It is currently Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Malikot's Cotillion
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:28 pm 

Identity: Unqualified
Apprentice Pyromancer
Creature - Human Shaman
: Exacerbate target spell or ability. (If target spell or ability would deal damage to a creature or player, it deals an additional 1 damage to that creature or player.)
1/1

Rip Off Wings
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
When ~ enters the battlefield, destroy target creature with flying.
Enchanted creature has flying.
"It won't need these anymore."

It'd probably make more flavor sense to make the destruction a casting cost, but i think this form makes it a bit more flexible (even if it would otherwise be an uncounterable flyer destruction.)

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:50 pm 

I'm reminded of the Flare Up gems from Nodiatis. I'd probably price exacerbate a lot less, because the way I did a flare up card in MtG, I made the thing an enchantment that does the damage bonus passively for :1::r:.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:04 pm 

I'm reminded of the Flare Up gems from Nodiatis. I'd probably price exacerbate a lot less, because the way I did a flare up card in MtG, I made the thing an enchantment that does the damage bonus passively for :1::r:.

I can understand an argument for it costing less, but I think it would be highly dependent on the limited environment it would hypothetically be in
I think is not an unreasonable cost, especially for a basic card to showcase a keyword.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:52 pm 

Vedalken Meldmage
Artifact Creature - Vedalken Shaman
: Target equipment becomes an Aura enchantment attached to target creature and loses equip until end of turn. Activate this only once each turn.
"There is a beauty to the wilds our metal can only ever hope to emulate."
1/3

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:16 pm 

#BringBackAlara

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:02 am 

Test User (1)
+2/+0 is more in line. It's still going to result in a bunch of blowouts, but it's less likely to kill your opponent out of nowhere. It's "just" a powerful lord that turns all your 1/1s into 3/1s.

you mean goblin piledriver? ya it's good. but it is a thing already.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:08 am 

Test User (1)
Kithkin Lancedare is way too niche i feel like. picking off attacking creature is already fairly narrow as a creature removal and hating on them is just not very meaningful.

i like the guide. very cool

Carsel guy is kinda busy. Does it really need a cast trigger?

The attack for mana thing feels more red than green. also just checking you meant for the mana to empty before post combat main right?

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:31 am 

theatog wrote:
Kithkin Lancedare is way too niche i feel like. picking off attacking creature is already fairly narrow as a creature removal and hating on them is just not very meaningful.

The second line was meant more for Lancedare to be able to attack alongside another creature while allowing the other creature to retain exalted bonuses. Maybe my current wording doesn't actually allow that?
Quote:
i like the guide. very cool

Thanks!
Quote:
Carsel guy is kinda busy. Does it really need a cast trigger?

Yeah, looking back on it, I kinda realize its trying to do too much. I probably had the train of thought of "Hey wouldn't it be cool if it also did [...]"
Quote:
The attack for mana thing feels more red than green. also just checking you meant for the mana to empty before post combat main right?

It wouldn't fit the current flavor, but I agree that it does sound more red, and red could probably use the effect more often than green. And yeah, I should probably add reminder text for that.

Also, thanks for the feedback!

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:58 am 

The Gods Favor Fools
Instant
Search your library for a creature card with power 1, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library. It gains deathtouch and indestructible until end of turn.
A hero is just a brave fool, propelled by either blind luck or divine intervention.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:19 am 

Tear
Instant
Put two -1/-1 counters on target creature.
//to//
Pieces
Sorcery
Aftermath (Cast this spell only from your graveyard. Then exile it.)
Create a 1/1 black Zombie Mutant creature token for each -1/-1 counter on creatures.

Dare
Instant
Creatures target player controls attack this turn if able.
//to//
Dream
Sorcery
Aftermath (Cast this spell only from your graveyard. Then exile it.)
Until end of turn, creatures you control have "Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, draw a card."

Dream is a lot like Driven, but I guess the interaction with the other half is different enough.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:09 pm 

Galreed Tortoise
Creature - Turtle
: ~ has indestructible until end of turn.
"People who say 'the strongest defense is a good offense' have obviously never been to Galreed."
1/3

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:44 pm 

Call for Blood
Sorcery (U)
Channel (You may pay the colorless cost of this spell with life instead of mana.)
Create a 2/2 black Demon creature token. If you did not pay ~'s channel cost, create two 2/2 black Demon creature tokens instead. They have haste until end of turn.
Suffer, and the demons will come. Promise suffering, and they will come running.

Was an entry to dudibus' mechanical color contest, until I actually read the criteria correctly.

