It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112  Next
 Post subject: Re: A tumblr thing.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:35 pm 

I hope to see an Eumidean planeswalker who wants to find the best environment to make a new hive. Spark trigger: getting disconnected from her original hivemind
Huh, not gonna lie, pretty much the same idea crossed my mind one or two days ago. High five! ;)

Speaking of Eumidians, I'm still hoping to see a creature of an obscure race like that in Dominaria. Eumidians, Chelonians, En'Jaga, shark people... just one little shout out to a race we've only seen in the novels but not on cards (I'm not really counting Xira Arien here). Heck, if nothing else I'd probably settle for more Cephalids and Nantuko...

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:59 pm 

Identity: Male
I want to see green push more into the tradition side of things. It doesn't have to be about loving nature, or going back to a subsistence hunter gatherer lifestyle. You can just be opposing social change. It can be about carrying on the legacy of your ancestors.

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:11 am 

TPmanW wrote:
I want to see green push more into the tradition side of things. It doesn't have to be about loving nature, or going back to a subsistence hunter gatherer lifestyle. You can just be opposing social change. It can be about carrying on the legacy of your ancestors.

I have exactly that in the MEM. A ronin walker from a Meiji era inspired plane.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:48 am 

Quote:
markrosewater said:
A Message From Mark

As I assume most of you are aware, the sit-com “Roseanne” recently returned to television. People turned out in droves to watch the initial two episodes and it immediately got picked up for a second season. Roseanne, in turn, decided she wanted to expand the show’s writing staff. I used to write for “Roseanne” (if somehow you didn’t know that). Lesser known though is how well I got along with Roseanne during my time on the show.

From out of the blue last week, she called me with an offer to join the writing staff. Originally, I had planned to be a comedy writer and I put that on hold to try my hand at game design. Over this last week, I’ve been weighing this offer aware that I had always planned one day to return to comedy. Leaving Wizards is not an easy decision, but one I eventually realized I needed to make. So, it seems fitting that today (as Easter is symbolically a day of rebirth) I officially let you all know that I am leaving Magic to return to writing for “Roseanne”.

Spoiler

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in an thread with GM_Champion" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against AzureShade when card design is on the line!"

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:21 pm 

Identity: Chaoslight
Preferred Pronoun Set: She
O___O

Aww its a joke? I was gonna be really happy for him and for wizards.

People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:25 am 

Quote:
buzzsawmanpants asked:
So, why was the common symbol colour changed for dominaria? I can't really think of what a reason would be for that.

markrosewater said:
One of the constraints of expansion symbols is no one can look like another one, so if someone sees a card in a vacuum, they can identify, without any confusion, what set it comes from. The common Dominarian expansion Symbol was changed to white because in black it looked too similar to the common Darksteel expansion Symbol.

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in an thread with GM_Champion" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against AzureShade when card design is on the line!"

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:00 am 

Quote:
(Source: dmkaine, via gitblog-monster)

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:13 pm 

10/4 good buddy

People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:58 pm 

Identity: Male
I can see the 2 card images, but the one underneath isn't displaying.

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:58 am 

These were too pretty to not share:

Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 9:27 am 

Quote:
tungsten-pyre asked:
Can I get some birthday trivia for my favourite tribe: The Viashino from Jund?

markrosewater said:
I believe the Viashino were named so we could make the Viashivan joke in Visions.

Happy Birthday!

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:22 pm 

The what now?

People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 12:19 am 

Shivan Dragon

Viashivan Dragon

Which is not much of s joke, admittedly. I might be missing something.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:12 pm 

Keeper has written an article arguing for better continuity and less comic book nonsene in Magic's storyline, something I'm always happy to share:

http://www.gatheringmagic.com/samkeeper ... ero-comic/

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:45 pm 

Quote:
sliverpw asked:
There were no slivers on Dominaria (understood why), but now there appears to be no slivers in M19, the best place you could put them. Are slivers players going to have to wait for M20 as the next possible set for them because they take up too much design space in regular expansion sets? #Makesliversappearagain

markrosewater said:
I announced at Blogatog Live, that we have Slivers planned for a product in our pipeline (which goes out to about 2023).

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:54 pm 

Maybe they plan on having slivers be the next 'big bad', with a planeswalking sliver that spawns more slivers on planes it visits, or a bunch of slivers that can together somehow send slivers to other planes to make new hives, perhaps by turning slivers temporarily to stone in a way they automatically break out of, and then generating as a group a new type of magic portal between planes? They'd be an ecological threat across multiple planes to motivate gatewatch involvement, but not actually evil, just mostly instinctively spreading? Or maybe they figure out how to reverse the feature of Shandalar that brought them there from elsewhere and start sending slivers to planes Shandalar interacts with in whatever weird way it does stuff like that?

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:10 pm 

More likely there is either a Core Set in the future plan that has them, we are going back to Dominaria and getting to see more of the Slivers, or we are finally going to visit the Sliver homeworld.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:33 pm 

Quote:
shlizabibi asked:
So far we've had Elder Dragons, Elder Dinosaurs, and one Elder Demon. Can there also be Elder Angels? Elder Hydras? Elder Squirrels? Elder Oozes?

markrosewater said:
Elder has gone over well, so I think the chance of seeing other Elder creature types has gone up.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:31 pm 

The Coalition/Phyrexian War Game Rises Again

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:12 am 

http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/17 ... -better-as

Beats yet another discussion on how Bolas is so sympathetic as of his backstory.

My Patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/Carliro

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112  Next