It is currently Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:13 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 25, 2013
Posts: 4041
Ending dusk 30 minutes early.

Night begins.

Also Aaarrrgh died again.

Aaarrrgh was revived again.

Night lasts up to 48 hours from now.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:22 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 25, 2013
Posts: 4041
Delaying day start by 12 hours.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:41 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 25, 2013
Posts: 4041
Day 2 starts now and ends in 5 days. Jaydreven and Aaarrrgh are dead, Jaydreven was a town aligned Pair of Jacks of all trades.

Aaarrrgh is revived.

With 5 players alive it takes 3 votes to majority lynch someone.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:29 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 05, 2014
Posts: 4832
Location: Here. Always.
First.

_________________
Spoiler


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:51 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 27, 2015
Posts: 553
Location: City Hall, Terisia
Identity: Mayor
:(

I admit, I thought he was the most likely suspect after last day's ending.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:26 pm 
Online
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 18, 2018
Posts: 363
Location: Also Terisia
Identity: Chocobo
Nice of scum to cull our suspects for us.

But not so nice of Monster to decline to share her info with the mailman.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:27 pm 
Online
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 18, 2018
Posts: 363
Location: Also Terisia
Identity: Chocobo
Also, because I was away for the last few hours of Day 1, I'd like to commend my friend KoD for his sudden bout of reason. ;)


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:28 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 05, 2014
Posts: 4832
Location: Here. Always.
Honestly, same. Given how last day ended, in terms of suspects, I, also, expected my waifu to be the one. In terms of possible kill targets, JD was at the bottom of my list.

So, with only five alive, we've got us left. Out of everyone, I am not suspicious of Dusky or Skystone. Given how Arrgh seems to fit a conservative/passive profile, I am not as suspicious of him.


That leaves Monster.


If I was being EXTREMELY paranoid, which I honestly can't justify given the actions of yesterday, there is, in my alternate mind state, an outside chance of Skystone being the other scum. Part of why I think that is because Zinger certainly has a habit of throwing some scum buddies under the bus because he can. I will say, for the sake of completeness, the last time I saw Zinger as scum (with Arrgh and I) he did not do this. Prior to that, he bussed Tevish in Naga's game (despite being "town").

The above, concerning Skystone, in no way holds anywhere near enough weight to justify looking at Skystone though because, as a matter of fact, Zinger jumped onto Skystone with me initially, removed his vote with me, then replaced his vote with me. Given Zinger's behavior (focusing on Skystone maybe for vengeance yet willfully showing an intent to vote whoever I was willingly going to vote out) I am more confident that Skystone is not the scum buddy.

By extension, I find it less likely that Dusky or Arrgh can be scum buddies with Zinger simply because every opportunity was afforded them to support Zinger as opposed putting him into the situation he ended up in. Strictly speaking, Dusky was opposed to Zinger and I because of our focus on Skystone. She fought against us both and, ultimately, switched from me to Zinger due to how Zinger was arguing against her. Dusky seemingly only backstabs me (with a few knife twists no less) so I don't see her doing that to Zinger intentionally. She could have pushed back onto me instead of Zinger if she were buddies with him. She had plenty of time to defuse the situation from Zinger and onto me, leading up to deadline, if she really wanted to. Thus, I can't honestly view her as scum.

Arrgh, for his part, had plenty of chances to hammer Skystone. Now, Arrgh does play conservatively, and he'd be less likely to hammer, as scum, someone without good reason I would suspect least he draw attention from the hammer vote. The thing about the Skystone vs Zinger situation though, Arrgh didn't have to vote Zinger. He's shown, in the past, a willingness to let things go to deadline without himself having to cast a vote. At the very least, I don't think that a scum Arrgh would willingly put his partner on the table as a possible random lynch when he has the option to hammer (for any reason) or let deadline hit without voting (thereby letting Skystone be lynched by most votes cast). Is it possible Arrgh switched things up? Maybe, but I doubt that given how he plays.

Ultimately both Dusky and Arrgh are clear in my book of being scum. Their actions do not support a scum connection with Zinger (in terms of being a supportive scum player). Even in Dusky's case where she was antagonistic towards Zinger, something that did not appear until towards the latter part of the day when she voted him, she could have aimed at me as opposed to him.

