It is currently Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:54 pm 

Identity: Male
so more midrangy then control? mm okay maybe. I feel like golgari would fill the role better though

Definitely more midrange. Early green ramp + mid game white control + fat colorless Eldrazi as finishers.

Something in the same neighborhood as the deck that finished 39th at SCG Indianapolis.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:55 pm 

cool deck yeah stasis snare especially is a card I'm looking forward too

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:20 pm 

WeCoexist wrote:
Got to rank 40 tonight with this list after a big 7 game win streak. The might of the masses was a really good addition @megabeast

1 x Kytheon, Hero of Akros
3 x Elite Vanguard
3 x Consul's Lieutenant
3 x Sunblade Elf
2 x Might of the Masses
4 x Topan Freeblade
4 x Grasp of the Hieromancer
2 x Nimbus Wings
3 x Valeron Wardens
3 x Citadel Castellan
3 x WildSize
1 x Archangel of Tithes
2 x Kytheon's Irregulars
2 x Outland Colossus

10 x Plains
6 x Forest
2 x Evolving Wilds
2 x Sunpetal Grove
4 x Selesnya Guildgate

After playing this deck a bunch and testing different things in the might of the masses slot like the Chorus of Might
It seems like this deck can be pretty competitive. It curves out pretty well and the amount of enchantments seem right. If you get some of your creatures renowned and slap an enchantment or two on them they become really stick and resilient to most board wipes. Also it's a lot of fun imo :)

Steam name: WeCoexist

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:51 pm 

Is that your final list? How did you like Chorus of Might?

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:15 pm 

Is that your final list? How did you like Chorus of Might?

Ya the final list is the one in the quote with the might of the masses

The Chorus of Might ended up being a bit too slow and high costed. The thing i like most about might of the masses is that it's 1 mana so you can fit it in early turns well, so it helps to deal with slower decks anti aggro creatures or just other aggro decks. There are some games where you might have only 3 mana to work with the entire game and chorus of the might is just unplayable when you need it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:31 am 

Looks like a strong deck. The only thing that feels like it's missing is Undercity Troll....maybe swap those for Consul's Lieutenant.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:27 am 

WeCoexist, how often does Valeron Wardens draw you a card? Is it really worth? Does Elite Vanguard deal a lot of damage in your games? Did you try Suntail Hawk?

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:36 pm 

Auunj wrote:
WeCoexist, how often does Valeron Wardens draw you a card? Is it really worth? Does Elite Vanguard deal a lot of damage in your games? Did you try Suntail Hawk?

It actually draws card's for me pretty often which becomes a pseudo engine to keep you rolling when you dump your hand. and once its a 3/5 its really difficult to deal with unless they still have a reave soul or something like that. The elite vanguard usually gets in about 4-6 damage on average per game if i get it on turn 1. The buff's make that thing really annoying if you don't draw into your bigger creatures. Also no I haven't tried Suntail Hawk but I will now :p
Left4Doner wrote:
Looks like a strong deck. The only thing that feels like it's missing is Undercity Troll....maybe swap those for Consul's Lieutenant.

I tested undercity troll in the original version and it was really underwhelming, and the regeneration effect wasn't doing too much so i cut it out along with some other things to fit in the might of the masses and something else that i forget now.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:46 am 

Dominantly White Selesnya Renown

Creature: 30
1 x Kytheon, Hero of Akros
3 x Anointer of Champions
3 x Consul's Lieutenant
4 x Topan Freeblade
4 x Stalwart Aven
3 x Valeron Wardens
3 x Reclamation Sage
3 x Citadel Castellan
1 x Archangel of Tithes
2 x Kytheon's Irregulars
3 x Patron of the Valiant

Instant: 3
3 x Reprisal

Enchantment: 4
4 x Grasp of the Hieromancer

Land: 23
15 x Plains
6 x Forest
2 x Sunpetal Grove

Similar to a deck I posted a while back that I had tossed together for fun. But this is more refined and just better than the last one IMO. Cut 2x Relic Seeker and the equipment for 4x Grasp of the Hieromancer. Took out the 2x Tragic Arrogance which made room for 2x Kytheon's Irregulars. I also cut 1 land and 2x Knight of the White Orchid to add in 3x Reclamation Sage because enchants are frustrating to play against.

I'm not entirely sure I like cutting the Tragic Arrogance completely from the deck but honestly more often than not it's been a dead card. I do like how it wins games I'd otherwise certainly lose though. Maybe can run it as a 1 of but then the chances of me actually having it when I need it is pretty slim. Ugh.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:57 am 

Identity: American Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: Not a SJW...you have been warned.
OK, as I stated over in the Azban thread, I've been working on a Selesnya deck. First off, I'll post the decklist.

