It is currently Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 648, 649, 650, 651, 652, 653, 654 ... 669  Next
 Post subject: Re: Off Topic Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:23 am 

I finished the second game and gave up, not a bad series and it's carried by awesome music, but there was too many times i got punished for doing things in the wrong order - e.g talking about the wrong piece of evidence even though it also contradicts their story, because i was meant to bring that up later.

Spoiler

When it worked it was very fun but there was too many times there was a convoluted answer
Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:11 am 

To be honest it’s a visual novel. My expectations were to be entertained, for the gameplay to not get too repetitive or in the way, and for someone to shout objection at various intervals. It satisfied what I wanted out if the experience without resorting to hentai.

“As the light gains purchase, spirits are lifted and purpose is made clear.”

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:16 am 

Yeah where the hell is Cucho anyway?!

right here buddy I was on a vacation last week and I committed to no screens whatsoever even turned down my phone for most of the day... it was wonderful.

Anyway so TIMHs prostate is getting action just for the funcies?

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:21 am 

It’s I before E except after C you heathen. Miss-spell it properly.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:34 am 

Yeah where the hell is Cucho anyway?!

right here buddy I was on a vacation last week and I committed to no screens whatsoever even turned down my phone for most of the day... it was wonderful.

Anyway so TIMHs prostate is getting action just for the funcies?

The only time I can do pull off no screen time is on a cruise ship. No wonder it’s my favourite type of vacation

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:02 am 

Identity: ItsreallyDJ0045
Preferred Pronoun Set: I'm male, lol!
mjack33 wrote:
It’s I before E except after C you heathen. Miss-spell it properly.

Ignore him cucho... it should be Funzies.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:13 am 

I used to have a thing that checked my english grammar... I dunno what happened to it.. in any case I was checking my emails and I got one from the thing that provides healthcare... "Check for prostate cancer with just a blood test"... I laughed hard...

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:30 am 

lol, omg poor Timh. That doc must like him and his hawt hiney

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:04 pm 

Does anyone want to argue that Resident Evil 6 is not the worst Resident Evil game available on modern-ish hardware? Like.... anyone want to nominate any of the others as worse? Genuine curiosity; not just bitching.

————

The number one issue with the story of FF7 Remake is that I don’t understand Aerith’s goal/justification.

She doesn’t seem like someone who would selfishly risk the fate of the entire world just to try to avoid her own death; but she also (so far) hasn’t done much to prevent any of the major tragedies that *might* have justified the retcon. Note *might* bc that is its own moral discussion; but not one we get to have bc she hasn’t done diddly major so far. She’s already failed to stop two of the bigger events while simultaneously giving the bad guy another really good chance (with knowledge of the future this time) to try to destroy the planet.

The entire thing seems to currently just be a retcon so that 3-4 popular characters haven’t had to die (yet). This is my one major criticism of the game. It’s doing a time travel Deus ex Machina plot but hasn’t provided a payoff.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:01 pm 

Identity: Im not a cat
You should play xenogears instead of final fantasy

I think you'll have to get a playstation to play it though cuz it hasn't been remade

Link to the NGA Dead Pool post - https://nogoblinsallowed.com/viewtopic. ... 55#p663155

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:17 pm 

I remember finding RE3 bad but I remember RE6 much better as not enjoyable

I barely played either tho

Revelations really sucked tho

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:57 pm 

RE6 expects you to play >2/3 of it like it’s **** Call of Duty; but it balances itself and provisions the player as if it is still an RE game. Note to self: if I ever produce a limited-ammo survival horror game; don’t make more than half the enemies generic gangsters that have to be shot to progress.

RE6 also has a ton of unbalanced cheap **** that just isn’t present in the rest of the series. My Village of Shadiws RE8 run and Run 2 hardest difficulty Leon run in RE2Make had 6 deaths combined. A single cheap ass level in RE6 on Normal had me die 9 times in 50 minutes and I felt only 2 of them were “fair” (within context of the game’s already **** balance).

Not a single section of the entire 50 minute level in question is something I want to repeat either. The level design was absolutely atrocious. I’m talking Anor Londo archers “**** this **** stop making me slide ALL THE WAY DOWN THD GD HILL on a single stagger from enemy bullets” atrocious. Which is a common theme. I’ve beaten RE1MAKE, RE2MAKE, and RE8 5+ times a piece recently including challenge runs. I do not want to even finish 1 playthrough of RE6 on Normal. I’ve got Chapter 5 left in Jake/Leon and all of Ada Wong left. I may not finish that.

The original PlayStation 1 RE3 was a bit of a cash grab tbh; but I still find it fun win the context of series gameplay at that point in time for the original trilogy. It was essentially a dlc expansion for RE2 priced like a full game.

