It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:15 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 11, 2013
Posts: 1261
:b::u::g: Sultai :b::u::g:


:b::u::g: Multicoloured Card List :b::u::g:


:b::b::b: Black Card List :b::b::b:


:u::u::u: Blue Card List :u::u::u:


:g::g::g: Green Card list :g::g::g:


Colourless Card List


Non-Basic Land Card List


Note: Please mark decks as "Premium" if you use Premium cards in your deck builds. Thank you.

If I left anything out or you see any errors please let me know.

Source: Atharva's Decklists & Strategies Thread

_________________
iOS Username: minddrifter
Steam Profile Name: minddrifter
BattleTag: minddrifter#1397
NGA: Formerly known as "Nebula"


Last edited by minddrifter on Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:32 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Jul 13, 2014
Posts: 139
Three-colored version of a Simic bounce deck (repost from there) :

Here's Da Combo ! :
Lands (24):
8x Island
6x Forest
2x Swamp
4x Simic Guildgate
2x Golgari Guildgate
2x Dimir Guildgate

Creatures (15):
3x Elvish Visionary
2x Quickling
3x Archaeomancer
2x Saruli Gatekeepers
2x Species Gorger
2x Rune-Scarred Demon

Spells (17):
4x Fog
2x Treasured Find
4x Voyage's End
4x Think Twice
3x Dissolve
1x Time Warp

Artifacts (4):
1x Elixir of Immortality
3x Darksteel Ingot

The plan is easy enough :
- Stall long enough by abusing etb/bounce/fog effects to draw/tutor into combo then make fun of your enemy by playing infinite turns.


Last edited by Aranthys on Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:33 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 12, 2013
Posts: 1292
Great build, can't wait to try it out, in a bit! One small thing, though is you've included 18 spells, and not 17, which brings the total card count to 61 instead of 60. It's nothing too major, and can easily be remedied by cutting an extraneous spell, I just wished to notify you is all.

_________________
Who needs good grades when you got SWAG?!?!


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:33 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Jul 13, 2014
Posts: 139
Tested the deck, indeed, had 61 cards. Corrected that by removing 1xQuickling - it's a good creature, but there's never a time where you want to have two of them in your hand, unlike other spells / creatures so I guess it's fine. Post edited to reflect that change :)

Otherwise, the deck is pretty cool ! Lots of draw power, you get to bounce left and right and counterspell key creatures until you finally get what's needed to combo into victory.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:52 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 05, 2014
Posts: 1890
You've tested the the deck ehh?

Post your results. What is your win/loss ratio so far? What kinds of decks are you bad against? Is it enough control for aggressive decks? How frequent is your combo going off? How useful is Elixir?

We wanna know everything!

_________________
InFaMoUsGeMini on Xbox & TheMorningStar on Steam | YouTube | Twitch


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:55 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 12, 2013
Posts: 1292
You've tested the the deck ehh?

Post your results. What is your win/loss ratio so far? What kinds of decks are you bad against? Is it enough control for aggressive decks? How frequent is your combo going off? How useful is Elixir?

We wanna know everything!


Agreed, we wish to know!

_________________
Who needs good grades when you got SWAG?!?!


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:09 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Jul 13, 2014
Posts: 139
Played 4 times against Planeswalker AI, won all my matches.

Decks faced were Jace (Pure blue), R/W, G/B and R/B. Seemed to do fine, but I had some very hard times against the faster decks (spent 3 turns at 1hp)

Don't like playing PvP on iPad, I'm waiting for Steam for that :D

Edit.: Elixir was useless the 4 times, but I prefer to include it just in case. At worst, it's a 5 hp heal. At best, it prevents death by no draw.

Edit2.: 5th win against Chandra. Managed to stall the game with Fog by playing it 6 consecutive turns, until finally getting enough mana to be able to bounce Archaeomancer for eternal fog.
With 2 counterspells in hand, I then stalled until I had enough mana to go infinite.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:34 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 96
Aranthys wrote:
Three-colored version of a Simic bounce deck (repost from there) :

Here's Da Combo ! :
Lands (24):
8x Island
6x Forest
2x Swamp
4x Simic Guildgate
2x Golgari Guildgate
2x Dimir Guildgate

Creatures (15):
3x Elvish Visionary
2x Quickling
3x Archaeomancer
2x Saruli Gatekeepers
2x Species Gorger
2x Rune-Scarred Demon

Spells (17):
4x Fog
2x Treasured Find
4x Voyage's End
4x Think Twice
3x Dissolve
1x Time Warp

Artifacts (4):
1x Elixir of Immortality
3x Darksteel Ingot

The plan is easy enough :
- Stall long enough by abusing etb/bounce/fog effects to draw/tutor into combo then make fun of your enemy by playing infinite turns.


