It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1823 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 92  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:44 pm 

Identity: invalidated
Preferred Pronoun Set: dead/dead/dead/dead/deadname
Vote: Ragnarokio

And on the pedestal, these words appear: "My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare - the lone and level sands stretch far away.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:55 pm 

Identity: Rubik
Can you bring yourself back to life, PK?

Can you no longer get points if you die?

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:02 pm 

No but I feel like I may not stay dead, my role has the bastard tag and all already people have mysteriously been intervening on my behalf

I can get points after death if my actions lead to something that happens later on

And on the pedestal, these words appear: "My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare - the lone and level sands stretch far away.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:03 pm 

I also didn't mess with Niklor btw

Leading me to believe other people.may have similar powers that could see my return come

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:28 pm 

Aaarrrgh wrote:
I just realized that we might be looking at this the wrong way. The fact that there was no night means that for all intents and purposes, we are still in D1. All that happened was that KoD was daykilled and all votes were reset. I think that is how we should think right now.

this is actually a good way to think about things that I didn't think about before

because i am not good at thinking about things

Dwarven Vow #7

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:29 pm 

PariahKing wrote:
I also didn't mess with Niklor btw

Leading me to believe other people.may have similar powers that could see my return come

also im not sure if you're aware but niklor is among the living again

Dwarven Vow #7

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:55 pm 

@PaK - why would you want to bring back KoD (as town, I would assume) and then just kill him again. Assuming it's a joke, but if there really is an ability to bring back players, without changing their alignment, then it should be used on all known town, IMO.
@Nik - do you know why you are alive now?
@Rag - why should people lynch PaK rather than you?

I can take (for now) that Alt was misguided town, and, if he's honest about his ability, as long as there are some resurrection abilities, it's almost like a cop.

Unvote:

Right now, I'm leaning to either PaK or Rag, since they seem to be against one another, there's a good chance that at least one is scum.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:58 pm 

Identity: Rubik
Can you just tell us what objectives you want achieved and we can kill you and achieve them post-humorously?

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:08 pm 

@Neosilk: the more probable scenario is that PK is self-aligned and that i am either town or scum. There isn't good incentive for PK to fakeclaim an incredibly contrived self-aligned role as either mafia or town, so him being self seems the most probable scenario to me, and in the event that he's self my alignment shouldn't have much bearing on my interactions with him.

The reason I think PK should be lynched is because I get the vibe from him that his role is anti town. He's even explicitly said as much while being bound by his NLP (he said it was technically possible for him to win with town, but his wording made it seem like winning would be a loophole if anything). Beyond that, self's represent an unknown that is better to take out of the game, zinger says that town can necessarily win with non-mafia aligned players alive but the opposite isn't necessarily true. PK has incentive to make his role appear more pro-town than it is, so we should always assume that it is some degree less pro town than he is making it off to be, and he is already not making it off to be very pro-town.

Its better to lynch him earlier in the game because the longer the game goes on, the bigger an investment it will be to spend a lynch on him. There's another reason I want to lynch him early, which you may or may not know. PK is a notorious smooth talker. He's talked his way out of impossbile situations as scum (in one instance a cop outed him, and he nameclaimed, to which the cop counter-name claimed. He then went on to claim yoshi (in a touhou themed game), and claim survivor, and claim serial killer. His claim kept changing but by the end of the day every single person minus two was on board with leaving him alive. He was of course the mafia don. He's also convinced the mafia to out themsevles by pretending to have a role that could rewrite their roles into something less fun to play as. He has the sort of way with words that brings to mind "one who can sell ice to a polar bear". For this reason, i have more urgency in lynching him early on, when there are less footholds for him to use to convince people to lynch someone else. If we give him a day or two while trying to NK him or something, there's going to be more mechanics at play and it'll be easier for PK to use those mechanics as magician's tools to divert attention from him. This isn't to say we should lynch PK because he is hard to lynch. We should lynch PK because his role is probably anti-town. We should lynch him quickly because he's hard to lynch in general.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:09 pm 

and i don't really have any reason not to lynch me beyond lack of a reason

despite the apparent attention on me i'm not aware of any real cases made against me. I think PK is voting me because I went two or three days without posting and he's considering that a meta tell. IDK why anyone else is.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:54 pm 
Desperately Wants A Custom Title

Identity: Man
@PK: I never said you were the seer.
My interpretation of your statements were that you had a seer-like role.

