It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:48 am 

Don't feel too bad. I have a strange suspicion that I won't ever get this achievement to pop.

See, when AER was released for whatever reason the game up and decided to delete all of the decks I had saved...no biggie, I can rebuild them, and it saved me the trouble of deleting some stuff to make room for new decks made from cards with the new set.

What it also seemed to do though was reset all of my achievements. Well, not quite reset them, all of the ones I had unlocked already were still completed, but for whatever reason they still popped up when I completed them again. Like the one to win 10 online games. I had this completed well before this reset happened, and still had the achievement unlocked after the reset happened, but on my 10th online game after the reset I got the pop up after the game telling me I unlocked that achievement (even though it was already unlocked well before).

This leads me to believe that all of the tracking was reset back down to the original levels. Not an issue for the most part because most of the achievements I am missing are ones that can be completed in a single game (just haven't bothered building a deck specifically to get the Aura one and stuff like that).

The daily quest one is the one I am worried about though. It takes a good deal of time to get up to 500 completed, and if the game just up and decided to reset me back down to 0 after months of playing and working towards it already, Duels may be dead and gone by the time I am able to get the stupid thing done.

Xbox Gamertag: LingeringEnigma

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:37 am 

sixty4half wrote:
I'm surprised Mwuanno didn't hack the game and get this achievement on Turn 1... uh, I mean Day 1.

They left out the Elvish Piper, my hack depended on it :(

Good thing my partner-in-crime, mr xx-cost-spells-who-shall-not-be-named-but-we-all-know-who, is carrying on my legacy.

The NSA is the only branch of government that actually listens to people.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:52 am 

I wish there was a progress status for this achievement. I feel like I'm close to completing the 500 quests, but have no idea. Anyone pop this achievement lately?

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:42 pm 

Yeah, I hit it around the time they decided Duels wasn't gonna get anymore updates... Anti-climatic to say the least...

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:47 pm 

Somehow I haven't even completed 100 daily quests. I know the game locked out for a few months after release on iOS, and I take a break each time classes start... but I've been playing since release. I did notice a lot of red/green and aggro quests when the only deck I played was Esper control.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:45 am 

Identity: doesnt really matter
Preferred Pronoun Set: to me
I think this is the only achievement I haven't unlocked yet. I have no idea what my progress is... for the first couple seasons I didn't realize you needed to log out of the game on xbone to get the quest timer to reset properly and was only getting new quests every couple days...

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:32 pm 

your game was always on?

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:04 pm 

I'd just hit the home button when finished playing so the app was always "on". I thought wizards was just being stingy and encouraging peeps to buy coins that I'd only get a new quest every 2 or 3 days.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:31 pm 

so it was literally the only game you were playing on the system?? That's impressive. I always have at least 1-2 other games in the hopper so when I'd launch those, Magic would force-close and when I'd reopen, hark! New quests!

This week's white spells one is fun. I'm running Flaky's White Priveledge and it's a blast. It started with 10 game winning streak and has lost 1 or 2 since but it's still a blast. Nice quick matches. Collective Effort is TOUGH to play. My losses are always because of that card and me getting greedy with putting counters on my creatures (where I tap out to do it, or I put off playing it too late cuz I want more creatures on the board)

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:02 pm 

I played other games at times but mostly just Duels. Since my daughter was born, I haven't played many blockbuster type games - just don't have time to play for hours at a time, which is what I want to do with those kind of games. Duels is perfect for my schedule because I can play a game here and there in 10-15 mins.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:53 pm 

So, I've now won 502 versus matches and didn't get that achievement to pop either. I give up.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:04 am 

oolor13 wrote:
502 versus matches didn't get achievement. I give up.

It depends on the platform, but there've been reports of Xbox users getting the cheev onto 560 versus matches.
The overall system is screwed up.
You started at the earliest and kept playing, it'd pop earlier than expected; after some updates I guess they changed stuff and screwed some more.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:29 am 

Identity: Protozoan
Preferred Pronoun Set: Soup/Soup's/Soupself
Well, 560 to 500 is the metric conversion rate, so that all makes perfect sense.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:21 pm 

552 and counting, still hasn't popped. Math is hard.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:26 pm 

666 wins, still no achievement.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:34 pm 

666 < 500

Stainless reinventing math as we know it...

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:06 pm 

Jeez is this graveyard quest annoying. I spent all evening working on getting ten creatures out of the graveyard. I used cardboard nomads amazing Life Cums at you Fast cuz of all the Embalm. I hit 9 out of 10 creatures risen and hit the gold cap for the day. A whole evening just on that quest. I’m so mad the game stopped getting updated when we’re stuck with the graveyard quest and, even worse, the negative counters one

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:53 pm 

Identity: Walker of Planes
Preferred Pronoun Set: Anything but Dave-O
Wew, finally finished this one. Didn't start Duels till SoI release, wasn't sure I'd make it before Arena arrives.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:43 pm 

Finally got Versus Slugger achievement. It only took 788 wins instead of 500. I was beginning to think it was going to take close to 1000. Now, just the daily quest achievement remains.

Like this post