It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:34 pm 

Exactly. That's the solution that has the least downside and actually has upside. I've read a few articles on the Bunny Ranch and the girls that work there. What their lives were like before and all that.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:17 am 

Just a question, but has anyone ever heard of a girl who says "I wanna be a prostitute when I grow up."

The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon wrote:
The secret of this format is in not breaking it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:48 am 

Identity: Female
yeah

it was a popular get rich scheme among persons of both genders when i was a child

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:02 am 

Poet, there are tons of awful jobs that no one wants to do. Not every job is an astronaut. People grow up and realize they need money. These girls would rather do this than work in an abbatoir. "I want to be a garbage man when I grow up!" "I want to slaughter animals "

Just because jobs suck, they shouldn't be illegal.

Get the pimps out of the picture and now the girls actually have a choice if they want to do it

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:31 am 

deadpoet wrote:
Just a question, but has anyone ever heard of a girl who says "I wanna be a prostitute when I grow up."

Whats your cut off on little girl here? Because in column A we have little kids who have no idea about sex, and obviously arent going to be aspiring to be a sex worker. Column B we have pre-teens and teens whom we teach that sex is some all consuming terrible scary thing.

I think my point here is that your clever point is pure fallacy.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:33 am 

Elijin, on pr0n sites why are the girls from Oz always hairy?

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:41 am 

Because shaving is for girls, and down here everyone is so manly that even the girls are men.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:45 am 

But even in Germany I think they shave!

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:03 am 

Yeah, brothels is a tough one. It removes the pimp which opens up freedom and choice for the women so I'm leaning towards being in favour but I'm not 100% sure. "Daddy, what's in that building ? " isn't something I want to address coming from my little girl. "Somewhere where you'll never work, honey. You keep it up with your school work "

What I'm curious about is if it totally kills the strip club business. Why spend upwards of 100$ on lap dances and expensive drinks when you can get the whole smash, and free drinks, for $150-$500? There are some people paying that in some strip clubs for crying out loud.

I mentioned before I read an article of two about the girls at the Bunny ranch and how their lives were before and after. I know it's just one example but those girls were making way more, had their own room were protected and all that. Also they can come and go as they please. No one forces them to work.

Anyway, interesting discussion

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:42 am 

Identity: Spambot
Preferred Pronoun Set: 0, 1
I don't imagine brothels would be built in the sort of places one would take one's daughter to.

I expect strip clubs would still have some business. Culturally, in the US at least, strip clubs seem to be a "standard guy thing", they're considered acceptable, even cool to talk about. On the other hand, I have never heard another man talk about having hired or potentially hiring a prostitute. It seems to cross some cultural line of what is and isn't ok. In America, men who go to strip clubs are considered masculine, but men who hire prostitutes are considered pathetic or creepy.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:35 am 

Right, but brothels are right in the middle of those. Guys talk about strip clubs all the time but will never share a prostitute story. But brothels are frequented in groups like strip clubs. Like a mutually assured destruction type of understanding.

Also are girls that work in brothels technically prostitutes? Honest question

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:05 am 

On the Bunny Ranch aspect of things, there are a crazy amount of couples who get involved with it to spice up their marriage or the like.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:10 am 

Identity: Male
Women working at brothels are prostitutes. Or like, managers, or janitors, or whatever. But yeah, you're thinking of prostitutes.
I don't think there's much distinction in most people's minds between going to a brothel and going to a nonbrothel prostitute. I can't imagine most folks talking about going to the brothel any more than I could imagine them going to another sort of prostitute.

Yeah, brothels is a tough one. It removes the pimp which opens up freedom and choice for the women so I'm leaning towards being in favour but I'm not 100% sure. "Daddy, what's in that building ? " isn't something I want to address coming from my little girl. "Somewhere where you'll never work, honey. You keep it up with your school work "

But wouldn't you still have to answer that question if the place was illegal? I don't really see how the legality of it makes a difference here.

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:38 pm 

When the government legalizes something, it sort of deems it acceptable to society. It's something I could totally avoid when it was illegal because an illegal brothel is invisible, basically.

I think it's very easy to go to a brothel for sex but I would think it's tougher to go through soliciting a prostitute off the street

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:35 pm 

Cato wrote:
I don't imagine brothels would be built in the sort of places one would take one's daughter to.

I expect strip clubs would still have some business. Culturally, in the US at least, strip clubs seem to be a "standard guy thing", they're considered acceptable, even cool to talk about. On the other hand, I have never heard another man talk about having hired or potentially hiring a prostitute. It seems to cross some cultural line of what is and isn't ok. In America, men who go to strip clubs are considered masculine, but men who hire prostitutes are considered pathetic or creepy.

That's not entirely accurate. Mostly it depends on the group you're with. Also hindering discussion of hiring a prostitute...it's mostly illegal. I've heard many stories about individuals visiting the Bunny Ranch, or the Red Light District, or Bath Houses in Japan. "Lust" for women is considered a manly thing, strip clubs are the easiest way to demonstrate that lust. Beyond that is only the conversations of earned sex vs purchased sex and which has more "value" in demonstrating someones worth...which is just a sad way of looking at sex in general. Part of the "bragging" about strip clubs is whether you were successful in convincing a stripper to go home with you...which would earn many high fives as opposed to "I was horny and a bit lonely so I hired someone to help."

Even strip club discussions are mostly frowned upon in polite society. In more intimate settings, the stories are often fun, youthful indiscretions. In my experience, a large percentage of women are disgusted by talk of strip clubs as well and actively try to discourage visits to strip clubs. This waxes and wanes with age and time though.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:54 pm 

Great post. I like the analysis of convincing a dancer to go home with u vs paying for it. Very good point

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:41 am 

Identity: Spambot
Preferred Pronoun Set: 0, 1
I doubt illegality hinders discussion of prostitution any more than it hinders discussion of marijuana.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:44 am 

Strips clubs practically do not exist here, it is not part of the culture. But brothels, although illegal, exist in great quantity, are widely known and overlooked by authorities. Why not legalize them?

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:48 am 

That's something I'm curious about and apologies if I already mentioned this, but do the existence of brothels basically become a barrier to entry for strip clubs ?

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:26 am 
Moderator Lead

Identity: Male
Deleted a spambot and had to delete a couple more for continuity as well.

Like this post