It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 867 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 44  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:10 am 

Oh, that sucks. I hope it's not anything too devastating. Take your time.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:15 am 

Identity: Female
Preferred Pronoun Set: she/her/her/hers/herself
I was injured and will probably have to have surgery on my leg after they initially thought nothing was wrong.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:24 am 

peglegs are pretty cool anyways i wouldn't worry too much about it

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:38 am 

Identity: Male
Preferred Pronoun Set: they/them/their/themself
Ragnarokio wrote:
peglegs are pretty cool anyways i wouldn't worry too much about it

That's what I've been saying.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:53 am 

Well, that sucks. Hope you'll get the care you need without to much trouble, and that you'll have a quick recovery!

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:28 pm 

Identity: Spider-Man
Preferred Pronoun Set: Wtf is a "Jabber address"?
Wishing you a speedy recovery PK

On a more serious note, I wasn't aware you were ever considered a wagon at any point.

He wasn't.

So, Neo thinks that I a) pushed a wagon against him, and then b) flipped my stance around, calling him not scummy. This is the reason he is suspicious of me, huh? Pretty surprising that he thinks I pushed a wagon on him given I couldn't remember any interactions I had even had with the hardcore lurker until I went back and searched my own posts for mention of Neo. So let's talk about that!

I have only made I think five posts this entire game so far where I even mention Neo. We're going to go through them one by one.

First Post

The first time he crossed my radar was when he claimed a power role. I said I was mildly suspicious of him because he came out of the blue and said he had a power role (for no reason other than the fact that he wanted to soft-confirm his theory that we are in a high-power environment). No pressure was on him to do so. He just came out and said it. This was not a pro-town play. I did not, however, take this as meaning Neo was scum because in a vacuum, making bad plays for the town is not inherently a scum tell. You usually need a history of bad plays, and some motivation to put the smoking gun in their hands. At most, this was strike one against Neo. I didn't vote him, nor did I start a wagon here. I merely commented on the bad play and that it could be viewed as suspicious because a scum player soft-confirming themselves as a town power role has nothing to fear by doing so. Onto the next post.

Second Post

The only relevant portion of this post is a blurb at the end. I am mostly discussing Naga here, but at the end I do say my two biggest suspects of interest right now are Naga and Neo. I call them both SUSPECTS, not scum. I then further explain that "I know that my theories are circumstantial and I don't have foolproof damning logic to point a gun at someone." At most, all I have is a reason to pay slightly closer attention to Neo's post because, again, he made a claim earlier that I found suspicious for a town player to make. I am still not pushing a wagon against him, or voting him, or trying to convince everyone around me that he is scum and they just have to look at my awesome evidence to see why. No. I was merely suspicious of him. Was he a big suspect? No. Just one of the ONLY suspects. It was early Day 1 and I had little to go on. Next post.

Third Post

I don't even mention Neo here. His name popped up because I was responding to QJ who was claiming my suspicion of Neo made no sense. QJ argued that we were in a high-powered environment, so being suspicious of Neo for claiming as much didn't actually make sense. I argued that we don't know enough about the game state to assume this was a high-powered environment. Besides, even if it IS a high-powered environment, claiming a power role is still not a pro-town play usually. This post made me slightly more suspicious of QJ, but had zero impact on my view of Neo. Next post.

Fourth Post

The next time I mentioned Neo was in response to a list Freddeh had made in which Freddeh calls Neo scum. I responded by saying Neo was giving me a null read because there wasn't enough Neo content to do a proper evaluation. He was lurking hardcore at the time. Neo says this is a flip from my earlier stance on him, but it actually isn't. I was only suspicious of him, that didn't mean I thought he was scum. He was giving me a null read because he had hardly posted all game. I might have construed this as a second strike against him, because lurking is a scum tell, but I was too focused on scumpants QJ to think about it at the time. Next.

Fifth Post

The fifth and final time I ever even mentioned Neo this game (till now) was here, when he comes out of left field and votes me with no logic provided whatsoever. I quote the post and say hi (because it's good to have a lurker return to the action) scum!neo (because his first post back was to vote me with no logic after lurking hard). Why is it scummy for a lurker to come out of the woodwork and vote someone without logic? Because it means they've been paying attention this whole time. It means Neo has been lurking on purpose, reading along, instead of just lurking because he had forgotten about the game or was busy with real-life matters. This was the scummiest thing he has done all game.

But beyond those five posts, I have never even mentioned Neo's name. I have never called Neo scum except that one time in response to him coming out of the woodwork with an unexplained vote on me. I have never voted Neo. I have never pushed a wagon on Neo.

Either Neo is paying SO LITTLE attention to the actual game that he simply misinterpreted what is going on, OR Neo is purposefully trying to misconstrue events to make it look like I am an unreliable wishy-washy narrator of events. If I was only mildly suspicious of you before, Neo, I'm definitely more suspicious of you now.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:32 pm 

Identity: invalidated
Preferred Pronoun Set: dead/dead/dead/dead/deadname
To be the One, you will pay a heavy price.

For you must die. Aargh did not know this before using his power, but he felt his heart began fail. The life began to be drained from his body.

Flashes of childhood memories, good and bad, came to him. The love of his life.

And even now, with his sacrifice to end the life of another, his body embraced destruction.

