It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:47 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Jul 21, 2014
Posts: 208
Like big globs of cloudy webs.. No, that wasn't it...

Like being smothered in layers upon layers of furs, face pushed deep into the suffocating cushions. Still not right...

Surfacing from deep underwater now, blackness receding, but eyelids too heavy to lift. Better to sleep, sink back down into the...cold? Not furs then, something metallic and cold against naked flesh, a light breeze awakening the skin with goosebumps and doing more to shift the foggy haze than the voice... What voice?

"You must wake. Swiftly now, to your feet."

Insistent...why won't it stop? A humongous effort but a slit of light admitted between iron-like lids. A silhouette of a figure, hovering over, arms moving down, gripping tightly and shaking...

"Quick now... Awaken!"

An unfamiliar face comes into focus as the slits widen. Male, human, older...sagging jowls, wisps of hair by the ears and nowhere else. Head framed by a dim, pale blue light from somewhere behind him. A homely face, especially with those intense eyes...he's wearing no clothes...why?

Nicer to close the eyes and slip down, but now there is a shudder. This man is not the only one devoid of clothing...hands go down to touch a chill metal surface underneath bare buttocks. A sharpening of the senses now. This..,whatever this is, whoever this is, wherever this is....it's all...wrong...

A returning awareness of the limbs now...fingers flex, eyes open, lips move in approximation of speaking...

"Nnnaahgh?"

Even this voice, the voice of the self, sounds strangely alien.

"What?"

The old one turns his head sharply away to look at something unseen. Is that a stone wall behind him? His face reappears, very close now...

"You must help wake the others! Now!"

_________________
Blank Slate Campaign
Blank Slate IC
Blank Slate OOC

Characters
Mirella


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:53 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 21, 2014
Posts: 8224
Location: Singapore
Identity: Male
Corinne is no stranger to the touch of cold metal. The dance of steel and death, the kiss of a polished blade: these are things she knows well. But as her mind flails in that great cruel nothingness, she finds she cannot remember why.

And she is afraid.


"Wh... Who..."

Ragged gasps. Eyes wide open, brown as a bloodspatter that refuses to dry. Corinne reaches out for something, anything that will anchor her tormented psyche. She finds no purchase. She cries--

"...Wh-what's going on!?"

_________________
Image
The format of YMtC and the Expanded Multiverse.
YMtC: My Deck of Many Things | NGA Masters | 2 | 3 | Roses of Paliano | Duel Decks: War of the Wheel | Jakkard: Wild Cards | From Maral's Vault | Taramir: The Dark Tide
Solphos: Solphos | Fool's Gold | Planeswalker's Guide | The Guiding Light | The Weight of a Soul
Game design: Pokémon Tales | Fleets of Ossia: War Machines | Hunter Killer | Red Jackie's Run


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:00 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Jul 21, 2014
Posts: 208
The middle-aged one with the jowls doesn't seem to hear Corinne. He seems strangely...unconscious of the naked woman before him. He is crouched beside her, all sense of humility about his own condition vacant. His eyes shift to the sides. Corinne groggily follows his look to reveal more naked forms, most uncoiling from a fetal position, all laying, like Corinne herself, on a singular circular disc of some sort of metal on a cavernous floor.

Corinne...

That, at least, seems familiar, but is it really her own name? The word seems familiar...even comforting...and that is the only thing that has been so far.

Her eyes are still cloudy. She can't make out anything beyond the stirring figures around her. An encircling wall around them at an indeterminate distance, maybe forty or fifty yards? Some sort of blueish light on three sides, a more natural orange flicker from another side.

"The others now...quickly!" His voice rasps with whispered urgency.

_________________
Blank Slate Campaign
Blank Slate IC
Blank Slate OOC

Characters
Mirella


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:50 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 30, 2013
Posts: 7305
Location: England
Merroda stirs from fevered dreams, a rush of thoughts assaulting her mind; faces and places without names without context - just pictures. Her body aches, her head throbs and it takes all effort she can muster to open an eye. Her situation unfolds sluggishly before her blurred gaze - the cold of the metal, the chill of her nakedness, the sound of bodies stirring around her. Adrenal pumps as she attempts to push herself to her feet, managing instead only to squat on the metal disc.

Her senses sharpen as she looks over the room. Figures much like herself whimpering on cold metal, one up and shaking another. Her chest burns as her mind tries to piece together the unnatural scene. Confusion gives way to anger and, as though by instinct, she focuses her rage on the man. A wave of warmth rushes through her body and into the tips of fingers. Shadow and fire ripple across her form as she raises a hand to the older human, collapse and refocus into a flickering ball of eldritch energies. Fangs bared she snarls out at the man. "Y-you! You did this! What did you do to me?!"

_________________
Welcome! I'm Garren and I'll be your designated villain for the evening.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:47 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Jul 21, 2014
Posts: 208
"Yes, of course..." The man seems confused, more than a little alarmed. His eyes flick over to the glow of Merroda's hand. "You need to get them on, quickly n...!"

His words are interrupted by an explosion of tissue and blood from the front of his throat. Something shatters into pieces against the metallic disc.

