It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Headbutt // Headlock
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:23 pm 

Headbutt
Sorcery

Target player discards a card. Then if that player has no cards in his or her hand, transform Headbutt and put it onto the battlefield attached to that player.

//TRANSFORM//

Headlock
Enchantment - Aura Curse

(Headlock is black.)
At the beginning of enchanted player's end step, if enchanted player has three or fewer cards in your hand, that player loses 2 life.

Last edited by clustro on Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Like this post

Post subject: Re: Headbutt // Headlock
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:18 pm 

When Accursed Witch dies, return it to the battlefield transformed under your control attached to target opponent.

As such:
"Target player discards a card. Then if that player has no cards in his or her hand, transform Headbutt and put it onto the battlefield attached to that player."

8 rack is a mean way to win.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:35 pm 

Ahhhh OK tyvm. I have fixed the rules text. Thanks!

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:21 pm 

Transforming sorceries are an interesting idea. Things might get weird if some jerk decides to flicker the enchantment, though.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:41 pm 

Shaz wrote:
Transforming sorceries are an interesting idea. Things might get weird if some jerk decides to flicker the enchantment, though.

Darn, you got me there. I cannot think up a solution to this at the moment. Trying. :(

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:43 pm 

Interesting:

304.4. Instants can't enter the battlefield. If an instant would enter the battlefield, it remains in its previous zone instead.
Applies to sorceries too.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-questions/how-does-flickering-a-manifested-card-work/

Manifest is different and weird:
There are no cards in the Fate Reforged set that would turn a face-down instant or sorcery card on the battlefield face up, but some older cards can try to do this. If something tries to turn a face-down instant or sorcery card on the battlefield face up, reveal that card to show all players it’s an instant or sorcery card. The permanent remains on the battlefield face down. Abilities that trigger when a permanent turns face up won’t trigger, because even though you revealed the card, it never turned face up.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=394067

Interestingly, if you bounced this enchantment you could use it to make them discard again.

And now I'm thinking of a card named manifest destiny that causes things to manifest?

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:32 pm 

You would still be the "you" in Headlock, since you put it onto the field and control it.

"Enchant player
At the beginning of each end step, if enchanted player has three or fewer cards in their hand, they lose 2 life."

I like the idea, but I feel like the effect should be reduced to just on the player's turn instead of every turn. And the name sounds more red than black to me.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:44 pm 

Identity: Male
So the problem is that if you bounce it as an enchantment, it will try to re-enter the battlefield as a sorcery?
The easy out would be to have a clause that activates when the enchantment leaves the battlefield to ensure it always ends up somewhere that makes sense. Simplest execution would be to always exile/graveyard.

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:26 pm 

neru wrote:
You would still be the "you" in Headlock, since you put it onto the field and control it.

"Enchant player
At the beginning of each end step, if enchanted player has three or fewer cards in their hand, they lose 2 life."

I like the idea, but I feel like the effect should be reduced to just on the player's turn instead of every turn. And the name sounds more red than black to me.

Oh tyvm. I have fixed the text. Silly me!

Like this post