It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 613 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:42 am 

I believe the crazy combo you are thinking of is storm. I actually nerfed it so it is less broken imo.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:15 am 

Identity: Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/his/his/himself
No, I meant to use Entwine.

Comp Rules wrote:
702.41a Entwine is a static ability of modal spells (see rule 700.2) that functions while the spell is
on the stack. “Entwine [cost]” means “You may choose all modes of this spell instead of just
one. If you do, you pay an additional [cost].” Using the entwine ability follows the rules for
choosing modes and paying additional costs in rules 601.2b and 601.2f–h.

Emphasis mine. They haven't revisited Entwine yet (doubtful they will since they made Escalate), so of course all you'll find are the play-it-safe cards typical of a keyword's introduction. :incognito: Although, if I were to change one thing about the card, I think it would be to replace the word "with" in the third mode with "if it has" to be a little less harsh on when exactly you can cast it entwined.

Green primary: Animating lands
Green secondary: +N/+N to your team, ongoing

Awaken
Enchantment-Aura
Enchant land
Enchanted land is a 2/2 Elemental creature. It's still a land.
Creatures you control get +2/+2.

Can't think of a better name right now, pretty much using the BFZ block keyword as a placeholder name.

Up High, Down Low, Whoops, Too Slow.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:37 am 

Test User (1)
Relic Moss
Creature - Plant
Whenever an artifact enters the battlefield under an opponent's control, you may return ~ from your graveyard to the battlefield.
5/5

Spoiler

Last edited by theatog on Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:14 pm 

Primary - Maro ability
Secondary - Card filtering

Multani's Blessing
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 for each card in your hand.
Whenever enchanted creature deals combat damage to a player, reveal the top four cards of your library. You may put a creature or land card from among them into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:43 pm 

Elida, the Blessed Wood
[Legendary Enchantment Land - Forest] (R)
Elida enters the battlefield tapped.
Whenever another enchantment enters the battlefield under your control, untap Elida.

Primary: Untapping lands
Secondary: Friendly to Enchantments

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:22 pm 

Identity: Unqualified
Tale of the Seeking Twins
Enchantment
Creatures your opponents control must block creatures you control with the greatest power.
Whenever a creature you control with the lowest power deals combat damage to a player, draw a card.
"There existed twins who went in search for true wisdom. The stronger twin sought it in the heat of battle, where even time stood still. The smaller twin, without power, scoured the darkest crevices and most forgotten wonders, searching for that wisdom in understanding."

Primary: Lure
Secondary: Curiosity
Subject to change, not really sure how I feel about it

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:43 pm 
YMtC Pro Tour Champion

Edacade wrote:
No, I meant to use Entwine.

Comp Rules wrote:
702.41a Entwine is a static ability of modal spells (see rule 700.2) that functions while the spell is
on the stack. “Entwine [cost]” means “You may choose all modes of this spell instead of just
one. If you do, you pay an additional [cost].” Using the entwine ability follows the rules for
choosing modes and paying additional costs in rules 601.2b and 601.2f–h.

Emphasis mine. They haven't revisited Entwine yet (doubtful they will since they made Escalate), so of course all you'll find are the play-it-safe cards typical of a keyword's introduction. :incognito: Although, if I were to change one thing about the card, I think it would be to replace the word "with" in the third mode with "if it has" to be a little less harsh on when exactly you can cast it entwined.

Ah man now I have to look up Comp Rules? You guys and your experienced card making, magic playing and rules judging. That being said then, I'm bumping you up a point.

YingLung

TPmanW

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:47 pm 

Test User (1)
to be fair he could've totally included that tidbits of info with his submission. I do it when my design venture off in the obscurity direction. :V

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:08 pm 

UselessCommon's Shoulder Devil wrote:
Apology accepted. Back to designing cards. I'll try my best.

UselessCommon's Shoulder Angel wrote:
I feel very humiliated and really sorry for salty, scrub-like behaviour. I probably should quit contest, but it's too awesome, and I am not that of a good person.

Spoiler

Graceful Fury
Enchantment - Aura (U)
Enchant creature
All creatures block enchanted creature, if able.
Enchanted creature gains +1/+0 for each creature blocking it.
"And then, she roared and charged, and we saw the true beauty of an elvish warrior." - Groft, goblin rummager.
Primary: Lure
Secondary: +X/+0

War of the spark will have so many Planeswalkers, they won't even be planeswalking anymore.

Last edited by UselessCommon on Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:39 pm 

Dudibus wrote:
Ah man now I have to look up Comp Rules?

I mean...You don't have to. If you'd like I can leave the Comp Rules entry in a spoiler block whenever I use a keyword that hasn't been used for a while (read: is outside of Standard). I have the Comp Rules bookmarked in my browser. :teach:

I'm willing to take the 2, by the way, no need to change scores.

Up High, Down Low, Whoops, Too Slow.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:56 pm 
YMtC Pro Tour Champion

No I only reduced you by the one because of the mistaken perception of the misuse of Entwine. I was torn between your card and resdamalos's for favorite card of the round.

YingLung

TPmanW

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:48 pm 

UselessCommon's Shoulder Devil wrote:
Apology accepted. Back to designing cards. I'll try my best.

UselessCommon's Shoulder Angel wrote:
I feel very humiliated and really sorry for salty, scrub-like behaviour. I probably should quit contest, but it's too awesome, and I am not that of a good person.

Watchers in the Mists
Enchantment (U)
Whenever one or more creatures attack you, you may untap a creature you control. Prevent all damage dealt to it or by it this turn.