Skystone was certainly more opposed to Zinger and myself by virtue of being focused by us, but I've already described my opinion on him. Barring a prearranged setup between Skystone and Zinger to let the cards fall however from fighting each other, I don't see them as being scum buddies.

Aside from myself, that leaves Monster as the final person to look at.



At this point, I've rather convinced myself the remaining scum has to be Monster.

The only thing I haven't considered atm is why JD was killed. I'll be thinking on that while the rest of you post your own thoughts.

_________________
Spoiler


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:29 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 05, 2014
Posts: 4832
Location: Here. Always.
Skystone wrote:
Also, because I was away for the last few hours of Day 1, I'd like to commend my friend KoD for his sudden bout of reason. ;)




Honestly I targeted you last night because I thought you would be the most likely to be killed.

Imagine my surprised when JD was the nk target instead.

*Insert Surprised Pikachu face.*

_________________
Spoiler


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:03 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 05, 2014
Posts: 4832
Location: Here. Always.
@Monster:

Want to give up, and make this easier for all parties involved?

_________________
Spoiler


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:05 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 27, 2015
Posts: 553
Location: City Hall, Terisia
Identity: Mayor
I pretty much agree with you, KoD. I also targetted Skystone for the same reason. I considered you instead, as I thought if mafia thinks Skystone is protected, they will go for you instead. My guess is they thought both are too obvious? But killing Jay seems like an odd choice.

My list from least to most suspicious:


KoD: Hammered Zinger. Theoretically, do I think him and Zinger could pull this off? Yesss.... but it does seems very unlikely. If there had been a tie between Skystone and KoD, I could see it as more likely that KoD wouldn't want to risk it and stab Zinger in the back instead, but as it stood, not really...

Skystone: Zinger being mafia pretty much convinces me I was right about Skystone. He could have gone for KoD instead of switching to Zinger as I pretty much made it clear I would switch back to KoD if necessary.

Aaarrrgh: Doesn't seem like Aaarrrgh to tie to vote on Zinger like that if he was his team mate. He easily could have put it on Skystone instead. Leaving the decision to someone else seems more in character with his town self. I do want to know what's up with the constant dying. Seems to happen when phases start/end. Does that mean he can only be killed by vote? If so, could be a strong mafia role. I would like to hear an explanation, and do remember he said there would be one day 2.

M0nster: Would have expected her to NK Skystone. But could see her going for Jay because Skystone is likely protected and he said only a cowards would do so ( provocation), hoping to play super aggressive now and still go after Skystone. It almost seems too simple a solution though. :|


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:12 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 27, 2015
Posts: 553
Location: City Hall, Terisia
Identity: Mayor
Skystone wrote:
Nice of scum to cull our suspects for us.

But not so nice of Monster to decline to share her info with the mailman.

Why did you target her, though?


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:25 pm 
Online
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 18, 2018
Posts: 363
Location: Also Terisia
Identity: Chocobo
Duskyblue wrote:
Skystone wrote:
Nice of scum to cull our suspects for us.

But not so nice of Monster to decline to share her info with the mailman.

Why did you target her, though?

Because, when I submitted my target, I was still more likely than not to die (as I noted, I wasn't around for the last couple hours). Zinger was clearly scum, Jay was a likely associate, and you were too clearly on my side to validate my role claim should I survive. This left KoD, Aaarrrrgh, and Monster. Aaarrrgh's chief vindication, voting for me and not for Zinger, occurred after I had to submit, and I'm pretty poor at reading him, so I didn't. My faith in KoD was at its lowest, plus I'd been considering switching to him in order to line up our votes with JD. Monster, on the other hand, would have no reason to favor me (good for validation), and would, to my mind, be tempted to play games with the info if she were scum. I figured that, if I survived, I'd have credibility as town, so that outcome could still be a bit advantageous.

If I had been online at deadline, I'd have targeted KoD.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:50 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Dec 21, 2020
Posts: 94
Preferred Pronoun Set: she/her
Skystone wrote:
Nice of scum to cull our suspects for us.

But not so nice of Monster to decline to share her info with the mailman.

So you're the one who reached out to me last Night? I declined because I was afraid of sketchy messages coming from an unidentified (likely scum) source, but now knowing it was you, I'm especially glad I declined.

