It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 369, 370, 371, 372, 373, 374, 375  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:19 am 

Aaarrrgh wrote:
I love you guys.

I love you guys.

I love you guys.

I love you guys.

The Coalition/Phyrexian War Game Rises Again

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:21 pm 

Identity: Male
Aaarrrgh wrote:
I love you guys.

I love you guys.

I love you guys.

You guys love me.

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:26 pm 

We do, actually!

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:34 pm 

Ah, thanks.

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:56 am 

Identity: Human
Sorry to whoever just tried to log in to the Archivist's gmail. I'll get that fixed when I can.

Quoth the Raven, for truth.
Know your roots.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:09 pm 

Sorry to whoever just tried to log in to the Archivist's gmail. I'll get that fixed when I can.

It wasn't me. Hopefully it was somebody legitimate, and not somebody trying to hack it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:09 pm 

It wasn't me. Hopefully it was somebody legitimate, and not somebody trying to hack it.

It might have been Keeper. Without getting any more specific than country, it was a Canadian address. I'm not going to give google the thumbs-up unless someone comes forward or otherwise contacts me, though. I'd rather not risk it.

QUICKEDIT: There's also a U.S. addressed login from earlier today that was blocked. I'd rather not get into states or city publicly, but this is also concerning. Would it perhaps be prudent to change the Archivist account's password?

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:24 pm 

It might have been Keeper. Without getting any more specific than country, it was a Canadian address. I'm not going to give google the thumbs-up unless someone comes forward or otherwise contacts me, though. I'd rather not risk it.

QUICKEDIT: There's also a U.S. addressed login from earlier today that was blocked. I'd rather not get into states or city publicly, but this is also concerning. Would it perhaps be prudent to change the Archivist account's password?

I can't imagine what Keeper would want with the Archivist account, but then again, I haven't heard from Keeper in, what, more than two years?

As far as changing the password, I would say it couldn't hurt. It's likely not strictly necessary, but not a bad idea.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:21 pm 

I can't claim either access attempt. Don't know that we need to change the password but as long as we get it out to all potential archivists, there wouldn't be much harm.

If you suspect Keeper wanted to check up on something, you might reach out to him, but I don't know... I feel like he may have had some bad blood when he left here, though I honestly don't know what displeased him so.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:56 pm 

Interestingly, Keeper apparently stopped by the site in late July. Pity we didn't get a quick hello, but as you say, I'm sure there are reasons.

On a separate note, bad news, everyone. I once again played a game of Oregon Trail. Orcish decided to drown on the second river. Brentain died of typhoid fever about half way there. Even though she's never technically been around these parts, I decided to invite Mrs. Ol along this time. Sadly, she got sick and joined her late husband literally one step before the end.

But Luna and I made it. So, Yay, I guess! :woot:

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:44 pm 

On a separate note, bad news, everyone. I once again played a game of Oregon Trail. Orcish decided to drown on the second river. Brentain died of typhoid fever about half way there. Even though she's never technically been around these parts, I decided to invite Mrs. Ol along this time. Sadly, she got sick and joined her late husband literally one step before the end.

But Luna and I made it. So, Yay, I guess! :woot:

I travelled the trail again today with an entirely new crew of M:EMbers, this time taking Barinellos, Tevish, Aaarrrgh, and Huey Nomure. And good new, Aaarrrgh and Tevish…

:paranoid:

Barinellos, you got Typhoid Fever, then broke your arm, and then "got sick and died," to quote the game. All with the span of about two or three in-game days. Huey, sadly, you broke your arm and apparently couldn't go on. Also, Aaarrrgh, while you did survive, you got Typhoid fever on at least three separate occasions.

I, as your fearless leader, was fine the whole way, and I'm sure that I kept morale up even as everyone was dying...

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:20 pm 

Ha! Three time typhoid survivor! Take that! Although really, that just sounds like a terrible superpower:
"Never fear! Typhoid Fever Man is here! Huh, what's that? Oh, no, I don't give people typhoid fever, I just... Oh, the muggers got away. Sorry about that."

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:19 am 

Aaarrrgh wrote:
Ha! Three time typhoid survivor! Take that! Although really, that just sounds like a terrible superpower:
"Never fear! Typhoid Fever Man is here! Huh, what's that? Oh, no, I don't give people typhoid fever, I just... Oh, the muggers got away. Sorry about that."

If they were mugging folks with threats of coughing on them, you'd be uniquely well-positioned to interpose.

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:20 pm 

Aaarrrgh wrote:

:lol:

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:37 pm 

So, this time playing Oregon Trail, I opted not to bring M:EMbers, but rather M:EM Characters. Not surprisingly, I brought Daneera as the leader, Denner, Kahr, Lukas, and Antine.

We got down to only five sets of clothing, but owing to Kahr's chronic shirtlessness, we still had one to spare. The Measles went around the wagon, with Denner, Lukas, and Antine getting it, and somehow we lost the trail, even with Fabellian around. But we made it safely to Oregon!

Oh, also, Antine proved once again that he's good as getting into places he's not supposed to be. In this case, an early grave!

:takei:

:cry:

So, I guess, most of them made it safely to Oregon...

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:05 pm 

As far as changing the password, I would say it couldn't hurt. It's likely not strictly necessary, but not a bad idea.

Late to the game, here, but that would be my thought. Can't hurt.

Orcish decided to drown on the second river.

Hah! You hear that, river? MY CHOICE! I AM IN CHARGE OF MY OWN FATE! NO ONE TELLS ME HOW TO--

*glug glug glug*

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:00 am 

He died as he lived.
Being angry at bodies of water.

...I can't help but think Orcs probably are crap swimmers. Their BMI seems weighted away from heavy fatty deposits to denser muscularature. Shame Ruwin isn't around to answer how good Sava is at swimming.

...aaaaand now I'm just thinking of the MEM characters in various beachwear apparel.
Unsurprisingly, Alessa has opted for the 'clothing optional' option.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:21 pm 

I'd like to note that I'm still alive.

I feel mostly dead, though.

The last few weeks have been awful.

Quoth the Raven, for truth.
Know your roots.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:51 pm 

I'm sorry... Alive is good at least?

Better luck with the next few weeks.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:26 pm 

I suspect that I've been bitten by a spider.

Here's hoping the swelling goes down enough by morning to let my toe bend.

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 369, 370, 371, 372, 373, 374, 375  Next