his/his/himself
Temur Blastcat
Creature - Cat (R)
Whenever you cast a spell with this creature as it's only target, create a token copy of this creature, then copy that spell with that token as it's new target.
3/3

Temur Blazecat
Creature - Cat (R)
Haste
Whenever you cast a spell with this creature as it's only target, create a token copy of this creature, then copy that spell with that token as it's new target.
3/4

Last edited by UselessCommon on Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

Post subject: Re: Temur Blastcat
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:05 pm 

Identity: BIG BRAINED
this is a really cool and innovative effect but i think the flavor kind of sucks

Only a select few in the universe could possibly hold a conversation with me without getting confused. This is because I discuss things like quantum physics, black holes and time and space themselves.
Jealous? I would assume so. Move along now, unless you have an IQ of over 190 I don't wish to communicate with you on any level. I could take any and all of you in a fight.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:34 pm 

What does this do with auras? Does copying an aura spell make an aura token or should this just say "instant or sorcery"?

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:38 pm 
YMtC Champ '14
YMTC Pro Tour Champion

Preferred Pronoun Set: they
What does this do with auras? Does copying an aura spell make an aura token or should this just say "instant or sorcery"?

there's no precedent for copies of permanent spells. I think converting them into tokens makes sense (and have advocated for that interpretation for years) but as yet it's undefined. I think "instant or sorcery" is probably better here, though, 'cause aura tokens are messy.

on the card I like it but it really needs haste so that you can use it meaningfully with pump spells.

:duel:

Pro Tour: YMTC: SECOND ONE IS OVER STAY TUNED FOR THIRD ONE
The BLOCK I'm currently pretending I'll finish: Fleets Of Ossia (complete!) | Wavebreak (complete!) | The Second Flood (in progress!)
Razorborne and friends teach music theory to chumps like you: 12tone

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:47 pm 

Feel free to ignore the flavor - I just could'nt come up with another cool, so went with random stub instead.

'Enchant' is an ability, not a spell. Ir at least I think so.

Made a version with Haste. That needed to cost 5 though, cause it becomes truly volatile with pump spells.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:36 pm 

Identity: BIG BRAINED
aura spells on the stack target

so the others are correct in that it needs to read instant/sorcery instead of any spell

Only a select few in the universe could possibly hold a conversation with me without getting confused. This is because I discuss things like quantum physics, black holes and time and space themselves.
Jealous? I would assume so. Move along now, unless you have an IQ of over 190 I don't wish to communicate with you on any level. I could take any and all of you in a fight.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:26 pm 

Identity: Male
Off topic, but the exception to that is when auras are cheated into play; that is how Academy Rector can attach Faith's Fetters to an Emrakul, the Aeons Torn in Legacy (Nic Fit variants specifically)

Like this post