It is currently Fri May 07, 2021 1:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:09 am 

I refuse to sign up on Reddit. Consider this my second confirmation of participation since I already signed up when the question was posted previously.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:36 am 

Have to admit I'd prefer not to have to sign up for a site I will use/look at entirely once to get in on the tourney. I assume that's a sticking point for you?

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:35 am 

rabble rabble rabble

im assuming that if u just send him a deck list before the cut off including the appropriate information you are considered registered

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:56 am 

Sjokwaave wrote:
I'm on holiday for this tournament so I'm looking to hire a lackey to pilot a deck on my behalf.

I have 3 decks I'd be interested to see put through their paces in a tournament setting: all you have to do is choose one. Obviously the existing tournament rules apply, so you have to commit to the whole duration, stream or record etc. I'm also open to changes to your chosen deck if you have some valid input on it.

As payment for becoming my lickspittle I will gift you a game(s) of your choice on Steam. The cost of said game(s) will be up to $25, however for each round you progress past the swiss I will up the limit :D

If you're interested please PM me. No time wasters or people of dubious skill :evil:

Pending a test period the position of lackey has been filled :D Armed with my inferior deck building skills and distinctly average stratagems, I expect world domination will ensue.

'Where is the fighting man?
Am I he?
You would trade every truth
For hollow victories'.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:28 pm 

Identity: Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: He
I'm in if we don't have to record matches and don't need to sign up on reddit :)

Well then I guess you're not in.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:39 pm 

Thank you for organizing this Kryder!

I very much hope to be able to participate, but will need to get a few things sorted out first.

Sjokwaave, your Bant list from last time was sick. I know you've already found a lackey, but if you're interested in someone playing one of your other two builds, I'd take a close look at either list if you were to PM me :). I've got a bunch of 80% decks right now, still looking for an 85% deck like 4C Walkers was last time.

Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:41 pm 

I wish I could be sjok's lackey :( I'm STILL playing his Up the Tempo list. I think I'm on a 8-game winning streak with it. I'm a long-time fan of his deck so I should naturally get the role, save for the fact that i'm not a steamer

also i don't know how I got out of being the Keeper of Decklists but what a nice welcome surprise that was :)

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:57 pm 

I wish I could be sjok's lackey :( I'm STILL playing his Up the Tempo list. I think I'm on a 8-game winning streak with it. I'm a long-time fan of his deck so I should naturally get the role, save for the fact that i'm not a steamer

also i don't know how I got out of being the Keeper of Decklists but what a nice welcome surprise that was :)

You could always just use the deck in xbone showdown. The gains for doing so would be massive...

...my ego would skyrocket!

Am I he?
For hollow victories'.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:09 pm 

and you'd be saving me from having to pick one of my decks and very likely regretting my decision LIKE LAST TIME

your avatar alone warrants me using your deck. We'd be combining the strength of the two most powerful avatars on this site. The upside isn't even scientifically imaginable.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:43 pm 

Bringing a deck designed for the PUBs into a tournament isn't how you want to go about things. You have to play a deck that counters your expected metagame.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:18 pm 

Identity: ichthyophile
And you should expect the metagame to be decks that counter your expected metagame.

I'm also not signing up on Reddit and hope that will turn out fine.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:10 pm 

Shadow over Duelsland: Summer 2016 became known as the Sjokpuppet Summer as tournaments were infested with dozens of those lackeys. Everybody suspected their opponent of being one even when they were one themselves. Several known players flipped and emerged as sjokpuppets late in the tournament. As things got close to the finals, Sjokwave even wanted to meld two of his lackeys into one, but Old Man Kryder, the Last Hope, said "enough of this nonsense!" and forbade it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:38 pm 

Yondar wrote:
Shadow over Duelsland: Summer 2016 became known as the Sjokpuppet Summer as tournaments were infested with dozens of those lackeys. Everybody suspected their opponent of being one even when they were one themselves. Several known players flipped and emerged as sjokpuppets late in the tournament. As things got close to the finals, Sjokwave even wanted to meld two of his lackeys into one, but Old Man Kryder, the Last Hope, said "enough of this nonsense!" and forbade it.

This story would make sense except Kryder's never around to save the day. He's always out.

