It is currently Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:56 pm 

Grave Strike
:b:
Instant [U]
As an additional cost to cast Grave Strike, Exile a creature card from your graveyard.
Target creature gets -X/-Y until end of turn, where X is equal to the exiled card's power and Y is equal to its toughness

Maw of the Grave
Instant [U]
Destroy target creature that regenerated this turn. It can't be regenerated

Bile Blast
Sorcery [C]
Choose one - Put a -1/-1 counter on target creature; or put a -1/-1 counter on target creature for each counter on that creature.

Negate Existence
:2::b::b:
Sorcery [U]
Target creature's toughness becomes 0 until end of turn.

Spiteful Edict
:b::b:
Sorcery [R]
Target opponent chooses a creature he or she controls. You may pay :b:. If you do, repeat this process except that opponent can't choose a card already chosen for Spiteful Edict. Destroy the last chosen creature.

I have a blog. I review anime, and sometimes related media, with an analytical focus.

I'm a (self) published author now! You can find my first book, The Accursed, on Amazon as an ebook or a paperback!

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:57 pm 

Identity: Male
Grave Strike - Love it! Simple, intuitive, flavourful. I wonder if it should cost :1B: (it's not hard removal, but it can hit anything) but I'm not sure.

Maw of the Grave - Neat effect, but it seems too narrow to get its own card. Maybe in a super regen-heavy set.

Bile blast - Anti +1/+1 counter tech. Neat. I might just make it one effect for simplicity. Say, "Remove all +1/+1 counters from target creature, then put a-1/-1 counter on that creature". Not exactly the same effect, but it seems like a reasonable power boost.

Negate Existence - Wow. HARD removal. Seems balanced though, and if black can get exile, then I don't see why it can't get this.

Spiteful Edict - If it's an "edict" do you want to replace destroy with a sac effect? Also, this seems really really weak to me. If they have one creature it's a typical edict. With multiple creatures it costs more and more to turn this from an edict into a doomblade that bypasses hexproof. The black requirement is intense and it's also sorcery speed. It does make for a neat little game though, seeing what creature you end up getting. Maybe replace the extra cost with a life payment or Phyrexian mana?

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:03 pm 

Grave Strike should say +X/-Y. I really think it should.

Negate Existence could probably cost :1::b::b:?

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:35 pm 

Grave Strike should say +X/-Y. I really think it should.

Negate Existence could probably cost :1::b::b:?

The same price as Murder when it dodges indestructible and regen? I suppose Murder isn't exactly the hottest tip, and Negate *is* a sorcery that's foiled by Armadillo Cloak...

I have a blog. I review anime, and sometimes related media, with an analytical focus.

I'm a (self) published author now! You can find my first book, The Accursed, on Amazon as an ebook or a paperback!

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:03 pm 
Desperately Wants A Custom Title

Identity: Man
I really like spiteful edict. I think it should be a colorless additionaly payment.

My Cube | My Designs | My Art
Silver Soraka Main

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:05 pm 

Preferred Pronoun Set: SE / squinty / squints
Nah, it's a throwback to Forgotten Lore and Shrouded Lore.

~SE++

[Johnny's Quest] October 12 - 18: Cloudstone Curio

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:16 pm 

Yeah, I was thinking about how to foil hexproof/shroud without doing it directly, and came up with the rules tech of those two. actually copy-pasted some functional text.

Like this post