It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Shadow the Hedgehog
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:04 am 

Well, I have a vested interest in living since I'm the only one I know for sure is on my side. Of your offers, I think we can get more content out of Minish, but Dusky has been just about as scarce as Zinger (who I will reiterate to Minish I called out for being a self-avowed Lurker), so that seems like a fine choice to me.

UNVOTE; VOTE: Dusky

I have a blog. I review anime, and sometimes related media, with an analytical focus.

I'm a (self) published author now! You can find my first book, The Accursed, on Amazon as an ebook or a paperback!

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:36 am 

I still fundamentally disagree with trying to lynch Rubik, as we have no idea how it could affect the game state.

Regarding Zinger's claim, I'm more interested in the flavor claim than the implied role claim. There are plenty of cop variations which are scum compatible, but considering the amount of flavor/mechanics overlap in this game, the claim could still imply that he is town.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:49 pm 

Identity: Male
Tevish is flip flopping votes a lot like he is trying to see if anything will stick. I'm going to go ahead and vote him for that, plus atm I trust Rubik.

Vote: Tevish

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:02 pm 

Identity: Spider-Man
Preferred Pronoun Set: Wtf is a "Jabber address"?
As far as I can tell, the wagon on Tevish consists of:

1) Tevish proposed a course of action that he claims to believe is Town's best chance to win.
2) The people disagree with Tevish's logic that his course of action is a good one for Town.

So, we're lynching people for trying to help Town just because we disagree with their methodology for how best to do that? I durno, but that wagon smells super fishy to me...

For the record, I don't agree with Tevish's proposed course of action, but I also don't think that his proposed course of action is a scum-tell. I think the willingness to lynch him for it might be, though.

But what do I know? I'm just a fence-sitting private-eye with no money in my pocket and therefor no horse in this race yet.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:43 pm 

Identity: Chocobo
While Zinger's reformulation of my early defense of Tevish remains correct, I tend to find that town is not especially benefited by flailing around in search of opportunistic kills, as you are still more likely to hit town than scum, and probably almost as likely to hit a pro-town power role as anything actually nefarious.

Moreover, we know why Dusky is inactive -- she explicitly told as as much -- so trying to frame her as inactive in some nefarious sense is clearly disingenuous. The lurker lynch under such conditions was probably Zinger (at least until his second post just now) on the basis that arbitrary flavour-based play is broadly unhelpful to town (or some such).

Tevish presumably know all these things, so while I don't anticipate him being mafia, his overt dedication to self-preservation suggests third party, so in lieu of the rest of you actually being productive, lynching him has some minimal net gain and at least advances the game state.

Vote Tevish

I'd also accept like PK or something, I guess.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:54 pm 

Well, I have a vested interest in living since I'm the only one I know for sure is on my side. Of your offers, I think we can get more content out of Minish, but Dusky has been just about as scarce as Zinger (who I will reiterate to Minish I called out for being a self-avowed Lurker), so that seems like a fine choice to me.

UNVOTE; VOTE: Dusky

Don't flail, maybe we can get an extension and push Rubik to claim. I think he should claim his role better, because he sounds like sk. I haven't played this sonic game, so I don't know, doesnt he collect chaos emeralds and works for robotnik? Is he more evil as time goes on? (The emeralds turn him evil?) Him not saying much about it makes me think he he turns evil.
Vote: Rubik

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:57 pm 

Yeah I don't like most of y'alls posts we need some info today. Not wait around lynching townies

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:05 pm 

Yeah this is crap frim what I'm seeing I bet tevish is getting lynch because he's being loud and he's not in rag cult

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:18 pm 

Yeah if there was any sort of rag cult this game, I missed my invite.

As far as flip-flopping, I did explicitly say that I was trying to find an acceptable option. I am, overtly and directly, interested in preserving myself -- and why shouldn't I be? My dying has a 100% chance of hurting my team's chances. Literally anyone else, if their alignment is not known to me to be town, has a less than 100% chance of being bad. yeah the screed that "Townies don't fight their own lynch" but it doesn't bear out, especially when the CoD largely seems to be apathy and resignation.

I still kind of want to lynch Rubik, but more than that I want the town actually talking and debating.

I was called out for "not waiting for people to drop information from night."

Well?

Where is it?

I'm bloody waiting. I've been waiting. But you know what? I don't want to just wait. I want to act on what I know at any given point, not sit on my hands waiting to die without a voice. And because of that, it does rather look like I'll be dying WITH a voice.

I've claimed Rubik is Shadow the Hedgehog. He's claimed that he's a survivor. Either way, no matter whether you believe just one of us or both of us, he's not town's friend. He can't be trusted.

I had forgotten that Dusky was on excused absence.

I have a blog. I review anime, and sometimes related media, with an analytical focus.

I'm a (self) published author now! You can find my first book, The Accursed, on Amazon as an ebook or a paperback!

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:37 pm 

@Rubik
How do you work for the black arms? How do you get your memories back?