"Crannoc subter!" cries a deep voice from one of the walls.

The nude middle-aged man collapses across Corrine's legs. He is heavy and before Corrine can help herself she shudders and rolls him off.

_________________
Blank Slate Campaign
Blank Slate IC
Blank Slate OOC

Characters
Mirella


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:32 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Oct 12, 2014
Posts: 193
Identity: CISMALE
Preferred Pronoun Set: Is/Eum/Ejus/Ejus/Se
Maulim

The half elf groans as he starts to roll over, "Too many free drinks?, No that wasn't it I don't think... ow.

He groans as he looks around and sees the situation around him. "Why is it I can never remember the good nights and only know how awesome they must have been from how I feel when I wake up?"

He still seems groggy as he starts to look around him and realize that this seems to be something more than the aftereffect of a night's boozing. He tries to look around the area.

Does anyone know what is going on here or where here is?

Perception Check
Belisarius rolled 1d20+3 and got a total of 10:
7


Last edited by Belisarius on Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:49 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 21, 2014
Posts: 8224
Location: Singapore
Identity: Male
Corinne is frozen with shock. She stares at the flecks of blood and chips of bone all over her skin.

_________________
Image
The format of YMtC and the Expanded Multiverse.
YMtC: My Deck of Many Things | NGA Masters | 2 | 3 | Roses of Paliano | Duel Decks: War of the Wheel | Jakkard: Wild Cards | From Maral's Vault | Taramir: The Dark Tide
Solphos: Solphos | Fool's Gold | Planeswalker's Guide | The Guiding Light | The Weight of a Soul
Game design: Pokémon Tales | Fleets of Ossia: War Machines | Hunter Killer | Red Jackie's Run


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:00 pm 
Offline
YMtC Champ '05
YMtC Idol Winner

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 4668
Ming-Na immediately leaps to her feet at the sound of flesh tearing open. Her body falls into a coiled stance she does not remember but feels natural. She quickly glances around and takes in the gruesome sight of the throatless man and the other unclothed folk. "What is happening?"

Perception Roll


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:28 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 21, 2014
Posts: 8224
Location: Singapore
Identity: Male
Corinne shakes her head and tries to focus.

Perception

_________________
Image
The format of YMtC and the Expanded Multiverse.
YMtC: My Deck of Many Things | NGA Masters | 2 | 3 | Roses of Paliano | Duel Decks: War of the Wheel | Jakkard: Wild Cards | From Maral's Vault | Taramir: The Dark Tide
Solphos: Solphos | Fool's Gold | Planeswalker's Guide | The Guiding Light | The Weight of a Soul
Game design: Pokémon Tales | Fleets of Ossia: War Machines | Hunter Killer | Red Jackie's Run


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:07 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Jul 21, 2014
Posts: 208
The situation takes shapes slowly despite the danger. It's like looking through smoky quartz, listening with a cork wedged in the ears. But all too slowly, the surroundings begin to take shape.

It's quite dark, presumably night. The group is struggling to wakefulness in a courtyard of some sort, but the ground is stone, not dirt. The disc everyone is waking upon is ten feet in diameter, enough for everyone that woke up to lie closely side by side. Ming-Na recognizes countless spiraling dwarves runes etched in gold upon silver beneath them, and, with some surprise to herself, recognizes the cry, "Look down there!" that was shouted from a corner at one of the walls.

The disc occupies the middle of a square courtyard fenced in on three sides by stone walls that are about ten feet in height, and sixty feet in length. At the vertex of these three walls is a rounded tower with crenellations at the top facing outward to whatever lies beyond. 5 foot tall doorways to each open into the courtyard. The middle wall has a set of solid double doors, barred from this side. Four helmed and stout fellows stand atop the walls, two flanking this gate and one each at the corner towers. One is swiftly reloading a heavy crossbow; from this side of the wall, the figures have no cover of battlements to hide behind. His booted foot. Has already slid into the crossbows stirrup, and he is trying to affix some sort of crank to the crossbow. Merroda's accusation still seems to echo with the subsequent questions adding a background chorus of their own.

The fourth side is fronted by a larger face of stone, like a cliff, carved with a pair of twenty-foot tall dwarves sentinels flanking another set of double doors. These doors, however, are sculpted gold as tall as the statues with no apparent handles or rings to pull upon. The sculptures on the doors, at a moment's glance, seem to depict a bearded god looking at scenes of creation and destruction below him.

[OOC: Corrine has a PM coming and may take an action in this surprise round (as well as anyone else with a perception of 20 or more). Everyone can throw down an initiative roll in the OOC thread]

_________________
Blank Slate Campaign
Blank Slate IC
Blank Slate OOC

Characters
Mirella


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:13 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 21, 2014
Posts: 8224
Location: Singapore
Identity: Male
Corinne stands up like a woman electrified. Her training kicks in. Covering her breasts with her arms, she dashes as swiftly as she can towards the doorway of the nearest tower to evade crossbow fire.

