It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1823 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 92  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:28 pm 

Zinger2099 wrote:
Also, I'm going to say that TRIPLE POSTING from the same account (or quadruple posting, or quintuple posting, or more, etc), will likewise incur ModVotes.

this is unfortuante

since my posting is very stream of thought

most of the time i kind of just make posts instead of planning things out

and since i'm not allowed to edit my posts for fear of breaking the sacred rules of mafia

if i have additional stuff to say i kind of just have to make another post

if you really insist though

can i ask somebody random to post something at least semi relevant

after i post twice

so i can post again

without zinger's wrath

Dwarven Vow #7

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:38 pm 

Identity: Spider-Man
Preferred Pronoun Set: Wtf is a "Jabber address"?
It's not about incurring/avoiding my wrath, it's about allowing those other players who don't have the same kind of free time you do a chance to catch up and post without intimidating them with 20+ pages of backlog stuff that they're expected to read.

Watch me play Dungeos & Dragons live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific / 7:30pm Eastern, on twitch.tv/joshuabarbeau

Or come play Dungeons & Dragons with me on Twitter in a choose your own adventure style way

Or hire me to run a game of Dungeons & Dragons for you and your friends

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:00 pm 

Zinger2099 wrote:
Silly wrote:
can i make posts that are unrelated to the game if they're a part of the same post as one that is related to the game?

There's a thread for that. Use it.

Also, I'm going to say that TRIPLE POSTING from the same account (or quadruple posting, or quintuple posting, or more, etc), will likewise incur ModVotes.

I shouldn't have to sift through 20 PAGES between votecounts in order to find THREE VOTES. That's a little ridiculous, especially when 50% of those pages were created by 3-4 players chit-chatting about League of Legends. C'mon guys. :roll: This isn't SPAM MAFIA.

to be fair there were probably only around 10 posts about league of legends at least 96% of them were game related (albeit fast and furious and somewhat repetitive as mafia sometimes is)

i will not adhere to zinger's requests but will bear the mod vote burden with pride if it comes down to it

not that i think i've ever triple-posted or talked about league in this thread

although i guess i did now

although it is more like talking about talking about league

i wonder what sort of conventions historically exist for attempting to objectively establish the topic of a conversation or monologue or expression of some other variety

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:00 pm 

PariahKing wrote:
Also my pm heavily implies you deliberately picked me

You sure you have nothing to say?

i did target you last night i just didn't know i had an ability

the exact message i sent zinger was

Quote:
(topic is night action) i know i don't have one but if i actually do and just don't know about it then i am going to target PK with it

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:01 pm 

PariahKing wrote:
For better or worse I'm not probably going to be lynched Rag

What's your step 2

---

I didn't time loop you, no

All of my powers are public now

there is no step 2, I'm putting all my effort into lynching you until you're dead unless a better course of action presents itself. Diverting my attention lowers the chances that you will be lynched by enough that the risk is not worth the reward.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:02 pm 

Roleclaim: I'm vanilla town. The flavour is that nobody would expect zinger to put a vanilla townie in a game. My role also comes with a bastard warning expressing that there may be some lies in it, and then some further discourse explaining that the bastard warning is just to make me question myself and that i really am only vanilla town.

I targeted PK last night with an ability i didn't know existed.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:10 pm 

oops i guess i quintuple posted while catching up

maybe zinger will hammer me

also of note, if anyone is every at L-1 i will unvote PK to lynch them, but I won't focus my attention anywhere besides PK for the most part for as long as he is alive.

Here's a list of who i would like to see lynched in the order i would like to see them lynched though, with brief reasoning that i probably won't expand on in the future for aforementioned reasons

1. PariahKing - we lose if he doesn't die soon
2. Freddeh - AFAIK we haven't tried lynching him yet and i am metagaming the mod but i think zinger calling him mod-confirmed mafia means that he is mod-confirmed mafia.
3. Rubik - Gave me scum vibes with a few posts
4. Sneaky - Hard to read, not a ton of content beyond safe opinions.
5. Neosilk - Low content
6. JaC - Low content
7. Alt - I have a town read on him
8. JD - He recognizes PK's danger so he is an important asset to the town
9. Silly - He recognizes PK's danger and is active and has a strong seeming role so he is an important asset to the town. I think he might be secretly doing something incredibly silly but that is mostly paranoia.
10. KoD - He was town that he died so he is probably town now
11. Ragnarokio - She is me and so lynching her is probably unconductive towards my wincon, which is currently town but i imagine is subject to change. (through PK or someone else)

In retrospect i guess trying to go for a town win is actually playing against my win condition despite being town, because trying to get culted by PK is probably more likely to result in me winning the game, and by trying to play for a town win i am making it less likely for PK to cult me. That is an amusing thought.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:15 pm 

Identity: 15377
Preferred Pronoun Set: It
I'll admit I didn't read super hard but I'm self and I don't have to care what you guys are saying unless it involves the phrase "Let's kill JD". At which point I'll probably just jump to limbo and still not care.

Or I could just switch up to my usual self saunter of trolling everybody and everything just to entertain myself.

*Cracks Knuckles*

Rag, Fred, and Sneaky are the scum team. KoD and PaK are super secret cult, PaK insta used his rez ability on KoD at start of day with a successful convert. HW created the mini game and is also Secret but his win con is to have more people in Limbo than any other pool at EoG. And Zinger is still Hobby because you don't make a game flavored on Zinger design vs Zinger play without having a Zinger in play.