I like the idea of this deck, I don't think I would play the fogs/counters/elixir game plan. I would just make it like a midrange deck, that can also combo out. You can win through attrition, but alternatively you can win through combo. Maybe I'm wrong about that, not sure.

Dosen't Cultivate interact better with your Archaeomancers, than Darksteel Ingot?

_________________
The Lion does not concern himself with the opinions of the sheep. - Tywin Lannister


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:15 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Jul 13, 2014
Posts: 139
Well, they are basically almost identical.
But since the deck is mostly blue-oriented, I thought that using colorless mana would be more consistent than requiring green mana.
Plus, the ingot is more flexible than lands color-wise.

That, and I honestly think there are way better targets for Archaeomancer than Cultivate.

Counterspells are mandatory here, since you're not really packing a lot of removal playing
Fogs. Yeah. Not sold on them either, I have to admit.

I'm actually pondering removing them altogether, and redo the deck to include Gravedigger and Flesh to Dust or Ulcerate

Something like that :
Here's Da Combo ! :
Lands (24):
7x Island
5x Forest
3x Swamp
3x Simic Guildgate
3x Golgari Guildgate
3x Dimir Guildgate

Creatures (16):
3x Elvish Visionary
3x Quickling
2x Archaeomancer
2x Saruli Gatekeepers
2x Gravedigger
2x Species Gorger
2x Rune-Scarred Demon

Spells (16):
2x Ulcerate
4x Voyage's End
4x Think Twice
3x Dissolve
1x Time Warp
2x Flesh to Dust

Artifacts (4):
1x Elixir of Immortality
3x Darksteel Ingot


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:38 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 96
Aranthys wrote:
Well, they are basically almost identical.
But since the deck is mostly blue-oriented, I thought that using colorless mana would be more consistent than requiring green mana.
Plus, the ingot is more flexible than lands color-wise.

That, and I honestly think there are way better targets for Archaeomancer than Cultivate.

Counterspells are mandatory here, since you're not really packing a lot of removal playing
Fogs. Yeah. Not sold on them either, I have to admit.

I'm actually pondering removing them altogether, and redo the deck to include Gravedigger and Flesh to Dust or Ulcerate

Something like that :
Here's Da Combo ! :
Lands (24):
7x Island
5x Forest
3x Swamp
3x Simic Guildgate
3x Golgari Guildgate
3x Dimir Guildgate

Creatures (16):
3x Elvish Visionary
3x Quickling
2x Archaeomancer
2x Saruli Gatekeepers
2x Gravedigger
2x Species Gorger
2x Rune-Scarred Demon

Spells (16):
2x Ulcerate
4x Voyage's End
4x Think Twice
3x Dissolve
1x Time Warp
2x Flesh to Dust

Artifacts (4):
1x Elixir of Immortality
3x Darksteel Ingot



Sometimes the line of play would go: Cultivate > Archeomancer, getting back Cultivate > Cast Cultivate and something else > Rune-scarred Demon, fetching Time Warp. Seven Mana can be a lot and often getting cultivate twice can be the right play to set yourself up for the combo. Cultivate is still a fine target to get twice, because casting your guys repeatedly will consume alot of mana.

I think Tribute to Hunger or Assassinate are better than Flesh to Dust, and as much as I don't like Ulcerate it's probably the best replacement for Fog or maybe a bounce spell.

_________________
The Lion does not concern himself with the opinions of the sheep. - Tywin Lannister


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:45 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Jul 13, 2014
Posts: 139
Hunger, while good, would suck here, since his "smallish" creatures would be lying around due to your own creatures. Hence, it's these he'd sacrifice first... and it's not the small creatures that are a problem for this deck, it's the bigger creatures that can't be handled by your own 2/2 creatures.

It's either Flesh to dust, or Assassinate.
I chose Flesh to dust simply because there are already a lot of 3 drops to play, and you'll draw more than enough to be able to afford 2 more mana for instant speed.
In your example, you're not doing much during three turns - turn 3, 4 and 5.

Basically :
Turn 3 : Cultivate (3 mana used, 0 left)
Turn 4 : Archaeomancer (4 mana used, 1 left)
Turn 5 : Cultivate (3 mana used, 3 mana left)

That's a lot of turns doing almost nothing but ramp. But, yeah, I guess you may sometimes need that.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:52 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 96
Aranthys wrote:
Hunger, while good, would suck here, since his "smallish" creatures would be lying around due to your own creatures. Hence, it's these he'd sacrifice first... and it's not the small creatures that are a problem for this deck, it's the bigger creatures that can't be handled by your own 2/2 creatures.

