It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:09 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 11, 2014
Posts: 55
Identity: Male
Tomi "Grin" Undergallows

If Tomi does spot enemies, he will approach them silently and will try to listen in, to see if he might find out why they had done this.
Checks if this is the case:


Spoiler


If Tomi has been found, he will try to make a deception check to act like he is one of the other bandits:

Spoiler


Should this fail, he will run back to the cart and inform the others


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:24 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 10342
Preferred Pronoun Set: BH/B.H./Bounty Hunter
The Sword Coast : The Triboar Trail - Day 3

As the group of adventurer's pull the wagon to a halt they begin to cautiously inspect the scene before them. Damon slips away from the group and scales the small embankment to begin moving through the trees but quickly finds that the brush and thorns of the area and snatching at his clothing and he's making a lot more noise than he'd have hoped. Tomi quickly catchs up to him and has better luck navigating the treeline while keeping quiet. All of you are suddenly aware of how silence has fallen on the woods around you; the birds that you have heard along the road, the wild animals you've spotted, even the drone of insects has seemed to take a temporary pause on what would otherwise be a bustling midsummer day.

Skill Results for Haldar, Rhasta, Damon and Rapheal


Skill Results for Tomi and Obed

_________________
"Life is like a Dungeon Master, if it smiles at you something terrible is probably about to happen."

Play-By-Post Games
Phandelver : IC / OC / Map


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:03 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 10342
Preferred Pronoun Set: BH/B.H./Bounty Hunter
The Sword Coast : The Triboar Trail - Day 3


Image
Encounter One : Goblin Ambush


As Tomi continues to make his way through the trees and underbrush that line the side of the road he keeps a keen ear out for any signs of trouble. Down on the road the two dead horse carcasses continue to bake in the warm noon sun and as he gets closer he begins to realize that these two horses are the ones that belong to Gundren and Sildar. Their bags have indeed been riffled through and the dwarf's map case lays nearby apparently emptied as well. The rogue creeps another few feet and just as he pushes past a thick shrubbery he sees two shapes ahead of him in the trees. A pair of goblins is hunkered down behind a blind made of the thick bushes along the crest of the embankment and one of them notices halfling just as he notices them. The goblin jabs it's ally with an elbow and the pair ready their weapons.

Meanwhile, from the safety of the cart, Rhasta watches over the surrounding area as his companions dismount and begin to spread out. Two of them head into the trees south of the road and begin to creep parallel to the path towards the dead animals ahead. Squinting his eyes as he scans the two hills, suddenly a vision flashes before him, a moment of divination. Two grinning green faces. A sword and a bow. And an arrow the whizzes towards Tomi. He's walking into an ambush! There are goblins in the trees south of the road!

Everyone Roll Initiative!!

_________________
"Life is like a Dungeon Master, if it smiles at you something terrible is probably about to happen."

Play-By-Post Games
Phandelver : IC / OC / Map


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:32 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 11, 2014
Posts: 65
Rhasta
Rhasta shakes his head to clear the vision from his eyes.
"Goblins up by Tomi!" Rhasta hisses to those around the wagons. He makes a motion with the reins to start the oxen plodding forward slowly.

Spoiler


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:08 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Sep 11, 2014
Posts: 23
Identity: Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/his/his/himself
At Tomi's request, Damon stayed back a bit on their endeavor. However, he still attemtped to stay close enough to be of assistance if anything were to happen.
Damon hears a rustle from the brush that Tomi just entered and whispers ahead:


Do you see anything my halfling friend? Is everything alright?

Damon readies his dual rapiers.

Spoiler


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:16 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 11, 2014
Posts: 37
Identity: Gender-Fluid
Preferred Pronoun Set: He/Him/etc.
Haldar Heavyhammer

Shifting his weight to ready himself to act, Haldar prepared to strike those who would harm his allies.

Spoiler


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:26 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 11, 2014
Posts: 55
Identity: Male
Tomi "Grin" Undergallows

Seeing as Rhasta "saw" that an arrow whizzes towards me, does it mean the goblins get a surprise round/attack on me? Anyways.

The moment Tomi saw the goblins, he realized that he'd been spotted. He tries to quickly move backwards, eyes on them, until he reaches Damon.
Damon, there are 2 goblins up ahead. They had prepared an ambush but they saw me, he quietly explains.

I think we've got ourselves some goblins to fight, Tomi says, with a slight grin forming on his face.

Maybe they'll even carry some coin on them, he says, with a wide grin now visible.

Spoiler


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:57 pm 
Offline
YMtC Champ '05
YMtC Idol Winner

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 4668
Obed waves at Rhasta as the goblin arrows appear from the trees, and he hisses, "Hey, chum, don't move the wagon into the way of the goblins' arrows!"

Initiative


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:05 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 11, 2014
Posts: 38
Raphael Ezra Cerberus

Initiative


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:47 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 11, 2014
Posts: 65
Rhasta
Rhasta flicks the reins, making the oxen move the cart down the road, closer to the horses, alert for attackers.