As for the people sussing me, if I were scum Sky would be dead right now, not JD, and also, I would not have been on the same wagon as my alleged scumbuddy Zinger, nor would I have been in favor of him coming to my defense when people sussed me yesterday. I would have told him not to bother, or failing that I would have accused him of attempted buddying to distance myself if we were in it together.

No, I'm not the scum you're looking for.

I'm not sure who we should be looking at. I want to say Skystone, but with the way Day 1 went, I would be inclined to believe that Sky and Zing couldn't be scum together. Then again, the reason Sky and I had it out with each other last game is exactly because Sky claimed to be in favor of bussing scummates for town points with or without their consent... So it's possible, I guess.

KoD is blowing a lot of smoke, which makes sense for someone who is now the last scum left (presumably). Also, his teaming up with Zings Day 1 does look like partnership, but his last minute turn on Zing makes me doubt this too.

Dusky. Dusky and Zinger argued a lot, but I suppose it could have been a ploy.

Aaarrgh could be it, but KoD makes a point about that being unlikely because of his vote.

I guess if I was any of you, I'd vote me too. Everyone else has some sort alibi, and I don't, really. Course, that's because the mafia team have played us to ensure the last member alive wouldn't be left alone without an alibi.

Still, if I have to be lynched to get people to stop looking in the wrong direction, better it happen sooner than later, I guess. I'd rather not waste Days arguing with you all while the real last mafia player flies under the radar. If everybody but me has an alibi, I'm willing to die to prove that one of those alibis is false, if that's what you all (except Skystone, who doesn't get a vote) feel is necessary.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:23 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 05, 2014
Posts: 4832
Location: Here. Always.
Welcome to Day 2, Monster.


You seem to be fitting in well with our community given how much smoke I seem to be blowing from your perspective.

Here's the thing. I would like to see you die as, given your propensity to powerwolf, trying to read you in this circumstance is going to be hard to do. As you've correctly assessed, days of arguing with you while someone else as the scum is hardly advantageous. So resolving your alignment via lynch will go a long way to susing out the last mafiate.

That being said, two things to bring up.

First, we forced Skystone's role out of him. He, quite clearly, claimed his role and how it worked. Needless to say, I find it odd that you would characterize the message as being from an unknown source when it clearly was Skystone based on his claim. Mind you, his post was there for a bit before EoD yesterday. I suppose you actively not reading the thread could have attributed to it, but I find it hard to believe that you didn't read up on the thread once Day 1 ended.

Second, and most importantly, Dusky. Are you claiming to have protected Skystone too?

_________________
Spoiler


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:29 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 27, 2015
Posts: 553
Location: City Hall, Terisia
Identity: Mayor
Second, and most importantly, Dusky. Are you claiming to have protected Skystone too?

No. My role doesn't really protect per se.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:41 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Dec 21, 2020
Posts: 94
Preferred Pronoun Set: she/her
I'm just going to be honest, I completely missed that Sky had claimed mailman/rolecop.

I tend to skim at best and/or outright skip his posts from time to time.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:50 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 27, 2015
Posts: 553
Location: City Hall, Terisia
Identity: Mayor
I mean.. He wasn't the only one mentioning it.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:57 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 05, 2014
Posts: 4832
Location: Here. Always.
My role litereally does so I am curious as to what we're seeing here.

I'm not interested in fleshing out your role details like I did to Skystone.

Here's where I'm at. I think Monster should be the lynch. I see no way around that. If Monster is being truthful, then her death will exonerate her. That means we have to reassess the rest of us.

So, if I work under the assumption Monster flips town, I have to consider the actions thus far.

Arrgh's actions seem pretty clear cut. He had opportunity due to vote placements to steer the lynch away from Zinger. Despite having to reassess people, I'm confident my original assessment of Arrgh is correct. Arrgh is conservative. I just do not see him putting his scum buddy, Zinger, at equal votes with Skystone when he could have hammered or abstained for deadline. Or he could have voted me. He had plenty of options available. It just doesn't make sense for him to, as scum, make that play that put Zinger at risk needlessly. Plus, I don't think Arrgh would have gone for a play that nets him town pants via susing Zinger out. Like, the way Arrgh did it was not effective at gaining town pants. He hedged his bets and decided to let another player (JD) make the decision on who to hammer, if at all, or let the mod do it. Arrgh, literally, turned down the opportunity to make a decisive decision which hints to the mindset that he's not comfortable with making the hammer vote, and that works as both scum and town for him. What makes him town though is what I already described (choosing to put Zinger into danger as opposed to abstaining from doing so).

