It is currently Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8533 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 420, 421, 422, 423, 424, 425, 426, 427  Next
 Post subject: Re: Off Topic Thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:49 pm 

I'm just wondering, why that book for a book club? Not many more boring things you could read unless you decided that the 1978 Chevrolet El Camino owners guide would be good material for a book club

Link to the NGA Dead Pool post - https://nogoblinsallowed.com/viewtopic. ... 55#p663155

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:59 pm 

HEY HEY DON'T SPOIL THAT

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:03 pm 

Identity: doesnt really matter
Preferred Pronoun Set: to me
I know who I’m voting for in November. #nomoremeanies

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:47 pm 

Identity: ItsreallyDJ0045
Preferred Pronoun Set: I'm male, lol!
sixty4half wrote:
I'm just wondering, why that book for a book club? Not many more boring things you could read unless you decided that the 1978 Chevrolet El Camino owners guide would be good material for a book club

bad reasons:
1) We are all businesspeople
2) many from oil and gas
3) politically interested

It was put to a vote... most of the stuff we read is likely to be boring.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:30 pm 

HEY HEY DON'T SPOIL THAT

Thanks I wanted to read that one....

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:20 pm 

I got my first of 16 at home SARS-COV-2 tests today. I have to take one each week before the weekend or I cant get inside my work facility on Saturday/ Sunday for NFL.

Seems a little pointless now that everyone was there last Sunday without a test. It's not of the FDA approved ones. It's a UEA allowed tests instead. I dont have to feel the back of my nasal cavity either.

Link to the NGA Dead Pool post - https://nogoblinsallowed.com/viewtopic. ... 55#p663155

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:33 pm 

you should put one in your urethra

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:13 am 

So... I'm supposed to mentor some kid today. I'm going to help him get a job in Management Consulting. I, of course, have never worked in management consulting. This should go well...

How's everyone doing? This thread had radio silence for a few days.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:25 am 

maybe you can mentor him in why Austin sucks balls

Doing good. Had a big step forward last night with Jersey med student. Played a little of I'll show you mine if you show me yours. First time I've ever taken a vid of my junk. Pretty damn awkward.

Border closure got renewed for another month and this time they not only said extended until Oct 21, but "likely until Nov 21 as well" which is a first. So that's a bummer for seeing my daughter and having frequent contact with this new future g/f but I'm surely going to fly down to Jersey in the next month and spend a weekend. Can't wait.

other that than work is stupid busy

found an underground poker game in the basement of a mansion on the water. Played last saturday, made some money, will go back this saturday

and that has been your Barney update this week

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:55 am 

He lives in Texas, I’m sure he already knows.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:41 pm 

Ginsburg died... these next four months should be fun.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:46 pm 

Sad when they go so soon

Anyway, There’s a clear political norm that you can’t appoint and confirm a Supreme Court Justice in an election year.

Me: "There are political implications to RBG's death"

Local conservatives: "StOp PoLiTiCiZiNg HeR dEaTh"

McConnell: “President Trump’s nominee will receive a vote on the floor of the United States Senate.”

He actually said that. Today.  He said it today.

I am actually in disbelief at how awful they are after so publicly denying Merrick Garland who Obama nominated early in the election year. And now we are less than two months and he’s saying he’s gonna rush a nominee

It really bothers me. The blatant hypocrisy. Like they actually strike me as immoral, evil people and I hate thinking that way

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:56 pm 

Sad when they go so soon

Anyway, There’s a clear political norm that you can’t appoint and confirm a Supreme Court Justice in an election year.

Me: "There are political implications to RBG's death"

Local conservatives: "StOp PoLiTiCiZiNg HeR dEaTh"

McConnell: “President Trump’s nominee will receive a vote on the floor of the United States Senate.”

He actually said that. Today.  He said it today.

