It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

Which is the best Dimir Artifact decklist?
Poll ended at Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:14 am
Arti-stuff 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Aggro-facts 20%  20%  [ 4 ]
Daring Designs 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
The Daily Grind 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
The whirl of whirlers whirling 15%  15%  [ 3 ]
Industrial Revolution 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Colossus Smash 15%  15%  [ 3 ]
The grid 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Improvise Control 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Arti-fiction 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 20
Total voters : 11
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:26 am 

Mowie666 wrote:
I really miss unlicensed disintegration.

I'm gonna whiteknight a bit, I feel chivalrous :V

Dude, the theme is DIMIR artifacts...and the rules for the contest state:

"Anyway this time i allow a little splash of your choice, let's say 4 cards max, that could be helpful for some decks but not recommended." (emphasis mine)

Adding max copies of UD, which is considered by many the best card in Standar now, to an artifacts deck certainly is gonna be "helpful", lol...but it's hardly anything innovative nor an idea deserving of special praise.

If you love the card, fine, sure...but considering less from a build because it adheres strictly to the rules and doesn't become Grixis just for an obvious inclusion not particularly in the spirit of the contest and which benefits any deck (and not just "some") is a bit undeserved, imo.

Ha, I agree with all of that. And I won't let UD bias my vote in any way. :angel:

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:29 am 

Just to let you guys know, I've been testing half of these. I just don't have enough data to share yet. I'll post once I've played everything at least twice. So far I've eliminated nothing

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:07 pm 

daring designs
g1 vs white green midrange the ol bygone bishop/thalia does me in. Underhanded designs seems bad (winmore). I get avacyn'd as well LOSS
g2 vs blue mill not feeling the 2 scroungers in these decks.. Underhanded designs shuts me the hell up and combined with Hidden Stockpile
beats his mill ass with -1 pings. WIN
g3 mana issues vs azorius I get avacyn'd, bad LOSS
g4 vs orzhov I get t2 stockpile, t3 harvester. He has mana issues. OK OK I like the combo of having thopter spy network and underhanded
designs out there together WIN
g5 I run into t2 thing in the ice! I get a Kiran out to apply pressure but sacrifice it to save a Trafficker. I manage to ultimate Tezzy and WIN

This deck was quite fun and I only lost to Avacyn. I found the draw had to be good t2 + good t3 to give me a good shot. B+ and I like the Underhanded Designs creativity.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:25 pm 

the grid

g1 blown out by red aggro LOSS
g2 vs white aggro double always watching avacyn gideon LOSS
g3 loss against a dimir deck tezzy /chandra torch LOSS
g4 WIN against golgari bestiary/natures way thing. I play the long game and grind out with Jace and Tezzy. WIN
g5 Let me just say that Alchemist Vial is a fun magic card. I get gisela/skysovereign/kalitas'd and this deck doesn't have much for
skysoverign :( LOSS
Misses early game answers. Mana curve seems way out of whack. Did not have much luck. D :(

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:15 pm 

Identity: Lost
Preferred Pronoun Set: it/thing/blob/?
Daily Grind results: AI: 5-0, Ladder: 4-1

1: W: Simic control. It was a great and long game that went back and forth. As always, against a permission deck, patience and timing (and ballista) was the key.
2: W: Abzan ramp. I focused on defending Jace until his Ultimate went off and I landed Ob in the same turn: he rage quit instead of conceding.
3: L: Abzan control that landed 2 back to back Thalia's and I didn't draw an answer for the 2nd, while he had plenty...
4: W: mono W Humans (blastr42 has been replaced by the AI). A lot of control elements, maybe too many as he didn't have enough threats. I Ulti'd Liliana and killed the AI as I was about to ulti Jace.
5: W: Rakdos Midrange. I was on my heels, down to 3 life, when I cast Flagship and Harvester on T5/6. All mine from there.

This deck felt pretty good overall. I've read the comments about low land count, but I have to say that it was never an issue in my 10 total games. Worst case was a few mulligans, but luck was on my side and I think the worst hand I kept was 2 tap lands plus a map which gave me 3 total, though slow. The one loss wasn't related to land, it was getting out tempo'd by his back to back Thalia's. If I had another timely removal for the 2nd one, I think I might have won that one. The removal was generally good, even though I lost the one game due to only a single removal card.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:32 am 

So we have until Saturday with possible extension? I think if it got moved to Monday morning, I'd have enough time. I know I'll play a ton Saturday night and probably Sunday evening also

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:02 am 

So we have until Saturday with possible extension? I think if it got moved to Monday morning, I'd have enough time. I know I'll play a ton Saturday night and probably Sunday evening also

Yeah, i see some people being halfway in testing, so i will change the deadline to 28 March.

