It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 613 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:15 am 

Identity: Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/his/his/himself
White: Destroy target creature with power 4 or greater (note that MaRo counts destruction and exiling from the battlefield as the same thing) and token generation

Fuss to Feathers
Sorcery (U)
(Art: A big ol' Beast or Dragon getting branded with the Avacyn logo)
Exile target creature with power 4 or greater. Its controller creates a 4/4 white Angel token with flying.

(The reason it has to be power 4+ is if it wasn't, you'd just destroy your own weenies to turn them into Angels)

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:47 am 

Test User (1)
Vampiric Henchman
Creature - Vampire
Lifelink
~ gets +X/+X where X is the difference of life total between you and the opponent with the lowest life total.
-2/-2

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:38 am 

Eyes on the Prize -
Sorcery
Target creature gets +X/+X until end of turn and you may have it assign combat damage as though it isn't blocked this turn.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:53 pm 

Forgery |
[Sorcery] (U)
Create a token that is a copy of target artifact or creature you don't control. Then, exchange control of those permanents.

Uses "Copy" and "Gain control".

For context, I expect this would be used in a blue/white flicker-based deck in the hypothetical block it would be released as part of. On its own, it's a clone that steals auras and counters; in combination with flicker, it's a mind control effect.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:18 pm 

Preemptive Nullfield
Sorcery (U)
Until your next turn, whenever a player casts a spell, if it was the first spell he or she cast that turn, counter that spell unless that player pays
Rebound (If you cast this from your hand, exile this spell as it resolves. At the beginning of your next upkeep, you may cast this card from exile without paying its mana cost.)
"A moment of silence, if you will."

Primary 1: Countering
Primary 2: Spell copying

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:01 pm 
YMtC Pro Tour Champion

AzureShade - I designed a card almost identical to this one in my Rising Storms set. 3 Points. Because, Awesome. Do you think it's too strong to be able to go for any land vs. just a forest?
resdamalos - I think you could have gotten away with 1GG or 2G for the effect, or maybe made it an enchantment with a etb trigger. Either way, its a fine card. I find the Elf/Archer/Green creature thing to be a bit cumbersome. 3 points.
Knight Otu - second card this round that is almost identical to a card I designed for my Rising Storms set. Yours is better costed though. 3 Points. Because, improved on awesome.
preadatordetector - interesting little card. Hard to evaluate in a bubble. I'll count it as land destruction. I mean, I don't like the card, because it doesn't suit the way I enjoy playing magic, but that doesn't make it a bad card. A little to close to Browbeat though. 2 Points.
Edacde - I question this card uncommon rarity. I really like the card though. It's quite balanced and could easily see print. But likely as a rare. Still, 3 Points. But I sort of wanted to give it a 2.5.
Malikot - the two abilities play against each other. You want additional land drops as early as possible, and the creature pump you want more later in the game when its going to save one of your guys or kill one of theirs, or both. I think the times when you want the pump you'll wish it had been in instant, but has there ever been instant additional land play cards? Gatherer doesn't seem to think so. Isn't there some rule stating that lands can't be played on other players turns? I think I would have like this card more even if it had been counters instead and something like 1G You may play an additional land. Put may put a +1/+1 counter on target creature. This way you get some better effect with the +1/+1 counter having a potential last impact on the game. 1 Point.
Mown - Hmmm. Seems preeeeeety broken? It's got warning bells all over it. How many decks would abuse this card? So very red. It's like...I want to love this card because it's awesome. But at the same time I shouldn't love this card because its damaged goods. Sounds like my last relationship *BA DA DUM*. Oh hell, I'm giving it 3 Points but I'm really going to regret it in the morning.
purplebackpack89 - this should be the next swords variant. There is nothing wrong here. This is the kind of card people will read, laugh at, and then start playing as soon as someone pisses them right off with it. It would be a 2 of in like every sideboard. You can even trick it out with pumped up creatures. 3 Points.
theatog - the wording is a little confusing to me. When does it get the +X/+X? I'm guessing its P/T changes whenever life totals change? And when it hits, it just keeps getting bigger? But I can't even play it unless I have a least 3 more life than the lowest player. Not loving this one. 1 point.
Confused - I do like this card, however it is very similar to the card Edacde submitted last round. That doesn't mean it doesn't deserver a good score, but it is hard not to judge it with a harsher eye. 2 Points.
SimicMimic - now this card is just fun. Oozing with corner cases and flavor. 3 Points.
Yarium - fits the criteria. A little on the pricy side, when the player likely have the mana to spend, but I wouldn't want to see it cost much less. 2 points.