Primary: Gaseous Form
Secondary: Creature Untapping

UC, the criteria said green enchantment.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:02 pm 

The way I read it, anthems are secondary in green and trample is primary.

Primal Anthem
Enchantment-Aura
Creatures you control get +1/+1 and have trample

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:48 am 

The Earth's Rebellion
Enchantment
As long as it isn't your turn, lands you control are 3/3 creatures with "This creature must block if able”.

Animation and forced block. In progress.

Last edited by resdamalos on Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:07 pm 

Enchanting Encroachment
Enchantment
Lands you control are 0/0 creatures in addition to their other types with "This creature gets +1/+1 for each basic land type among lands you control."

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in an thread with GM_Champion" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against AzureShade when card design is on the line!"

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:52 pm 

Preferred Pronoun Set: T3KK-TP
Primary: Increasing counters
Secondary: Rules setting

Bestial Insight | :3::g:
Enchantment

If you would draw a card, you may instead put two +1/+1 counters on target creature you control.

Magia Record

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:43 am 

Survival of the Ring -
Enchantment
Whenever a creature you control wins a fight, put two +1/+1 counters on that creature or remove any number of +1/+1 counters from that creature and draw that many cards.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:10 pm 

Preferred Pronoun Set:
Soul of the Forest -
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant Forest
Enchanted Forest is a 3/3 green Treefolk creature with hexproof in addition to its other colors and types.
"The clerics love to wax poetic about their sky god watching over us all. But here in Yavimaya, we know that Gaea has ears, not eyes, and that She listens from within."
-Eladamri

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:59 am 
YMtC Pro Tour Champion

Yarium - X = 1 makes me sad. The copy could have been abused if you hadn't made this a creature enchantment, but, of course, you did, which was an excellent design decision. 2 Points.
Edacade - There's just something about this card that really resonates with me. It's likely to good, but I love it anyways. Other than the name. 3 Points.
theatog - I liked Natures Revenge as well, but the whole land animation was defintiely used this round. I like Relic Moss as well. Remember when a 5/5 for 4 was like, brutally overpowered? And now its just good. It really punishes artifacts in a way that green loves to punish. By stomping on people. 3 Points.
Knight Otu - This is a fun card. I don't see a damn thing wrong with it. Well costed, strong. 3 Points.
SimicMimic - this card just screams broken. I tried to break it, and I couldn't, but it must be broken. Right? Like, it must. Somehow. Nicely done on succinctly combining the primary and secondary like that. This card is very "ytmc". 3 Points.
Malikot - I am also not sure how I feel about it. I love the design space of playing with the greatest/lowest power rules text, but it seems really overpowered in something like a token deck. 2 Points.
UselessCommon - I did quite like the blue card. It could maybe even be green in a neat, color pie breaking sort of way. The green one isn't the most interesting of cards, but it gets the job done and is a limited first pick for me. 2 Points.
purplebackpack89 - I'm surprised we haven't seen anything this simple yet powerful from green already. Solidly printable I would say. 3 points.
resdamalos - I don't know if this card needs the "must block" because I can't imagine anyone would bother playing it with that clause since they are only creature on your turn. It enables a number of things and is very green. I wanted to give this one a 1.5, but Ill round up to 2.
AzureShade - Solid. Land animation was strongly represented this round. The card is succinct and hits not only the criteria, but supports land tutoring as well. 3 Points.
Tekkahedron - I think I would have to see this one in play to know the true power level, but this is definitely one that gets my Johnny smiling. I would pick up 4 of these as soon as the set released and let the shenanigans ensue. 3 Points.
Confused - I love fight. Its flavorful and evocative. I find it is under utilized by wotc. This is a fun take on it, with prizes involved if your critters are winning their fights. 3 Points.
ParadOxymoron - Simple, fun, balanced, flavorful. Just pushes the powerlevel enough for me to love it. I'm jealous I didn't design this card. 3 Points.

Favorite card of the round - I liked most of the cards this round, but I think I have to give it to ParadOxymoron, but Edacade and Azure were serious contenders. +2 Points for being under 25.

STANDINGS:

Yarium - 34 Points
Knight Otu - 31 Points
purplebackpack89 - 30 Points
theatog - 30 Points
resdamalos - 29 Points
AzureShade - 29 Points
Edacade - 29 Points
SimicMimic - 27 Points
Confused - 26 Points
Mown - 26 Points
UselessCommon - 25 Points
Tekkahedron - 24 Point
Malikot - 23 Points
preadatordetector - 20 Points
ParadOxymoron - 18 Points
aranthinius - 7 Points

CRITERIA: Pick a color. Make an uncommon card of the chosen color that could also be in one of it's enemy colors.

YingLung

TPmanW

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:56 pm 

I'm hoping that Pit Fight and Red and Green's propensity to blow up artifacts and lands lets me get away with this.

Shatter the Weak
Sorcery (U)
Target creature you control fights target creature you don't control. If the creature you don't control is an artifact or land in addition to its other types, destroy it instead.
"You act as though steel and stone are a match for Balduvian muscle and bone. Let me show you your ignorance." - Lothar Lovisason, Balduvian cheiftan

After all these rounds I still can't read. *Fixing*

Scryscale Slitherer
Creature - Naga Shaman (U)
Flash
When Scryscale Slitherer enters the battlefield, draw a card.
2/2

Flash lives in Blue and Green, as does card draw on creatures....as do Naga.

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in an thread with GM_Champion" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against AzureShade when card design is on the line!"

Last edited by AzureShade on Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 613 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 31  Next