It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:36 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 10342
Preferred Pronoun Set: BH/B.H./Bounty Hunter
The Triboar Trail : The Ambush - Day 3

Combat - Round 1

Initiative Order:
- The Party
- The Goblins

Despite the fact that their intended targets seem to not only outnumber them, but also be in possession of substantially better skills and arms, the goblins press their luck in a feeble attempt at a counter attack. The goblin with the shortsword continues it's dance in the underbrush with the halfling Tomiand finally takes a slash at him. However with Damon quickly closing the distance and soon bearing down on the creature from the north it doesn't seem to be able to focus enough that its attacks make purchase. Its companion however has other plans in mind: squirming away through the thin trees and underbrush it begins to run down the escarpment towards the dead horses. Once out in the open, it spins and sights an arrow toward Raphael and this attack strikes home.

North of the road the second bowman strikes out against the cleric in retribution for it's recently disposed of ally. Drawing its bow the green creature charges out of the treeline and fires an arrow hastily at Haldar who easily brings his shield up and ducks behind it. The arrow strikes the raised bulwark and clatters uselessly into the grass nearby. Seeing that the attack did nothing, the goblin shrieks a frighten cry and retreats into the forest several feet.



Actions


Goblin Swordsman 1 misses Tomi : 0 Damage

Goblin Bowman 1 hits Raphael : 3 Damage

Goblin Bowman 2 misses Haldar : 0 Damage

End of Round 1 -- It is now the Party's turn.

_________________
"Life is like a Dungeon Master, if it smiles at you something terrible is probably about to happen."

Play-By-Post Games
Phandelver : IC / OC / Map


Last edited by Bounty Hunter on Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:46 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 11, 2014
Posts: 65
Rhasta
Peering over the wagon seat, Rhasta sees a goblin burst from the trees out into the road, then spin around and aim a bow at where he assumes his companions are.
With a few muttered words, he finds a future where the goblin no longer lives, grasps that thread, and tries to pull that time closer into aligment with the present.
A glowing, skeletal hand reaches from thin air to clutch at the goblin.

Spoiler


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:24 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Sep 11, 2014
Posts: 23
Identity: Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/his/his/himself
Damon
Damon, upon entering the clearing that conatains Tomi and the Goblin Swordsman, quickly approaches and swings both of his rapiers at his foe. He lunges foward and attempts to stab at the creatures gut, followed up by a left-handed slash across the throat.

Spoiler


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:00 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 10342
Preferred Pronoun Set: BH/B.H./Bounty Hunter
The Triboar Trail : The Ambush - Day 3

Combat - Round 2

Initiative Order:
- The Party
- The Goblins

Rhasta conjures forth a skeletal hand that clutches it fingers around the bowman near the dead horses. The bony hand squeezes the creature and it cries out in pain while squirming to get away. Damon meanwhile begins to assault the final swordsman with an impressive series of attacks: The first strikes home and scores a good hit and blood can be seen soaking into the goblins armor. On second stab though the goblin manages to duck through the bushes and trees and barely escape another wound.


Rhasta hits Goblin Bowman 1 : 5 Damage

Damon hits Goblin Swordsman 1 : 6 damage

Goblin Swordsman 1 and Goblin Bowman 1 are now bloodied.

Damon's second attack misses Goblin Swordsman 1 due to half cover adding +2 AC : 0 Damage

_________________
"Life is like a Dungeon Master, if it smiles at you something terrible is probably about to happen."

Play-By-Post Games
Phandelver : IC / OC / Map


Last edited by Bounty Hunter on Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:50 pm 
Offline
YMtC Champ '05
YMtC Idol Winner

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 4668
Obed runs up the hill and between the trees, dropping his crossbow along the way. As he does, he pulls out his spear with both hands and runs it through the goblin archer like a fat fish. As the goblin dies around the weapon, Obed pulls his spear back out with a squelch.

Action


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:33 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 10342
Preferred Pronoun Set: BH/B.H./Bounty Hunter
The Triboar Trail : The Ambush - Day 3

Combat - Round 2

Initiative Order:
- The Party
- The Goblins

The crossbow clatters to the ground off to the side of the road as the sailor charges up the hill and towards the woods. In a smooth motion Obed draws his spear and thrusts it forward scoring a square hit into the goblin's chest. The creature wails in pain and soon becomes nothing more than dead weight at the end of the sailors spear.


Obed hits Goblin Bowman 2 : 7 Damage

Goblin Bowman 2 is now dead.

Haldar, Raphael, and Tomi may still act.

_________________
"Life is like a Dungeon Master, if it smiles at you something terrible is probably about to happen."

Play-By-Post Games
Phandelver : IC / OC / Map


Last edited by Bounty Hunter on Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:55 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 11, 2014
Posts: 55
Identity: Male
Tomi "Grin" Undergallows

Tomi will strike at the goblin in front of him.

Spoiler


As Tomi pulls the rapier out of the goblin's chest, he says.
That will teach them to try and ambush me and my friends..... They deserve no more than a good stab in the chest.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:04 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 10342
Preferred Pronoun Set: BH/B.H./Bounty Hunter
The Triboar Trail : The Ambush - Day 3

Combat - Round 2

Initiative Order:
- The Party
- The Goblins

Tomi grits his teeth and thrusts his blade, burying it into a soft spot between the pads of the goblins armor and then thrusting upwards and twisting. The creature claws at is side in shock and pain but cannot escape as the rogue continues to drive the point home. Blood begins to soak through the rags beneath the leather armor and soon the goblin goes limp and the panicking suddenly stops.