_________________
Image
The format of YMtC and the Expanded Multiverse.
YMtC: My Deck of Many Things | NGA Masters | 2 | 3 | Roses of Paliano | Duel Decks: War of the Wheel | Jakkard: Wild Cards | From Maral's Vault | Taramir: The Dark Tide
Solphos: Solphos | Fool's Gold | Planeswalker's Guide | The Guiding Light | The Weight of a Soul
Game design: Pokémon Tales | Fleets of Ossia: War Machines | Hunter Killer | Red Jackie's Run


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:39 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Jul 21, 2014
Posts: 208
Corinne makes it into the archway. The dwarf who was reloading vainly aims it down to stop her, but this crossbow bolt ricochets off the stone walls of the tower base. Inside, Corinne sees that she's in a small rounded room with a simple wooden ringed ladder leading up to a closed trap door...leading up to another dwarf. There are two heavy Crossbows here with quarrels of bolts hanging from spikes pounded into the walls. There are also some spears bundled together against one wall, a brazier glowing with coal embers and some fur cloaks laying on the floor like they were cast off in a hurry.

Outside the remaining dwarves aim their crossbows down and, whether deliberately or by coincidence focus fire on one of the other awakeners... A human male with blond hair. Having made it to his knees, he collapses again to the disc, truncated memory shortened forever perhaps.

_________________
Blank Slate Campaign
Blank Slate IC
Blank Slate OOC

Characters
Mirella


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:19 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 30, 2013
Posts: 7305
Location: England
Merroda flinches as the dwarves unleash their bolts, the arcane energies that had enveloped her hand fading into nothingness as she does so. She looks quickly to the battlements hoping to get a better idea of her opponents numbers, trying to think up a plan of attack, some way to bring them down. Too many of them. No cover. I can't stay here... Her mind racing she pushes herself of the metal disc and runs towards the open tower which the previous human survivor had ran into.

_________________
Welcome! I'm Garren and I'll be your designated villain for the evening.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:31 pm 
Offline
YMtC Champ '05
YMtC Idol Winner

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 4668
Ming-Na runs in after the other human and tiefling, ducking quickly into shelter from the crossbow bolts.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:30 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Oct 12, 2014
Posts: 193
Identity: CISMALE
Preferred Pronoun Set: Is/Eum/Ejus/Ejus/Se
Maulim rolls to his feet and glances around. Rather than following the others, he dashes into the tower on the other side since he figured that otherwise they might have a bottleneck at the top of the tower.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:31 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 21, 2014
Posts: 8224
Location: Singapore
Identity: Male
Corinne picks up a spear - the weight feels strangely familiar in her grasp - and throws on a cloak to preserve her modesty. She nods at her strange companions as they file through the doorway behind her.

"We're under attack," she whispers urgently, "though I don't know why. Are you hurt? Do you know how to defend yourselves?"

_________________
Image
The format of YMtC and the Expanded Multiverse.
YMtC: My Deck of Many Things | NGA Masters | 2 | 3 | Roses of Paliano | Duel Decks: War of the Wheel | Jakkard: Wild Cards | From Maral's Vault | Taramir: The Dark Tide
Solphos: Solphos | Fool's Gold | Planeswalker's Guide | The Guiding Light | The Weight of a Soul
Game design: Pokémon Tales | Fleets of Ossia: War Machines | Hunter Killer | Red Jackie's Run


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:57 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Jul 21, 2014
Posts: 208
The tower Maulim runs into is much like the other, except the brazier's coals are ashen white and cold and there are no furs here. Also there is a pole with a U-shaped piece attached to it. Without knowing why he knows this, Maulim surmises this would be used to lift the bar sealing the gates on this side.

OOC: Just need a race, gender, and rough appearance from Bounty Hunter. His PC is slow to get to his/her feet, but I have an idea for him/her this round to storyboard his character out.

_________________
Blank Slate Campaign
Blank Slate IC
Blank Slate OOC

Characters
Mirella


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:34 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 30, 2013
Posts: 7305
Location: England
"Are you hurt? Do you know how to defend yourselves?"


Merroda can't help but chuckle slightly at this. "Oh how very noble. If I say no? Will you leap forth and protect me?" She shakes her head and laughs again, a hint of nervousness in his voice. Keeping her eyes on the others she moves slowly forward and snatches up one of the fur cloaks. "I can kill if that is what you mean - dwarf or human it makes no difference to me. Just stay out of my way."

_________________
Welcome! I'm Garren and I'll be your designated villain for the evening.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:00 pm 
Offline
YMtC Champ '05
YMtC Idol Winner

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 4668
Ming-Na grabs one of the cloaks as well. She hefts one of the spears in one hand and immediately twirls it. She looks at her free hand, callused. In response to Corinne's question, Ming-Na says, "I think so."


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:03 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Jul 21, 2014
Posts: 208
From atop Maulim's tower, a loud, deep horn sounds. The sound echoes deep off the walls and the cliff side. For a painfully long second, there is no other sound, but then there is a responding clang of something metallic striking stone from the other side of the golden doors across the courtyard.

Everyone has a very, very bad feeling about what might happen next...

OOC: dwarves are either delaying, holding actions, or have taken actions, but you can't see what they're up to from your positions.

_________________
Blank Slate Campaign
Blank Slate IC
Blank Slate OOC

Characters
Mirella


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group