It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:12 am 
Offline
YMtC Champ '11
YMtC Pro Tour Champion
YMtC Idol Winner
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 9114
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/my/mine/himself
"Your lack of trust is fine with me; I never intended to provide any in return. I only presume that you find no reason to attack me. As said, my name is Rodel. It is a delight to make your acquaintance."
"Well then, which tunnel are we taking?"

_________________
In the custody of febb since 12.05.16
[Warchief] Custom EDH Project

you're like the kind of person who would cast Necropotence irl


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:13 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 11310
Location: Asleep at the wheel
Preferred Pronoun Set: SE / squinty / squints
Everyone

The end of the afternoon is approaching as you talk in the cave, and what little light that you can see fromt he entrance is beginning to glow a soft orange as the sun begins to set.


~SE++

_________________
[D&D 5E] Princes of the Apocalypse | Set-up | In Character | Out of Character | Map: Lance Rock

[Johnny's Quest] October 12 - 18: Cloudstone Curio


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:09 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Oct 03, 2015
Posts: 9
Albis casts Light on his mace, white light glows from it and it becomes relatively easy to see within 40 feet of him. He lets the others know they can put away their torches if they would like. Albis then motions to Iados that he is ready to follow his lead. "Ready when you are, paladin."


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:10 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 30, 2013
Posts: 7305
Location: England
Iados frown intensifies as Albis' spell fills the area with radiant light. He may have been a paladin, sworn to protect the good and innocent regardless of birth or lifestyle but that didn't mean he had to actually like people - and on that long list aasimar clerics were probably somewhere near the bottom. Squinting at the glowing mace he simply shakes his head and turns back to the relative calm of the dark tunnel. "Just stay a little behind me. I may be able to detect our foes in the dark before they are drawn to your glow." With that he stalks off down the tunnel.

Actions

_________________
Welcome! I'm Garren and I'll be your designated villain for the evening.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:11 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 11, 2015
Posts: 197
Identity: Meowvelous
Preferred Pronoun Set: He/she/they/red fish/super kami guru
Luka squinted as the new source of light flared into existence. "Oh man that's bright. I know that's the point, but still." she listened quietly as Iados spoke. "I mean, the amount of distance between us required before our torches stop being a giant beacon is probably tactically inadvisable, although I have hear tales of a holy warrior who could drop a bugbear in 12 seconds, so maybe you'll be fine, who knows?" she called after him as she followed him down the tunnel.

actions

_________________
D&D Charries
Princess of the Apocalypse: Luka


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:09 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Oct 03, 2015
Posts: 9
Albis follows the Paladin down the tunnel, positioned about halfway between him and the Bard.

Roll for perception:
Silverminnow rolled 1d20 and got a total of 6:
6


+3 = a whopping 9

OOC: Sorry for the sloppy roll, still figuring stuff out here.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:51 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 30, 2013
Posts: 8960
Location: Brazil
Kitar makes no mention to extinguish his torch and silently follows the group down the tunnel.

_________________
Yes, I'm from Brazil and no, I'm not an annoying ****.

RPG characters


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:50 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 11310
Location: Asleep at the wheel
Preferred Pronoun Set: SE / squinty / squints
I think you guys had said you were heading to the right of the map into the small room there, so that's where I'm sending you.

Everyone

The six of you head down the tunnel and end up standing in a small, dimly lit room. (AM-3, AN-3, AM-4, AN-4) Motionless humanoid figures dressed in dirty clothes or scraps of armor are propped against the walls of this cave. Some are little more than skeletons with wisps of hair and skin stretched tightly over their bones. Others are fresher. A few old shortswords lie on the dusty floor.


~SE++

_________________
[D&D 5E] Princes of the Apocalypse | Set-up | In Character | Out of Character | Map: Lance Rock

[Johnny's Quest] October 12 - 18: Cloudstone Curio


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:46 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 11, 2015
Posts: 197
Identity: Meowvelous
Preferred Pronoun Set: He/she/they/red fish/super kami guru
"See, I told you it was the right way. We found a brand new trap. Who wants to take home this fabulous prize? Anybody? It comes with your very own set of zombies." Luka grinned, walking up to Iados and clapping him on the back jovially.

_________________
D&D Charries
Princess of the Apocalypse: Luka


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:07 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 30, 2013
Posts: 7305
Location: England
Iados motions for quiet from the others, peeking around the corner into the room. The bodies, zombies or not, were at the moment at least remaining still and he had little intention of disturbing them. "Doesn't look like we can progress further this way. We should probably head back to the other tunnel." He performs a final sweep of the room from his position at the door in the hope of spotting something to convince him it was worth the risk of entering.

