It is currently Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 360, 361, 362, 363, 364, 365, 366 ... 368  Next
 Post subject: Re: Off Topic Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:20 pm 

Preferred Pronoun Set: Mr.
Well yah, I was drinking some Summer Lager. Two and up to page 20 and that was it for the evening.

Undercity Coliseum Tournament, NGA KOTH and even some entertaining dailys up now and streaming (sometimes)!!!! Make sure you subscribe.
https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster
My band Shakey Deal YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBpPU1fbAjSPTfu3g0vubLw
Shakey Deal Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ShakeyDeal.Neil.Young.tribute/

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:44 am 

John Bolton allegedly alleges that he briefed Trump on the Russian Afghan bounties in March 2019.

Yes, that is the correct year. 2019. Bolton would be accusing them of knowing about this for 15-16 months bc he personally told them.

I’m trying to not look at politics and the news, but this story is very quickly taking over my social channels. Thank goodness I don’t have social feeds.

Edit: If true this would mean that Trump
- tried to invite the Taliban to Camp David for peace talks
- tried to get Russia invited to attend the G7

and

- a lot of White House personnel, especially John Bolton, have known about the developing Russia Afghan Bounty scandal for over a year

All while Russia had an ongoing arrangement that Trump allegedly knew about to pay the Taliban bounties on dead American troops in Afghanistan.

My blood is boiling just a wee bit at the thought of such a thing.

“As the light gains purchase, spirits are lifted and purpose is made clear.”

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:26 pm 

Against my better judgment, my friends have successfully driven me crazy to the point where I’ve been doing some digging into the bounty thing; and this is the perfect example of a large part of what is wrong with our media and politics.

Almost 100% of the discussion is on what Trump knew and when he knew it.

Very few lawmakers and almost no media are seriously discussing how we should treat Russia and the Taliban moving forward. You know the part of the whole bounty situation we can still do things about.

Domestic politics seems to be taking very clear and very wrong priority over international politics and the future safety of our troops.

———-

Incidentally I’ve noticed the EU, Canada, and some others are planning to place travel restrictions/bans on international travel to and from the U.S. due to the novel coronavirus.

I feel bad for some of the posters on here, especially BB. The rest of the world is seriously looking at isolating us until we get this under control.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:50 pm 

This is a separate post from the above bc I may want to quote it later. Edit: I am trying to make a serious effort to not multipost; but I also want to keep any rare political posts completely separate from more personal ones. /edit

In personal news my employer has taken the extraordinary step of requiring all employees to sign a legal document pertaining to Covid. It acknowledges that we understand the preceding paragraphs and agree to forego all proscribed activities until a completely arbitrary and unknown date. The penalty for violating the document is immediate termination; and the list of proscribed activities is so extensive that they are basically ordering us to go into an extremely restrictive voluntary house arrest until the pandemic is completely over regardless of what phase the current state is in.

Oh and sign and return in 3 hours k thx byee.

A full day later I have signed nothing and hr is very the mad at the me. I want them to put a time limit on it, at which point we can discuss renewal if still appropriate. I also want them to agree to let me telework in January so that I can spend Christmas with family. Those seem like extremely reasonable asks given the extraordinary demands being made. HR doesn’t see it that way but they would prefer not to fire me so.....

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:04 pm 

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:15 pm 

DJ mysteriously disappears and Stasis shows up.

Oh hi Clark Kent, you missed the action AGAIN!

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:24 pm 

stasis = 6 characters

DJ0045 = 6 characters

Jesus, DJ's not even trying to be subtle

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:36 pm 

Also I said I liked Austin once and Stasis banned me for a week

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:20 pm 

The flaw with that logic being that Stasis told us who he was; and I told y’all where to look it up less than 20 posts ago.

Stasis posts more as Stasis than their “normal” account. Poor mod probably has to take 5 just to remember their other user name. I certainly have to go back to February 20th to get the spelling correct.

Edit: i am 90% aware that this is just an excuse to meme. Feel the odd need to play the part of person who doesn’t get the joke.

