It is currently Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:50 pm 

So...the concept behind this block is fairly simple: A planeswalker discovers a heretofore unknown plane which seems to have been inhabited by intelligent species at one point, but is currently a world devoid of anything but wilderness. The planeswalker decides to make this his home plane.

Set one: The planeswalker hires groups to explore the new world, bring back information, and begin to develop colonies. Two other planeswalkers discover the first planeswalkers activities and decided to try to settle the world as their own.

This is the first sticking point...I only want three walkers in the first set, but I'm finding it difficult to splice the mana pie...I've thought of these options:

Spoiler

Outside of that...ty gave me a great idea for a core mechanic for set 1. That is: Excavate 2 (Look at the top 2 cards of your library. You may reveal a [CARD TYPE] from among them and put it into your hand. Put the remaining cards on the bottom of your library in any order.)

I want a cylce of Commons, Uncommons, and Rares. Here is the cylce of Commons I made...I don't know if I'm happy with Black though...

Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:57 pm 

Actually red gets more instants and black gets more sorceries so you can swap them around.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:28 am 

Identity: Male
I think you should think of three interesting planeswalkers first, then design the rest of the mythics around them.

I think excavate should be an ability word, and be restricted to two cards, like so:

"Excavate - When Fledgling Tinkerer enters the battlefield, look at the top two cards of your library. You may reveal an artifact card from among them and put it into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order."

"Excavate - When Beast Whisperer enters the battlefield, look at the top two cards of your library. You may reveal a nonartifact creature card from among them and put it into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order."

Solphos: Solphos | Fool's Gold | Planeswalker's Guide | The Guiding Light | The Weight of a Soul
Game design: Pokémon Tales | Fleets of Ossia: War Machines | Hunter Killer | Red Jackie's Run

Like this post