It is currently Sat May 08, 2021 5:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:49 pm 

Bant Decklists

Blue Cards

Green Cards

White Cards

Multi-Colour Cards

Colourless Cards

Non-Basic Lands

Last edited by Garren_Windspear on Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:42 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:07 pm 

1st attempt at a Bant deck. My goal was to achieve a balance between offense and defense by utilizing creatures with reknown, blue control spells, and vigilance to make this a good counter-attack deck.

Defenders of Bant

Creatures: 20

Topan Freeblade x4
Sunblade Elf x3
Dauntless River Marshal x3
Valeron Wardens x3
Citadel Castellan x3
Rhox Maulers x2
Soul-Blade Djinn x2

Instants/Sorceries: 18

Disperse x4
Fog x4
Anchor to the Aether x3
Calculated Dismissal x3
Displacement Wave x2
Knightly Valor x2

Lands: 24

Sunpetal Grove x2
Glacial Fortress x2
Hinterland Harbor x2
Simic Guildgate x4
Azorius Guildgate x4
Selesnya Guildgate x4
Forest x2
Plains x2
Island x2

My main concern is that without reknown being activated, my creatures will be a bit weak. I'm trying figure out if I should add Outland Colossus (x2) for added power and toughness.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:11 pm 

Spinotech wrote:
1st attempt at a Bant deck. My goal was to achieve a balance between offense and defense by utilizing creatures with reknown, blue control spells, and vigilance to make this a good counter-attack deck.

Defenders of Bant

Sunblade Elf x3
Topan Freeblade x4
Valeron Wardens x3
Citadel Castellan x3
Rhox Maulers x2
Soulblade Djinn x2

Disperse x4
Fog x4
Anchor to the Aether x3
Calculated Dismissal x3
Displacement Wave x2
Knightly Valor x2

Sunpetal Grove x2
Glacial Fortress x2
Hinterland Harbor x2
Simic Guildgate x4
Azorius Guildgate x4
Selesnya Guildgate x4
Forest x2
Plains x2
Island x2

My main concern is that without reknown being activated, my creatures will be a bit weak. I'm trying figure out if I should add Outland Colossus (x2) for added power and toughness.

The chances of you getting an early 2/2 for 1 off Sunblade Elf seems pretty low in this deck.
I don't see Fog accomplishing much here.
I also can't imagine Displacement Wave being that great since you are the creature deck. Better sideboarded for token strategies.
I can't imagine Knightly Valor being good in a constructed setting.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:35 pm 

Spinotech wrote:

Defenders of Bant

Sunblade Elf x3
Topan Freeblade x4
Valeron Wardens x3
Citadel Castellan x3
Rhox Maulers x2
Soulblade Djinn x2

Disperse x4
Fog x4
Anchor to the Aether x3
Calculated Dismissal x3
Displacement Wave x2
Knightly Valor x2

Sunpetal Grove x2
Glacial Fortress x2
Hinterland Harbor x2
Simic Guildgate x4
Azorius Guildgate x4
Selesnya Guildgate x4
Forest x2
Plains x2
Island x2

The chances of you getting an early 2/2 for 1 off Sunblade Elf seems pretty low in this deck.
I don't see Fog accomplishing much here.
I also can't imagine Displacement Wave being that great since you are the creature deck. Better sideboarded for token strategies.
I can't imagine Knightly Valor being good in a constructed setting.

For Sunblade Elf I wanted an early drop, albeit a rare one. I was thinking his ability to buff other creatures would help for a late game offensive, but the odds of pulling it off are remote. I suppose I could replace it with Undercity Troll for more reknown.

Fog I wanted to ward off large-scale attacks and to lead into a counter-offensive against the opponent's tapped creatures. Now that I think about it though, it wouldn't be too much of a problem with the vigilance creatures in the deck. Maybe I'll switch it out for Titanic Growth.

Displacement Wave I wanted for a late-game offensive to temporarily remove the opponent's weaker creatures. With Soul-Blade Djinn my creatures could be buffed as well.

I kinda wanted knightly valor for added vigilance. Or would the Topan Freebladed and Citadel Castellans be sufficient?

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:42 pm 

You are the midrange creature deck.
If your opponent is attacking into you (unless aggro), you're probably doing something wrong.
I think your biggest problems are getting your creatures through. Wildsize is significantly better for this than Titanic Growth.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:59 am 

Bant isn't getting much love so far with Origins, but I'm pretty happy with the deck I've built. My favorite deck from Magic 2015 was Hakeem's (actually, many of Hakeem's decks) Bant Control deck, so I've tried to re-create it using the limited tools we have in Origins so far. Little bit tough to get it going - that's why there's so much mana fixing and scrying, but once it's rolling it's tough to beat. Suggestions are welcome, particularly around solving the mana base and curve.

