It is currently Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 426, 427, 428, 429, 430, 431, 432 ... 457  Next
 Post subject: Re: Off Topic Thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:33 am 

KPax, Tron Legacy, RIPD and Seventh Son are like his only bad movies.

I'm not usually a fan of movies made from young adult books, but I thought The Giver was a good movie too.

Link to the NGA Dead Pool post - https://nogoblinsallowed.com/viewtopic. ... 55#p663155

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:35 am 

Thanks for showing up Poet, Cucho and Barney. Nice of you guys to get here while I'm sipping o n scotc. Gives me someone to **** with while I'm hitten the sauce

Link to the NGA Dead Pool post - https://nogoblinsallowed.com/viewtopic. ... 55#p663155

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:42 am 

Scotch at THIS time?

I was hitting up a cab from Cali last night after a long day of work . I expect tonight will be the same

We love y’a, Sixty

Except when you miss my birthday

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:40 am 

It's like 7pm for me

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:52 am 

cuz of night shift work?

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:35 am 

cuz of night shift work?

I adjust for that....

btw, it's The Glenlivet 12. I'm not a scotch drinker, my friends bought it for my birthday. It's taking me forever, I just pour a shot, throw a small ice cube in and sip for a while. It says on the bottle that's its "Matured in Europeon Oak & American Oak Casks" so I assume that's good. I dont know **** about scotch. I'm a Bourbon or Rye guy when it comes to whiskeys.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:38 am 

Glenlivet 12 is my favourite scotch. It was my dad's scotch and now it's mine. It's a really good value for how good it is.

When I'm in the pubs, I often drink the Glenlivet 15 if it's priced correctly.

I got my buddy in AZ a bottle and he sends me a pic everytime he pours one. I'm glad you are enjoying it slowly. I usually pour about 3 fingers, tons of ice and enjoy it that way. It's lovely.

that's a good friend you got. This ain't no rye. It's a proper drink.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:54 am 

That's awesome that it's your drink that I'm sitting here sippin on. I dont drink scotch so I'd look like a fool if I were to try and rate this.

Definitely needs some water/ice in it to let some of these more subtle flavors come out

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:16 am 

One last thing. That 3rd and 4th period of the lakers/nuggets game was some of the worst officiating I've ever seen. Meh, what do I care? GO LAKERS!!!

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:46 pm 

We love y’a, Sixty

Except when you miss my birthday

Sorry bro. You said that we dont do birthdays in this sub forum and I dont go anywhere else

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:16 pm 

I've adjusted my deadpool odds.

They let one of the midday managers back in the building after only 9 days from returning from Brazil.

The site director turned her away yesterday and said come back next Wednesday. I guess my bosses boss pulled rank cuz she's here right now, sitting at the same computer that I use to do half my overnight work.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:43 pm 

If it makes you feel better it mainly transmits via droplets and aerosol. Fomite transmission is supposedly negligible.

“As the light gains purchase, spirits are lifted and purpose is made clear.”

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:32 pm 

That makes me feel 1000% better

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:26 pm 

Identity: doesnt really matter
Preferred Pronoun Set: to me
Why are you desk sharing? They’re not sanitizing workstations between shifts?

But ya, I’ve also been hearing surface transmission is lower risk than everyone thought early in pandemic. Still your workplace should be taking precautions... covering their ass even if they don’t actually care about yours... don’t you work for Big Company? Pricing out nightly desk sanitation and reforecasting my budget to accommodate that was one of the first things I did planning for re-opening of my workplace

Also, low key, how are you open? LA county still in purple: non-essential offices are supposed to be closed still, with employees working remote

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:56 pm 

Low Key: If you run sports channels, chances are you also run News channels, and news is considered an essential business.

We do have sanitization products available in the office, and trust me, I'm wiping down that station, seat, phone and everything when she leaves. Problem is I'm in a 20' x 30' room with her right now. For 4.5 hours from when I got here and she leaves. I'm trying to stay as far away from her as possible.

We have an entry test to get into work, I'm sure most of you are familiar with it. 5 questions and a temp scan. One of those Qs is, Have you been outside the country in the last 14 days? I dont know how she got past that.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:08 am 

Identity: ItsreallyDJ0045
Preferred Pronoun Set: I'm male, lol!
People in Houston are starting to act like nothing is going on. It’s a bit scary to me. I don’t think it’s safe enough for restaurants to be full right now.

Sixty, I don’t think I could handle your situation. I’d lose it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:15 am 

I left for an hour right when my shift started but theres just to much to do tonight. French Open starts in less than 4 hours. NFL starts in 5. We have UFC and Boxing PPVS on right now.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:14 am 

Identity: doesnt really matter
Preferred Pronoun Set: to me
sixty4half wrote:
Low Key: If you run sports channels, chances are you also run News channels, and news is considered an essential business.

We do have sanitization products available in the office, and trust me, I'm wiping down that station, seat, phone and everything when she leaves. Problem is I'm in a 20' x 30' room with her right now. For 4.5 hours from when I got here and she leaves. I'm trying to stay as far away from her as possible.

We have an entry test to get into work, I'm sure most of you are familiar with it. 5 questions and a temp scan. One of those Qs is, Have you been outside the country in the last 14 days? I dont know how she got past that.

Ha, I was thinking it was funny sports would be considered ‘essential business’, but I didn’t think about news proper and that you might be tied to it. I assume you don’t mean sporting news by that. ;p Hell, I know my CEO thinks we do Essential Business and would open up the office next week if he could argue it convincingly in court. (I don’t dislike him and that’s half joking)

Do you have MERV-13 filters in the HVAC system? Circulated air is proper focus imo. I’m surprised they allow desk sharing without sanitizing between occupants. That’s a legit issue to raise; that station should get disinfected between users. Leverage liability in that complaint.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:07 am 

Low Key, I think its **** and a perversion of the regulations that allow essential businesses to stay open.

However, if they're going to let the LA Rams play a non-essential game here, they'd have to let us work, or else nobody would see it. If nobody sees it, then theres no advertising revenue. If theres no revenue, then theres no reason to play. So, in that sense, we are essential. Essential to ensure everyone makes money off this.

Idk anything about our ventilation system.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:45 am 

DJ0045 wrote:
People in Houston are starting to act like nothing is going on. It’s a bit scary to me. I don’t think it’s safe enough for restaurants to be full right now.

Sixty, I don’t think I could handle your situation. I’d lose it.

I think i remember saying near the beginning of this in March that at some point people will just have had it. They'll feel like enough is enough, they have pandemic fatigue and want their normal lives back and won't care. I mean, I'm a semi-intelligent person and I've gone to a live underground poker game three Saturday nights in a row. No mask, all touching the same cards and chips, no social distance seating, sharing food. It's a REALLY dumb thing to be doing but that's where we are I think.

I'm probably flying to Jersey on Friday just to see my hopefully future g/f. Another insane risk maybe.

But yeah, i think lots of people are acting like nothing is going on. What's important is for government and businesses to NOT act that way. Like i walked to my favourite chicken place yesterday for lunch, it's still closed for indoor dining. That REMINDED me that something is still going on and it's a reminder I need. "oh right, i shouldn't be acting so careless and stupid"

I'm gonna make lots of restaurant reservations in Jersey and I hope they are enforcing social distancing and all that cuz I really don't want to be eating in a full restaurant. I think I'll reserve dinner at like 10pm or something.

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 426, 427, 428, 429, 430, 431, 432 ... 457  Next