It is currently Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1903 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 96  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:17 am 

Identity: Male
I saw Rubik, he is big but his head was small, lol!

Not gonna lie, I didn't like the last minute wagon on me, and not just because it was for me, I just find last minutes wagons suspicious regardless of the topic.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:29 am 

Identity: Female
Preferred Pronoun Set: She/her

Not gonna lie, I didn't like the last minute wagon on me, and not just because it was for me, I just find last minutes wagons suspicious regardless of the topic.

You think scum started a last minute push on you over an easy Ex mislynch? Rather than townies who thought Ex was town and you were possibly scum? That doesn't make a lot of sense.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:45 am 

CS Vote: Freddeh

He deserves it for yesterday.

Remind me why?

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:04 am 

Minish wrote:

You think scum started a last minute push on you over an easy Ex mislynch? Rather than townies who thought Ex was town and you were possibly scum? That doesn't make a lot of sense.

Well there were a lot more vocal players yesterday who had wagons, and the entire case against me was weak anyway. Why did you vote me over KoD when I was only a null read on your list?

Anyway, idk if scum would decide to switch onto to me over Ex, but as we've seen in past games, scum often split up where they vote anyway.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:14 am 

Minish wrote:

Well there were a lot more vocal players yesterday who had wagons, and the entire case against me was weak anyway. Why did you vote me over KoD when I was only a null read on your list?

Anyway, idk if scum would decide to switch onto to me over Ex, but as we've seen in past games, scum often split up where they vote anyway.

The only other real wagon was HW and I was townreading him more than you. The case against you wasn't exactly weak either. You made a big show of voting HW across a few posts before you finally did it. And then you let off him easily I believe. I'm used to you making pressure votes like crazy, but you don't usually seem to hesitate to place votes like with HW.

Also I've already explained since start of day why I voted you over KoD. I was voting KoD for a while and no one was being convinced to join. Didn't want Ex lynched and you seemed like the next best option out of viable lynches.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:19 am 

CS Vote: Freddeh

He deserves it for yesterday.

Remind me why?

Because he's been engaging various people in discussion over events that are going on in the game. This on top of fielding his own opinions wrt to the discussions. Nothing about his posting came off as scummy in the slightest which makes him a strong townish read to earn a CS vote.

Did you have a different opinion of him?

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:22 am 

Minish wrote:

It's not unheard, but if I'm not mistaken there were four people that were pro SMS lynch (you, ExLight, HW, JD and maybe Fred?).

Of those people I'd question strictly HW strictly (and I've already mentioned HW earlier today given the jester-like attitude from before).

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:37 am 

Minish wrote:

It's not unheard, but if I'm not mistaken there were four people that were pro SMS lynch (you, ExLight, HW, JD and maybe Fred?).

Of those people I'd question strictly HW strictly (and I've already mentioned HW earlier today given the jester-like attitude from before).

It definitely does happen sometimes, but I feel like SMS is trying to place suspicion where it doesn't make sense. Like you said, HW is probably the most questionable person on there. Freddeh is one of my highest town reads, and JD hasn't done much to ping me.

Also, I keep coming back to a post SMS made d1 that's bugging me. He said he can usually peg my alignment easy but that just isn't true. We had a recent game where he was scum reading me so much when I was town and only funnier (who SMS was neighbors with) convinced him to back off of me. SMS seems to find me scummy quite a bit when I'm town. So it just feels weird he thinks he can read me well and then is coming into today saying he didn't like the wagon that built on him.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:40 am 

Identity: 15377
Preferred Pronoun Set: It
Minish wrote:

Depends on how the actual Ex wagon fell. If Ex was strung up by mostly town it doesn't really behoove scum to continue a pile on. So it would make sense that they would vote outside of the wagon. Further with Ex claiming to shut down the very Zinger that claims to be able to auto end them day 8, it also won't hurt if the late day swing saves Ex, allowing him to shut down Zinger but with potential to be lynched later when scum are poised to win and Zinger isn't a worry.

