It is currently Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16891 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 829, 830, 831, 832, 833, 834, 835 ... 845  Next
 Post subject: Re: Off Topic Thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:34 am 

Identity: Im not a cat
DJ0045 wrote:
Not as cool as me, that's for sure

Nothing could ever be as cool as you though.

This chick is pretty cool

Link to the NGA Dead Pool post - viewtopic.php?f=62&t=20793&p=663155#p663155

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:11 am 

Preferred Pronoun Set: Mr.
DJ0045 wrote:
deadpoet wrote:

My son is what I believe to be a literal genius anyway and with that being said he has really anchored onto Kerbal since I got us the expanded version. He learned how to calculate and execute delta vee like three months ago and now he has space stations and other amazing things in orbit along with going to the Moon and Mars numerous times.

I didn't know the expanded version included our solar system.....thought it just had mun and other planets like that.

There are mods for that, but I’d assume he just means the equivalent planets.

Some of the craziest mods (read hardest) impose real levels of gravity. I’ve never played around with that, but I bet it’s pretty cool.

Sorry for the confusion. I meant the equivalent planets. He's built and landed rovers also.

Undercity Coliseum Tournament, NGA KOTH and even some entertaining dailys up now and streaming (sometimes)!!!! Make sure you subscribe.
https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster
My band Shakey Deal YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBpPU1fbAjSPTfu3g0vubLw
Shakey Deal Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ShakeyDeal.Neil.Young.tribute/

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:21 am 

Breaking News - Traces of Microplastics found inside of Microplastics.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:22 am 

The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon wrote:
The secret of this format is in not breaking it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:23 am 

DJ0045 wrote:
deadpoet wrote:

I didn't know the expanded version included our solar system.....thought it just had mun and other planets like that.

Some of the craziest mods (read hardest) impose real levels of gravity. I’ve never played around with that, but I bet it’s pretty cool.

Sorry for the confusion. I meant the equivalent planets. He's built and landed rovers also.

I blame the time when I posted for my confusion. I haven't played KSP in a long time I may start again

Sheldon wrote:

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:24 am 

I thought we were supposed to avoid posting spoilers unless you’ve changed your name to Barney.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:35 am 

yes, that's still the rule.

I actually should thank you, jacky, for making me realize just how spoiler-ific the trailers were. They give away SO much that I actively told people to NOT watch them before watching the show, and the 2-3 guys that did not watch trailers, and then watched the first episode, binged the entire season in 2-3 days.

I'm jealous of what that experience must have been like, knowing as much as the players do.

At the same time, i never would have watched the show without seeing the trailers. It's still a 10/10 for me, personally, even after watching the trailers first.

Last edited by Black Barney on Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:38 am 

:ookay:

Sheldon wrote:

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:38 am 

lol, i think the jack is my favourite part

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:47 am 

Identity: ItsreallyDJ0045
Preferred Pronoun Set: I'm male, lol!
DJ0045 wrote:
deadpoet wrote:

That's pretty awesome. The game has a lot of depth for something that looks like a toy. I definitely know what I'm doing, and I can tell you (although, of course I've done it) those kinds of accomplishments aren't easy - even in the game's equivalent to creative mode.

The thing that really hooked me was trying to make things as tiny as possible. The game lets you make things huge - in the long run - but I really enjoyed the extra challenge of not being wasteful. I'm actually probably going to play the sequel when it comes out next year - I hope they succeed on many of their goals, because if they do the game is going to be great.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:48 am 

lol, i think the jack is my favourite part

The price on the game

Sheldon wrote:

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:49 am 

My company has jumped the shark. For a communications company we have thrown out any attempt at coherent internal communication. A few years ago they had the genius idea to let departments rename themselves. It started off with some network teams calling themselves DFW (don't fight the web) and I-405 (THE major highway here in Los Angeles) and those sort of made sense as names. Then we got a software development team The Rat Killers which still sort of made sense but I think this is where the major departure started. Now we have teams like Rhythm and Blues (which are actually 2 different escalation teams, get it, Rhythm comes first, and if they can't fix, then you go to Blues) and this is sort of where I started to no longer be humored by them. Now we have Justice Team (sic) and The Avengers and I have no clue what they do. Edgar Allen POE is now a team named after a group that investigates outages caused by Personel Or Equipment (that one did cause me to laugh, not lol, but I chuckled). The Honey Badger team (I'm guessing one or more of them went to Tudor University) was brought up in a meeting today and I spent more meeting time trying to figure out what they do than listening to the issue at hand.