This is a slow deck, but can withstand quite a bit of aggro. If thopters get off to a great start, you can be in trouble if you don`t have a displacement wave in hand.

4 x Plains
4 x Island
3 x Forest
2 x Hinterland Harbor
2 x Glacial Fortress
2 x Sunpetal Grove
3 x Azorius Guildgate
2 x Selesnya Guildgate
2 x Simic Guildgate

1 x Kytheon, Hero of Akros

1 x Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
4 x Gatecreeper Vine
4 x Elvish Visionary
4 x Celestial Flare
4 x Telling Time

1 x Nissa, Vastwood Seer
3 x Bounding Krasis

1 x Archangel of Tithes
3 x Thunderclap Wyvern

2 x Tragic Arrogance
4 x Angelic Edict

1 x Alhammarret, High Arbiter

Thoughts:

I`m not 100% positive Archangel of Tithes is a good fit here - considering the 3 white requirement in a tri-colored deck. But the effect is great at stalling opponents, and backed up with a wyvern or two, it becomes a serious threat. Might make sense to swap out for Alhammarret, High Arbiter but the 7 mana cost...

Why Jace, Vryn's Prodigy - the draw and discard feature is useful in getting set up, and the emblem simply creates a lot of pressure on the opponent by the time it comes online. The -2 power is also welcome while we get set up.

I'm still messing around, and considering pulling out the 3 x Sigiled Starfish and 1 x Displacement Wave in exchange for 4 x Celestial Flare which would help clear off early threats or nasties like Primal Huntbeast and Gaea's Revenge. I do love the body on the starfish, and the scry is really, really valuable at the beginning rounds of the game where we`re still vulnerable.

Tragic Arrogance - 1 copy might be enough. But I want to make sure I wind up with one not too late in the game.

Last edited by Ballz on Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:49 am, edited 5 times in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:02 am 

Just quote my post so you can see how to use deck and card tags. Here is how you do a deck:

2 x Plains
2 x Island
2 x Swamp
2 x Mountain
2 x Forest
1 x Progenitus

And here's how to do an individual card:

Cruel Edict

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:12 am 

Hakeem928 wrote:
Just quote my post so you can see how to use deck and card tags. Here is how you do a deck:

2 x Plains
2 x Island
2 x Swamp
2 x Mountain
2 x Forest
1 x Progenitus

And here's how to do an individual card:

Cruel Edict

Great! Thank you :)

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:45 am 

Played a few more matches with the deck. It's strong, but found a big weakness against Gruul type ramp decks with any combination of Evolutionary Leap, Elemental Bond, and Infectious Bloodlust, so I've made the following changes:

-3 Sigiled Starfish, -2 Displacement Wave, -4 Inspiration
+ 4 Celestial Flare, +4 Calculated Dismissal, +1 Alhammarret, High Arbiter

Hopefully this adds more of a control element in exchange for some card draw and scry. The scry wasn't really necessary as there's no real dead draws in the deck.

Also, a duhhhhh moment when I realized Displacement Wave is a total nonbo with planeswalkers. Since there's three in the deck, Displacement Wave is gone.

Also updated the mana base to reflect changes.

4 x Plains
4 x Island
3 x Forest
2 x Hinterland Harbor
2 x Glacial Fortress
2 x Sunpetal Grove
3 x Azorius Guildgate
2 x Selesnya Guildgate
2 x Simic Guildgate

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:12 am 

I would like to make a Bant enchantment control deck with Suppression Bonds and Claustrophobia in synergy with Sigil of the Empty Throne.

Will give it a shot when I get home and update this post with the deck if it is any good.

Okay here is where I'm at:

3 x Runed Servitor
2 x Herald of the Pantheon
3 x Gatecreeper Vine
2 x Evolutionary Leap
3 x Blessed Sprits
1 x Nissa, Vastwood Seer
2 x Claustrophobia
2 x Artificer's Epiphany
2 x Inspiration
2 x Whirler Rogue
3 x Thunderclap Wyvern
4 x Suppression Bonds
3 x Zendikar's Roil
2 x Sigil of the Empty Throne
1 x Thopter Spy Network
1 x Tragic Arrogance

Lands:
5 x Island
5 x Forest
6 x Plains
3 x Evolving Wilds
2 x Foundry of the Consuls
One of each rare land

So far the land seems to work pretty well and each game can play out differently but still strong and I have beaten the AI 7 times in a row and won 2 ranked duels.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:56 pm 

:hand:

Imo there is no way that those rogues/networks and claustros will hit reliably on curve if needed, or even close to that with that few blue sources; If i'm not mistaken you are lacking about 6 blue sources, even if we take the vines into account. Did you test it further ? I do understand that you don't ALWAYS have to play those cards on curve, but imo in this deck that's neither here nor there. We are talking about your removal package and board stabilizers here.