So yeah, I am comfortable with my assessment of Arrgh here. There's no way he's the last scum.

Dusky is an interesting case. She hard defended Skystone. Her reasoning is believable. She disliked the wagon on Skystone which she viewed as being absurd (fair). She initially was voting me along with JD. Eventually, with my own vote being removed from Skystone, she probably felt comfortable enough to remove her vote (or she did it to vote Zinger due to how he was arguing -- I'm not sure on the exact context). The major thing here is that she was the ***first*** vote on Zinger. So if she was scum buddies with Zinger, she didn't put him in any real danger other than putting attention on him. At this point, though, I have to ask why would she let her partner hang when there was an out. She could have made the decision to move to me (it would have been justified) and Skystone could have followed so that three votes were on me thereby making a tie between Skystone and I (most importantly Zinger would not be in danger either by random lynch or hammer). Maybe she really only backstabs me, and if that is the case holy tree sticks. Case in point, much like Arrgh, she could have steered that danger away from Zinger near the 11th hour. That tells me she had conviction with her stances. I am slightly more confident in Dusky being town than I am in her being the last scum. I feel she is a more conservative player not prone to backstabbing teammates (like Skystone/JD/Zinger). On a spectrum, she's closer to Arrgh's style than she is to JD/Skystone/Zinger. So I'd lean more to her being innocent here.

Skystone, ultimately, would be the last one for me to go focus on. By process of elimination, Skystone would be more sus than Dusky or Arrgh. Certainly Skystone is capable of backstabbing teammates (JD has made that plainly clear to me). Zinger, as I mentioned earlier, is prone to bussing teammates. Perhaps what we're seeing here is a situation where Skystone is playing the deepwolf. Maybe. The clash between Zinger and Skystone wasn't much given I was the one spearheading it, but they did argue. What I find odd though is that both Zinger and Skystone, right at the start of the game, would go for a strategy of not working together. That is, being ok with one another dying. It's not impossible given their personalities.



Ultimately, the order I'd see people lynched to find scum is: Monster, Skystone, Dusky, and Arrgh. I'm not overly confident in my assessment of Dusky's innocence, but given it is between her and Skystone is seems like a no brainer in terms of deviousness.


The only other thing I have to consider: JD's death.

With the way yesterday ended, the optics certainly looked like Skystone being cleared as town, myself as well for hammering Zinger out of nowhere, Dusky being town for hard defending Skystone and pursuing Zinger. Arrgh, by virtue of his conservative play, certainly has a town lean.

JD was the only player that, reasonably, could be maintained as a suspect. Yet he was killed for some reason that is unknown to us. Between Skystone, Dusky, and myself there were three reasonable targets. Even if you assume Skystone would be protected by a protection role, that leaves two others to go after. A one in three chance of having the nk target being prevented isn't exactly bad odds for the mafia. Plus it removes someone that would be viewed as town.

So, why JD? Monster certainly isn't clear by any means, yet I'd like to think that even someone like her who powerwolf's wouldn't handicap herself like that. Not unless she is banking on people going with her story and willingness to be removed. It's certainly a powerwolf move, but it is hardly a safe move. Course, this is the same person that counterclaimed a doctor D1. So, honestly, this is right up Monster's alley.




Alright, between the three of us I do think we're agreed that Monster has to go. I don't know how Arrgh feels about this, but I certainly feel we can accelerate the game play here by lynching Monster and moving on to the next day via submitting our actions. What say the rest of you?


Also, Sky, did you say with your ability you could choose a role for your target to send a message to or something to that effect?

_________________
Spoiler


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:04 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 05, 2014
Posts: 4832
Location: Here. Always.
BUWAHHAHAHA I FOUND IT

[color=117096]Vote: Monster[/color]

_________________
Spoiler


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group