We're still Sports Operations but I keep telling the other managers we need to change it to something stupid like 1st and 10 or Hat Trick just to add to the overall confusion within the company.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:59 am 

sixty4half wrote:
My company has jumped the shark. For a communications company we have thrown out any attempt at coherent internal communication. A few years ago they had the genius idea to let departments rename themselves. It started off with some network teams calling themselves DFW (don't fight the web) and I-405 (THE major highway here in Los Angeles) and those sort of made sense as names. Then we got a software development team The Rat Killers which still sort of made sense but I think this is where the major departure started. Now we have teams like Rhythm and Blues (which are actually 2 different escalation teams, get it, Rhythm comes first, and if they can't fix, then you go to Blues) and this is sort of where I started to no longer be humored by them. Now we have Justice Team (sic) and The Avengers and I have no clue what they do. Edgar Allen POE is now a team named after a group that investigates outages caused by Personel Or Equipment (that one did cause me to laugh, not lol, but I chuckled). The Honey Badger team (I'm guessing one or more of them went to Tudor University) was brought up in a meeting today and I spent more meeting time trying to figure out what they do than listening to the issue at hand.

We're still Sports Operations but I keep telling the other managers we need to change it to something stupid like 1st and 10 or Hat Trick just to add to the overall confusion within the company.

In my experience, people will do anything they can to make things less efficient. They don't typically know that that's what they are doing, but it seems consistent across many things I've witnessed in life. This is just an example of that. I guess this is why good managers get paid. lol

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:08 am 

i was just in a 2 hour meeting. 15 minutes into it i say, "this is dumb. We should be having this meeting in January when we know more. Right now we don't want to highlight any of this stuff since it isn't a differentiator for our firm". The head guy agrees, calls off the meeting. Yay.

Love this firm. I used to sit in so many meetings like this in previous firms that made no sense and would have wound up making things worse.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:13 am 

i was just in a 2 hour meeting. 15 minutes into it i say, "this is dumb. We should be having this meeting in January when we know more. Right now we don't want to highlight any of this stuff since it isn't a differentiator for our firm". The head guy agrees, calls off the meeting. Yay.

Love this firm. I used to sit in so many meetings like this in previous firms that made no sense and would have wound up making things worse.

My god… that statement and its effect… chef’s kiss.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:16 am 

Younger Barney would never have had the balls to make that comment. I'm with two VPs and their boss in this meeting.

Years ago a Rhodes scholar (who used to be the boss of this boss guy in my meeting) said to me, "i like your fearless approach. Always speak your mind, it's what will get you the big bucks one day"

Something like that anyway. But yeah, if you KNOW what you're talking about, you shouldn't just play along at whatever game everyone in the room sometimes is pretending to play. It's fine to call it out and just move on to important things. We're paid to think, not to tow the line. If your company pays you to tow the line (I've worked for those firms before), you can decide what kind of job you want at the end of the day. 9-5 or not 9-5

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:31 am 

Preferred Pronoun Set: Mr.
DJ0045 wrote:
DJ0045 wrote:

That's pretty awesome. The game has a lot of depth for something that looks like a toy. I definitely know what I'm doing, and I can tell you (although, of course I've done it) those kinds of accomplishments aren't easy - even in the game's equivalent to creative mode.

The thing that really hooked me was trying to make things as tiny as possible. The game lets you make things huge - in the long run - but I really enjoyed the extra challenge of not being wasteful. I'm actually probably going to play the sequel when it comes out next year - I hope they succeed on many of their goals, because if they do the game is going to be great.

He's gotten me to play it a little. I'll probably play more this winter when I have less I can do outside. I'm up to like four motors.... He builds space shuttles and has an orbiting space station along with going to other planets and I believe by now establishing colonies.

Undercity Coliseum Tournament, NGA KOTH and even some entertaining dailys up now and streaming (sometimes)!!!! Make sure you subscribe.
https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster
My band Shakey Deal YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBpPU1fbAjSPTfu3g0vubLw
Shakey Deal Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ShakeyDeal.Neil.Young.tribute/

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:58 am 

Someone stabbed a parlament member in the UK...

Apparently he died...

Yikes.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:22 am 

Knives dont kill people, people kill people. Dont take away my right to cut a steak.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:35 am 

Filthy heathens using iron to cut a steak.

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16891 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 829, 830, 831, 832, 833, 834, 835 ... 845  Next