I'm not very good at magic, but I would start by cutting the foundry of the consuls for islands.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:04 pm 

yalldaball wrote:
:hand:

Imo there is no way that those rogues/networks and claustros will hit reliably on curve if needed, or even close to that with that few blue sources; If i'm not mistaken you are lacking about 6 blue sources, even if we take the vines into account. Did you test it further ? I do understand that you don't ALWAYS have to play those cards on curve, but imo in this deck that's neither here nor there. We are talking about your removal package and board stabilizers here.

I'm not very good at magic, but I would start by cutting the foundry of the consuls for islands.

The Rogues and Network are just adding to the air squadron power that is the creature attack I have gone with and they don't need to be on curve Especially network which is just a enchant trigger. This deck aims to win in the air and lock down the opposition with enchants. It can also have ground power with Roil tokens. Don't forget the wild lands can also search for islands, so far I haven't really had too much land screw issue with it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:20 pm 

This link would explain my worries with your manabase better than I ever could, although i'm glad to hear your deck runs well:

http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/frank-analysis-how-many-colored-mana-sources-do-you-need-to-consistently-cast-your-spells/

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:22 am 

Thinking that way hurts the brain, I just play and if not having the right land costs me a game I will make adjustments.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:54 pm 

So here we go! My first attempt of a deck in Origins :D

The deck is an control/enchantment deck I've tested it a bit and the results seem promising.

Here is where it is currently at:

2 x Perilous Myr
4 x Gatecreeper Vine
4 x Grasp of the Hieromancer
3 x Telling Time
3 x Disperse
3 x Blessed Spirits
4 x Heliod's Pilgrim
3 x Jhessian Thief
1 x Nissa, Vastwood Seer
2 x Reclamation Sage
4 x Claustrophobia
2 x Suppression Bonds

Lands:
5 x Plains
5 x Island
3 x Forest
2 x Hinterland Harbor
2 x Glacial Fortress
2 x Sunpetal Grove
2 x Azorius Guildgate

Like I said so far the testing has been good and the deck is really fun to play. I only sometimes struggle with the crazy aggro decks.

If you like it take it out for a spin and let me know how it goes
As always any feedback is greatly appreciated :)

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:58 am 

Not a lot of love for bant :(
Here is a little update on the enchantment deck I made.
I've still been struggling against agro decks and lets face it there are a lot of agro decks out there so I made a couple of changes to cope with them. I also noticed that the mana curve was too heavy on the 3 drops so I changed it a bit.
I think that the deck runs better now and seems to be getting there.

Changes:
Out: 3x Telling time, 2x Perilous Myr, 1x Blessed Spirits, 1x Claustrophobia, 1x Plains, 1x Island
In: 3x Sigiled Starfish, 1x Evolutionary Leap, 1x Archangel of Tithes, 1x Hixus, Prison Warden, 1x Willbreaker, 2x Azorius Guildgate

Updated list:

3 x Sigiled Starfish
4 x Gatecreeper Vine
1 x Evolutionary Leap
4 x Grasp of the Hieromancer
3 x Disperse
2 x Blessed Spirits
4 x Heliod's Pilgrim
3 x Jhessian Thief
1 x Nissa, Vastwood Seer
2 x Reclamation Sage
3 x Claustrophobia
1 x Archangel of Tithes
1 x Hixus, Prison Warden
2 x Suppression Bonds
1 x Willbreaker

Lands:
4 x Plains
4 x Island
3 x Forest
2 x Hinterland Harbor
2 x Glacial Fortress
2 x Sunpetal Grove
4 x Azorius Guildgate

Not too sure about the Hixus, Prison Warden maybe Displacement Wave or Tragic Arrogance would be better. What do you guys think? Any feedback would be great :)

Like this post

Post subject: Bant Enchantments
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:25 am 

Bant is one of my favorite colors and considering there really isnt much in terms of our current card pool, this is what I came up with. Funny how i did too, my gf wanted me to make her a Bant deck, so i threw this together and surprisingly, its done quite well. Im no expert builder (although i am rank 40 currently if that counts for anything) so feel free to chime in. Also, this is my first post, i know im suppose to tag the cards a specific way but i dont know how. Currently, ive played this deck on Xbox One and out of 20 or so games, ive lost maybe 2/3 to aggro decks.