If I assumed that was the case, and KOD was mafia. Town would have a seer-like role that wouldn't have had to out themselves to mafia. That's a powerful position for town to be. From my perspective of course, as I would be the only one with this information. I said that I wouldn't have claimed if this went right simply because, the day would've ended and nobody would've died. That would protect a powerful role for later, while confirming to me a definite mafia. This is all moot now, as this is not what happened. I also had to use it sooner rather than later. It's not the best vig shot, but it comes at no 'real' expense to town as there was no night for a NK, and the votes were tied at that point. Sure there could've been a wagon one-way or another, it's a vig role with some upside, and some downside. I liked it, it stunk that it didn't work.

My Cube | My Designs | My Art
Silver Soraka Main

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:17 pm 

Identity: 15377
Preferred Pronoun Set: It
Silly wrote:
also has my good fierend JayD posted anything important lately
come on man dont dip on me

I don't think I've posted anything important all game.

I wouldn't trust PaK as far as I could throw a 3 ton cinder block. The main take away from yesterday was that he was fine with people getting ready to vote him when he thought he wouldn't die, but then when he realized he could he was ready to cut deals. For somebody who claims to think he'll resurrect or that can win post hominously that seems a bit frantic to me. So I'd say there are likely lies somewhere in his claims. At the very least of omission.

I'm not really feeling a Rag lynch at this juncture so I probably won't vote there unless something more grand happens. Would run Fred up for funsies though.

Alt's prob town from what I recall of his playstyle.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:23 pm 

Identity: Spider-Man
Preferred Pronoun Set: Wtf is a "Jabber address"?
Votecount 2.1
PariahKing (2): Silly, Ragnarokio,
altimis (2): Aaarrrgh, NeoSilk,
Ragnarokio (1): PariahKing,

Not Voting (7): Niklor, altimis, JayDreven, Freddeh-scum, Just_a_cleric, Rubik, SneakyFox,

With 12 Living Players, a "Majority Lynch" requires 7 votes.

Vote Log

Watch me play Dungeos & Dragons live every Wednesday at 4:30pm Pacific / 7:30pm Eastern, on twitch.tv/joshuabarbeau

Or come play Dungeons & Dragons with me on Twitter in a choose your own adventure style way

Or hire me to run a game of Dungeons & Dragons for you and your friends

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:39 pm 

unvote

vote fred

now that we have a whole extra week for "day 1", we might as well get this out of the way.

if fred isn't dead by thursday morning when i wake up im going to move my vote.

Dwarven Vow #7

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:40 pm 

Well, this is FUN.

I think Ragnarokio has a POINT: the Pariah King is going to be hard to ELIMINATE unless we do it quickly, and he's certainly a THREAT to the town. YESTERDAY would have ideally been the time to do it, though.

Vote: PK

HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:51 pm 
100th Member!

I'M BORED

BOTH THESE WAGONS ARE BAD AND I WANT KOD BACK

OM NOM NOM: Aaarrrgh

Feels too obvscum to me tbh.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:19 pm 

Freddeh wrote:
I'M BORED

BOTH THESE WAGONS ARE BAD AND I WANT KOD BACK

OM NOM NOM: Aaarrrgh

Feels too obvscum to me tbh.

Aww, I was going to shot him tonight tho.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:20 pm 

Just joking, not interested in tipping the balance between town and mafia, or zinger would get really mad.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:59 pm 

Unvote
Vote: Freddeh

This is not a retaliation vote. This is because I am doing everything I can to contribute, including asking specific questions of Freddeh regarding inconsistencies in his claims, and he is ignoring it.

Seriously though, am I just really bad at this game? It seems like no matter what I do people think I'm scum...

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:00 pm 

Hey remember when I made up that whole thing about wanting to accumulate percentage points

I'm bad at this No Lie Policy thing

ANYWAY

My actual win condition is if three days pass without anyone being dead. (People in the "not dead really alive" zone don't count as being dead.) This is why I have the power to revive people and manipulate lynches to fail.

In reality, my victory has no bearing on the rest of the outcome of the game - although the way the OP is worded suggests I need to win before you kill all the mafia, maybe the game just ends without me being able to resolve my goal. The D1 plan was to encourage you to lynch me to trigger a no lynch. So yes, in a way, it was a jestery "I want to be killed" way. Alt however gave me a big leg up with a d1 no lynch start.

So now I have a little bit of a problem though: do I work towards reviving KoD so he isn't in the dead pile anymore OR do I stop you from killing me, which you have decent incentive to do. Because I can't really do both. And it has to be consecutive days with nobody dead, so if you no lynch me, I get zero benefit we're just here again, just a bad time for me really.

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1823 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 92  Next