Both Revelations games were mediocre. To be fair they were also originally handheld spinoffs for Nintendo DS trying to use the related gimmicks; and they still feel like RE games at the end of the day. I would probably lump them in with RE0 as mediocre but not actively offensively bad.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:04 pm 

sixty4half wrote:
You should play xenogears instead of final fantasy

I think you'll have to get a playstation to play it though cuz it hasn't been remade

PS3 PS1 classics. I have played it iirc.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:24 pm 

Elden Ring got a release date and a trailer; so that’s now one entire E3 presentation that a very large group of people no longer care about.

I do not understand why they would release this now instead of waiting for their E3 presentation on Tuesday.

On a side note, they’ve been plastering George R R Martin’s name all over this project for a good while; and there is a massive 0% of his influence visible in the 2.5 minute trailer. The plot revealed so far is so copy paste Dark Souls to a point that it looks generated with a “Mad Lib”.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:28 pm 

woot!

The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon wrote:
The secret of this format is in not breaking it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:21 am 

Preferred Pronoun Set: Mr.
DJ0045 wrote:
@ DJ

I don't think Chipotle is all its cracked up to be. Not sure what your point there was.

I like them because of their $15/hr pledge, and the fact they are raising prices to pay the higher wages.

Your argument is invalid.

Couldn't possibly cut the CEO's pay by 1% instead?

Undercity Coliseum Tournament, NGA KOTH and even some entertaining dailys up now and streaming (sometimes)!!!! Make sure you subscribe.
https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster
My band Shakey Deal YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBpPU1fbAjSPTfu3g0vubLw
Shakey Deal Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ShakeyDeal.Neil.Young.tribute/

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:51 am 

JFC Image

The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon wrote:
The secret of this format is in not breaking it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:47 am 

The FF7R PS5 upgrade that just released is a “free upgrade “ for everyone who bought the game on PS4 (as opposed to receiving it for free on PS+ in March). The caveat is that you will not get the dlc expansion with the upgrade the way you would buying it straight out.

The dlc expansion in question is $20 and has me conflicted. It’s 2 episodes that will last 4-8 hours on Normal; so ~12-15 hours for 100% completion including hard mode. It’s also only *technically* optional. Imagine that each of the 3 parts of the Remake end up being 18 episodes a piece with one overarching 3 part story. This dlc expansion would literally be a story critical Intermission (thus the name) directly linking Parts 1 and 2 vis 2 episodes. Not getting it is like watching a Shakespearean play with a major scene missing from the second act. Can you technically figure out the plot? Probably. But it’s probably going to end up being FF15 all over again where there’s just a time skip and suddenly a drastic change has occurred where a character went blind in the last battle but you don’t get to see how without paying for the overpriced dlc.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:48 am 

The CEO of Chipotle made 38 million last year.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:15 am 

Identity: ItsreallyDJ0045
Preferred Pronoun Set: I'm male, lol!
DJ0045 wrote:
@ DJ

I don't think Chipotle is all its cracked up to be. Not sure what your point there was.

I like them because of their $15/hr pledge, and the fact they are raising prices to pay the higher wages.

Your argument is invalid.

Couldn't possibly cut the CEO's pay by 1% instead?

No.

I'm assuming you're joking, but in case anyone else doesn't know you are joking: that kind of logic is stupid.

1) CEO pay has nothing to do with hourly worker pay. Every single person working for $11/hr at Chipotle is eminently replaceable, this will be even more true at $15/hr. Put another way, $11/hr may already be too much for that job. Good CEO's, on the other hand, are extremely rare - worth-millions-of-dollars-per-year rare (think NBA-star rare, or high-quality-quarterback rare, or, in some cases, Christiano-Ronaldo rare - note: very few people question athlete pay for some reason; I have no idea why CEOs don't get the same treatment -> they aren't stuffing burritos all day fwiw).
2) 100% of the CEO's pay is probably not enough to cover the change. I'm estimating the pay increase will cost about $500 million/annum. 60000 employees, $4 additional per hour, 2080 hours per full time year. 1% of his salary is laughably small relative to that number.
3) if he's good at his job, he will use the pay raise to increase prices at Chipotle, and have consumers support him (because modern consumers need our help and deserve government support).
4) if he does it right, those price increases will more than cover the cost of the hourly wage increases, and his idiot consumers won't question any of this and will keep buying the exact same things, but for more. (And Chipotle profits could even rise as a result). I have no idea what the margin is on Chipotle products, but it bet it's very low - meaning a small increase in the prices may have powerful economic results, even if they have to give some of those new revenues to their employees (and especially, if he, like I would do, uses the pay raise as an excuse to cut some of his work force).
5) if all of the above, the board should probably double his salary. lol

This is all especially funny since I doubt many Chipotle diners make much more than $15/hr. I certainly stopped eating that food after I got out of that pay range. Age was also a factor.

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 648, 649, 650, 651, 652, 653, 654 ... 669  Next