It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9489 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 454, 455, 456, 457, 458, 459, 460 ... 475  Next
 Post subject: Re: Off Topic Thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:19 am 

And then womens will claim for their right to choose over her bodies and social workers will happily pop that fairy tale bubble about all babies are culturally wanted.

And viola we could have and actual discussion.

* On just a logical analysis, if all babies were culturally wanted there would not be any form of birth control.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:33 am 

In my opinion, most who are pro-life should A) support greater access to contraception and other preventatives (i.e. trying to improve sex ed in schools) so that less unwanted pregnancies occur and should B) support social programs that make it easier for disadvantaged women to go through with unwanted pregnancies and/or for social services to take care of the babies afterwards.

Essentially, they should support making the discussion as much of a moot point as possible by reducing the amount of abortions people would want/need to get in the first place.

Maybe it’s just the people I’ve talked to; but the response to the above is often some **** about abstinence and not letting single mothers mooch off the government. Raggle fraggle. Lot of “People” don’t wanna compromise on things like “personal responsibility “ to reduce the frequency of what they claim is murdering babies smh. This makes me personally severely dislike the movement even though I am otherwise very predisposed to support their position :(.

Edit:Better social services doesn’t even necessarily mean more funding. It could mean something as simple as making it easier for singles and gay people to adopt kids, assuming they can support them.

“As the light gains purchase, spirits are lifted and purpose is made clear.”

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:46 am 

Identity: ItsreallyDJ0045
Preferred Pronoun Set: I'm male, lol!
“By genetic disorders you mean that children with down syndrome could be aborted?” - Cucho

No, I was listing things other than an abortion that would lead to the death of the baby in advance of birth, not things that justify abortions. I think you missed my point by a mile with that question.

The list of things that might justify an abortion is larger.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:48 am 

Oh. I forgot to mention the single biggest thing that pisses me off it’s not a completely moot point by now. .... Rapists shouldn’t have a right to custody and/or child support.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:58 am 

There is plenty of stupidity on the conservative side of this discussion, I completely agree with that notion. But whataboutism won't get you very far in this discussion. The basis for the pro-life movement is detached from the other movement. This is another example of politicization drawing lines in the sand that are not necessarily the lines that should have been drawn.

There are probably many people who feel forced to support the Republican positions on social programs, just so that they can try to stop a practice that they see as murder. We shouldn't assume that they agree with the entire policy. This is why I've attempted to separate the argument out to its core component in this specific case (as I often do in these discussions on NGA).

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:02 am 

Dj none of the above is intentionally arguing for or against you or anyone else. I just wanted to comment on my feelings on the movement while y’all were discussing the topic. The entire thing is honestly such a big mess atm that I’m not comfortable picking a side atm.

Blatantly put, I would probably be pro life if our policies were smarter and it were an issue completely in a vacuum. I was raised that way.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:06 am 

I was trying to clear the point DJ, chromosomic disorders including down syndrome is a causal for abortion in some legislations.

* FWIW I don't agree with that.

Edit: on a side note Barney is probably losing his mind coz no one commented on his movie trivia achievement.
:V

What were the most difficult questions Barno?

Last edited by Cucho Lambreta on Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:13 am 

i'm a big supporter of aborting downy fetuses, especially given the overpopulation problem.

I still respect SOME of the pro-life arguments but it doesn't seem something that can be solved through discussion. People are in the corners are no one is budging.

Timh, i can't watch that clip either. I get sick just thinking about it. I remember having trouble with that scene in The VVitch too

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:22 am 

While I’m bringing up the movement..... Either it’s baby murder or it’s not. And it definitely seems to qualify as pre-meditated. Should women who get abortions be eligible for life imprisonment, death penalty, etc. for committing murder 1? If a pregnancy is terminated early for unclear cause, how should the police investigation be handled? Should we start arresting people for manslaughter if a horrible accident occurs and a tragedy happens? And how should we handle women going to other countries where abortion is legal?

Don’t answer that tbh. Just wanted to point this out as another thing conservatives don’t seem to want to talk about in my personal anecdotal experience. But those questions definitely should be answered imo before implementation of any ban.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:57 am 

Identity: doesnt really matter
Preferred Pronoun Set: to me
@Sixty and Barney - lol, I didn’t really expect people to watch it - video title enough to tell the dark joke I was making. It’s an extremely uncomfortable scene that got the movie banned in several countries. Degenerate stuff, but if you want to push yourself for Halloween month, it’s there

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:16 am 

Answering to TIMH, yes by this definition a women has only a window in which she can abort, its not a big window.

Ahh, I understand your take better now.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:42 am 

So I took this into further examination with Francisca... And she says basically that a women right to choose during the 12-16 weeks should be absolute...
I was 'the **** is absolute' so she slapped my head and she wins.

So we re discuss the Maturana point... She points that that is very nice but in order to legislate you need to put it into a time frame... So I said that the time frame should be basically up to 12-16 weeks but there's no way to proof.

The argument is still valid coz this stops abortions at more developed states on mere women's choice, by the human life definition.

Basically we would need to set a time frame for woman's free choice to abortion... Which lead to the down syndrome issue... Here I was like I'm against that coz this does not respect human life by the proposed definition... So we came up whith a proposal... A women's choice should be blind in regards ending a pregnancy.
If later during the pregnancy the baby develops a condition that makes the baby inviable for life or puts in danger the mothers life then that becomes a public health issue and an abortion should be proposed by a health professional.

But on the mere choice of the women, the pregnancy test should be sufficient for her decision, meaning no gender or chromosomic disorders should take part at that point.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:39 pm 

I think if at any point during the pregnancy of an-identified male fetus the woman discovers the father is Asian, she should be allowed to abort

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:58 pm 

What about Austrian?
I think those could be aborted like up to 18Y old.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:00 pm 

I think Austrians auto-abort if the bone density it too high cuz the rope bridges that connect the tree cities won’t support the weight.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:25 pm 

It’s actually worse than you both think. A young Austrian male is not considered part of the culture until they prove they can climb a tree without any aid. By Cucho’s standard, they can be “aborted” until the age of 8, and that end age is on the assumption that they ever actually make it.

They must get their Baumkletterleistung if they wish to survive.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:36 pm 

You guys are sick. How DARE you joke about such a sensitive topic!

The Austrians are proud of their cultural tree-based traditions

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:38 pm 

I hope Darkstar's ears are burning.

But not his home. That's no joke in Austria.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:43 pm 

Me laughing about making fun of Austrians...

My wife: "You need to get out more."

(She's not wrong you know)

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:55 pm 

It's dangerous out there tho and full of terrors.

I just assembled a new office chair last night for my house. I put a hemorrhoid cushion on it today and now I'm typing away, living the good life.

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9489 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 454, 455, 456, 457, 458, 459, 460 ... 475  Next