It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 9:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Are you still enjoying the Duel's Meta?
Yes. Best season yet. 51%  51%  [ 29 ]
Yes. I did prefer a previous season though. 23%  23%  [ 13 ]
No. Preferred "X" season. 16%  16%  [ 9 ]
No. I've stopped playing. 11%  11%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 57
Total voters : 57
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:34 am 

Preferred Pronoun Set: Coming Soon...Arena!
I'm not saying you're top 5 or anything, but the upper 50%. Point is you probably don't need a lecture from a random.

Careful of labels, GoA...Duke is new, not a random. Talk like that makes these forums seem like we are unwelcoming of new ideas and people...it makes us, as a whole, look click-ish.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:40 am 

We're clique-ish enough with older posters let alone new ones, what do you mean "look like"?

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:49 am 

Warning to new people: Disregard me entirely and probably everything I post unless I tell you you're being a cockrhino or dickephant.

Warning to new people: Disregard me entirely and probably everything I post unless I tell you you're being a cockrhino or dickephant.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:54 am 

Preferred Pronoun Set: Coming Soon...Arena!

You should put that in your sig....I do like it, nice touch. :D

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:18 pm 

a cockrhino or dickephant.
Next time Magic revisits Ravnica I want those printed as Simic mutants. :D

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:53 pm 

Kryder wrote:

You should put that in your sig....I do like it, nice touch. :D

As you command.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:49 pm 

I thrive on the tears of my competitors. Looks like they all came to this thread to start a support group. At least they'll be easier to collect now.

elk

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:58 pm 

Identity: Anachronistic Noble
Preferred Pronoun Set: Lord/Lady
There are so many viable decks / archetypes / approaches to the meta this season, it's ridiculous! Even my favorite strategy - proactive tap-out midrange - is well positioned. My only complaint about the format is that people have realized Esper Control is a viable deck and they've started playing it. We need to find some way to shove them back under the bed, so I can return to living a blissfully counterspell-free existence.

If I ever built an Esper Control deck, it would still somehow contain 2x Sylvan Advocate, 2x Tireless Tracker, 1x Nissa, Vastwood Seer, 1x Reclamation Sage, 1x Nissa, Vital Force, and 1x Woodland Bellower.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:26 pm 

Identity: Nah.
Preferred Pronoun Set: ---
Zerris wrote:
There are so many viable decks / archetypes / approaches to the meta this season, it's ridiculous! Even my favorite strategy - proactive tap-out midrange - is well positioned. My only complaint about the format is that people have realized Esper Control is a viable deck and they've started playing it. We need to find some way to shove them back under the bed, so I can return to living a blissfully counterspell-free existence.

Zerris pls. Control will never give up, and Grixis control is in top 8 at the protour so we're living. :plot:

Link to my smilies: https://imgur.com/a/HJMsX

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:49 pm 

From what I've seen, they used some crucial cards we don't have in Duels and aren't restricted by the rarity...

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:46 am 

Zerris wrote:

Actually, I made some quick changes to my pre-season boros vehicle deck just to do a quest and what did I face? Esper control...
Totally wrecked it though. Can't say if it was a lucky win or not, but it was very one sided and I was mana-screwed. Selfless spirit and too many threats helped, but he Eventually gave up amd let me finish my quest easily.
1 game is far from being a good sample, but does Esper have trouble with vehicles?

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:52 am 

Haven_pt wrote:
1 game is far from being a good sample, but does Esper have trouble with vehicles?

It has trouble with aggro in general. As long as your decks have many 1-2 drops.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:58 am 

Identity: Nah.
Preferred Pronoun Set: ---
Haven_pt wrote:
Zerris wrote:

does Esper have trouble with vehicles?

Depends on how the deck is built, if you have early removal then you're usually decent.

Link to my smilies: https://imgur.com/a/HJMsX

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:18 pm 

Esper has answers to Vehicles. Depending on how heavily you want to invest into Black you have Grasp of Darkness or Gideon's Reproach as well as Blessed Alliance, all of which can deal with attacking vehicles well enough (though Copter still gets a loot when using Reproach/Alliance).

