It is currently Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 362, 363, 364, 365, 366, 367, 368  Next
 Post subject: Re: Off Topic Thread
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:09 pm 

All Countries Matter

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:00 pm 

All Countries Matter

Except Canada, canada does not matter

Link to the NGA Dead Pool post - https://nogoblinsallowed.com/viewtopic. ... 55#p663155

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:54 pm 

Correct.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:59 pm 

Sixty you didn’t miss anything whatsoever and these are certainly not the droids you’ve been looking for.

—————-———————

Canada matters. They make great maple syrup.

————————————-

While I’m **** in a group, might as well:

—-

“We have decided the sea around our island is safe for swimming.”

*Player immediately catches a great white shark with a fishing net.*

————————————-

@poet,

Good for him. I have an Espeon and Umbreon sitting on my desk at work to help counter program my cubemates’ pikachu (hope I eventually get to at least retrieve them if this lockdown goes on forever).

Edit:

There is a massive 4th of July bash on the back lawn of my apartment building. Some of these people obviously have Covid. Like... people that age normally aren’t visibly struggling to breathe like a life long smoker w emphysema.

No idea how I should feel for the ones who get sick from this, assuming some of them win the lottery and don’t Zget sick from an obvious super spreader event.

“As the light gains purchase, spirits are lifted and purpose is made clear.”

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:04 pm 

DaRkStAr wrote:
DaRkStAr wrote:
Since I got the Civ 6 expansions i had a hard time playing aggressive because of the loyalty mechanic.
Now I finally know probably all the ways to deal with it, which makes playing aggressive way more fun.

Currently I am playing a game with Cyrus (Persian) against 4 other civilizations (King difficulty) and a lot of City-States with the intend to get a domination victory.
At first I attacked my Scythian neighbors capital because it was adjacent to one of my cities and therefore the nearest city I could attack.
That failed horribly though. I wasn't able to do much damage and my catapults got nearly one-shot by their city ranged attack.

Then I decided to load the game before I declared war. This time I attacked their 3 weak cities in the south and conquered them before attacking their 3 stronger cities. At the first stronger city though I took some casualties and got a really good peace offering by them. I decided to take it and attack them later with a more modernized army.

The next turns I focused my attention on getting my science game up and mining a lot of niter.
Later I attacked with bombards and other updated units and captured all 3 remaining cities with ease.

Trajan is a big problem tough, he has more science per turn and more military strength all game long. Not sure if I should deal with him first or last.

I decided to attack Gorgo at first and wiped her out completely.
The problem is, Trajan has already 2 out of 5 steps for a science victory. Therefore right after finishing Gorgo I instantly attacked 2 of his weak cities and captured them. Unfortunately I had big problems getting another city and took a lot of casualties. He even managed to build a Giant Death Robot and even my Bomber did hardly any damage. I took his Peace offer and started producing an army of giant death robots. I hope they are strong enough to take him out.
One of the cities I took from him has big loyalty problems. I did everything I could do to increase loyalty, now it is still on -1.

Spoiler

Science Victory :thumbsup:

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:53 pm 

Nicely done

The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon wrote:
The secret of this format is in not breaking it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:09 am 

Identity: doesnt really matter
Preferred Pronoun Set: to me
Holy cow, idk what tonight is/was like in your cities but mine has been absolutely insane with fireworks. They’ve been going off steady since around 6pm (currently after 10pm) with milliseconds between booms. Every direction I look from my balcony on the top floor is dozens of grand finale type displays literally non-stop for over 4 hours at this point with no signs of slowing. Fireworks are illegal and the city didn’t have a display this year - but the people have spoke and my god it’s the wildest 4th I’ve ever seen

Last edited by The Secret of TIMH on Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:09 am 

DaRkStAr wrote:

Science Victory :thumbsup:

Fake. Everyone knows we never landed on the moon. This was actually just a culture victory won through special effects.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:11 am 

the people have spoke and my god it’s the wildest 4th I’ve ever seen

It’s now after 11 and it’s legit been like this for 5+ hours
https://vimeo.com/435418997

I can’t imagine how much money has blown up tonight

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:45 am 

No kidding lol. Fireworks are expensive even when they aren’t illegal. Literal definition of burning your finances. Unless Timh recently moved to the McMansion part of town that is super fireworks crazy.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:27 am 

the people have spoke and my god it’s the wildest 4th I’ve ever seen

It’s now after 11 and it’s legit been like this for 5+ hours
https://vimeo.com/435418997

I can’t imagine how much money has blown up tonight

Why in the day time?

