It is currently Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 519 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 26  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:30 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 03, 2015
Posts: 172
This is the Gruul landfall deck I made with the cards I had:
3 x Jaddi Offshoot
2 x Animist's Awakening
2 x Abbot of Keral Keep
2 x Makindi Sliderunner
4 x Gatecreeper Vine
1 x Snapping Gnarlid
2 x Evolutionary Leap
2 x Swell of Growth
2 x Boiling Earth
1 x Nissa, Vastwood Seer
1 x Natural Connection
4 x Nissa's Pilgrimage
2 x Murasa Ranger
2 x Grove Rumbler
4 x Mwonvuli Acid-Moss
2 x Akoum Hellkite
1 x Nissa's Renewal
1 x Omnath, Locus of Rage
7 x Mountain
7 x Forest
2 x Rootbound Crag
2 x Fertile Thicket
2 x Gruul Guildgate
4 x Evolving Wilds


The strategy for this deck is to get six lands on the board and hold the rest in your hand, especially the evolving wilds, since they count 2x for triggering landfall. Especially hoard the ramp spells in your hand and wait to topdeck your beaters. This deck can have very explosive turns with massive damage. You have to make sure you win before you play out all your land, because once you run out there are no more landfall triggers.

I am not sure if I should try to even out the curve with Gnarlids and Sliderunners or commit fully to the bug guys like Rumbler and Omnath.


Last edited by joesenshu on Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:40 am, edited 5 times in total.

Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:08 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 29, 2015
Posts: 156
I dont think you exile consistently enough to warrant so many processors. Also, where is you desolation twin??? o.O

_________________
Hakeem928 wrote:
Never tell a hungry person that you're yummy.

Image


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:09 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 06, 2015
Posts: 442
Identity: Male
R/G Landfall aggro
I'm not sure about a few cards like Akoum Stonewaker but the list is doing pretty well so far i'm 6-0.

3 x Goblin Glory Chaser
3 x Scythe Leopard
2 x Fiery Impulse
4 x Titan's Strength
2 x Abbot of Keral Keep
2 x Akoum Stonewaker
4 x Makindi Sliderunner
4 x Snapping Gnarlid
2 x Dragon Fodder
4 x Wildsize
2 x Exquisite Firecraft
1 x Akoum Firebird
3 x Grove Rumbler


10 x Mountain
6 x Forest
2 x Rootbound Crag
2 x Cinder Glade
4 x Evolving Wilds

_________________
Coexist's Concoctions
Spoiler


Steam name: WeCoexist


Last edited by WeCoexist on Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:36 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 06, 2015
Posts: 442
Identity: Male
chile125 wrote:
I dont think you exile consistently enough to warrant so many processors. Also, where is you desolation twin??? o.O

I forgot about desolation twin acutally..... I think this should fix the problem :D
3 x Jaddi Offshoot
4 x Fiery Impulse
4 x Gatecreeper Vine
1 x Rolling Thunder
1 x Nissa, Vastwood Seer
3 x Titan's Presence
2 x Radiant Flames
4 x Nissa's Pilgrimage
2 x Blight Herder
2 x Chandra's Ignition
1 x Oblivion Sower
2 x Nissa's Renewal
2 x Ruin Processor
2 x Nissa's Revelation
2 x Desolation Twin
1 x Ulamog, The Ceaseless Hunger


7 x Mountain
9 x Forest
2 x Cinder Glade
2 x Rootbound Crag
2 x Fertile Thicket
2 x Gruul Guildgate

_________________
Coexist's Concoctions
Spoiler


Steam name: WeCoexist


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:40 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 19, 2014
Posts: 1282
WeCoexist wrote:
R/G Landfall aggro
I'm not sure about a few cards like Akoum Stonewaker but the list is doing pretty well so far i'm 6-0.