With that said I doubt that's the case though. First off I don't think you're scum and without you following my vote SmS isn't even a contender to begin with. Secondly the only one that really pushed a wagon was Fred and that was only an off hand "last minute swing?" type comment so you have a definitive lack of an actual push.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:55 am 

Minish wrote:
Minish wrote:

It definitely does happen sometimes, but I feel like SMS is trying to place suspicion where it doesn't make sense. Like you said, HW is probably the most questionable person on there. Freddeh is one of my highest town reads, and JD hasn't done much to ping me.

Also, I keep coming back to a post SMS made d1 that's bugging me. He said he can usually peg my alignment easy but that just isn't true. We had a recent game where he was scum reading me so much when I was town and only funnier (who SMS was neighbors with) convinced him to back off of me. SMS seems to find me scummy quite a bit when I'm town. So it just feels weird he thinks he can read me well and then is coming into today saying he didn't like the wagon that built on him.

I usually can read you well, that game isn't a good example because my gut instinct was you were Town, but your claim conflicted with another claim, we killed that player but he was Town and had you're same role, so I thought you fakeclaimed. It's also worth nothing that even if funnier convinced me you were town that game, I have to actually believe it on some level myself to make that judgement, and I did.

Anyway, it's time for me to really quick it into gear. Thus is going to seem odd but I promise you all I will explain in a bit.

Attachment:
vote.png
vote.png [ 11.76 KiB | Viewed 689 times ]

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:57 am 

Rubik wrote:
I was in a quick topic for the night with the skeleton.

I can do a giant vote today (only today) that puts 1/3rd of the majority threshold in votes on a random player. I can then remove these votes individually by unvoting and specifying who I'm unvoting for.

I'll probably use this ability to prove it, then remove all the votes, if that's what people want.

I'm assuming the abilities the skull gives us are themed around us in some way based on my ability.

Who are you thinking of lynching today? Still HW?

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:03 pm 

Finished Rubik ISO. I'd have some doubts if Ex had flipped scum since scum Rubik would totally bus there I think but given how it played out I don't think thats a scum Rubik reaction to town Ex. Unless he really wanted Ex alive to deal with Zinger, which I doubt, I think he wouldve been on the Ex wagon a lot sooner and never looked back, even with me and Minish alive to defend him. It would look to strange for him not to make a case there, Ex's behavior was too awful. Also he kind of strikes me as a friendly ugly giant so lol I'm okay losing to that I guess.

Also CS Vote: Minish

Still think HW should've been lynched yesterday but I wanna finish reading through these ISOs

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:06 pm 

Quote:

I usually can read you well, that game isn't a good example because my gut instinct was you were Town, but your claim conflicted with another claim, we killed that player but he was Town and had you're same role, so I thought you fakeclaimed. It's also worth nothing that even if funnier convinced me you were town that game, I have to actually believe it on some level myself to make that judgement, and I did.

When have you ever correctly scumread me? It's pretty easy to townread me, but I feel that you still suspect me quite a bit as town.

@funnier, am I crazy with this? You'll probably remember better than me but like I feel like SMS doesn't read me super well?

Anyways, I wanna look more into Naga. I feel like something he said near eod pinging me before but I don't remember what it was.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:07 pm 

@Minish: I'm sure those with the proper abilities will make the proper calls for the most part. Questionable would be, for example, Naga "checking" someone out and getting odd results that leads everyone into a gaping hole.

Hi Naga.