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:33 am 

Preferred Pronoun Set: He/Him/His/Himself
Hey guys, technically the day ended around this time yesterday. I've juts had a busy weekend. Lynch scene incoming.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:07 am 

VOTE COUNT:
Rubik (1): Tevish Szat
Tevish Szat (4): 13557, Ragnarokio, KingofDominaria, Rubik
Spiritual Maskman (1): Minish
Freddeh (1): Paranoid King

As the rest of the group's back was turned, Tevish chose to take matters into his own hands. He wasn't going to let that DAMNED black hedgehog get away with the things he'd done. He needed to go down - for the sake of the world. Reaching into his waistband, he pulled out the pistol he'd kept hidden there for emergencies. To him, this seemed like an emergency.
A shot rang out, stunning the crowd to silence. Unfortunately for him, Shadow was faster than Tevish had given him credit for, and was able to dodge out of the way of the bullet, only letting one of his quills snap with the impact.
He turned back to face Tevish, "You shouldn't have done that...."
Within an instant, Shadow was in front of Tevish's face, sending a kick through his cheek. He returned to the ground quickly, sweeping Tevish's feet out from under him before taking the gun he'd so foolishly pointed at Shadow moments before.
"That was your last mistake"
BANG!
Tevish Szat has died!
He was Commander Abraham Tower, the Lyncher

NIGHT TWO BEGINS
Night Two ends in.... slightly less than 24 hurs, because I'm not doing another update at midnight.
Night Two ends at 10pm PST on Tuesday 12 October 2020.

LIVING PLAYERS
Ragnarokio
shadow amber
Zinger2099
SpiritualMaskSalesman
Minish
Freddeh
Captain Lunch
Skystone
Duskyblue
Aaarrrgh
Rubik
KingofDominaria
Paranoid King

DEAD PLAYERS
Tevish Szat, aka Commander Abraham Tower, the Lyncher, lynched Day Two

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:16 am 

As everyone began to camp on the ruins, Shadow leaned against a wall, unable to sleep. His mind flashed with memories he himself only half-understood. This was beginning to drive him crazy. Guns, soldiers, explorers.... and that name.
MARIA!
Just as he remembered her last moments once more, he heard the sound of a gunshot - wait, no. That wasn't a memory. That was-
Num3rs. That was Numb3rs. As Shadow and the rest rushed towards the sound, they found the small, limp form of an orange fox, holding a toy chocobo.
A cry was heard from the crowd as a blue blur rocketed past them, sprinting out into the sanding wastes. Shadow wished he remembered what grief like that felt like - at least if he felt grief over Maria, he'd know those memories were truly his.
With the time for sleeping clearly passed, Shadow held his three chaos emeralds and opened a portal. He gestured his allies towards it, and they slowly made their way onwards to.... wherever Black Doom had in mind next.

NORMAL MISSION COMPLETED

STAGE 03: PRISON ISLAND
Black Doom was already in the next area, waiting for them. An abandoned prison island once used by G.U.N. to house their most disturbed minds. Shadow was still teetering on the edge between the two factions, and Doom couldn't afford to lose his promised soldier. Shadow needed to remember who he was if he were to join the Black Arms fully. And this was the best way of doing so.
When Shadow stepped out of the chaos control portal, he looked over the remains, "Hmm.... I wonder if there are any Chaos Emeralds around here." He took another step and gasped. At once, memories returned - ones unrelating to Maria. He remembered experimentation, anguish, and then..... release. The doctor.... yes....
"Whaa...!? That's right. I somehow escaped but then was captured by those humans. But... from where?" his gaze slowly drifted over the buildings and acidic pools of the plant, "And why?"

DARK MISSION: Eliminate the G.U.N. robots! (Lynch a townie)
NORMAL MISSION: Find the Chaos Emerald! (Complete neither the Hero or Dark mission)
HERO MISSION: Find the top secret disks! (See "Top Secret Disks", below)

Top Secret Disks
Spoiler

DAY THREE BEGINS
Day Three ends at 10pm PST on Thursday 14 October 2020.
With 13 alive, 7 is majority.

LIVING PLAYERS
Ragnarokio
shadow amber
Zinger2099
SpiritualMaskSalesman
Minish
Freddeh
Captain Lunch
Skystone
Duskyblue
Aaarrrgh
Rubik
KingofDominaria
Paranoid King

DEAD PLAYERS
Tevish Szat, aka Commander Abraham Tower, the Lyncher, lynched Day Two
15337, aka Miles "Tails" Prower the Fox, the Town Inventor, killed Night Two

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:36 am 

Identity: Female
Preferred Pronoun Set: She/her
JD was an interesting choice for a kill. Doesn't really give us any info unless there's stuff going on in the chat group Rag's created.

Was interesting so many people were willing to jump on Tevish last minute. But hard to read into his wagon since anyone can want 3rd party dead.

Of the people on his official vote count, we know JD was town and Rubik is 3rd party. Which leaves Rag and KoD. I'd have to recheck everyone who voted for him after deadline. But I could see one of those two potentially being scum but don't have any real evidence.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:51 am 

Yeah, as I said, being right about Tevish means we get less info. Voting for him is NAI, so we're basically back to page one. Except Numbers is dead. So that's something, at least.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:28 am 

Not interesting in the least. If you want something done right, do it with style.

Like so. There are three possible suspects in the death of my waifu. They are, in no particular order:

Dusky
Freddie
Amber

Rest assured I will find out which of you is responsible for taking the love of my life out of my life leaving me with just this life you cruel, cruel person.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:21 am 

Ok, something to work with!

KoD, would you mind explaining why those three suspects?

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:43 am 

im interested too
please enlighten us

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:31 am 

@Deku: The deadline for the evil mission today is end of day but the deadline for the good mission is end of night. Is it possible for both to be acheived?

"That winter, the fireplace was never without a crackling blaze in its belly. The boiled wine we drank was undoubtedly middling and cheap, but she said, with a smile, "I've never had wine this good before." And though I didn't say anything, I felt the same way."

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:34 am 

Because those are the three I suspect. It's not like I have any solid proof that makes one of them guilty.

:V

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 22  Next