It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7918 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 383, 384, 385, 386, 387, 388, 389 ... 396  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 9:40 pm 

Identity: Human
Aaarrrgh wrote:
For more details:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Also I can tell I've been away from canon for a long while because, by and large, my reaction to the discussion of who kicked who's butt has been, "WHO ARE ALL THESE PEOPLE?!?"

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 10:48 pm 

Identity: Male
I'm sad and just a little surprised that Nissa didn't die. She's a high profile character whose death would make people take notice. I thought WOTC had come around to the idea that she wasn't actually all that well liked. And I don't know that she has much in the way of unresolved plot. It seemed like Nissa should have been first on the chopping block.

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 12:20 am 

TPmanW wrote:
I'm sad and just a little surprised that Nissa didn't die. She's a high profile character whose death would make people take notice. I thought WOTC had come around to the idea that she wasn't actually all that well liked. And I don't know that she has much in the way of unresolved plot. It seemed like Nissa should have been first on the chopping block.

Instead, they added a layer of protection by making her in lesbians with Chandra.
Now any criticism will be met with "you're x-phobic"

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 12:53 pm 

**** my managers. In fact, a hearty "**** you" to all managers everywhere.

Quoth the Raven, for truth.
Know your roots.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:07 pm 

Hey, I didn't do anything.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:13 pm 

And, me being the horrible person that I am, immediately thought of mages who specialize in rapidly aging men. Those damn Man-agers...

Anyway, jokes aside, you're clearly upset, Luna, so I hope everything is alright, and if you need to vent, you know how to find me.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 8:07 pm 

Barinellos wrote:

Hey, I didn't do anything.

Sorry, obviously I was a little tense when I wrote that. I'll probably be ranting about it sometime later, but for now I need some rest. It's still irksome, but I'm not nearly so fired up as when I wrote that. I was shaking for like two hours over my anger.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 1:19 am 

Identity: Inertially male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him
I agree with the sentiment. Screw managers, present company excluded :D

To anybody reading this, including my future selves: have a good life!

My creative archive

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 4:59 am 

So, I first want to thank everyone for being my friend, but special shout out goes to Luna for something he recently did.
That said, because I want to be clear, I'm having a really hard time lately. Most of my time hasn't been my own and I'm starting to feel that weight more so than normal. If that were all, I could probably just shoulder through it, but it's coming at a bad time where I've lost track of a few of my friends (mostly online) and there's a sort of build up that's been accumulating for too long. Losing track of Orcish has really hurt, though my sympathies and understanding go out to him and his. He's also made it clear he misses us and wants to be back soonest possible.

But unfortunately, that came right after I lost touch with this woman named Laura at the start of December and I've just not been able to get over that one. I honestly miss her friendship, and it's sort of reminding me of everyone that's drifted out of my life. I'm kind of trapped in my own head over this and lately it's been too much for me to deal with.

I'm kind of a lonely guy to begin with, and it's equal parts good and bad that I'm at a sort of peace with solitude, but all the added stress lately has destabilized that. I just needed to get that out.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 5:31 am 

I get that. Life is hard, and it sucks that things pile up this way. I'm finally building some proper real life friendships again, and I have my family, but I have felt that instability you're talking about. In fact, apart from my wife, this community had been the most consistent source of companionship I've had for the last several years, and I feel I have not appreciated that enough. I'm willing to get to know you (all of you) better, and I'm happy to be a person to vent to or talk nonsense with you need a distraction from your life stress. Just let me know what you need, and I'll try my best to be there for you.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 8:47 pm 

I'm only a supervisor. They're supposed to be teaching me more managerial stuff but just kind of aren't.

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 8:53 pm 

Aside maybe from work I can also say that this community is my main source of social connection. I don't really keep in contact with, well anybody. My dad thinks I should call to check in once a week but the idea strikes me as bizzare and uncomfortable. Quite frankly I don't have anything to discuss with my dad.

In other news I tried asking a girl out for the first time on, last Friday, I think? Anyway, I succeeded in asking her out but was turned down. I was disappointed but not as much as I expected. It's not like I was in love, but it's really starting to bug me that I'm lagging behind Steve Carell's 40 Year Old virgin. It's too bad that Pablo had to go and get himself banned.

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:12 pm 

Barinellos wrote:
So, I first want to thank everyone for being my friend, but special shout out goes to Luna for something he recently did.
That said, because I want to be clear, I'm having a really hard time lately. Most of my time hasn't been my own and I'm starting to feel that weight more so than normal. If that were all, I could probably just shoulder through it, but it's coming at a bad time where I've lost track of a few of my friends (mostly online) and there's a sort of build up that's been accumulating for too long. Losing track of Orcish has really hurt, though my sympathies and understanding go out to him and his. He's also made it clear he misses us and wants to be back soonest possible.