Aargh is now DEAD. He was The One, --

And on the pedestal, these words appear: "My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare - the lone and level sands stretch far away.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:47 pm 

No.

Aargh bolted back up.

QJ stared upon The One in disbelief. "No," he murmured. "It's not fair!" QJ hopelessly pulled out his 9mm Canadian express pistol, dumping as many corporate sponsored bullets as he could into Aargh's general direction. They hung lifeless and impotent in the air, just like QJ's future self.

QJ in desperation lunged toward Aargh, who barely even acknowledged his attack. "You can't do this," QJ protested. "I'm...a medium sized business owner! I'm a tech genius! I co-founded The Source!"

And then he exploded.

QJ was The Computer Mutt, Mafia Aligned Conditional Don-Blocker. Pieces of fraudulent "good player" ID fell out of the remains of his pockets, weirdly tied to personal information about using code to roleblock players. (No ornaments though.)

It is now Night One. You may not post.

All nights choices are due in 48 hours or they will fail. Roles with potential or optional abilities must PM the account "PariahKnows" as confirmation of no target. All PMs should be sent to "PariahKnows."

PMs sent to "PariahKing" may fall into the hands of evil. You have been warned.

Aargh is still alive. How? He is The One.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:55 pm 

Identity: invalidated
Preferred Pronoun Set: dead/dead/dead/dead/deadname
It's all part of my plan

All part of the plan...

And on the pedestal, these words appear: "My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare - the lone and level sands stretch far away.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:05 pm 

Thanks everyone for the well wishes by the way.

I posted some more information in the discord to not derail the game.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:03 pm 

If I do not complete my work, Roko's basilisk will wreck it's terrible vengeance on all of us. You will not be allowed to stop me.

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:05 am 

If I do not complete my work, Roko's basilisk will wreck it's terrible vengeance on all of us. You will not be allowed to stop me.

YOU ARE A TREASONOUS MUTANT TRAITOR FICTITIOUS COMPUTER CONCOCTED TO SUBVERT ALPHA COMPLEX AS PART OF A COMMUNIST PLOT. THERE IS ONLY ONE COMPUTER. THAT IS ALL.

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:12 pm 

Deadline for night extended to 12 PM EST, final warning.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:50 am 

As the sun was still hidden from a grateful source, Zinger looked upon the world and what his actions had help wrought. A mafiate was dead. All was right in the world.

But then suddenly, winged beasts appeared. They came in evenly separately flanks, blocking out the moonlight that guided Zinger at night. His wings fluttered awkwardly, the booze making it hard to fly. He needed to find some candy and a mouse, his blood sugar was low -- he felt a feeling of blistering pain as a tiny buglike raptor creature with wings jumped upon him. Once he it the ground it was over. The swarm of bugs took over and ate him alive, feasting on even the bones.

Zinger, Town Aligned A Drunk Owl with Diabetes has fallen.

Meanwhile on the opposite side of town, footsteps are heard. Determined footsteps, angry footsteps. The kind of footsteps you hear with someone has an intent to kill mercilessly.

Shadow Amber laid in bed quietly. This disappointed our killer. So they woke them up, so Shadow Amber could see their terrible face before they died. A shrill scream started before their neck was broken ruthlessly and efficiently. Our killer grabbed Shadow Amber's body and left it in the center of town square for all to see, as a warning.

Written on the blood near to Amber's body was a simple message: "Hope is an illusion."

Shadow Amber was
ShadyPhoenix, Town Aligned Asshole of All Trades.

It is now Day Two.

You have a week from today to lynch before a deadline occurs. In the event of the deadline hitting, the highest plurality on one player will be lynched. In the event of a tie, the most recent vote will be removed until that plurality is hit.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:52 am 

You may disregard The Computer Mutt and The Computer's posts in terms of the game's set up, they are just incoherent ramblings of a ghost.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:34 pm 

I can't say much for Amber since she didn't post all often, but Zinger was certainly more active, and his loss means we'll need people stepping up for discussion. I'm sad that someone went after Zinger as he honestly wasn't scummy after QSJ flipped scum. Short of some serious busing scheme or something, I couldn't see Zinger as potential mafia.

While we wait to see if anything else developed during the night, at this point in time I'd like to see the less active people talking as I feel that that is where we may have scum hiding.

And I still have my eye on you, Naga, as you certainly became less talkative towards the latter part of the day.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:43 pm 

Well, that's a lot to process. First off, good job is for hitting scum! Second, two night deaths! Anyone want to claim responsibility for either?

Zinger feels like a pretty obvious Mafia kill, but Amber was blank enough that I suppose an ill-advised vig could have done it (I guess a vig could be behind Zinger's death too). I would love to hear some reasoning behind that, though.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:54 pm 

Identity: Rubik
Both of them were probably my highest town reads, tbh.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:59 pm 

Amber's comes off more as the mafia kill because of the whole being visited in their bed and their body being dragged out to the middle of the town. Why would you feel Zinger's death was mafia's doing, Arrgh?

Like this post

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:23 pm 

I'm ignoring flavor. I'm talking about the fact that Zinger was an active player who heavily pushed for a lynch that turned out to be correct, while Amber had a low post count and didn't leave much of an impression (at least on me). Zinger certainly seems like the better Target for scum to hit.

my ego sig

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 867 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 44  Next