Favorite card of the round: SimicMimic! +2 Points good sir.

STANDINGS:

Mown - 23 Points
Yarium - 22 Points
purplebackpack89 - 21 Points
Knight Otu - 20 Points
theatog - 19 Points
preadatordetector - 19 Points
Edacade - 19 Points
AzureShade - 19 Points
SimicMimic - 17 Points
resdamalos - 17 Points
UselessCommon - 16 Points
tekkahedron - 15 Point
Confused - 15 Points
Malikot - 14 Points
aranthinius - 7 Points
ParadOxymoron - 5 Points

CRITERIA: Pick a color. Make a RARE power level card that hoses the primary of one of it's enemy colors. Judging will favor you more if your card could still be main decked. Bonus point to my favorite card, regardless of current point value.

I am on vacation for the next 2 weeks, which means I'm not sure how often I'll get back to this during that time.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:11 pm 

Dudibus wrote:
AzureShade - I designed a card almost identical to this one in my Rising Storms set. 3 Points. Because, Awesome. Do you think it's too strong to be able to go for any land vs. just a forest?
I just wanted to avoid annoying corner cases that can crop up with various non-basic lands. I went with Forest over basic land because I wanted it to maybe see play alongside Duals and Shocks, but that was about it.

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in an thread with GM_Champion" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against AzureShade when card design is on the line!"

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:23 pm 

Blue Primary Hoser: Flicker (And hilariously doubles as a major boost and win-con for White's version of flicker because Green and White are allies.)

Lost to Time
Enchantment (R)
If a non-land, non-token permanent would leave the battlefield, exile it instead and put a fallow counter on Lost to Time.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if there are 20 or more fallow counters on Lost to Time, you win the game.

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in an thread with GM_Champion" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against AzureShade when card design is on the line!"

Last edited by AzureShade on Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:48 pm 

White and Green primary hoser: Token Generation

Vyudo, the False God |
[Legendary Creature - Human Wizard] (R)
Convoke, Flying, Haste
When casting Vyudo, you may tap creatures you could target as though you controlled them.
If you spent no mana to cast Vyudo, sacrifice all creatures tapped to cast him, and he enters the battlefield with a divinity counter.
As long Vyudo has a divinity counter on him, he is an enchantment god with indestructible in addition to his other abilities, types, and subtypes.
8/5

He might be edging towards mythic... he'd definitely be a fun commander. Even if you don't manage to nuke the opponent's board with him, he's still an 8/5 hasty flier that taps down a bunch of stuff. That can be a pretty solid finisher.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:01 pm 

Test User (1)
Death's Shadow is the same wording. no confusion there. :cry::cry:

The reason it started from -2/-2 coz' it can grow big very fast. Also you don't have to have more life than lowest life. "Difference" is absolute value. Which means, if lowest life opopnent is 10 and your life is 7, still works. :cry::cry::cry:

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:46 pm 

Dudibus wrote:
Edacde - I question this card uncommon rarity. I really like the card though. It's quite balanced and could easily see print. But likely as a rare. Still, 3 Points. But I sort of wanted to give it a 2.5.

You know, I originally had it costed at (which I think would have been more in line with uncommon power level), but then I forgot that it was supposed to be uncommon and lowered the cost because I felt like it was too high compared to Lost Legacy and Infinite Obliteration, despite having the option to cast the card. Oops. :V I will accept the 2.5 (or a 2) if you want to change my overall score.

Quote:
CRITERIA: Pick a color. Make a RARE power level card that hoses the primary of one of it's enemy colors. Judging will favor you more if your card could still be main decked. Bonus point to my favorite card, regardless of current point value.

