It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sithas - The Black Cards
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:53 pm 
YMtC Pro Tour Champion

For black, I wanted to push that Evil is Winning. The races are fighting to survive constantly against The Shroud and its creatures.

Black Mythics:

Spoiler

Black Rares:

Spoiler

Black Uncommons:

Spoiler

Black Commons:

Spoiler

Wow its a lot of work to post these cards. I'll get to the others as I can.

Ephemeron

Last edited by Dudibus on Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:02 am, edited 6 times in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:04 am 

Again, I'm not seeing any enchantments. And yeah, I really dislike the Ambassadors. If you need to give your Ambassadors to other people to "force" Animosity, then you've designed your Commons wrong. People in-colour should want to play their cards anyways, which should turn on Animosity naturally. If these cards existed, I would chastise people for playing them, since they give up SO MUCH by giving an Ambassador away.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:20 am 

Identity: Male
With the Call cycle that makes tokens, it should be noted that the tokens you make on resolution are not legal targets for the spell. The correct wording for that would be something like "Put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield. When you do, target creature gains deathtouch until end of turn."

Solphos: Solphos | Fool's Gold | Planeswalker's Guide | The Guiding Light | The Weight of a Soul
Game design: Pokémon Tales | Fleets of Ossia: War Machines | Hunter Killer | Red Jackie's Run

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:37 am 
YMtC Pro Tour Champion

Yarium wrote:
Again, I'm not seeing any enchantments. And yeah, I really dislike the Ambassadors. If you need to give your Ambassadors to other people to "force" Animosity, then you've designed your Commons wrong. People in-colour should want to play their cards anyways, which should turn on Animosity naturally. If these cards existed, I would chastise people for playing them, since they give up SO MUCH by giving an Ambassador away.

The enchantments thing is a bit of an issue. I did have some in there is a previous iteration of the file, but I hadn't noticed I had slowly phased them out. I'll take a good look at how to balance that out. Thanks for catching it.

The Ambassadors are a bit of a sore point with me. I can see your argument. Flavorfully it works very well for me, but mechanically not so much. Mechanically is usually where I start to fall down. I will give them some more consideration.

Ephemeron

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:38 am 
YMtC Pro Tour Champion

With the Call cycle that makes tokens, it should be noted that the tokens you make on resolution are not legal targets for the spell. The correct wording for that would be something like "Put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield. When you do, target creature gains deathtouch until end of turn."

I will update the Call cards to use the new wording. Thanks!

Ephemeron

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:04 am 
YMtC Pro Tour Champion

Calls are updated.
I've removed the rather troublesome Ambassadors and replaced them with common Auras with Resonance. They were more trouble than they are worth.
Note that Resonance might get a bit of a change since the way it is worded now it will almost never trigger in a limited environment. It might be "if there are seven cards with Resonance in your graveyard" or I am experimenting with it being bound by color "If there are three or more BLACK cards with Resonance." Not sure yet.

Sorry if I'm making you work Chk.

Ephemeron

Like this post