Am I he?
For hollow victories'.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:14 pm 

Identity: American Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: Not a SJW...you have been warned.
Sjokwaave wrote:
Yondar wrote:

This story would make sense except Kryder's never around to save the day. He's always out.

Nah, I am here...Nighthawk figured out the riddle.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:41 pm 

Hey Kryder, I messaged you on reddit earlier, asking how a certain bugged card should be handled in the tournament. But I don't think I worded it as clearly as I could, so I'd like to rephrase it. Also if you have a verdict then it would make more sense posted here so anyone can see it.

Basically oath of chandra and fevered visions are bugged, maybe other cards too. The problem is that when the trigger happens dealing 2 damage to a player or planeswalker, if you target a planeswalker the damage doesn't register right away, it only registers after the opponent activates one of it's abilities or does some other action. So for example the opponent has a planeswalker with 2 loyalty and you try to deal 2 damage to it at the end of your turn, what happens is it doesn't take the damage and during their next turn they can +1 it and bump it up to 3 loyalty, it will then take 2 damage and not die.

You posted this: "Bugged Cards - A lot of these were corrected, but some were not. Instead of going over individual cards, here's the basic rule: You, the player, will have (hopefully) been practicing with your deck for some time and know any buggy interactions that occur with the cards you have selected for your deck. Regardless of what you can do, don't do anything that is contrary to the rules of the cards/game as written. If the game forces you to do something that is contrary to the rules, make it right (ie, if you get away with casting/doing something for free and there should have been a cost, add the appropriate mana to your mana pool and let it drain at the end of the current phase)."

So I'm wondering if this interaction happens in the tournament how should the players handle it?

Option 1: Keep chat open with your opponent during the game. Inform them of the bug with oath/visions before you start just to make sure they're clear on it, and then when either does damage, type in chat where the damage is going: "oath deals 2 to gideon", "deals 2 to sorin", etc., so they will know where the damage is going (if they have multiple planeswalkers and it's not so obvious), how much loyalty their planeswalker has left or if it should be dead, and use it accordingly.

Option 2: Just say **** it and deal with it as is, if the bug happens to you too bad. Would be simpler for everyone but would suck for people who are planning to use these cards.

Edit: Well Kryder messaged me back on reddit just before I made this post, and then I totally forgot about it until now. It's just handled according to the quoted part / option 1 that I wrote. So if you're playing, have 1 planeswalker on the field, and oath/visions doesn't do damage to it or your player, you should treat your planeswalker as if the damage already happened to it. If you have 2 planeswalkers and you can't tell where the damage was supposed to go, your opponent should tell you, and you should read it before using the planeswalker in a way you're not supposed to (ie: plussing it if it should be dead, minusing it if shouldn't have enough loyalty to do so). This is what I gathered from the message, but if I'm wrong please correct me Kryder.

Last edited by RKX on Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:21 pm 

Are we supposed to send the decklist to Kryder ? I mean I'm sure you won't counter deck us or anything (right ? :P) but I think it's still good tournament conduct for the decks not to be sent to a participant ?

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:00 am 

Identity: American Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: Not a SJW...you have been warned.
Light wrote:
Are we supposed to send the decklist to Kryder ? I mean I'm sure you won't counter deck us or anything (right ? :P) but I think it's still good tournament conduct for the decks not to be sent to a participant ?

Yes, you send your decklist to me as stated in the OP on Duels Reddit. However, I won't counterdeck anyone because I won't be playing in this tournament.

Kryder

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:07 am 

I'm in if we don't have to record matches and don't need to sign up on reddit :)

Well then I guess you're not in.

...and I would be totally fine with that, just saying in case the Steam tournament needed numbers. I'm happy to battle people but don't want to deal with all the extra stuff.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:55 am 

Kryder wrote:
Light wrote:

Yes, you send your decklist to me as stated in the OP on Duels Reddit. However, I won't counterdeck anyone because I won't be playing in this tournament.

Kryder

Wait really ? How come ? It's alright you can counterdeck idgaf , just play in the tournament. :)
No but seriously that's unfortunate.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:05 am 

Identity: Male
Where do I sign up to be a sjokwave drone?

Steam name: WeCoexist

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next