Actions

_________________
Welcome! I'm Garren and I'll be your designated villain for the evening.


Last edited by Garren_Windspear on Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:12 pm 
Offline
YMtC Champ '11
YMtC Pro Tour Champion
YMtC Idol Winner
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 9114
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/my/mine/himself
"I held the notion that you were here to eradicate undead. If this is the extent of your conviction, then I have my doubts."
actions

_________________
In the custody of febb since 12.05.16
[Warchief] Custom EDH Project

you're like the kind of person who would cast Necropotence irl


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:09 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 30, 2013
Posts: 8960
Location: Brazil
Kitar bows a little so he can whisper to Rodel. "He's not very good at his job."

_________________
Yes, I'm from Brazil and no, I'm not an annoying ****.

RPG characters


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:05 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 30, 2013
Posts: 7305
Location: England
Iados does not take his eyes of the undead, expecting them at any moment to spring to life and assault them. He does however answer Rodel. "It isn't a question of conviction, nor is it one of power, or will, or devotion to a cause. It is a simple question of priority. No man, no matter his strength, can defeat all evil in this word. It is simply too great a task. Evil pollutes the lands and twists the minds and hearts of men - there are none who can not fall from the light. To attempt to fight all of this is madness and the path to your own ruination. You do not fight all evil because you can't. What you can do is route out the source of that evil, slay it, and purge it foul influence from this world that it may not corrupt another soul."

He pauses for a moment, finally turning to face the man. "If there are undead here then there will be a master who has raised and commands them. We save our strength, we find him first and then we deliver the retribution he has earned. Then we will return and deal with his minions."

_________________
Welcome! I'm Garren and I'll be your designated villain for the evening.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:39 pm 
Offline
YMtC Champ '11
YMtC Pro Tour Champion
YMtC Idol Winner
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 9114
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/my/mine/himself
Rodel nods in an affirmatory manner towards Kitar, as a gesture of appreciation for the information. "Would you like me to request of them to lie still until we return?"

_________________
In the custody of febb since 12.05.16
[Warchief] Custom EDH Project

you're like the kind of person who would cast Necropotence irl


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:18 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Oct 03, 2015
Posts: 9
Albis nearly falls asleep in the middle of the Paladin's speech. He's heard all this before, many times. Paladins, he thinks to himself. Good in a fight but Gods do not get them talking!

Albis notices Rodel and the Bird fella huddled a bit further back. He clanks over to them, bends his ear in and whispers "What are we whispering about?" with a smile to both of them.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:58 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 11310
Location: Asleep at the wheel
Preferred Pronoun Set: SE / squinty / squints
Iados


Rodel


~SE++

_________________
[D&D 5E] Princes of the Apocalypse | Set-up | In Character | Out of Character | Map: Lance Rock

[Johnny's Quest] October 12 - 18: Cloudstone Curio


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:02 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 30, 2013
Posts: 8960
Location: Brazil
Kitar gets straight again before answering Albis. "I was just telling Rodel how rude it is to eavesdrop someone you're trying to be acquainted with." The aarakocra retorted the cleric's smile with a smug smirk.

_________________
Yes, I'm from Brazil and no, I'm not an annoying ****.

RPG characters


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:58 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 11, 2015
Posts: 197
Identity: Meowvelous
Preferred Pronoun Set: He/she/they/red fish/super kami guru
Luka turned to Rodel, "Actually, I believe you were the one who mentioned undead, we simply said that we were here to punch something evil in its dumb evil face." She paused, listening to Iados's speech. "And, as our good friend here mentioned, this seems like a dead end, or perhaps an undead end, and even if these things are zombies we have bigger fish to fry." She grinned, flicking the tip of her rapier "Or skewer, as the case may be."

_________________
D&D Charries
Princess of the Apocalypse: Luka


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:46 pm 
Offline
YMtC Champ '11
YMtC Pro Tour Champion
YMtC Idol Winner
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 9114
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/my/mine/himself
"Well, you did not see fit to correct me on the premise I am currently here for. If these abominations of nature are not the dread forces which occupy this place, then what brings you here? I find the desecration and torture of departed souls difficult to ignore, and they could very well return the sentiment at an inopportune moment, more so if you believe they are being controlled."

_________________
In the custody of febb since 12.05.16
[Warchief] Custom EDH Project

you're like the kind of person who would cast Necropotence irl


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:57 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 11310
Location: Asleep at the wheel
Preferred Pronoun Set: SE / squinty / squints
Everyone

You begin to hear music coming from somewhere in the caverns. Clearly not from this room.


~SE++

_________________
[D&D 5E] Princes of the Apocalypse | Set-up | In Character | Out of Character | Map: Lance Rock

[Johnny's Quest] October 12 - 18: Cloudstone Curio


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group