3 x Goblin Glory Chaser
3 x Scythe Leopard
2 x Fiery Impulse
4 x Titan's Strength
2 x Abbot of Keral Keep
2 x Akoum Stonewaker
4 x Makindi Sliderunner
4 x Snapping Gnarlid
3 x Dragon Fodder
4 x Wildsize
2 x Exquisite Firecraft
1 x Akoum Firebird
2 x Grove Rumbler


10 x Mountain
6 x Forest
2 x Rootbound Crag
2 x Cinder Glade
4 x Gruul Guildgate


Stonewaker was a good out to flood and can generate a lot of pressure by itself. With such a low curve, it seems like it could be powerful mid/late game.

I'd have to spin your list but I will suggest some changes for the mana. First off, cut the gates and pick up Evolving Wilds. In a landfall deck, Evolving Wilds is two triggers. I'd also adjust your red count and take some Looming Spires. Again trigger with bonus.

I don't know why but I'm not digging Dragon Fodder here (again haven't played it yet). Would Subterranean Scout have a spot here? I'd also like to see one copy of Retreat to Valakut find it's way in there.


elk

_________________
oh SHUT UP ELK


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:01 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 06, 2015
Posts: 442
Identity: Male
elk wrote:
WeCoexist wrote:
R/G Landfall aggro
I'm not sure about a few cards like Akoum Stonewaker but the list is doing pretty well so far i'm 6-0.

3 x Goblin Glory Chaser
3 x Scythe Leopard
2 x Fiery Impulse
4 x Titan's Strength
2 x Abbot of Keral Keep
2 x Akoum Stonewaker
4 x Makindi Sliderunner
4 x Snapping Gnarlid
3 x Dragon Fodder
4 x Wildsize
2 x Exquisite Firecraft
1 x Akoum Firebird
2 x Grove Rumbler


10 x Mountain
6 x Forest
2 x Rootbound Crag
2 x Cinder Glade
4 x Gruul Guildgate


Stonewaker was a good out to flood and can generate a lot of pressure by itself. With such a low curve, it seems like it could be powerful mid/late game.

I'd have to spin your list but I will suggest some changes for the mana. First off, cut the gates and pick up Evolving Wilds. In a landfall deck, Evolving Wilds is two triggers. I'd also adjust your red count and take some Looming Spires. Again trigger with bonus.

I don't know why but I'm not digging Dragon Fodder here (again haven't played it yet). Would Subterranean Scout have a spot here? I'd also like to see one copy of Retreat to Valakut find it's way in there.


elk

Really like the suggestions elk! I played a few more games and got to see the stonewaker really shine. What exactly would you cut to fit the looming spires? The dragon fodder is a really flexible slot in this list, I wasn't really sure what I wanted but dragon fodder is always pretty good value and gives you the option to go wide when you want it.

_________________
Coexist's Concoctions
Spoiler


Steam name: WeCoexist


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:06 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 19, 2014
Posts: 1282
WeCoexist wrote:
What exactly would you cut to fit the looming spires?

Adjust your Mountain count for Looming Spires.


elk

_________________
oh SHUT UP ELK


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:41 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 06, 2015
Posts: 442
Identity: Male
So I made the change for evolving wilds..... this deck does good things :D

_________________
Coexist's Concoctions
Spoiler


Steam name: WeCoexist


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:05 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 22, 2014
Posts: 77
WeCoexist wrote:
chile125 wrote:
I dont think you exile consistently enough to warrant so many processors. Also, where is you desolation twin??? o.O

I forgot about desolation twin acutally..... I think this should fix the problem :D
3 x Jaddi Offshoot
4 x Fiery Impulse
4 x Gatecreeper Vine
1 x Rolling Thunder
1 x Nissa, Vastwood Seer
3 x Titan's Presence
2 x Radiant Flames
4 x Nissa's Pilgrimage
2 x Blight Herder
2 x Chandra's Ignition
1 x Oblivion Sower
2 x Nissa's Renewal
2 x Ruin Processor
2 x Nissa's Revelation
2 x Desolation Twin
1 x Ulamog, The Ceaseless Hunger


7 x Mountain
9 x Forest
2 x Cinder Glade
2 x Rootbound Crag
2 x Fertile Thicket
2 x Gruul Guildgate


I would suggest Omnath, Locus of Rage.
Also I think you don't have enough enablers for all thsoe processors. :/
I def think this can be a really strong deck though if refined.

