It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: [A25-ICD] Stangg
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:21 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2013
Posts: 1883
Identity: Female
ImageImage

Stangg |
Legendary Creature - Human Warrior (U)
When ~ enters the battlefield, create a legendary 3/4 red and green Human Warrior creature token named Stangg Twin. Exile that token when ~ leaves the battlefield. Sacrifice ~ when the token leaves the battlefield.
3/4

Ok...didn't even know this was a card.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [A25-ICD] Stangg
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:28 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 25, 2013
Posts: 10781
Location: Kamloops, BC
Identity: Male
One of the few Legends legends to hold up today.

_________________
Cato wrote:
CotW is a method for ranking cards in increasing order of printability.

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [A25-ICD] Stangg
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:30 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 09, 2013
Posts: 5668
Location: Mountain View
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him
Cool that we get an official Stangg Token. Still don't think I want to play this in limited.

_________________
0x10


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [A25-ICD] Stangg
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:27 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 12841
Identity: Chaoslight
Preferred Pronoun Set: She
oh wow he's uncommon? 6/8 total for 6 isn't bad in limited

_________________
altimis wrote:
I never take anytihng Lily says seriously, except for when I take it personally. Then it's personal.
WotC_Ethan wrote:
People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Image


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [A25-ICD] Stangg
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:01 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 10010
Echo_Robin wrote:
Ok...didn't even know this was a card.

That's extremely fair.
Though of all the cards, I wish we could have gotten some of the higher profile legends, but...
TPmanW wrote:
One of the few Legends legends to hold up today.

This is too true of them.

_________________
At twilight's end, the shadow's crossed / a new world birthed, the elder lost.
Yet on the morn we wake to find / that mem'ry left so far behind.
To deafened ears we ask, unseen / "Which is life and which the dream?"


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [A25-ICD] Stangg
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:17 pm 
Offline
YMtC Champ '15
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 1798
Location: Indianapolis, IN
He seriously just painted the same dude twice but looking in opposite directions.

_________________
| Hoard of Notions |


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [A25-ICD] Stangg
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:59 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 16, 2014
Posts: 693
Location: Keld
Identity: Keldon
Preferred Pronoun Set: Keldon
niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

_________________
My Pauper Cube!
Derpy Casual Decks!


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [A25-ICD] Stangg
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:59 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 25, 2013
Posts: 10781
Location: Kamloops, BC
Identity: Male
Barinellos wrote:
Echo_Robin wrote:
Ok...didn't even know this was a card.

That's extremely fair.
Though of all the cards, I wish we could have gotten some of the higher profile legends, but...
...

Aren't most of them on the reserved list?

Libe wrote:
He seriously just painted the same dude twice but looking in opposite directions.

Naaw, the dude in the token has a weapon and stuff.

It's actually a little strange to think that we don't get many up close shots of legendary creatures like this. You would think that would be more normal.

_________________
Cato wrote:
CotW is a method for ranking cards in increasing order of printability.

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [A25-ICD] Stangg
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:17 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Oct 13, 2015
Posts: 2306
The color tones are also different.

A lot of Magic cards now are highly detailed, which sucks because it is often illegible at real card size.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [A25-ICD] Stangg
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:20 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 12841
Identity: Chaoslight
Preferred Pronoun Set: She
I think that's libe's point maybe? That the dude repainted the same guy but at a different angle

_________________
altimis wrote:
I never take anytihng Lily says seriously, except for when I take it personally. Then it's personal.
WotC_Ethan wrote:
People, buy more stuff.
#WotCstaff
Spoiler

Image


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group