It is currently Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 519 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:30 pm 

This is the Gruul landfall deck I made with the cards I had:
3 x Jaddi Offshoot
2 x Animist's Awakening
2 x Abbot of Keral Keep
2 x Makindi Sliderunner
4 x Gatecreeper Vine
1 x Snapping Gnarlid
2 x Evolutionary Leap
2 x Swell of Growth
2 x Boiling Earth
1 x Nissa, Vastwood Seer
1 x Natural Connection
4 x Nissa's Pilgrimage
2 x Murasa Ranger
2 x Grove Rumbler
4 x Mwonvuli Acid-Moss
2 x Akoum Hellkite
1 x Nissa's Renewal
1 x Omnath, Locus of Rage
7 x Mountain
7 x Forest
2 x Rootbound Crag
2 x Fertile Thicket
2 x Gruul Guildgate
4 x Evolving Wilds

The strategy for this deck is to get six lands on the board and hold the rest in your hand, especially the evolving wilds, since they count 2x for triggering landfall. Especially hoard the ramp spells in your hand and wait to topdeck your beaters. This deck can have very explosive turns with massive damage. You have to make sure you win before you play out all your land, because once you run out there are no more landfall triggers.

I am not sure if I should try to even out the curve with Gnarlids and Sliderunners or commit fully to the bug guys like Rumbler and Omnath.

Last edited by joesenshu on Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:40 am, edited 5 times in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:08 am 

I dont think you exile consistently enough to warrant so many processors. Also, where is you desolation twin??? o.O

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:09 am 

Identity: Male
R/G Landfall aggro
I'm not sure about a few cards like Akoum Stonewaker but the list is doing pretty well so far i'm 6-0.

3 x Goblin Glory Chaser
3 x Scythe Leopard
2 x Fiery Impulse
4 x Titan's Strength
2 x Abbot of Keral Keep
2 x Akoum Stonewaker
4 x Makindi Sliderunner
4 x Snapping Gnarlid
2 x Dragon Fodder
4 x Wildsize
2 x Exquisite Firecraft
1 x Akoum Firebird
3 x Grove Rumbler

10 x Mountain
6 x Forest
2 x Rootbound Crag
2 x Cinder Glade
4 x Evolving Wilds

Steam name: WeCoexist

Last edited by WeCoexist on Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:36 am 

chile125 wrote:
I dont think you exile consistently enough to warrant so many processors. Also, where is you desolation twin??? o.O

I forgot about desolation twin acutally..... I think this should fix the problem :D
3 x Jaddi Offshoot
4 x Fiery Impulse
4 x Gatecreeper Vine
1 x Rolling Thunder
1 x Nissa, Vastwood Seer
3 x Titan's Presence
2 x Radiant Flames
4 x Nissa's Pilgrimage
2 x Blight Herder
2 x Chandra's Ignition
1 x Oblivion Sower
2 x Nissa's Renewal
2 x Ruin Processor
2 x Nissa's Revelation
2 x Desolation Twin
1 x Ulamog, The Ceaseless Hunger

7 x Mountain
9 x Forest
2 x Cinder Glade
2 x Rootbound Crag
2 x Fertile Thicket
2 x Gruul Guildgate

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:40 am 

WeCoexist wrote:
R/G Landfall aggro
I'm not sure about a few cards like Akoum Stonewaker but the list is doing pretty well so far i'm 6-0.

3 x Goblin Glory Chaser
3 x Scythe Leopard
2 x Fiery Impulse
4 x Titan's Strength
2 x Abbot of Keral Keep
2 x Akoum Stonewaker
4 x Makindi Sliderunner
4 x Snapping Gnarlid
3 x Dragon Fodder
4 x Wildsize
2 x Exquisite Firecraft
1 x Akoum Firebird
2 x Grove Rumbler

10 x Mountain
6 x Forest
2 x Rootbound Crag
2 x Cinder Glade
4 x Gruul Guildgate

Stonewaker was a good out to flood and can generate a lot of pressure by itself. With such a low curve, it seems like it could be powerful mid/late game.

I'd have to spin your list but I will suggest some changes for the mana. First off, cut the gates and pick up Evolving Wilds. In a landfall deck, Evolving Wilds is two triggers. I'd also adjust your red count and take some Looming Spires. Again trigger with bonus.

