It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 37  Next
 Post subject: Re: Off Topic Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:01 pm 

Yes. Because flying giant easily detected birds into the middle of enemy airspace; which that enemy controls with wyvern-like beings and lord knows what else; is a foolproof plan that could not possibly end in disaster. Right up there with sending a hobbit in to steal the crown jewels out from under a sleeping dragon; and everyone from the former Lake Town knows how that ended up.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:03 pm 

Hint to anyone who doesn't: It ended up like Barney's rice cooker.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:08 pm 

It blews up

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:13 pm 

Technically it was just a catastrophic fire. Blowing up implies shrapnel.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:18 pm 

Proof

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:41 pm 

Lol, I miss both those guys so much

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:29 pm 

Identity: ItsreallyDJ0045
Preferred Pronoun Set: I'm male, lol!
Loving the Swedish subtitles, lol.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:32 am 

The clip is from the 1990's; so that is in fact the top result I got on the you of the tubes. Didn't look far past the top 5 though.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:12 am 

divinevert wrote:
The little stick says I got baby #2 on the way

Congrats on baby Liam!!
:party::party::party:

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:18 am 

Tried FNAF VR. Regret everything.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:44 pm 

I loved Resident Evil VII VR, Skyrim VR and Gran Tourismo VR. All of them high quality experiences with the exception of one environment in Skyrim (the Soul Cairn) that I couldn't play for more than 15 Minutes before getting dizzy.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:10 am 

Skyrim is probably the best VR experience I've played out of the dozen or so I own. And it let's you do things that aren't physically possible in normal Skyrim, which adds a really cool new feel to the game.

Borderlands 2 is actually on the "meh" side; but that's because they didn't do the DLC and by this point the base game for Borderlands 2 by itself without the post-game DLC has become more stale than Skyrim. It's also not really a game designed for single player, which really really hurts the VR version.

I liked RE7 better without the VR to be honest. Doesn't mean the VR was bad. I'm happy I played through it once that way. But horror games in general seem to suffer from the VR format for me. This is probably more of a problem with the direction the genre has taken more than the technology itself though. FNAF VR is the peak epitomy of this problem lol.

Beat Saber is not my kind of music to be frank.

Certain games designed specifically for VR (with full spherical movement and everything) are really really good. Astro Bot and Moss come to mind.

Superhot is also a fantastic VR experience.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:23 pm 

Apparently D&D does not have a Gnomish god of heavy artillery. There isn't even a god with enough uncontested dominion over it for me to role-play something up. People made solid arguments for invention, entropy, and mining; which fall under three separate parts of the pantheon.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:00 am 

So - Endgame on digital download tomorrow. Time to rewatch.

Anyone watching it for the first time?

The NSA is the only branch of government that actually listens to people.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:49 am 

Haven’t seen it

I saw new Spider-Man on the weekend and it was great. So funny

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:47 am 

Haven’t seen it

I saw new Spider-Man on the weekend and it was great. So funny

Me neither.

The wife and I have been watching them all in chronological order though, over the last month. So we’ll be watching Infinity War and End Game Tuesday and then Wednesday. Most of the movies have been pretty fun, with a couple notable exceptions - I’m still mad they managed to make one of my favorite actresses into a completely awful character (looking at you Captain Marvel).

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:58 am 

oh man, I saw Captain Marvel last week for the first time and really liked it. I'm SUPER attracted to Brie Larson though and I think that's 99.9% of the reason i liked the movie.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:28 am 

oh man, I saw Captain Marvel last week for the first time and really liked it. I'm SUPER attracted to Brie Larson though and I think that's 99.9% of the reason i liked the movie.

I was expecting something more than just an attractive actress running around being attractive. The Captain Marvel story is one of the weakest out of all the Marvel movies - I just watched them all. That said, I can get how you might like the movie, just based on her - no judgement here, lol.

That said, super attractive Brie Larson = Scott Pilgrim Brie Larson, not Captain Marvel Brie Larson, IMO. (I think the movie gave her every other super power, but somehow managed to take away her one real-life super power).

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:44 am 

yeah, I did find she was a bit of a brawler in this, but I know nothing of Captain Marvel. What's her real-life super power that they skipped?

i laughed more in Spiderman though. Can't believe how good the humour was used there. My kind of awkward. Like when the black teacher leans in super inappropriately to be in the picture on the gondola? I think i was the only one in the theatre laughing. I love that actor/comedian from Curb anyway. He speaks so fast it's hard to catch all his jokes but on the plane he says something like, "ok, you take the first shift watching the kids, I'm gonna take an Ambien" lol, which means he's totally gonna sleep through the entire flight and miss his shift.

but honestly this was the first one which made me understand why Peter likes MJ. Every other one is only cuz she's cute. But in this one, you get why he digs her. It's a MUCH better female character.

edit: lol, I just remembered you haven't seen the new Spiderman yet. Sorry about that. None of that is spoilers or anything

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:55 am 

LOL perfect 10K comment
Ps: captain marvel is the girl in Scott pilgrim!!! I love her too haven't seeing the movie tho... I never liked those super hyper mega powerful heroes... On the other hand Gal Gadot is Tha best! I have a HUUUGe crush on her

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 37  Next