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:53 am 

Its dark enough to see fireworks at 6 pm. Assuming that’s your question and the light pollution in the video doesn’t have you confused.

Edit: I genuinely don’t know which is your source of confusion tbh.

Ive lived around light pollution all my life; and every time we had a blackout or visited the grandparents in the middle of nowhere, it was a shocking wake up call to realize how dark dark actually is.

Im not even talking about your eyes being able to eventually adjust to the darkness. In certain parts of Appalachia that just isn’t possible. Is how I learned cats couldn’t see in the dark as a kid.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:13 am 

They started going off before sunset and you could see them. The video was taken around 8-830 and you could still see the dim glow of the sun on the horizon. No, I’m not in a rich part of town and the directions captured are mostly lower class neighborhoods - but from the back side of my place facing the wealthier areas I could see popping off all night too.
It was 360 all over the city. I’d guess most of the supplies come from Mexico (a couple hours drive) and cheaper there than if purchased black market state side. But still, they were going strong when I finally crashed after midnight.

Last edited by The Secret of TIMH on Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:43 am 

Preferred Pronoun Set: Mr.
mjack33 wrote:
No kidding lol. Fireworks are expensive even when they aren’t illegal. Literal definition of burning your finances. Unless Timh recently moved to the McMansion part of town that is super fireworks crazy.

They don't get more expensive when they are illegal.
Wait.... what you said makes no sense.
Meh. I almost drank a whole fifth of rum in pina colada's yesterday. I probably should just go back to sleep.

Undercity Coliseum Tournament, NGA KOTH and even some entertaining dailys up now and streaming (sometimes)!!!! Make sure you subscribe.
https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster
My band Shakey Deal YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBpPU1fbAjSPTfu3g0vubLw
Shakey Deal Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ShakeyDeal.Neil.Young.tribute/

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:03 pm 

I forgot in sone states you can just go purchase them in Mexico. Well... could. They just shut down their border w Arizona and I would not be surprised if they start extending that timewise and/or to other states.

@devil,

Everything is more expensive when it’s illegal and there is more demand than supply. Just other factors in this case brought the price down; like a really cheap secondary supply source.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:09 pm 

It was all over Southern California, or LA county at least. Anyone else’s area get this crazy?

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:41 pm 

So I "played" Bandersnatch... and oh boy.... I really liked it.
Endings I got

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:54 pm 

Yeah the train ending is amazing and I always assumed that was the best ending. I only got two different endings

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:54 pm 

Identity: ItsreallyDJ0045
Preferred Pronoun Set: I'm male, lol!
My wife was in a room with a confirmed COVID-19 case 2 weeks ago today while at a gym. We've been in self quarantine ever since. No symptoms thus far, but it was totally scary. I'd have said something sooner, but frankly, I didn't want to worry you guys needlessly.

If you've been watching CNN, the hospital they keep showing is in a really crappy neighborhood (no idea why, because it's not near any airport or any hotel anyone would ever stay at). In case you're wondering why it looks like Houston hospitals are in strip malls, they aren't, but that one is. Don't worry, we aren't some backwater undeveloped city.

We had a short-lived run on grocery stores - particularly meat - but it looks like that's passed, so things seem pretty normal still. I'm basically hunkering down again, just like in March/April.

and

How on earth are you all NOT talking about the Trump 2020 logo yet? If you wore it in Berlin, you'd probably get arrested. It's pretty much a copy of NAZI symbology. How is this evening happening? Please, someone convince me I’ve got this wrong.

Last edited by DJ0045 on Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:38 pm 

Because no one cares and it gets his supporters to show up to vote

I’m really happy you and your wife are ok

I’m trying to plan a three week trip to Maine to see my girl but it’s very complicated. Hopefully I can pull it off

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 362, 363, 364, 365, 366, 367, 368  Next