Nissa's Eldrazi

1 x Nissa, Vastwood Seer
3 x Retreat to Kazandu
4 x Nissa's Pilgrimage
4 x Natural Connection
2 x Retreat to Emeria
2 x From Beyond
1 x Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
2 x Planar Outburst
2 x Tragic Arrogance
3 x Angelic Edict
1 x Greenwarden of Murasa
1 x Oblivion Sower
2 x Nissa's Renewal
1 x Gaea's Revenge
2 x Nissa's Revelation
1 x Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
2 x Desolation Twin

6 x Plains
12 x Forest
2 x Canopy Vista
2 x Sunpetal Grove
4 x Evolving Wilds

OK, this has also been a pretty fun deck. Played about 8-9 games against the AI, won 6 of them. Stupid bounce. However, went 4-1 against humans, with my loss because I can't read Tragic Arrogance. Oops.

Here's a screenshot of one of the matches:

Spoiler

Here's a second screenshot:

Spoiler

So tonight I went against Golgari Control, Golgari Elves, some Mardu contraption (he got stuck on lands for a turn, didn't really do much even when he got some), some Azorius deck, a fat-stack Gruul deck I lost to (due to the aforementioned lack of reading skills), and another Gruul deck.

Anyways, give this beast a whirl and give me a shout on your thoughts and record of success/failure.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:08 am 

I love this deck Kryder. I love laughing in aggro's stupid derpy face.

Screenshot: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=560248768

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:17 am 

I love this deck Kryder. I love laughing in aggro's stupid derpy face.

Screenshot: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=560248768

Haha, that's hysterical! Did the opponent hang around until the end?

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:02 am 

Yea, they threw a Fiery Impulse at Ulamog in spite as you can see by the 3 damage he took. Also shows that weird visual bug where the last exiled card in their exile pile half hides under your deck (mountain in this case).

I prefer the Abzan version atm, but this is still pretty funny. I think unless you got a RDW god draw, you aren't really going to beat this deck with aggro alone. Too much ramp, too many options to draw upon for lifegain.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:31 am 

@Kryder ahahaha this deck is nuts wtf man gj making this :thumbsup:

it's great and fun, great fun :D

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:51 am 

@Kryder This deck is awesome ! Thanks for sharing with us , love it <3

:cloud9:EDIT : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=560493887

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:28 pm 

Another screenshot of ridiculousness...

Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:17 pm 

My deck box on Magic Duels Helper - https://www.magicduelshelper.com/deckbo ... tGo%20Blue

My YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/DanielCovertGoBlueWagner

Love to HolyCrap_WOTF for the badge

Last edited by CovertGo Blue on Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:07 pm 

@Kryder

I made almost the exact same deck . It was the first deck i made for BFZ actually, thought i was the only one using such a deck ! Its quite fun especially when your enchantments get going, the synergy is off the charts. My deck does have some differences, more specifically I have offshoots , roils , Emeria Shepherd , and oblivion sower in the deck as well.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:26 pm 

Light wrote:
@Kryder

I made almost the exact same deck . It was the first deck i made for BFZ actually, thought i was the only one using such a deck ! Its quite fun especially when your enchantments get going, the synergy is off the charts. My deck does have some differences, more specifically I have offshoots , roils , Emeria Shepherd , and oblivion sower in the deck as well.

Look again...I play Oblivion Sower.

I also started out with that list, but I cut it back. The Shepherd wasn't needed when I finished since I didn't have much to bring back, Roils are OK, but not fantastic. The offshoots are really good, but they lose value really quickly after turn 5-6 and I just put in more ramp instead.

I prefer the Azban version over this one simply because it has more card advantage and more reliable card draw. Both this and the Azban versions are running about 60-70% win rate, which is pretty darn good.

Covert, first off, welcome back.

Secondly, that decklist seems awfully light on land. Have you switched over to Steam and tried this or is this theorycrafting?

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:53 pm 

Kryder wrote:
Light wrote:
@Kryder

Look again...I play Oblivion Sower.

I also started out with that list, but I cut it back. The Shepherd wasn't needed when I finished since I didn't have much to bring back, Roils are OK, but not fantastic. The offshoots are really good, but they lose value really quickly after turn 5-6 and I just put in more ramp instead.

I prefer the Azban version over this one simply because it has more card advantage and more reliable card draw. Both this and the Azban versions are running about 60-70% win rate, which is pretty darn good.

Covert, first off, welcome back.

Secondly, that decklist seems awfully light on land. Have you switched over to Steam and tried this or is this theorycrafting?

Theory, waiting on the iOS version and it could be a while, I will start testing with PAPER later tonight.

Light on land, yeah, it could be. Eyeless watcher, Pilgrimage, Gatecreeper, From Beyond and Renewal should make up for it but if I am missing land drop seven more than 2 in ten times I'll have to change it up.

My deck box on Magic Duels Helper - https://www.magicduelshelper.com/deckbo ... tGo%20Blue

My YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/DanielCovertGoBlueWagner

Love to HolyCrap_WOTF for the badge

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next