But unfortunately, that came right after I lost touch with this woman named Laura at the start of December and I've just not been able to get over that one. I honestly miss her friendship, and it's sort of reminding me of everyone that's drifted out of my life. I'm kind of trapped in my own head over this and lately it's been too much for me to deal with.

I'm kind of a lonely guy to begin with, and it's equal parts good and bad that I'm at a sort of peace with solitude, but all the added stress lately has destabilized that. I just needed to get that out.

We're here for you, obviously. I'm glad my little gift seemed so timely (that's, like the third time I've unintentionally sent something that came at just the right time despite not knowing what's going on), but if you need an ear/shoulder/other body part, I'm here if you need me. I lurk a lot and tend to only post on the weekends or when I feel I have something to say, but I keep on top of my messages and I'm reasonably certain we have other ways of contacting each other as well if this place isn't sufficient (I don't want to say "faster" because it's entirely possible I won't be able to get to it while working 7-5).

I don't know how much I can offer you here other than my sympathies, really. I've never been a people person, often preferring to be on my own, possibly indulging in a good story or two. Sometimes, when things just feel a little too much, I feel like I just need a good cry, or some other deeply emotional moment that I've felt. I re-read comics/manga like Hoshi No Samidare (AKA Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer), A Silent Voice (AKA Koe No Katachi), The Spire, and Six-Gun Gorilla every couple of months (I should probably re-read Revival as well, that one was good), and I often rewatch a lot of Miyazaki or Kon's works, and it looks like Mamoru Hosada (Boy and the Beast, Girl Who Leapt Through Time) has joined their ranks of directors of really good anime films that make me cry. I might recommend some series or books, but a) I haven't been reading much lately, and b) I find that the payoff to shows such as FMA/FMA:B or Gurren Lagann comes too far in to be useful at the time that I need it.

TPmanW wrote:
Aside maybe from work I can also say that this community is my main source of social connection. I don't really keep in contact with, well anybody. My dad thinks I should call to check in once a week but the idea strikes me as bizzare and uncomfortable. Quite frankly I don't have anything to discuss with my dad.

In other news I tried asking a girl out for the first time on, last Friday, I think? Anyway, I succeeded in asking her out but was turned down. I was disappointed but not as much as I expected. It's not like I was in love, but it's really starting to bug me that I'm lagging behind Steve Carell's 40 Year Old virgin. It's too bad that Pablo had to go and get himself banned.

Am I reading that right? Was that a shot at Pablo being an older virgin than you?

On a more personal note, I don't know if I can claim that the M:EM at large has been my biggest or most consistent manner of social connection (lord knows I disappear often enough), but I think it has been my longest. I realize that precious few of you know precious little about the details that make up me as a person, but over the last... I want to say 13 years, I know several of you have gotten to know me through my personality and what makes me really tick inside. For that, I often feel like I am really close to you all, and I am always grateful that you helped shape me into the kind and upstanding person I am today, even if none of you could have helped me get the job I have now where I can send you lot occasional gifts just to show my appreciation and friendship.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 3:27 pm 

TPmanW wrote:

Am I reading that right? Was that a shot at Pablo being an older virgin than you?

On a more personal note, I don't know if I can claim that the M:EM at large has been my biggest or most consistent manner of social connection (lord knows I disappear often enough), but I think it has been my longest. I realize that precious few of you know precious little about the details that make up me as a person, but over the last... I want to say 13 years, I know several of you have gotten to know me through my personality and what makes me really tick inside. For that, I often feel like I am really close to you all, and I am always grateful that you helped shape me into the kind and upstanding person I am today, even if none of you could have helped me get the job I have now where I can send you lot occasional gifts just to show my appreciation and friendship.

No, I Pablo actually mused he might be a sex addict. I was referring to the fact that the film's eponymous 40 Year Old Virgin came quite close to having sex at different points in his youth, whereas I have not.

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 12:42 pm 

Another hearty "**** you" to my managers.

Quoth the Raven, for truth.
Know your roots.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:48 am 

Another hearty "**** you" to my managers.

Sorry to hear, that Luna!

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 11:46 pm 

Found a band I'm really digging
It's a group that does gothic synthwave fusion

Which is essentially like the bardic melancholy of goth music with 80's neon and lasers

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:53 pm 

Identity: Inertially male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him
Sounds cool! May I have a name or link?

To anybody reading this, including my future selves: have a good life!

My creative archive

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:59 pm 

There's something supremely irritating about being willing to pay for something but being unable to.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:43 am 

Y'know, there are movies out there that people think are awful, that even the folks that made it hate.
But even if it's bad, sometimes it doesn't have to be good.
I can't even call then guilty pleasures, because that would imply that they don't connect on some genuine level.

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7918 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 383, 384, 385, 386, 387, 388, 389 ... 396  Next