:V

oof too soon

I'd still like to get a date with aaarrrgh if anybody feels like voting me, I hope it might help me figure out my alignment, or, given I'm technically town accordint to my pm, make me really town. Plus the flavor is nice.

might help a bit if you actually elaborated a bit on this, as is this gives no one any real reason to actually get you a date

I don't see Exlight's fishing as scummy, because Rubik was hinting at his role in the first place and Exlight bit. So Rubik was fishing. What intrigues me is, as heat on rubik decreased, Exlights increased.

i don't see how he was fishing at all; he has only stated he is big

_ExLight wrote:
are there claim limitations or is role and name claiming allowed?

should be fine as long as you don't quote directly and paraphrase; could wait for mod confirm if you really want to be safe

--

so far i want to lynch ex and funnier the most and then maybe hw, but zinger does bring up a good point that it's probably fairly unlikely that hw managed to gain that many votes without some scum on that wagon

i don't think attempting to date cs is ai; regardless of alignment both teams want it, especially given the knowledge that they gain some advantage
i also don't think it's role indicative, regardless of what the benefit is, any role would be better with one

there's way too much metagaming going on for my liking tbh, and it's making it pretty hard for me to get good reads
i really should have been taking notes but o h w e l l
guess ill just reread again, but it'll probably be n1 by then so oof

Why did you want to lynch me here? I don't think you talked to or about me at all?

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:08 pm 

No response to my case against you, Funnier?

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:11 pm 

Minish wrote:
Quote:

When have you ever correctly scumread me? It's pretty easy to townread me, but I feel that you still suspect me quite a bit as town.

@funnier, am I crazy with this? You'll probably remember better than me but like I feel like SMS doesn't read me super well?

Anyways, I wanna look more into Naga. I feel like something he said near eod pinging me before but I don't remember what it was.

I still haven't gotten around to reading sms's ISO but I did think it was really weird in anime that he wasn't going after you super hard like he just had in smash or really trying to read you even though you were both town again. In general no I don't think he reads you super well lol but I wouldnt be surprised if he thinks he does. I'm not up to date on what exactly youre talking about though so I'll get back to you lol

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:12 pm 

[quote=ExLight]Anyways, I wanna look more into Naga. I feel like something he said near eod pinging me before but I don't remember what it was.[/quote]

There was a post Naga had made earlier that stood out to me. I believe it was around not wanting to lynch ExLight (I forget the stated reason). Given what happened though, it didn't really bother me at all when Naga decided to vote ExLight to resolve that issue there.

That being said, @Naga: What are your thoughts now that ExLight has flipped town?

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:13 pm 

EBWOP:

KoD wrote:

Minish wrote:

There was a post Naga had made earlier that stood out to me. I believe it was around not wanting to lynch ExLight (I forget the stated reason). Given what happened though, it didn't really bother me at all when Naga decided to vote ExLight to resolve that issue there.

That being said, @Naga: What are your thoughts now that ExLight has flipped town?

Told you I get both you and ExLight mixed up.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:14 pm 

No response to my case against you, Funnier?

I've been making a point to not read your posts. If I get moody I may respond to it to release some aggression. Not particularly concerned

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:22 pm 

It honestly looks like Exlight struck a nerve with Rubik. Now, who was baiting who is debatable. As he basically says, "He threw his name out there to get the ball rolling." Refering to the CS vote.
But as he was using role crumbing to gain support, I feel questioning was justified.
So I'm suspicious of players that pushed the lynch using "fishing" as evidence.

i feel like this is pretty weak, tbh
you could say that rubik was breadcrumbing, but it didn't seem like he was doing so with the express intent of gaining support for the cs vote
ex was pretty clearly fishing or at least trying to figure out role or power based on a fairly vague 'claim' of what was essentially 'yes hi i am big'
this feels like an attempt to blow a fairly innocuous d1 cs campaign out of proportion and if my vote wasn't worth -1 votes it would probably be on you right now
as it is though, ill just vote: amber

Aaarrrgh wrote:
Can confirm that everything Rubik has said so far is consistent with what he told me on the date. Also yes, the bonus for dating me will always be based on your role in some way.

how was the date?

Can I try to become full town please?

im kind of interested, honestly
is there a way you can prove that you will become full town or that you are after?

You realize you could be using the -1 vote to vote the counter wagon to the lynch you want?

What are your thoughts on the other players? Can I get a reads list? Who do you want to lynch today?

Finished Amber ISO. Very very little going on there, need more thoughts. Dont know how I feel about -1 not modifier. It seems really cool but idk if its AI.

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1903 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 96  Next