This is a Combo deck, Typically you want to stall the board until your able to drop Sigil or Zendikars roil, followed by Valor of Akros. From there, each land will give you a creature token, in turn, triggering Akros and pumping your dudes. Kytheon is added for control as far as making opponents swing at him with their strongest creature (once hes a planeswalker) and chump blocking it with zendikar tokens. In turn, leaving that creature tapped on your turn to swing in for massive amounts of damage.

Green:
Animist's Awakening x1
Elvish Visionary x4
Nissa, Vastwood Seer x1
Elemental Bond x2
Nissa's Pilgrimage x3
Zendikar's Roil x3
Woodland Bellower x1

Blue:
Telling Time x3
Disperse x4
Inspiration x4
Alhammarret, High Arbiter x2

White:
Kytheon, Hero of Akros x1
Valor of Akros x2
Sigil of the Empty throne x2

Multicolored:
Bounding Krasis x3

Lands:
Plains x3
Islands x5
Forests x6
Hinterland Harbor x2
Glacial Fortress x2
Sunpetal Grove x2
Evolving Wilds x4

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:55 am 

Bant is one of my favorite colors and considering there really isnt much in terms of our current card pool, this is what I came up with. Funny how i did too, my gf wanted me to make her a Bant deck, so i threw this together and surprisingly, its done quite well. Im no expert builder so feel free to chime in. Also, this is my first post, i know im suppose to tag the cards a specific way but i dont know how. Currently, ive played this deck on Xbox One and out of 20 or so games, ive lost maybe 2/3 to aggro decks.

This is a Combo deck, Typically you want to stall the board until your able to drop Sigil or Zendikars roil, followed by Valor of Akros. From there, each land will give you a creature token, in turn, triggering Akros and pumping your dudes. Kytheon is added for control as far as making opponents swing at him with their strongest creature (once hes a planeswalker) and chump blocking it with zendikar tokens. In turn, leaving that creature tapped on your turn to swing in for massive amounts of damage. Nissa is here for lands for Zendikar or Creature to trigger Akros.

Green:
Animist's Awakening x1
Elvish Visionary x4
Nissa, Vastwood Seer x1
Elemental Bond x2
Nissa's Pilgrimage x3
Zendikar's Roil x3
Woodland Bellower x1

Blue:
Telling Time x3
Disperse x4
Inspiration x4
Alhammarret, High Arbiter x2

White:
Kytheon, Hero of Akros x1
Valor of Akros x2
Sigil of the Empty throne x2

Multicolored:
Bounding Krasis x3

Lands:
Plains x3
Islands x5
Forests x6
Hinterland Harbor x2
Glacial Fortress x2
Sunpetal Grove x2
Evolving Wilds x4

Last edited by GRIZZLYx11B on Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:23 am 

Identity: Dweller In The Dark
Yay! Better!

Xbox Live: The Lockhammer

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:41 am 

Identity: guy
Looks like an interesting deck Grizzly, I'm not too sure however why you're using Elemental Bond.

Zendikar's Roil doesn't trigger it and only the Woodland Bellower, Alhammaret, High Arbiter and the Bounding Krasis do.
That's six cards in total, meaning that 10% of your deck actually activates the card. It's too bad the roil doesn't make 3/3s otherwise it would probably be a good addition.

EDIT: Forgot about Sigil of the empty throne, but I still think you should cut it as well as Sigil. I guess that kind of ruins the purpose of making an enchantment deck though LOL.

One card I do recommend for card draw is Evolutionary leap. I personally love the card and you can make good use of those 1/1 Elvish Visionarys after they've drawn you a card.
Another card that could be good in this deck is Gatecreeper Vine. Gets you a land and makes a good target for Leap if you decide to run it.

Animist's Awakening is probably the worst rare green card we have at the moment, the times I've used it for testing it was not very succesful, hitting 2 land while paying 8 mana is not fun even in a combo deck like yours. Maybe I've just had rotten luck, but I'm going to play something else thank you.

A card you could add instead of the Elemental Bond and Animist's Awakening are three copies of Reclamation sage.
There's a lot of powerful enchantments being used in the current meta and they're good targets for tutoring with the Woodland Bellower.

I am by no means a magic expert, so maybe I'm giving terrible advice, but those are the changes I would make.

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next