I am actually in disbelief at how awful they are after so publicly denying Merrick Garland who Obama nominated early in the election year. And now we are less than two months and he’s saying he’s gonna rush a nominee

It really bothers me. The blatant hypocrisy. Like they actually strike me as immoral, evil people and I hate thinking that way

You're surprised by McConnell's statement? LOL if anything, Trump was put into place to provide the Conseravitives with 2 more spots on the bench. That's why McConnell would not accept Obama's nomination before he left.

And no, there is not a clear political norm about not appointing justices during an election year. McConnel did it to Obama during what we term a "lame duck year" which only happens on the 8th year of a presidential term. Other presidents have done it in the past, both Bush's did IIRC (which I may not be).

Theyve been waiting for this moment and they'll have a nominee within 2 or 3 work days.

Last edited by sixty4half on Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:59 pm 

K, you’re right of course

But I don’t see the difference between a year 4 or year 8 nominee. The American people are about to decide who is going to be president regardless

That sounds a bit like conservative rubbish to me

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:14 pm 

Republicans have almost no standards for their Representatives other than not being a Democrat. Pedophilia isn’t even a definite disqualifier anymore without tapes. The entire R party is about winning at almost any cost; and yes Barney they have no shame or morals. They stand for absolutely nothing except anti abortion and being against the “liberals “. They are a minority rule party that would be out of power at the national level if they did have shame or morals tbh.

There’s a reason they are openly cheating in the upcoming election. A lot of them are going to jail if they don’t; and the rest of them are in serious trouble if actual election reform ever goes through. They need to win to stay in power, so hypocrisy and packing the courts is small potatoes by comparison. I don’t know why you are surprised by anything going on any more. There is a non zero chance of almost anything you could think of happening soon.

I hope everyone likes SC Justice Ted Cruz. Bc he was on the list last week.

Edit: they in the above refers to Republicans in Congress and the executive branch

“As the light gains purchase, spirits are lifted and purpose is made clear.”

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:32 pm 

mjack33 wrote:
Republicans have almost no standards for their Representatives other than not being a Democrat.

So true.

TBH, I can understand McConnel. I don't like it and he is a complete hypocrite but I understand it and would expect no different.

What I don't understand are the people I have talked with that completely ignore the whole hypocrite part. It is like they just can not hear any words that do not line up with their beliefs.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:37 am 

Speaking of McConnell

February 23, 2016: “I can now confidently say the view shared by virtually everybody in my conference, is that the nomination should be made by the president the people elect in the election that’s underway right now,” McConnell told reporters following Senate Republicans’ first closed-door meeting after Scalia’s death. “I believe the overwhelming view of the Republican Conference in the Senate is that this nomination should not be filled, this vacancy should not be filled by this lame duck president…The American people are perfectly capable of having their say on this issue, so let’s give them a voice. Let’s let the American people decide. The Senate will appropriately revisit the matter when it considers the qualifications of the nominee the next president nominates, whoever that might be.”

March 16, 2016: “The Senate will continue to observe the ‘Biden rule’ so that the American people have a voice in this momentous decision on who to name to the court,” McConnell said in a floor speech the day Obama nominated Garland.

May 18, 2016: Reacting to a forum called by Senate Democrats to discuss the lingering nomination of Garland, a statement from McConnell’s office called it a “sham hearing” and claimed Democrats were being hypocritical about the need to confirm Garland in an election year: “It seems the more we hear from Democrats about the Supreme Court the more we’re reminded by comparison of how reasonable and common-sense the Republican position is today.”

The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon wrote:
The secret of this format is in not breaking it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:43 am 

We just got hit by an earthquake. It felt pretty strong but was over after about 10-12 seconds. Nobody at work got hurt. None of this shoddily installed plexiglass fell

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:05 am 

Sheldon wrote:

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:00 am 

https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-pc-system-requirements/

Minimum:

Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K or AMD FX-8310
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 3GB or AMD Radeon RX 470
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: 70 GB HDD, SSD recommended

Recommended:
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790 or AMD Ryzen 3 3200G
Memory: 12GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB or AMD Radeon R9 Fury
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: 70 GB SSD

Sheldon wrote:

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8533 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 420, 421, 422, 423, 424, 425, 426, 427  Next