It's either Flesh to dust, or Assassinate.
I chose Flesh to dust simply because there are already a lot of 3 drops to play, and you'll draw more than enough to be able to afford 2 more mana for instant speed.
In your example, you're not doing much during three turns - turn 3, 4 and 5.

Basically :
Turn 3 : Cultivate (3 mana used, 0 left)
Turn 4 : Archaeomancer (4 mana used, 1 left)
Turn 5 : Cultivate (3 mana used, 3 mana left)

That's a lot of turns doing nothing but ramp - remember, this is NOT a ramp deck, you only have 2 fatties.


I'm comparing Cultivate to Darksteel Ingot, Cultivate is better in this case than darksteel Ingot, heck even getting a ramp and a land for after on it's own is much better. and I'm not saying you will always follow that line of play, but when you do you go off much faster than alternatively.

_________________
The Lion does not concern himself with the opinions of the sheep. - Tywin Lannister


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:56 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Jul 13, 2014
Posts: 139
That's true, yeah. I'll do some more testing tonight :D
Edit .: Darksteel Ingot has the advantage of leaving one mana open on turn 3 for Ulcerate
But yeah, overall, they both have adv/cons


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:35 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Dec 05, 2013
Posts: 1512
why aren't B/U/G decks called Urborg decks tho?


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:48 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Jan 17, 2014
Posts: 109
Are you going to want all the guild gates and travelers amulents and such before embarking on a tri deck, or can you get away with just your Darksteel Ingots?


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:30 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 30, 2013
Posts: 11647
Location: Secret Lair
why aren't B/U/G decks called Urborg decks tho?


Because people are lazy and Bug is a lazy name for BUG?

_________________
"Let strength be granted so the world might be mended. So the world might be mended."


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:20 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Jul 13, 2014
Posts: 139
Small update :
- I've removed Think Twice, and replaced it with Elvish Visionary and an additional Quickling. Together, they provide a lot of draw power.
- I've replaced the Darksteel Ingot with Cultivate
- I've removed the Elixir of Immortality and added Kozilek, Butcher of Truth. They achieve the same result (Infinite play), but at least Kozilek has inner value beside lifegain.
- I've also added 2xUndying Evil - Should work pretty well with all the ETB effects of the deck... and who doesn't want to live the dream of casting Undying Evil on a Rune-Scarred Demon ?

Here's Da Combo ! :
Lands (24):
6x Forest
5x Island
4x Swamp
3x Simic Guildgate
3x Golgari Guildgate
3x Dimir Guildgate

Creatures (18):
4x Elvish Visionary
3x Quickling
2x Archaeomancer
2x Saruli Gatekeepers
2x Gravedigger
2x Species Gorger
2x Rune-Scarred Demon
1x Kozilek, Butcher of Truth

Spells (18):
3x Ulcerate
2x Undying Evil
4x Voyage's End
3x Cultivate
3x Dissolve
1x Time Warp
2x Flesh to Dust


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:15 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 03, 2014
Posts: 1868
Location: Amonkhet
How useful is Dissolve on that build? I figure more often then not you want to cast something on your turn. I do like the idea of the deck.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:49 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Jan 17, 2014
Posts: 109
djAMPnz wrote:
I don't know, I kind of want to build a deck that makes the "Cruel Sadist + Illusionist's Bracers + Paragon of Open Graves" combo work.

I'm fiddling around with Cruel Sadist myself right now, using Doubling Season + Illusionist's Bracers to make the most out of her. I wanted to ask why you mentioned Paragon of Open Graves, though? It doesn't apply a +1/+1 counter, so all it does is make the Cruel Sadist a base 2/2.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:54 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Dec 09, 2013
Posts: 141
Overmaster wrote:
djAMPnz wrote:
I don't know, I kind of want to build a deck that makes the "Cruel Sadist + Illusionist's Bracers + Paragon of Open Graves" combo work.

I'm fiddling around with Cruel Sadist myself right now, using Doubling Season + Illusionist's Bracers to make the most out of her. I wanted to ask why you mentioned Paragon of Open Graves, though? It doesn't apply a +1/+1 counter, so all it does is make the Cruel Sadist a base 2/2.


Paragon of Open Graves confers deathtouch to Cruel Sadist so you only need to cause one damage to kill. I questioned whether deathtouch would work in such a manner but a google search seemed to suggest it would.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group