I don't know why but I'm not digging Dragon Fodder here (again haven't played it yet). Would Subterranean Scout have a spot here? I'd also like to see one copy of Retreat to Valakut find it's way in there.

elk

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:01 am 

elk wrote:
WeCoexist wrote:
R/G Landfall aggro

3 x Goblin Glory Chaser
3 x Scythe Leopard
2 x Fiery Impulse
4 x Titan's Strength
2 x Abbot of Keral Keep
2 x Akoum Stonewaker
4 x Makindi Sliderunner
4 x Snapping Gnarlid
3 x Dragon Fodder
4 x Wildsize
2 x Exquisite Firecraft
1 x Akoum Firebird
2 x Grove Rumbler

10 x Mountain
6 x Forest
2 x Rootbound Crag
2 x Cinder Glade
4 x Gruul Guildgate

Stonewaker was a good out to flood and can generate a lot of pressure by itself. With such a low curve, it seems like it could be powerful mid/late game.

I'd have to spin your list but I will suggest some changes for the mana. First off, cut the gates and pick up Evolving Wilds. In a landfall deck, Evolving Wilds is two triggers. I'd also adjust your red count and take some Looming Spires. Again trigger with bonus.

I don't know why but I'm not digging Dragon Fodder here (again haven't played it yet). Would Subterranean Scout have a spot here? I'd also like to see one copy of Retreat to Valakut find it's way in there.

elk

Really like the suggestions elk! I played a few more games and got to see the stonewaker really shine. What exactly would you cut to fit the looming spires? The dragon fodder is a really flexible slot in this list, I wasn't really sure what I wanted but dragon fodder is always pretty good value and gives you the option to go wide when you want it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:06 am 

WeCoexist wrote:
What exactly would you cut to fit the looming spires?

Adjust your Mountain count for Looming Spires.

elk

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:41 am 

So I made the change for evolving wilds..... this deck does good things :D

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:05 am 

WeCoexist wrote:
chile125 wrote:

I forgot about desolation twin acutally..... I think this should fix the problem :D
3 x Jaddi Offshoot
4 x Fiery Impulse
4 x Gatecreeper Vine
1 x Rolling Thunder
1 x Nissa, Vastwood Seer
3 x Titan's Presence
2 x Radiant Flames
4 x Nissa's Pilgrimage
2 x Blight Herder
2 x Chandra's Ignition
1 x Oblivion Sower
2 x Nissa's Renewal
2 x Ruin Processor
2 x Nissa's Revelation
2 x Desolation Twin

7 x Mountain
9 x Forest
2 x Cinder Glade
2 x Rootbound Crag
2 x Fertile Thicket
2 x Gruul Guildgate

I would suggest Omnath, Locus of Rage.
Also I think you don't have enough enablers for all thsoe processors. :/
I def think this can be a really strong deck though if refined.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:23 am 

Nevius wrote:
WeCoexist wrote:
chile125 wrote:

3 x Jaddi Offshoot
4 x Fiery Impulse
4 x Gatecreeper Vine
1 x Rolling Thunder
1 x Nissa, Vastwood Seer
3 x Titan's Presence
2 x Radiant Flames
4 x Nissa's Pilgrimage
2 x Blight Herder
2 x Chandra's Ignition
1 x Oblivion Sower
2 x Nissa's Renewal
2 x Ruin Processor
2 x Nissa's Revelation
2 x Desolation Twin

7 x Mountain
9 x Forest
2 x Cinder Glade
2 x Rootbound Crag
2 x Fertile Thicket
2 x Gruul Guildgate

Ya i cut back on some of the processors and I'm currently looking at Omnath in place of 1 Ruin processor which brings the list down to 3 processors total.

I'm focusing on refining the aggro landfall list now because I think it's really good and fun to play.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:31 am 

WeCoexist - I ran the list and ended up dumping the Fodder for another Fiery Impulse and Retreat to Valakut (which was great). I also ran the complete set of Looming Spires and they were great here too. I always build and love lists like this with lots of trample and pump. Nice one.

elk

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:58 am 

elk wrote:
WeCoexist - I ran the list and ended up dumping the Fodder for another Fiery Impulse and Retreat to Valakut (which was great). I also ran the complete set of Looming Spires and they were great here too. I always build and love lists like this with lots of trample and pump. Nice one.

elk

Thanks elk! :cloud9:

I've been doing really well with my current list (replaced the gates with evolving wilds), but I'm definitely gonna try out your changes the next time i play. The ability to go wide with the Fodder has been working pretty well for me though.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:49 am 

nice list wecoexist. very similar to the list I'm running. its actually the first deck I made with the bfz hit. my only suggestion is get some mage-ring bully in there. I think he does work. I actually don't use the stonewakers. I tried him in my first build but noticed that games didn't tend to last long enough for me to require mana sinks. I was usually playing a creature or a spell. the bully worked perfectly. I suppose its a toss up and preference at that point. stonwaker give you the ability to go wide but bullies can get very big aswell. I also use titanic growth over titans strength. I suppose the scry is nice but sometimes I would rather retain a creature than just trade up if your using it as a combat trick and if it just to pump more dmg through l'll take that extra 1 power instead. I too am using a low curve but I did squeeze in 1 nissa's renewal, its a great game closer, thins the deck some more, brings you back from near death and is very fun. just some small suggestions. gruul landfall agro is pretty awesome though.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:30 pm 

U still undefeated coexist ?

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:59 pm 

TheTruStag wrote:
nice list wecoexist. very similar to the list I'm running. its actually the first deck I made with the bfz hit. my only suggestion is get some mage-ring bully in there. I think he does work. I actually don't use the stonewakers. I tried him in my first build but noticed that games didn't tend to last long enough for me to require mana sinks. I was usually playing a creature or a spell. the bully worked perfectly. I suppose its a toss up and preference at that point. stonwaker give you the ability to go wide but bullies can get very big aswell. I also use titanic growth over titans strength. I suppose the scry is nice but sometimes I would rather retain a creature than just trade up if your using it as a combat trick and if it just to pump more dmg through l'll take that extra 1 power instead. I too am using a low curve but I did squeeze in 1 nissa's renewal, its a great game closer, thins the deck some more, brings you back from near death and is very fun. just some small suggestions. gruul landfall agro is pretty awesome though.

thanks stag!

There's a few reasons why i didn't put in the mage ring bullies, first is because i don't really have enough enchantments or consistent pump to keep him going since he has to attack every turn on the ground, and the second reason is just because I have so many consistent 2 drops that have synergy with my game plan. I chose titan's strength because its a cheap combat trick that I can squeeze in on early turns and it also helps my draw step, also if i'm using it to trade my creatures generally live because of the extra landfall triggers as well, but titanic growth sounds pretty cool too

U still undefeated coexist ?

I believe i'm like 25-3 now, sitting at rank 23

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:33 pm 

Preferred Pronoun Set: Normal Male
WeCoexist wrote:
Nevius wrote:
WeCoexist wrote:

Ya i cut back on some of the processors and I'm currently looking at Omnath in place of 1 Ruin processor which brings the list down to 3 processors total.

I'm focusing on refining the aggro landfall list now because I think it's really good and fun to play.

Mind posting the "new" deck list so I can test it out for ya?^_^

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:55 pm 

I dont see how he manages to feed 2 Blight Herder and a Ruin Processor off 3 conditional exile removal and a singleton sower. I'm tempted to call BS.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:30 pm 

WeCoexist wrote:
Nevius wrote:

Mind posting the "new" deck list so I can test it out for ya?^_^

I haven't touched that deck since I made it lol, the deck I'm talking about currently is the R/G landfall aggro deck
I dont see how he manages to feed 2 Blight Herder and a Ruin Processor off 3 conditional exile removal and a singleton sower. I'm tempted to call BS.

I'm not playing that deck anymore, I played a few games testing with Binderato and I just scrapped it after that. Not really sure what you're calling BS at, but if you thought I was referring to that list when i mentioned my stats, that would be a no.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:50 am 

Maybe a lot has changed in a couple of days, but this landfall deck isn't happening for me... at all. Can't see 25-3 win ratio or anything near it. It has just been sucking for me sadly.

Any further discussion on this?

To reiterate, it's just... a whole lot of slow nothing. It's trying to accomplish what classic Origins RDW and boros do so well, and it just doesn't really work.

Especially now with all the other new BFZ cards, more board wipes, more tricks. I don't see early game aggro gruul landfall working at all.

I get a snapping gnarlid out on turn 2.. maybe turn 3 I draw a scythe leopard.. I hit for 4 or 5 with gnarlid and a pump, my opponent is settling their board and gaining advantage, kills my weenies.. I draw fiery impulse... maybe a goblin glory chaser... oh look now the board has wiped, or I'm facing a few fat creatures, or an enchant I can't overcome etc.

It has not been explosive at all for me. Gonna stick to classic RDW / boros, love my mage ring and call of the full moon

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:42 am 

Yeah, I don’t think landfall is a tier one mechanic. It's super slow

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 519 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 26  Next