Also 100% sure that Stasis could post their identity again right now and within 10 pages we’ll have another “ill find out who you are” meme train regardless. Tis more fun to have a mystery.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:37 pm 

Another news story blowing up my inbox; and again it’s a good example of why our news sucks.

Clickbait that is everywhere: Supreme Court forces state to fund religious private schools.

The significantly less sexy news story: Supreme Court says that a state cannot discriminate against a private entity solely based on religion and nothing else whatsoever. Aka religious persecution bad.

The state in question was using public tax credits to fund private schools. This is a huge no no that should not be happening by itself.

Non sequitor: they weren’t even directly funding private schools in order to provide some semblance of fair distribution. This was a built in funny money system where rich people could take a big tax credit for donating to private schools. Exact same thing as funding them directly, except you are letting donors control distribution of the money. This system is clearly unfair and shouldn’t have existed for multiple reasons.

But back on the topic, the state was funding private schools via tax credits. Ignoring other implementation details, whether or not a school qualified should have focused on the academic qualifications of said school snd nothing else. Any school that met certain minimum criteria should have qualified for this funding; and the state should not have been policing religious affiliations/extra-curriculum on top of math and science.

——————-

The real solution is to not fund private schools with taxpayer money. Separation of church and state is the main reason that is considered good policy in the modern era exactly bc of problems like the above.

Failing that, the SC has ssid thst anything that your state counts as a private school should be treated equal to other private schools and the state should remain blind to religion. If religion is interfering with the curriculum to the point where it matters, then it probably shouldn’t qualify as a school to begin with. Either the institution can provide the state mandated education or it can’t.

This is in no way shape or form the clickbait “SC forces state to fund private religious schools “ that implies lack of mitigating context that my liberal friends are losing their **** minds over.

This is why Rs don’t trust the media.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:18 am 

mjack33 wrote:
The flaw with that logic being that Stasis told us who he was; and I told y’all where to look it up less than 20 posts ago.

Absolutely adorable that you don't think Stasis is capable of layers and layers of feints and ruses.

...Or maybe it's not adorable, maybe YOU'RE hiding something!

I've got my eye on you, remember that.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:13 am 

I wonder if I posted my name again if people would notice this time. Or would it be unimportant compared to the meme train?

Might have to test that again at some point soon.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:20 am 

Dr. Fauci testified yesterday that ge would not bd surprised if we got to 100K new cases per day.

It seems that on our current trajectory we are headed for the worst case scenario. Makes sense why everyone else is banning US travelers.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:40 am 

so, my war with the Phoenicians ended after I conquered 6 of their cities,then Manchester revolted and so i took it over too. Right now i'm waiting to see how England's attack on the Antioch city state goes,if they somehow take it over,then i'll declare war,but since they have had it under siege for the last 20 i think turns,i'm not concerned.

I'm more focused on cleaning up the radiation and repairing cities.

The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon wrote:
The secret of this format is in not breaking it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:36 am 

@poet

Just want to offer encouragement. Reading ur stuff and entertained; so want you to know the content is appreciated. But honestly don’t have much to say to some of them after reading.

————————————-

On a more general note, it feels like the last week or so is the end of the thread as we know it. And I guess I feel fine. I certainly feel better.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:25 pm 

I have not played Animal Crossing since May. The clickbait media surrounding thd game has somehow gotten even lazier. I blame all the good journalists getting bored bc Nintendo has been letting the game starve since mid April and is just now doing an extremely minor update tomorrow. So all the serious players went back to previous, actually finished games in the series and there doesn’t seem to be the interest left to merit somewhat competent articles on the new update.

Basically I blame a mixture of Nintendo and human nature.

Edit: just finished a great XCOM 2 campaign on legendary. Won and only 1 forum member died.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:53 pm 

Who died?!

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:03 pm 

Ghislaine Maxwell I imagine at some point.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:05 pm 

generalissimo francisco franco is still dead.

Sheldon wrote:

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:08 pm 

Sheldon wrote:

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 360, 361, 362, 363, 364, 365, 366 ... 368  Next