It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:43 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 28, 2015
Posts: 4842
Identity: Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: uhhhhh
Nothing yet?


Starts in 15 minutes.

_________________
KLD Season King of the Hill Winner.
EMN Season King of the Hill Winner.

The one true King of NGA Magic Duels on Xbox One.

You want some? Come get some. You don't like me? Bite me.

Day 1,000 of the never-ending Vert monarchy.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=16077

Magic's a simple game, 2 people take turns playing cards and in the end Divinevert wins 2-0...


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:56 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 28, 2015
Posts: 4842
Identity: Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: uhhhhh
I'll go ahead and go live now.

https://www.twitch.tv/divinevert

_________________
KLD Season King of the Hill Winner.
EMN Season King of the Hill Winner.

The one true King of NGA Magic Duels on Xbox One.

You want some? Come get some. You don't like me? Bite me.

Day 1,000 of the never-ending Vert monarchy.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=16077

Magic's a simple game, 2 people take turns playing cards and in the end Divinevert wins 2-0...


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:39 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 28, 2015
Posts: 4842
Identity: Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: uhhhhh


Spoiler

_________________
KLD Season King of the Hill Winner.
EMN Season King of the Hill Winner.

The one true King of NGA Magic Duels on Xbox One.

You want some? Come get some. You don't like me? Bite me.

Day 1,000 of the never-ending Vert monarchy.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=16077

Magic's a simple game, 2 people take turns playing cards and in the end Divinevert wins 2-0...


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:56 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 06, 2014
Posts: 6037
Identity: ItsreallyDJ0045
Preferred Pronoun Set: I'm male, lol!
Missed the stream, but saw the video. Tough matchup. You should stream more, imo.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:20 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 05, 2014
Posts: 1892
DJ, don’t drop the ball on me. I’m playing Mono R and won my first round with a 2-0 Vs some WG Aura deck played by Mordor667. Im playing Mono R now because I did not want to repeat my mistakes from prior NGA tournaments by playing poorly tuned Ramp or Control decks. Mono R was the best I could do with my resources at the time. My deck looks the way it does because of wildcard issues. I’ve unlocked everything now however.

I’m most like not going to record unless I feel like it could be a very interesting match and I cannot stream because of my low budget PC. I will def record if I make top 8.

Heard one of our very best players got destroyed today on live stream. I won’t mention whom but I’m sure you can figure it out. It sucks because to make top 8, 7 players would need a 8-1 record with the 1st seed at 9-0. I feel like I can get close, like maybe 6-3 or 7-2 with my list.


Last edited by InFaMoUsGeMiNi on Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:27 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 13, 2014
Posts: 2170
Location: SquiderDragon#28149
Tough! Thought the hand destruction might buy you some time. But as you say if the sweeper stays home not much you can do. SD

_________________
"Don't Compromise Yourself For Anyone!"

quo plus habent,
eo plus cupiunt.



Check Out my You Tube Channel - Cube Draft and Random versus for AER. NGA iOS KOH matches. iOS Trials of the Elder Dragon tournament videos. MtG Arena Undercity Coliseum Tournament videos.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC29hO5 ... 71kNpJmjKg


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:17 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 24, 2017
Posts: 1220
Location: Cucho Lambreta#13992
Here´s my match

No commentary I got to nervous :P

_________________
:planeswalker:


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:52 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 13, 2014
Posts: 2170
Location: SquiderDragon#28149
Nice match. You have to overcome those aggro starts. It was nice sitting in game 2 with Banefire as the finisher as the Teferi tick up with counter magic can get close to taking over so a nice earlier ping for damage to peg him back. Go NGA! Go Cucho! Nice job. SD

_________________
"Don't Compromise Yourself For Anyone!"

quo plus habent,
eo plus cupiunt.



Check Out my You Tube Channel - Cube Draft and Random versus for AER. NGA iOS KOH matches. iOS Trials of the Elder Dragon tournament videos. MtG Arena Undercity Coliseum Tournament videos.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC29hO5 ... 71kNpJmjKg


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:38 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 06, 2014
Posts: 6037
Identity: ItsreallyDJ0045
Preferred Pronoun Set: I'm male, lol!
DJ, don’t drop the ball on me. I’m playing Mono R and won my first round with a 2-0 Vs some WG Aura deck played by Mordor667. Im playing Mono R now because I did not want to repeat my mistakes from prior NGA tournaments by playing poorly tuned Ramp or Control decks. Mono R was the best I could do with my resources at the time. My deck looks the way it does because of wildcard issues. I’ve unlocked everything now however.

I’m most like not going to record unless I feel like it could be a very interesting match and I cannot stream because of my low budget PC. I will def record if I make top 8.

Heard one of our very best players got destroyed today on live stream. I won’t mention whom but I’m sure you can figure it out. It sucks because to make top 8, 7 players would need a 8-1 record with the 1st seed at 9-0. I feel like I can get close, like maybe 6-3 or 7-2 with my list.


I have to admit, I hadn’t looked at your deck yet, but excellent choice, imo. The deck looks really sensible to me. You should do very well. The only decks that might be slightly favored against you are GB, GW, and possibly mono-W (depending on the build). All of the slow control decks should fold.