Nah, still bored.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:23 pm 

killing PK would be a proper test of your abilities JD it might alleviate your boredom

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:26 pm 

i believe rag

when she says she is vanilla town

that would be a pretty funny role

and we all know how funny zinger is

Dwarven Vow #7

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:27 pm 

For what it is worth, JD, I was not touched by PK. To the best of my knowledge, PK didn't have a chance to use his ability on me, unless he was willing to sacrifice protection vs a kill ability.

D1: PK more than likely used his remove votes from himself ability. Plus I was still alive up until I wasn't, and that was past day end.
N1: There was no N1 thanks to Alt. So PK had no chance to utilize an ability here.
D2: I wasn't alive at all during D2. PK's ability, without going back and reading, is the -1 that revives the person and has a 10% chance to cult them. As far as Silly stated it all, I would have returned instantly had PK rezed me during that day. More than likely he used an ability to either prevent his lynch or prevent himself from being killed (does the +2 to prevent night kill work against daykill abilities?).
N2: This would have been the only time PK could have used his ability on me, but you run into the problem of Hobby claiming to have tried to kill PK at this time. So you can choose to believe PK revived-culted me here, or choose to believe Hobby was being honest about having tried to kill PK at this point. There's also the thing about me still being dead at this point (in the graveyard).
D3: Hobby claims to have targeted PK last night (N2). I am alive at this point (listed among the living). PK could have possibly used his revive ability on me at this point.

@Silly or PK, whoever answers first: What is PK's starting loyalty? 5?

Anyway, there is another player here who was responsible for "reviving" me. I think I know who it is, but I'm tight lipped about it until that person wants to reveal themself. So yeah. I'm not allied with PK.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:28 pm 

Dwarven Vow #7

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:42 pm 

Identity: 15377
Preferred Pronoun Set: It
@Rag, Day 1 I was actually going to wait for him to be at L-2 and then double tap him except Altimis Ruins EverythingTM.

@KoD, if he set up his ability use for today to fire off at the very beginning of day he would create the illusion that he didn't rez you while also creating the illusion that he still has an ability use today. Best of all, he wouldn't have to be here to do it because it's an ability set up in advance. So claims of "Whoa, I was at the gym getting swoll, just ask Sneaky" are fun but irrelevant. Additionally whether you came back flipped or not you're still going to claim you weren't. So your words are irrelevant too. If a third party wants to claim your resurrection then okay, but until then it's still in the realm of completely possible that PaK is your savior.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:42 pm 

I expect PK to be at 11 loyalty right now without having used an ability today. 13 if he does the remove votes/prevent nk one today (which why wouldn't he). So he'll just go up from there and realistically trying to pursue his lynch is out of the question anyway (@Rag).

As far as Rag and Silly's claims go, I'm more inclined to believe Rag's claim over Silly's insomuch as Rag is town and Silly isn't.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:43 pm 

Silly wrote:
i believe rag

when she says she is vanilla town

that would be a pretty funny role

and we all know how funny zinger is

i mean, it seems like i'm not actually vanilla, since my targeting PK apparently did something. My first line of thought was that i was originally actually vanilla but zinger thought it was funny and/or sad that i tried to target someone anyway so he gave PK the chance to un-vanilla-ize me. Its also possible it was just a feature built in from the beginning of the game, which is also pretty funny since it means i solved the puzzle on the first night with no clues.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:47 pm 

I mean if people really want to test PK, then feel free to do so so he can prove you all wrong. If you go by the assumption that PK did rez me at the beginning of today (because illusions), then PK's loyalty should effectively be at 10 and he'd have no access to his ability to remove votes from himself.

Between Hobby being able to vote, you (JD) having 2 votes, and most everyone else, there are more than enough votes to lynch PK if what you said is true. So, test it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:54 pm 

As a side note here are the votes that I'm counting without any other shenanigans:

Rag, Silly, JDx2, Hobby, JaC, KoD, Neo, Alt, Sneaky, Rubik, and Fred (Total: 12)

That's two in excess of PK's loyalty of 10 (assuming JD's scenario is the true scenario). Consider it Case 1. In Case 1 PK's day ability would have already been used on me and successfully converted me as per JD's theory. Without my vote, there are still 11 votes to be thrown at PK. So, unless someone else screws with stuff, you all should be able to lynch PK.

Case 2, however, is that PK never revived me and still has his ability to use today while having a loyalty of 11. So, with his ability use, PK would be 1 vote out of reach assuming everyone (except PK) voted for PK. And, assuming PK didn't use his ability to increase his loyalty anyway, you'd have one chance to try and lynch him now before he can react.

Either way, PK's actions can clear me or the person who actually revived me can clear me. I don't recommend the person who revived me say so because you'll just become a target for the mafia as well (since you're definitely more than likely town).

So yeah, feel free to putz around and waste time pursuing PK, or pursue mafia like I've been saying.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:59 pm 

Ragnarokio wrote:
also of note, if anyone is every at L-1 i will unvote PK to lynch them, but I won't focus my attention anywhere besides PK for the most part for as long as he is alive.

im pretty sure im actually at L-1 right now

my starting loyalty on d1 was 5

and given the fact that there havent been any lynches yet

i haven't had the chance to lynch anybody

let alone any non town roles

Dwarven Vow #7

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:01 pm 

You're pretty adamant that you'll turn up as town, huh?

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:04 pm 

im dead already

Dwarven Vow #7

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1823 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 92  Next