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:53 pm 

That's just it... The esper deck took care of the vehicles (counters/removal) but then folded to the pilots...
It may have just been a janky or unlucky esper deck, but I was just wondering what the esper players thought.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:16 pm 

Haven_pt wrote:
That's just it... The esper deck took care of the vehicles (counters/removal) but then folded to the pilots...
It may have just been a janky or unlucky esper deck, but I was just wondering what the esper players thought.

I never used esper control yet since the update, but as a first feeling it should not have more problems than against another aggro deck. It can deal with vehicles with instant speed removals, as he would do with other creatures. But i let you know next week, when i start updating it, even if i already have an idea for the whole deck, i should only see some unconsidered cards.

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8WdNm ... mA6v3zuwoA
Deckbuilding contest: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=17763

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:38 pm 

Identity: Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: uhhhhh
Haven_pt wrote:

It has trouble with aggro in general. As long as your decks have many 1-2 drops.

Yeah, Esper is trying to go 1-for-1 removal until at least turn 4. It's very easy to go underneath Esper and finish it off with burn. The way people treat Esper as this boogeyman amuses me.

The one true King of NGA Magic Duels on Xbox One.

You want some? Come get some. You don't like me? Bite me.

Day 1,000 of the never-ending Vert monarchy.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=16077

Magic's a simple game, 2 people take turns playing cards and in the end Divinevert wins 2-0...

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:06 pm 

I apologize if I offended. My intention with posting was to join the discussion and add my opinion. BBB, hope you can forgive. Please consider the below an explanation to why I posted the way I did and as an invitation to further expand your opinion.

I just felt that the complaints and critiques about the format sounded strange, normally a format where there are many formats is considered healthy. Duels certainly has had the other extreme when gruul ramp was clearly the best thing to be doing. I didn't mean to insult one of the best players, but opening a topic with a complaining post that doesn't back up its points is asking for comments, especially from those with different opinions.

I joined because I want to contribute to the discussions and learn more. I read a post wherein an individual complained that a lifegain deck lost, that in a new meta they played a bunch of aggro decks and that other people are brewing new things. Were I reading this topic before I made the account, I would have liked to see the poster expand on their post. There certainly are complaints to be made about the new season, but the ones I saw didn't seem to be very well stated. I decided to try to get some discussion.

Also I have no idea who BBB is yet or what baggage comes with disagreeing with them

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:08 pm 

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

The poll consensus is clear. I am wrong, my opinion is invalid.

Move along!

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:31 pm 

Identity: Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: uhhhhh
Duke wrote:
I apologize if I offended. My intention with posting was to join the discussion and add my opinion. BBB, hope you can forgive. Please consider the below an explanation to why I posted the way I did and as an invitation to further expand your opinion.

I just felt that the complaints and critiques about the format sounded strange, normally a format where there are many formats is considered healthy. Duels certainly has had the other extreme when gruul ramp was clearly the best thing to be doing. I didn't mean to insult one of the best players, but opening a topic with a complaining post that doesn't back up its points is asking for comments, especially from those with different opinions.

I joined because I want to contribute to the discussions and learn more. I read a post wherein an individual complained that a lifegain deck lost, that in a new meta they played a bunch of aggro decks and that other people are brewing new things. Were I reading this topic before I made the account, I would have liked to see the poster expand on their post. There certainly are complaints to be made about the new season, but the ones I saw didn't seem to be very well stated. I decided to try to get some discussion.

Also I have no idea who BBB is yet or what baggage comes with disagreeing with them

Jesus, this is the worst post you've ever made. Take the nerdy **** and leave that at home.

If you have opinions, express them.

The one true King of NGA Magic Duels on Xbox One.

You want some? Come get some. You don't like me? Bite me.

Day 1,000 of the never-ending Vert monarchy.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=16077

Magic's a simple game, 2 people take turns playing cards and in the end Divinevert wins 2-0...

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next