It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9489 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 475  Next
 Post subject: Re: Off Topic Thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:40 pm 

Mass effect 1 has an amazing story/worldbuilding ect ect but the actual gameplay is outdated as hell, still definitely worth playing but i'd breeze through it on a low difficulty because that outdated gameplay + some seriously **** difficulty spikes does not make for a good game haha -

Mass effect 2 is one of my favourite games of all time, they redid the gameplay so it's actually fun, story is not quite as good as 1 but still great, they abandoned a lot of the RPG elements for third person shooter but that's up to preference whether you like that or not (i personally did)

Mass effect 3 is the most controversial, but in my opinion the gameplay is even better then ME2's, and the story is decent with some of the best moments in the series sprinked in, but the end goes really tits up - a lot of people hate this game because of the ending which is 100% dog****, but i still think it's a good game in it's own right.

Don't play Andromida

Overall the trilogy is one of my favourites of all time, definitely worth playing and probably dirt cheap right now (although some of the DLC is overpriced, but definitely adds to the story)

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:29 pm 

Identity: doesnt really matter
Preferred Pronoun Set: to me
I know this is off topic for this politics thread, but is it ageist if i ask why all old people are stupid as all hell?

I live in a very rural place, therefore there's one bus a week to civilisation which most of the old people rely on to get things done like pay bills cause they don't know what internet is

This bus holds about 20 people, and i'd say usually about 16-17 of them are 75+, and sadly last week this bus crashed, luckily nobody was seriously injured which was a miracle in itself as some of these folks would get knocked over by a paper bag, but some needed a trip to hospital/or were worse for wear ect ect

Here's why they're dumb - I got on the bus this week and i don't think more then couple were wearing a seatbelt.

They're sitting there, waxing lyrical about how they were thrown around like ragdolls and dodged broken glass by centimetres and were all so lucky but when somebody brought up seatbelts they're all "ooh no seatbelts are uncomfortable, i've heard it's safer to not wear one"

I've never hoped to be on a bus crash until then.

That’s funny. I’ve never been on a bus that has seatbelts - school or public transit. What kind of belts do yours have? If they’re lap belts, the old folks are kind of right - studies show those increase the risk of neck injuries on buses (buses function differently in crashes than regular cars).

Different reasons why American buses (apparently Canadian too per Barney) usually don’t have seatbelts - enforcement problems (trying to get 30+ school kids to get and stay buckled) contributed to bus design, with manufacturers working around the problem of kids not buckling by making the buses safer in a crash. With height and weight of bus and seat design/placement, buses are remarkably safe in common crashes. Also concerns over evacuation speed after a crash. There’s been a push in recent years to get shoulder/lap combo belts in buses, which don’t carry the same risks as lap only belts - but it’s still rare and I’ve never ridden a bus that has them.

Careful about bagging on old folks. You’re young now, but blink and you’ll be old too. Old folks tend to seem dumb to young folks cause they developed in a different era and adapted to life in different conditions. Adaptive ability calcifies over time - like the saying you can’t teach an old dog new tricks. My great grandma lived to 102, passing away in the early 2000s. She went from living in an era that where most people used horse and buggy for travel to seeing the advent of commercial airliners to man landing on the moon to computers and the internet. Before she passed she started having fits of delirium, where she thought she was a young girl riding horses to the school house again, while I’m on the internet talking to people on the other side of the globe in real time.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:59 pm 

I mean, i can't speak for the whole country, living in the arse end of nowhere meant we have shoulder seatbelts, it's probably not the case in central London or anything haha

I'd also rather take a neck injury then been thrown about/out of the bus at high speeds in the event of a crash :P

See i'm totally fine with older people struggling with stuff that was commonplace for us - hell even just from my time in school we went from the school having one computer - which every student got 10 minutes a week with to practise typing - to now where schools have an Ipad per student or whatever. I'll happily spend an hour with my mum teaching her how to check her emails just to repeat the process a week later.

But i have no patience when it comes to seatbelts - they literally experienced what happens when you're in a crash without a seatbelt, got damn lucky that nobody was killed and then are too ignorant to realise that not wearing one puts others in danger just as much as themselves as shown in a great safety ad shown on telle over here:

Granted this really isn't an Age thing - I've sat in my car stationary for 15+ minutes before when a friend refused to put on their seatbelt until she eventually got out and left and i don't regret it a bit haha

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:04 pm 

LOL
That must have been fun.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:09 pm 

In the state where i used to live, not wearing a seatbelt was a ticket for both you and the driver.

“As the light gains purchase, spirits are lifted and purpose is made clear.”

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:21 pm 

Mass effect is any good? Rayman legends is amazing too I play that one with my 8 year old.

Ps: yeah I know this is old stuff... Thanks :)

The mass effect games are amazing and probably easily the best trilogy ever made

The first one I think has the best story ever made for a video game. It is very compelling and you will FEEL the urgency of it. The game has a few faults but it’s well worth it

Mass Effect 2 might be the best video game of all time. Top 3 for sure if not. It’s perfect in every way

The third one you can skip but if you’re really into it, you might as well finish it off. It’s still fun, but 2 is impossible to top

Dating update: this girl I really like that I approached confidently a few weeks ago and gave my contact info to just asked me out for a meal after a week of chatting. So happy :)

Another young one has been talking to me almost everyday but I’m not excited about her like I am with this other one.