Tomi critically hits Goblin Swordsman 1 : Abuncha Damage

Goblin Swordsman 1 is now dead.

Haldar and Raphael may still act.

_________________
"Life is like a Dungeon Master, if it smiles at you something terrible is probably about to happen."

Play-By-Post Games
Phandelver : IC / OC / Map


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:08 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 11, 2014
Posts: 38
Raphael Ezra Cerberus

Seeing the enemies fall, Raph realizes, that only one can still get away and runs forward to block his path.
"Knock this one out, I want to know, who is behint the attack on Gundren!"

Action+Movement


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:22 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 11, 2014
Posts: 37
Identity: Gender-Fluid
Preferred Pronoun Set: He/Him/etc.
Haldar Heavyhammer

"Moradin, guide my hammer!" calls Haldar as he sprints forward and hurls his warhammer straight at the remaining goblin. However, he takes a bad step right as he goes to hurl his hammer and it throws off his aim. The hammer sails by both the goblin and Raphael.

Move

Action


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:48 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 10342
Preferred Pronoun Set: BH/B.H./Bounty Hunter
The Triboar Trail : The Ambush - Day 3

Combat - Round 2

Initiative Order:
- The Party
- The Goblins


Haldar misses Goblin Bowman 1 : 0 damage

It is now the goblin turn.

_________________
"Life is like a Dungeon Master, if it smiles at you something terrible is probably about to happen."

Play-By-Post Games
Phandelver : IC / OC / Map


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:52 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 10342
Preferred Pronoun Set: BH/B.H./Bounty Hunter
The Triboar Trail : The Ambush - Day 3

Combat - Round 2

Initiative Order:
- The Party
- The Goblins


Actions


End of Round 2 -- It is now the Party's turn.

_________________
"Life is like a Dungeon Master, if it smiles at you something terrible is probably about to happen."

Play-By-Post Games
Phandelver : IC / OC / Map


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:02 pm 
Offline
YMtC Champ '05
YMtC Idol Winner

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 4668
Both goblins dead, Obed looks up to see a goblin running past him into the trees. He runs through the trees to cut the goblin off and thrusts his spear at the goblin, but misses.
Action


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:45 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Sep 11, 2014
Posts: 23
Identity: Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/his/his/himself
With the goblin defeated, Damon looks to Tomi and says

Let us make haste back to the road and see if every one is alright!

and then rushes towards the raod, looking around to see if he can spot any more conflict.

Is everyone ok?

Spoiler


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:18 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 11, 2014
Posts: 65
Rhasta
Rhasta stands up in the wagon.
"One's running off that way, Obed's trying to get it," he responds to Damon's call.
"If he can't I'll drop it!"
Grasping the thread of fate he pulled earlier, he readies himself to down the goblin if it flees too far.

Spoiler


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:39 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 11, 2014
Posts: 55
Identity: Male
Tomi "Grin" Undergallows

After Damon runs back towards the road, Tomi says to him.
You do that, Damon. I will stay in this treeline and move a bit further. I want to make sure these were the only goblins we need to worry about.

Tomi resumes his stealthy movement and walks a bit further, making sure that he does not miss any other indications of another goblin ambush, or possibly even smoke and the like from a goblin campsite.

Spoiler


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:04 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 10342
Preferred Pronoun Set: BH/B.H./Bounty Hunter
The Triboar Trail : The Ambush - Day 3

Combat - Round 2

Initiative Order:
- The Party
- The Goblins

Tomi skulks through the woods south of the road while the final goblin makes a run for it across the road and into the northern foilage. He finds no other goblins but does manage to get a better look at their hiding location; the goblins had built a blind into the hillside which was hidden cleverly behind the natural bushes of the area allowing for the perfect ambush point. From the looks of it based on the amount of footprints in the area and the work put into the hiding position this was not the first ambush but instead one of many.

Damon walks down into the center of the road near where the slaughtered horses still lay. He could see that the saddlebags had been emptied and their contents stolen or spread around along the road. An empty leather map case lay beside one of the horses, its cap nearby, and suddenly Damon recognizes the markings on the saddlebags to be the Rockseekerfamily crest. These horses are the same two that Gundren and Sildar left town riding just three days prior!

Obed rushes north to cut off the goblin's escape and crashes through the trees and bushes while doing so. Next thing the goblin knows it's facing down an angry spear wielding sailor with quite the determined look on his face. The creature reels and tries to dodge around to the east and very luckly manages to avoid the thrust of the sailor's spear.

Obed misses Goblin Bowman 1 : 0 Damage

Rhasta readies his action.

Haldar and Raphael may still act.

_________________
"Life is like a Dungeon Master, if it smiles at you something terrible is probably about to happen."

Play-By-Post Games
Phandelver : IC / OC / Map


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:06 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 11, 2014
Posts: 38
Raphael Ezra Cerberus

Realizing, that this slippery little creature might be too fast to hit with his thorn claw Raph sighs.
"At least hinder him to warn others!" he gowls, as he hurls another ball of enflamed leaves.

Movement

Action


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:42 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Sep 11, 2014
Posts: 23
Identity: Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/his/his/himself
My freinds! This was Gundrens bag, and these were his and Sildars horses, I recognize his crest! What could ahve happened here?


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:53 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 11, 2014
Posts: 65
Rhasta
Rhasta snorts.
"You don't need to be a diviner to see what happened here. "


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group