It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 785 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 40  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:05 pm 

Spider elves feel creepier. If I was to do vedalken, they'd probably take reptilian qualities.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:55 pm 

Identity: Male
Spiders are creepier in general. I just thought they were a good match for vedalken. Possibly it's just the extra arms thing, but they have the right level of patience and cunning too.
Leonin should turn into dog people, Ainok into cats.

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:22 am 

Honestly, I'm not all that on board with going too far off basic humanoid models.
Keeping things tight and focused is probably a better idea, but it might help to approach it from the other side, figure out what a red vampire would want to be. That was sort of how the process worked for the others.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:24 pm 

Honestly, I think somewhere along the line my thinking dropped "vampire" for "xenomorph".

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:14 am 

Identity: Wannabe Cyborg
Preferred Pronoun Set: He/His/Him
I had this idea while having my beard done and it could fit in a lot of worlds as a background thing:

A forest that moved in a particular direction, at about the speed of a growing forest (a couple of meters a year, tops). One side of the forest regularly dies off, while the other sides grows a little, giving the illusion of movement. This would probably be magic in nature, so it can't be stopped by over-eager foresters or maybe the forest is protected by Elves. This would play out most interestingly if the (mostly unstoppable) forest meets with Civilization, where it doesn't care about all the buildings that are in its way.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:26 am 

Barinellos wrote:
Honestly, I'm not all that on board with going too far off basic humanoid models.
Keeping things tight and focused is probably a better idea, but it might help to approach it from the other side, figure out what a red vampire would want to be. That was sort of how the process worked for the others.

Apparently, vampire moths are a thing. Who knew?

Not sure if that's a fit for red, but it seems like it could be visually fun. Not too dissimilar from bats, but with a different sort of feel to it -- a little more delicate and fine-lined, to be sure, but I'm imagining big, scary eyespots on those wings...

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:37 pm 

Identity: Human
I have a semi-serious offering this time. We need a snakefolk 'walker. We don't have one (to my knowledge) and it would be good if we did.

I think it would be interesting if said snakefolk was an oldwalker who went out looking for new environments for people, offering to relocate them and actually taking singular natives or small families across the aether to live out their lives on their ideal lands.

in other words

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:31 pm 

I have a semi-serious offering this time. We need a snakefolk 'walker. We don't have one (to my knowledge) and it would be good if we did.

I think it would be interesting if said snakefolk was an oldwalker who went out looking for new environments for people, offering to relocate them and actually taking singular natives or small families across the aether to live out their lives on their ideal lands.

in other words

hehe.

Although, joking aside, we actually do have a snakefolk 'walker!

Cyrric Adda. He was in some story that somebody or another wrote...

:D

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:44 pm 

Identity: Human

in other words

hehe.

Although, joking aside, we actually do have a snakefolk 'walker!

Cyrric Adda. He was in some story that somebody or another wrote...

:D

Well, I did say "to my knowledge" since I'm woefully behind current events in the M:EM. But I cannot take credit for the joke. I heard it from John Oliver and the thought immediately popped into my head for a real estate 'walker.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:09 am 

That sort of relocation sounds like something Fisco would do, though of course you'd have to pay him a truly ridiculous sum to do it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:45 pm 

Between the Jersey Devil, snellygaster, Dwayyo, reptilians/chupacabra, and the ubiquitous Big Foot, I think North American myth, legend and folkore is ripe for a magic plane.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:16 pm 

Between the Jersey Devil, snellygaster, Dwayyo, reptilians/chupacabra, and the ubiquitous Big Foot, I think North American myth, legend and folkore is ripe for a magic plane.

See also: Jakkard

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:53 pm 

Identity: Chaoslight
Preferred Pronoun Set: She
I had an idea while driving to work this morning. A plane where the moon provides heat and the sun is cold but still bright. So you can get like crazy backwards versions of traditional card types. You know, like green shaman vampires :p

People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:46 pm 

LilyStorm wrote:
I had an idea while driving to work this morning. A plane where the moon provides heat and the sun is cold but still bright. So you can get like crazy backwards versions of traditional card types. You know, like green shaman vampires :p

People could wear hats on their feet, and hamburgers would eat people. But what would we call such a place?

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:17 pm 

Lamron Yltcefrep.

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:21 pm 

LilyStorm wrote:

People could wear hats on their feet, and hamburgers would eat people. But what would we call such a place?

You describe the grand and mysterious land of Rand McNally.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:22 pm 

A non-human planeswalker who has dedicated their existence to the eradication of humans, on the grounds that they are evil and vile and generally responsible for a disproportionate amount of the problems in the Multiverse.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:16 am 

Could be a pretty decent Green (or Green plus another color) villain, actually. I wouldn't make them too powerful, because "shows up on plane, casts Planar Cleansing, goes away," would get boring quickly. Maybe focus more on scheming, or organizational power. Or add in a strong caring for non-humans so that indiscriminate genocide isn't the default option. Oh and can it be the sort of villain that acts all smart and superior but resorts to aggressive violence really easily? I think that could work well for a character like this.

(And for some reason I'm envisioning them as a Rhox. I don't know why.)

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:16 pm 

Yxoque wrote:
Could be a pretty decent Green (or Green plus another color) villain, actually. I wouldn't make them too powerful, because "shows up on plane, casts Planar Cleansing, goes away," would get boring quickly. Maybe focus more on scheming, or organizational power. Or add in a strong caring for non-humans so that indiscriminate genocide isn't the default option. Oh and can it be the sort of villain that acts all smart and superior but resorts to aggressive violence really easily? I think that could work well for a character like this.

(And for some reason I'm envisioning them as a Rhox. I don't know why.)

You know, it's funny, but I've been thinking of a Rhox 'walker lately. The idea came to me when I was trying to think of interesting 'walkers to interact with Tryst, and I thought of a white-aligned Rhox who called himself the Zealot, a religious fanatic who tries to push his particular (and likely odd and extreme) religious views on the Multiverse. I honestly didn't connect him with my prompt here, but I think the two work really well together, and as a Rhox, we could definitely go with him and still hit the notes I'm thinking of.

Well, what do you say, Yxoque? Would you like to collab a character creation with me?

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:27 pm 

Sure. I need to get more practice in both writing and getting started on things :-)

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 785 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 40  Next