It is currently Fri May 07, 2021 2:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:55 pm 

I'm new to recording on youtube, and I am having issues. I downloaded a program called XSplit, which seems to record just fine, but it will reliably crash my game after about 10 minutes. I posted a video to my channel where it crashes at the end - all I see is the screen freeze, but I can still hear my opponent take their turn, I just can't do anything on my end. I've tried recording 5 times total and it has happened every time.

you can see it here - at the end around 9:30. The video itself is not worth watching unless you want to see a bad werewolf deck in action for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vyb5st ... e=youtu.be

Am I doing something wrong? Should I be using a different recording program? I'm concerned about recording my games for the tournament given that this has happened every time so far.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:30 pm 

Identity: American Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: Not a SJW...you have been warned.
dh50 wrote:
I'm new to recording on youtube, and I am having issues. I downloaded a program called XSplit, which seems to record just fine, but it will reliably crash my game after about 10 minutes. I posted a video to my channel where it crashes at the end - all I see is the screen freeze, but I can still hear my opponent take their turn, I just can't do anything on my end. I've tried recording 5 times total and it has happened every time.

you can see it here - at the end around 9:30. The video itself is not worth watching unless you want to see a bad werewolf deck in action for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vyb5st ... e=youtu.be

Am I doing something wrong? Should I be using a different recording program? I'm concerned about recording my games for the tournament given that this has happened every time so far.

I use obs and I have no issues with it. I would give that a try.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:32 pm 

thanks I'll try that

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:49 pm 

I had similar issue while trying to stream/record with OBS, at around 10 min point video would freeze while audio continued fine, regardless of settings.
I now use LoiLo to record games, then stream the recording via OBS if needed (since loilo cant directly stream)
there may be better options out there, that was just the first solution I found after discovering the prob during the first round of last steam showdown lol

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:51 pm 

I use FRAPS and I've never had any issues. That's about the entirety of my technical knowledge in this regard though.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:04 am 

Does no one else here have an Nvidia card? ShadowPlay comes with almost all Nvidia cards, can be operated pretty easily though GeForce Experience, and personally I've never had an issue with it crashing my game whenever I have used it, nor have I heard of that being a widespread issue.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:53 am 

Guys, just to let you know that NVidia hardware encoder produces a worse quality video than the software one at the same bitrate. So given a choice (e.g. in the OBS), use Software.

I don't own an AMD card, but that could be the case there as well.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:41 am 

Does no one else here have an Nvidia card? ShadowPlay comes with almost all Nvidia cards, can be operated pretty easily though GeForce Experience, and personally I've never had an issue with it crashing my game whenever I have used it, nor have I heard of that being a widespread issue.

Yeah, I'm using shadowplay and its simple, easy to use and no slow-downs at all. No crashes either so far.
No watermarks and best of all, its free (only for Nvidia graphics cards though and doesn't support very old cards).

Like this post