Pick: Red
Hosing: Blue Bounce
Utilizing: A variation of "Impulsive Draw" that doesn't touch the library. :D

Impulsive Dodge
Instant
Exile target creature you control that is the target of a spell an opponent controls. You may cast it from exile this turn and as though it had flash.

Up High, Down Low, Whoops, Too Slow.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:14 am 

W primary: Indestructible, Damage prevention

Oh, it has to be a rare? Okay that's an awesome excuse to make the text as convoluted as possible. I'll exhibit what a simple face value ability can end up becoming...

Shattergang Sadism
Enchantment
Noncombat damage is dealt as if its source had wither. (Noncombat damage dealt to creatures instead would put that many -1/-1 counters onto creatures.)
Whenever damage is prevented, you may scry X, where X is the damage prevented. (Not all damage prevention instances are made equal. Read the following:
510.2 - All combat damage is dealt simultaneously during the first strike and regular combat damage phase.
615.12 - Some triggered abilities trigger when damage that would be dealt is prevented. Such an ability triggers each time a prevention effect is applied to one or more simultaneous damage events and prevents some or all of that damage.)

Wither deals with the indestructible creatures. The latter ability deals with damage prevention.
Also makes Scouring Sands pretty good...
Oh. There's Everlasting Torment... Um...

Last edited by preadatordetector on Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:45 am 

Luminloom Preserver -
Creature - Human Cleric
Lifelink
Whenever you or ~ would be dealt non-combat damage for the first time each turn, prevent that damage.
"Even the fires of hell can't touch us."
2/2

Hosing red burns.

Last edited by Confused on Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:18 am 

Friend to Foe
Sorcery {R}
Each creature gets -1/-1 for each other creature its controller controls.
In the harsh, violet light, visages twisted and warped. Each man suddenly saw not his allies, but the things he hated most. The battle was lost shortly after.

Hoses white's Warlords and green's Maro/Lhurgoyf effects, as well as tokens/creature-based strategies in general. Works out to be equivalent to Wrath most of the time.

Last edited by resdamalos on Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:03 pm 

White mass creature destruction

Undying Devotion
Instant
Until end of turn, creatures you control gain undying. (Creatures returned to the battlefield this way don't have undying.)
Until end of turn, whenever a creature enters the battlefield from your graveyard, target opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
Even with their dying breaths, many still praised the God-Pharaoh.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:39 pm 

Black hosing white and green token production, and also white weenie.

Sweating the Small Stuff
Sorcery (R)
Kicker
Destroy all creatures your opponents control with converted mana cost 1 or less. If Sweating the Small Stuff was kicked, for each creature destroyed this way, its controller loses 1 life.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:50 pm 

Slowride
Enchantment (R)
When Slowride enters the battlefield, draw a card.
Nonland sources cannot add mana to mana pools.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

That's for the current round. Hates green mana dorks and land enchantments, hates red rituals, hates mana rocks.

Previous round:

Sengir Charm
Sorcery (U)
Choose one:
Return target creature from your graveyard to the battlefield.
Search your library for a card and put it into your hand. Shuffle your library.
Target opponent loses 4 life and you gain 4 life.

Yep, all of them are primary.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:31 pm 

Beats: creature tokens, planeswalkers, and damage prevention.
Red should be the best planeswalker color imho.

Also, I'm probably going to design these guys with just two abilities since they're inherently broken...

Tibalt, the Ultimate Sadist
Planeswalker - Tibalt
-2 ~ deals 1 damage to all creatures, planeswalkers, and players. This damage is unpreventable, and ~ gains loyalty equal to the amount of damage dealt this way.
-5 put an emblem onto the battlefield with "whenever noncombat damage is dealt by a source you control, planeswalkers you control gain that much loyalty."

Last edited by preadatordetector on Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:59 pm 

Preferred Pronoun Set: T3KK-TP
green: Tutor for land

Nullface Obstructor | :1::b::b:
Creature - Eldrazi Drone

Devoid, menace
Whenever a nontoken land would enter the battlefield from anywhere but its owner's hand, exile it instead. That land's controller creates a tapped "Wastes" basic land token.

3/3

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:30 am 

Go on without me. Real life has become swamped with work, will be bowing out for a bit.

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 613 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 31  Next