Village Soothsayer
Creature - Human Shaman (R)
: Exile the top card of your library. Until end of turn, you may play that card. At the beginning of the end step, sacrifice Village Soothsayer if you own a card exiled with it.
A fortuneteller is only as useful as her fortunes, something the villagers made sure she knew all too well.
1/1

Special thanks to shaz, q, and razorborne for helping with the wording of this card. Apparently this wording is not nice to Magic Online, but joke's on Magic Online, I don't use it (and joke's on me, since this will never see play in Magic Online)

Last edited by Malikot on Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:44 pm 

Intrepid Duelist
Creature - Human Warrior (U)
Haste
When ~ enters the battlefield, challenge target creature you don't control. (Put a +1/+1 counter on this creature and target creature you don't control.)
: ~ fights target creature with a +1/+1 counter on it.
2/2

Defiance Hydra
Creature - Hydra (M)
When ~ enters the battlefield, you may challenge any number of target creatures you don't control. You may only target a creature once this way. (Put a +1/+1 counter on this creature and target creature you don't control.)
Other creatures with +1/+1 counters loses all abilities as long as ~ is attacking.
"All we can do is stand and fight - our heads versus its own. Only time will tell if that will be enough."
-Toran, knight-captain

4/4

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:37 am 

challenge (Put a +1/+1 counter on this creature and target creature you don't control.)

Siedheim Mastiff
Creature - Hound (C)
If a creature you control would be challenged, you may you may cast ~ as though it had flash. If you do, that creature challenges ~ instead.
The elite of Siedheim sometimes send their hounds as stand-ins to their duels, as if to say outsiders are little more than beasts, unworthy of their time.
2/3

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:24 pm 

Urge to Fail
Enchantment (R)
All damage to attacking creatures is dealt as though its source had wither. (A source with wither deals damage to creatures in the form of -1/-1 counters.)
: Urge to Fail deals 1 damage to each attacking creature. Activate this ability only once each turn.
It eats at you. Gnawing at the back of your head. Surrounding you in your peripheral. When you make the inevitable misstep, was it really an accident?

Ancient Architecture
Enchantment
All artifacts you control are Treasures in addition to their other artifact types and have ", Sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool."
"The dead king's crown blinds you, friend. Look around you, standing atop a palace carved from etherium and thrall blood. I believe you elves would call it 'missing the forest for the trees'?"
- Livius, vedalken seeker

Hive Subjugator
Creature - Insect Warrior
At the beginning of your upkeep, populate. Then each player sacrifices a creature.
"War is a machine, and the colonies have an endless supply of gears ready to grind."
-Veralis, royal archivist

2/4

Slay the Accused
Instant (R)
Destroy all creatures targeted by spells or abilities this turn.

Downward Spiral
Instant (R)
Return target spell to its owner's hand.
Morbid - If a creature died this turn, counter that spell instead.
In the darkest moment, the most minor setback can seem like the most tragic ending.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:04 pm 

Event Horizon
Enchantment
At the beginning of your upkeep, exile ~.
When ~ leaves the battlefield, destroy all creatures. They can't be regenerated.
When dawn breaks, so will we all.[/quote]
Malikot wrote:
Blindborn Twa
Creature - Insect Cleric (C)
: Attach target Aura attached to Blindborn Twa to target creature. Sacrifice Blindborn Twa.
Born with no vision, apprentice to a Thousand.
2/3

Twilight's Web
Enchantment - Aura (R)
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +4/+4 and has lifelink.
: You may attach any number of Auras you control to enchanted creature.
Every future linked in its web, every possibility prey to its design.
Malikot wrote:
Itinerant Presence
Creature - Spirit
When Itinerant Presence enters the battlefield, put a -1/-1 counter on target creature.
: Shuffle Itinerant Presence into its owner's library. Draw a card.
Nothing more than a whisper, nothing less than a curse.
2/2

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:04 pm 

Daring Escape
Instant
Kicker
Return target creature you control to its owner's hand. If [b]Daring Escape[/2] was kicked, gain control of target artifact. (This effect lasts indefinitely.)

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:56 pm 

Cast Away
Instant
Exile target creature you don't control. Its owner may cast it from exile and can't cast any noncreature spells until it leaves exile.
Doomed to walk the ether alone, her desperate thoughts call out. Echoes are her only response.

Designed for Rush's contest, but the second effect doesn't really lend itself to being anything below rare.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:28 pm 

Cobalt Keeper
Artifact Creature - Construct
Defender, indestructible
Whenever Cobalt Keeper is dealt damage, remove all damage from it. It loses all abilities until end of turn.
"Pretty invincible, unless your would-be assailant happens to be made of pure magma. No, we don't carry a warranty for that."
-Dweil, Dwarven Thaumaturgist

4/3

Made this for a certain contest. didn't think it'd do well, but I liked the idea

Teddy Bear
Artifact
This spell costs less to cast if you control a creature with base power and toughness 1/1.
Indestructible
When Teddy Bear enters the battlefield, draw a card.
Even the smallest security can be invaluable.
0/1

Like this post