Good luck, I’m definitely pulling for that deck. (:


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:41 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 24, 2017
Posts: 1220
Location: Cucho Lambreta#13992
Thanks, SD best of luck Sunday!

_________________
:planeswalker:


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:53 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: May 03, 2016
Posts: 104
Guys, its not Duels tournament anymore, we already know whats best decks are(not mono red)


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:53 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 24, 2017
Posts: 1220
Location: Cucho Lambreta#13992
DJ0045 wrote:
DJ, don’t drop the ball on me. I’m playing Mono R and won my first round with a 2-0 Vs some WG Aura deck played by Mordor667. Im playing Mono R now because I did not want to repeat my mistakes from prior NGA tournaments by playing poorly tuned Ramp or Control decks. Mono R was the best I could do with my resources at the time. My deck looks the way it does because of wildcard issues. I’ve unlocked everything now however.

I’m most like not going to record unless I feel like it could be a very interesting match and I cannot stream because of my low budget PC. I will def record if I make top 8.

Heard one of our very best players got destroyed today on live stream. I won’t mention whom but I’m sure you can figure it out. It sucks because to make top 8, 7 players would need a 8-1 record with the 1st seed at 9-0. I feel like I can get close, like maybe 6-3 or 7-2 with my list.


I have to admit, I hadn’t looked at your deck yet, but excellent choice, imo. The deck looks really sensible to me. You should do very well. The only decks that might be slightly favored against you are GB, GW, and possibly mono-W (depending on the build). All of the slow control decks should fold.

Good luck, I’m definitely pulling for that deck. (:


Gem´s got in his pocket the control matchup for sure. The Golgari piles are big part of the meta so if he manages to dodge that matchup he got good chances, looking at the meta I do think RDW was a good choice, It has game Vs the White aggro builds and Chainwhirler just destroys that deck.

Vs Boros not quite coz Tocatli and lifegain.
here is a big picture meta-analysis

Image

_________________
:planeswalker:


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:58 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: May 03, 2016
Posts: 104
spreadsheet from Youtube with color meta analysis
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:05 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 06, 2014
Posts: 6037
Identity: ItsreallyDJ0045
Preferred Pronoun Set: I'm male, lol!
Good job Cucho. I can’t believe your opponent’s mistake at 9:08. That was an insane play. I was watching and thinking omg he just lost the game, right there. Sure enough, I was right. You played well. :)


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:14 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 06, 2014
Posts: 6037
Identity: ItsreallyDJ0045
Preferred Pronoun Set: I'm male, lol!
tmp_tmp wrote:
Guys, its not Duels tournament anymore, we already know whats best decks are(not mono red)


I’m not actually sure what the best decks are though. What do you think they are (agreed, it’s probably not red)?


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:24 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: May 03, 2016
Posts: 104
DJ0045 wrote:

I’m not actually sure what the best decks are though. What do you think they are (agreed, it’s probably not red)?

Jeskai control/golgari midrange > izzet phoenix/selesnya/w(wr)aggro > mono red/dimir-grix Campaign/mono blue?
Although power level diff between decks not that huge(not RB, Temur era anymore), so any of this decks can do well.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:26 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 07, 2016
Posts: 120
Preferred Pronoun Set: The Dude
DJ0045 wrote:
tmp_tmp wrote:
Guys, its not Duels tournament anymore, we already know whats best decks are(not mono red)


I’m not actually sure what the best decks are though. What do you think they are (agreed, it’s probably not red)?

It's not mono R. It's Golgari, Jeskai and Izzet drakes, closely followed by white based aggro, and only then mono R + blue tempo (this is when you look at professional play data over the past 2 months).


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:27 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 09, 2013
Posts: 1624
Location: Wroclaw, Poland
Abzan control > everything except red aggro :P
Just didn't have time to refine it before the tournament, but all the meta decks are a joke, 4 tyrants are a pain for control, drakes die to all the removal, golgari is swept easily by soot, for explosive reinforcements wreckage is good? Etc.. I also love the karn+maps package for draw and synergy


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:32 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 06, 2014
Posts: 6037
Identity: ItsreallyDJ0045
Preferred Pronoun Set: I'm male, lol!
Hmmm... well I’m on board with GB being tops, that seems obvious to me.

Also, lends some credence to the Abzan control idea, GB+. What is the white adding?

Also, note: viewtopic.php?p=626081#p626081
(Top line)


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:50 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 24, 2017
Posts: 1220
Location: Cucho Lambreta#13992
I like the Abzan deck... but I think its not favored against:
- Jeskai control with counters sure you got Tyrants... but that's about it. Drakes can trade
- Dimir fake news can kill your hand before you can deploy any board an grind you with card advantage
- Golgari Midrange can grind your ass down and has Sweeper protection with Reaper
- Drakes post SB with Niv, Mystic, Fight with fire and Banefire to go face.
- RDW with a resolved Frenzy
- Pro tour white aggro is way to fast for your defenses

I think you got fair chances but I would not say by any means that you are favorite in those matchups.

_________________
:planeswalker:


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group