_________________
http://twitch.tv/nevius22 :)


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:23 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 06, 2015
Posts: 442
Identity: Male
Nevius wrote:
WeCoexist wrote:
chile125 wrote:
I dont think you exile consistently enough to warrant so many processors. Also, where is you desolation twin??? o.O

I forgot about desolation twin acutally..... I think this should fix the problem :D
3 x Jaddi Offshoot
4 x Fiery Impulse
4 x Gatecreeper Vine
1 x Rolling Thunder
1 x Nissa, Vastwood Seer
3 x Titan's Presence
2 x Radiant Flames
4 x Nissa's Pilgrimage
2 x Blight Herder
2 x Chandra's Ignition
1 x Oblivion Sower
2 x Nissa's Renewal
2 x Ruin Processor
2 x Nissa's Revelation
2 x Desolation Twin
1 x Ulamog, The Ceaseless Hunger


7 x Mountain
9 x Forest
2 x Cinder Glade
2 x Rootbound Crag
2 x Fertile Thicket
2 x Gruul Guildgate


I would suggest Omnath, Locus of Rage.
Also I think you don't have enough enablers for all thsoe processors. :/
I def think this can be a really strong deck though if refined.

Ya i cut back on some of the processors and I'm currently looking at Omnath in place of 1 Ruin processor which brings the list down to 3 processors total.

I'm focusing on refining the aggro landfall list now because I think it's really good and fun to play.

_________________
Coexist's Concoctions
Spoiler


Steam name: WeCoexist


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:31 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 19, 2014
Posts: 1282
WeCoexist - I ran the list and ended up dumping the Fodder for another Fiery Impulse and Retreat to Valakut (which was great). I also ran the complete set of Looming Spires and they were great here too. I always build and love lists like this with lots of trample and pump. Nice one.


elk

_________________
oh SHUT UP ELK


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:58 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 06, 2015
Posts: 442
Identity: Male
elk wrote:
WeCoexist - I ran the list and ended up dumping the Fodder for another Fiery Impulse and Retreat to Valakut (which was great). I also ran the complete set of Looming Spires and they were great here too. I always build and love lists like this with lots of trample and pump. Nice one.


elk


Thanks elk! :cloud9:

I've been doing really well with my current list (replaced the gates with evolving wilds), but I'm definitely gonna try out your changes the next time i play. The ability to go wide with the Fodder has been working pretty well for me though.

_________________
Coexist's Concoctions
Spoiler


Steam name: WeCoexist


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:49 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 12, 2014
Posts: 598
nice list wecoexist. very similar to the list I'm running. its actually the first deck I made with the bfz hit. my only suggestion is get some mage-ring bully in there. I think he does work. I actually don't use the stonewakers. I tried him in my first build but noticed that games didn't tend to last long enough for me to require mana sinks. I was usually playing a creature or a spell. the bully worked perfectly. I suppose its a toss up and preference at that point. stonwaker give you the ability to go wide but bullies can get very big aswell. I also use titanic growth over titans strength. I suppose the scry is nice but sometimes I would rather retain a creature than just trade up if your using it as a combat trick and if it just to pump more dmg through l'll take that extra 1 power instead. I too am using a low curve but I did squeeze in 1 nissa's renewal, its a great game closer, thins the deck some more, brings you back from near death and is very fun. just some small suggestions. gruul landfall agro is pretty awesome though.

_________________
Steam ID: TheTruStag
Time Zone: Eastern
Twitch : https://www.twitch.tv/the_tru_stag


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:30 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 10, 2013
Posts: 12021
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
U still undefeated coexist ?


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:59 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 06, 2015
Posts: 442
Identity: Male
TheTruStag wrote:
nice list wecoexist. very similar to the list I'm running. its actually the first deck I made with the bfz hit. my only suggestion is get some mage-ring bully in there. I think he does work. I actually don't use the stonewakers. I tried him in my first build but noticed that games didn't tend to last long enough for me to require mana sinks. I was usually playing a creature or a spell. the bully worked perfectly. I suppose its a toss up and preference at that point. stonwaker give you the ability to go wide but bullies can get very big aswell. I also use titanic growth over titans strength. I suppose the scry is nice but sometimes I would rather retain a creature than just trade up if your using it as a combat trick and if it just to pump more dmg through l'll take that extra 1 power instead. I too am using a low curve but I did squeeze in 1 nissa's renewal, its a great game closer, thins the deck some more, brings you back from near death and is very fun. just some small suggestions. gruul landfall agro is pretty awesome though.

thanks stag!