Spoiler


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:03 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 10342
Preferred Pronoun Set: BH/B.H./Bounty Hunter
The Triboar Trail : The Ambush - Day 3

Combat - Round 1

Initiative Order:
- The Party
- The Goblin

With a flick of the reins Rhasta spurs the ox team to move forward. The animals, unaware and likely uncaring about the eminent ambush, pull the cart along the rutted trail and between the two steep escarpments where the wizard urges them to slow. Having closed much of the distance between himself and the dead horses Rhasta now finds himself exactly where the goblins planned to jump their victims. A steep hill runs along either side of the road and at the top of each the bushes and trees make for perfect hiding spots. Two goblins are emerging from the bushes to the south near Tomi and just then the wizard notes two more standing from their hiding place to the north.

_________________
"Life is like a Dungeon Master, if it smiles at you something terrible is probably about to happen."

Play-By-Post Games
Phandelver : IC / OC / Map


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:09 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 11, 2014
Posts: 65
Rhasta

"Two goblins north, two south!" Rhasta shouts, ducking down behind the seat, reins still in hand.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:16 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 11, 2014
Posts: 38
Raphael Ezra Cerberus

Raphael hustles in the direction of the goblins. Leaves swirling around him and floating over his hand. They dry and crack like they've been too long in the sun, then smolder and finally bursting into flames.

"Disgusting little creatures! You just violated the fifth rule of survival!", and with a grim smile Raph hurls the burning leaves into the tree line towards the goblins!

Move

Attack


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:59 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 11, 2014
Posts: 55
Identity: Male
Tomi "Grin" Undergallows

Tomi will try to move and attack the closest goblin

Die, you ugly greenskins.

Spoiler


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:06 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 10342
Preferred Pronoun Set: BH/B.H./Bounty Hunter
The Triboar Trail : The Ambush - Day 3

Combat - Round 1

Initiative Order:
- The Party
- The Goblin

Moving quickly, Raphael rushes south along the road past where Rhasta had stopped the wagon and calling forrth a torrent of leaves that soon burst into bright orange flames above his outstretched palm. Whipping his hand around with a grind spread wise on his face he slings the ball of fire towards the trees where the goblins had been hiding. The burst of fire slams squarely into the goblins chest and crackles along it's dirty leather armor.

In the trees south of the road
Tomi moves quickly through the trees and brush, all need to be stealthy had gone to the winds at this point, and soon closes the distance to the green skinned ambushers. He slashes at the goblin with his blade but the creature quickly parries and manages to deflect the blow. It grins a wicked grin showing a mouth full of broke and crooked teeth that look like they've been filed into unnaturally sharp fangs.

Raphael hits Goblin Archer 1 : 1 Damage

Tomi misses Goblin Swordsman 1 : 0 Damage

_________________
"Life is like a Dungeon Master, if it smiles at you something terrible is probably about to happen."

Play-By-Post Games
Phandelver : IC / OC / Map


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:58 pm 
Offline
YMtC Champ '05
YMtC Idol Winner

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 4668
Obed dashes forward to get a better line of sight to one of the goblins on the northern ridge. He lets go of the foregrip of the crossbow and launches the free hand forward toward the goblin, making a gripping motion. He cries out, "My mistress' pull is felt even so far from her realm!" A shape that is more tentacle than hand appears by the goblin and attempts to grab the creature.

Action


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:37 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 10342
Preferred Pronoun Set: BH/B.H./Bounty Hunter
The Triboar Trail : The Ambush - Day 3

Combat - Round 1

Initiative Order:
- The Party
- The Goblin

With a motion of a hand Obed calls upon the powers of his mistress and suddenly the goblin feels the choking of the tendril bursting forth from the air nearby. Its grip is icy, as cold as the depths of the seas themselves, and even on such a warm day the goblin's skin crawls with goosebumps. The goblin appears shaken indeed, but otherwise still quite healthy and combat-able.

Obed hits Goblin Swordsman 2 : 1 Damage

Damon and Haldar may still act.

_________________
"Life is like a Dungeon Master, if it smiles at you something terrible is probably about to happen."

Play-By-Post Games
Phandelver : IC / OC / Map


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:26 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 11, 2014
Posts: 37
Identity: Gender-Fluid
Preferred Pronoun Set: He/Him/etc.
Haldar Heavyhammer

As Haldar hustles forward next to the wagon, he transfers his warhammer to his shield hand to hold while he begins calling upon his god's power. With a shout of "Feel the flames of Moradin's Forge foul creature!", Haldar releases the burst of flame-like radiance upon the closer of the two goblins. on the north side of the wagon.

Move

Action


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:00 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Sep 11, 2014
Posts: 23
Identity: Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/his/his/himself
Damon moves foward through the brush towards Tomi, and those attacking him.

I am on my way, friend!

Spoiler


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:01 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 10342
Preferred Pronoun Set: BH/B.H./Bounty Hunter
The Triboar Trail : The Ambush - Day 3

Combat - Round 1

Initiative Order:
- The Party
- The Goblin

Calling on the power of his god Haldar summons forth a pillar of searing white-hot flame that erupts and slams into the goblin swordsman north of the trail. The creature shrieks in pain and quickly crumples to the ground, writing for a moment before moving no more. To the south of the road Damon rushes forward to assist Tomi against the pair of goblins he faces there. The swordsman stands with one of them on either side ahead of him but shows now fear, his companion the archer draws the string of its bow back and hisses malevolently.

Haldar hits Goblin Swordsman 2 : 8 Damage

Goblin Swordsman 2 is now dead.

It is now the Goblin's turn.

_________________
"Life is like a Dungeon Master, if it smiles at you something terrible is probably about to happen."

Play-By-Post Games
Phandelver : IC / OC / Map


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group