Very excited and happy :)

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:23 pm 

Let me just say that walking on to and around the Citadel the first time in Mass Effect 1 is one of the most epic video game moments I’ve ever experienced. I was in
Awe at the vastness and size of it

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:36 pm 

Ok now I'm sold, Mass effect here I come!
Happy for you Barns, I hope you get to the second date!

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:12 pm 

Starting to get slightly jealous. I am forever alone. :/

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:56 pm 

Thanks Cucho, I don’t know if you read books but before playing mass effect, I read the prequel book Mass Effect Ascension and it was a fun read and it totally got me ready for the universe. I know about the Spectres (and we’re scared of them), I knew about the citadel and the council, I know how humans and Turians had a tough start, I knew all about Keith David’s character, Anderson. I knew how the weapoNs worked. Because of that and my interest in that universe I found myself reading all the CODEX I came across and wanting to learn more

It made the game a super rich experience for me

What an incredible soundtrack at the beginning. Don’t press start right away, listen a bit to the epic soundtrack

...also I totally fell hard for Liara

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:39 pm 

Thanks Cucho, I don’t know if you read books

:takei:
Do I sound so ignorant?
I do read books... but not very much into that kind of reading.
And I only read news, the occasional article, this forum or some online courses in English.

I tried reading MTG lore but I think I miss a lot of the details and if the writers are just a bit fancy in their wording they loose me completely.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:49 pm 

Lol like obviously you read cuz you’re intelligent and awesome but I didn’t know if you read for fun, and if you do I didn’t know if you prefer fiction or non fiction :)

Anyway I’m excited for you that you’ll get to experience this. Be sure to post about it here as you discover it

“First time driving the Mako.... who designed this?!”
“I can’t decide if Feros or Noveria is scarier...”

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:52 pm 

yeah i can't wait to backseat game you from the other side of the world

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:09 pm 

THATS NOT HOW YOU VANGUARD RUSH A RACHNI YOU IDIOT

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:49 pm 

THATS NOT HOW YOU VANGUARD RUSH A RACHNI YOU IDIOT

Says the person who flew halfway across the galaxy with their blinker on.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:55 pm 

The top 3 “best” games of all time in 2010 were :

1. Resident Evil 4
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Final Fantasy 7

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:50 pm 

I know this is off topic for this politics thread, but is it ageist if i ask why all old people are stupid as all hell?

I live in a very rural place, therefore there's one bus a week to civilisation which most of the old people rely on to get things done like pay bills cause they don't know what internet is

This bus holds about 20 people, and i'd say usually about 16-17 of them are 75+, and sadly last week this bus crashed, luckily nobody was seriously injured which was a miracle in itself as some of these folks would get knocked over by a paper bag, but some needed a trip to hospital/or were worse for wear ect ect

Here's why they're dumb - I got on the bus this week and i don't think more then couple were wearing a seatbelt.

They're sitting there, waxing lyrical about how they were thrown around like ragdolls and dodged broken glass by centimetres and were all so lucky but when somebody brought up seatbelts they're all "ooh no seatbelts are uncomfortable, i've heard it's safer to not wear one"

I've never hoped to be on a bus crash until then.

A bus full of people crashes. Nobody is wearing a seat belt and none of them get seriously injured. And then you go and ask them why they aren't wearing a seat belt. I'm sure they got a good laugh out of that one. I think the answer is in the question regarding this one.

Link to the NGA Dead Pool post - https://nogoblinsallowed.com/viewtopic. ... 55#p663155

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:24 pm 

mjack33 wrote:
The top 3 “best” games of all time in 2010 were :

1. Resident Evil 4
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Final Fantasy 7

When people ask me the best game of all time, it’s either Resident Evil 4 or Mass Effect 2. But I really love the last two GTA games . They are close to perfect

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:58 am 

Preferred Pronoun Set: Mr.
What are the best ps3 games?
Got my old ps3 back into some extra time.

Ratchet and Clank

Undercity Coliseum Tournament, NGA KOTH and even some entertaining dailys up now and streaming (sometimes)!!!! Make sure you subscribe.
https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster
My band Shakey Deal YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBpPU1fbAjSPTfu3g0vubLw
Shakey Deal Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ShakeyDeal.Neil.Young.tribute/

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:00 am 

sixty4half wrote:
NightHawk233"]

A bus full of people crashes. Nobody is wearing a seat belt and none of them get seriously injured. And then you go and ask them why they aren't wearing a seat belt. I'm sure they got a good laugh out of that one. I think the answer is in the question regarding this one.
[/quote]

Yeah, the only correct response to being extremely lucky is to assume that's the norm, that's why skydivers don't bother with a parachute anymore cause that one lady survived falling out of a plane!

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9489 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 475  Next