There's a few reasons why i didn't put in the mage ring bullies, first is because i don't really have enough enchantments or consistent pump to keep him going since he has to attack every turn on the ground, and the second reason is just because I have so many consistent 2 drops that have synergy with my game plan. I chose titan's strength because its a cheap combat trick that I can squeeze in on early turns and it also helps my draw step, also if i'm using it to trade my creatures generally live because of the extra landfall triggers as well, but titanic growth sounds pretty cool too

U still undefeated coexist ?


I believe i'm like 25-3 now, sitting at rank 23

_________________
Coexist's Concoctions
Spoiler


Steam name: WeCoexist


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:33 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 08, 2014
Posts: 255
Identity: Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: Normal Male
WeCoexist wrote:
Nevius wrote:
WeCoexist wrote:


I would suggest Omnath, Locus of Rage.
Also I think you don't have enough enablers for all thsoe processors. :/
I def think this can be a really strong deck though if refined.

Ya i cut back on some of the processors and I'm currently looking at Omnath in place of 1 Ruin processor which brings the list down to 3 processors total.

I'm focusing on refining the aggro landfall list now because I think it's really good and fun to play.



Mind posting the "new" deck list so I can test it out for ya?^_^

_________________
Your Tears Fuel Me E . · '/· . F


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:55 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 03, 2015
Posts: 1662
I dont see how he manages to feed 2 Blight Herder and a Ruin Processor off 3 conditional exile removal and a singleton sower. I'm tempted to call BS.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:30 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 06, 2015
Posts: 442
Identity: Male
WeCoexist wrote:
Nevius wrote:

I would suggest Omnath, Locus of Rage.
Also I think you don't have enough enablers for all thsoe processors. :/
I def think this can be a really strong deck though if refined.

Ya i cut back on some of the processors and I'm currently looking at Omnath in place of 1 Ruin processor which brings the list down to 3 processors total.

I'm focusing on refining the aggro landfall list now because I think it's really good and fun to play.



Mind posting the "new" deck list so I can test it out for ya?^_^

I haven't touched that deck since I made it lol, the deck I'm talking about currently is the R/G landfall aggro deck
I dont see how he manages to feed 2 Blight Herder and a Ruin Processor off 3 conditional exile removal and a singleton sower. I'm tempted to call BS.

I'm not playing that deck anymore, I played a few games testing with Binderato and I just scrapped it after that. Not really sure what you're calling BS at, but if you thought I was referring to that list when i mentioned my stats, that would be a no.

_________________
Coexist's Concoctions
Spoiler


Steam name: WeCoexist


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:50 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 14, 2014
Posts: 343
Maybe a lot has changed in a couple of days, but this landfall deck isn't happening for me... at all. Can't see 25-3 win ratio or anything near it. It has just been sucking for me sadly.

Any further discussion on this?

To reiterate, it's just... a whole lot of slow nothing. It's trying to accomplish what classic Origins RDW and boros do so well, and it just doesn't really work.

Especially now with all the other new BFZ cards, more board wipes, more tricks. I don't see early game aggro gruul landfall working at all.

I get a snapping gnarlid out on turn 2.. maybe turn 3 I draw a scythe leopard.. I hit for 4 or 5 with gnarlid and a pump, my opponent is settling their board and gaining advantage, kills my weenies.. I draw fiery impulse... maybe a goblin glory chaser... oh look now the board has wiped, or I'm facing a few fat creatures, or an enchant I can't overcome etc.

It has not been explosive at all for me. Gonna stick to classic RDW / boros, love my mage ring and call of the full moon


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:42 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 10, 2013
Posts: 12021
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Yeah, I don’t think landfall is a tier one mechanic. It's super slow


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 519 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 26  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group