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8WdNm ... mA6v3zuwoA
Deckbuilding contest: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=17763

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:38 am 

thanks! I really want to play these ones. I hated that I didn't playtest the last bunch enough.

I'm only half-way through but The Whirl of Whirlers Whirling seems like it's making it as hard as possible for me to actually win a match. I'm undefeated with it, but MAN does it feel like work. Still, results don't lie so i'll stick with it.

So far I'm undefeated with everything i've tested (half).

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:52 am 

That is impressive! The decks I've tested have been competitive, but to go undefeated with them is remarkable!

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:20 pm 

Preferred Pronoun Set: Xhir/xhim, depending on Moon phase
joNDel wrote:

That is impressive! The decks I've tested have been competitive, but to go undefeated with them is remarkable!

How many games each are we talking about? 1? 2? 3?.. 5?

With 2, it's already impressive...with 5, that means we are close to the the greatest run in Duels history :king:

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:33 pm 

The whirl of whirlers whirling AI: 3-0, Ladder: 3-2

1: L: Orzhov Walkers. Removal ate both whirlers and Languish cleaned up the tokens. His Sorin took out my Tez. I had nothing else.
2: L: W Humans. Always Watching+Thalia+Lieutenant+more vs the 2 deckhands I drew & equipment were no match.
3: W: Mardu Vehicles. Only because "XXX was replaced by the AI." partway thru the game and the AI is so utterly horrible at vehicles.
4: W: Golgari Snake. 2x early Bastion Inventors with goggles, helped by Servos to cast, was too much for him
5: W: Rakdos Mid. He resigned after I made an unblockable Bastion with Sigil on it…

The games I won felt good, but were heavily reliant on getting a Bastion Inventor on the table. I lost every game where that didn't happen. In the two losses I felt like I was completely out of the match. A human player would have won the 3rd match, but the AI is horrible on vehicles and I was still down to 5 life at the end. Gotta love making an unblockable Bastion Inventor with a Sigil of Valor (or two!) on it. Only managed the combo twice though, once vs AI and in my final ladder game.

Last edited by joNDel on Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:52 pm 

Maggit, 1 or 2 games each :)

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:18 pm 

Maggit, 1 or 2 games each :)

Still good mate ;)

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:12 pm 

On another note...yay!

I tweaked the manabase and changed just one card, according to the critics...and then I just had one of the best runs in the ladder in a long time, from rank 33 to rank 40, which I hadn't achieved in AER till now, btw...in a row, 7-0 and against good decks

Just 5 minutes ago:
Spoiler

:V

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:38 pm 

Mui bien!

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:58 pm 

Que?

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:14 pm 

Excuse moi?

Wait, I'm having a cultural breakdown

I meant..."¿Mandéeeee?"

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:18 pm 

On another note...yay!

I tweaked the manabase and changed just one card, according to the critics...and then I just had one of the best runs in the ladder in a long time, from rank 33 to rank 40, which I hadn't achieved in AER till now, btw...in a row, 7-0 and against good decks

Just 5 minutes ago:
Spoiler

:V

Nice. I still haven't personally seen the rank 40 avatar this season.

Arti-Stuff is now my prime suspect for your submission. Unless, of course, its actually MY submission and I'm just being sneaky. :plot:

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:34 pm 

The Whir of Whirlers Whirring

Game 1 vs Rakdos Articrats (40)
Spoiler

Game 2 vs Red Rush (40) (AI)
Spoiler

Game 3 vs Bant Goodstuff (35)
Spoiler

Game 4 vs Gruul Aggro (35)
Spoiler

Game 5 vs Boros Improvised Aggro (38)
Spoiler

5 Game Verdict:
Spoiler

Last edited by TheFlakyMage on Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:19 am 

Industrial Revolution

Game 1 vs Temur Energy (37)
Spoiler

Game 2 vs Grixis Tower Control (38)
Spoiler

Game 3 vs Grixis Something (30)
Spoiler

Game 4 vs Dimir Artifacts (35)
Spoiler

Game 5 vs Orzhov Lifegain/Control
Spoiler

5 Game Verdict:
Spoiler

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next