It is currently Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:00 am 

KingOfDominaria(1):JayDreven
Zinger(2):Duskyblue,Skystone
Skystone(3):M0nster,KingOfDominaria,Zinger2099

Deadline is at 17:39 UTC (3 hours and 38 minutes from now roughly)

With 7 player alive it's 4 votes to lynch.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:33 am 

Identity: Mayor
Zinger2099 wrote:
I really don't follow your logic, Dusky. The only conclusion I can draw from your self-assured interpretation of the gamestate is that you're operating with extra information you're not sharing, which means either you "know" Sky is town and the rest of us are making a mistake but you're unwilling to share where you're gettings this information, or you're scumbuds with him.

Like, are you saying Dusky disqualified himself from being a valid lynch candidate, or are you saying I disqualified myself from being given the benefit of the doubt as town? Your statement is so vague, I have no idea which of us you're talking about, and that doesn't even account for your missing explanation of your disproportionately assured statement. Desperate, much?

I am not 100% sure he's town, but I think he would have gone much more viciously after KoD if he weren't. At first I defended him because I found the wagon ridiculous. Then his responses and those of his opponents made me more certain he is town. His play looks to me like he's defending himself, but doesn't want to kill someone he thinks is more likely town than not. I am not desperate, just disappointed in what I perceive to be a vengeance wagon.

What? I am saying you disqualified yourself from looking innocent. You just aren't making sense. You picked him randomly, but never truly considered not lynching him. Unlike KoD, you actually didn't engage much and were comfortable sitting back. Then you declared you explained yourself 'as much' as I did, and at the same time are saying I am not explaining my reasons and just blindly protecting Sky. Which is it? Then you resorted to insults and also didn't respond to Skystone, which makes me think he's right in his assessment that you didn't know what to say without lying.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:21 am 

Identity: Chocobo
Aaarrrgh wrote:
@Sky: That is an interesting and easily confirmed ability, but I don't see a way that it would confirm anyone's alignment. However, I'm inclined to avoid hammering you at least long enough to see if anyone else has any reactions to the claim.

Unless I misused terminology, I don't believe that I claimed to confirm alignments. I only determine rolenames, in addition to my message-sending function.

I do believe that my role is much weaker for scum (in that, by delivering messages, I leave so much trace that the information helps town. Whereas a traditional messenger is confined only to the target through the host, so retains the scum-like ability to keep his knowledge secret). So me self-verifying is at least somewhat exculpatory.

Zinger2099 wrote:
I really don't follow your logic, Dusky. The only conclusion I can draw from your self-assured interpretation of the gamestate is that you're operating with extra information you're not sharing, which means either you "know" Sky is town and the rest of us are making a mistake but you're unwilling to share where you're gettings this information, or you're scumbuds with him.

Typical. When I flip town, you're going to pretend that she is somehow culpable for correctly defending me rather than taking responsibility for your own lynching of town players mostly out of vengeance.

@Dusky: I will change to KoD if I must, but it's not the greatest look for Jay to refuse to pick sides.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:38 am 

Identity: Spider-Man
Preferred Pronoun Set: Wtf is a "Jabber address"?
Skystone wrote:
@Dusky: I will change to KoD if I must, but it's not the greatest look for Jay to refuse to pick sides.

This is blatantly misrepresenting JD.

First of all, a tied vote at the end of a deadline is a terrible thing. We don't know what means HW will use to break the tie (per the rules), therefor any situation in which we enter into tied vote shenanigans is tantamount to leaving the decision out of town's hands, and also increases the likelihood of mislynching town and leaving those who were party to it unaccountable (which you profess to hate) on account of it being up to mod fiat. Convinced though I may be of your scumminess, I don't know for a fact that you are, and I, for one, would rather see myself lynched by popular vote than see us give up our right to choose who hangs by handing it over to a mod to break the tie.

Now, if we already were tied and JD was faced with choosing who to vote to break the tie, I might agree with you on his supposed fence-sitting, but JD isn't failing to choose sides. His choice is between A ) supporting/not supporting your lynch, or B ) supporting a tie, which is NOT the same thing as a me or you choice. Given those choices, A is the preferable option.

Second, JD has picked a side. He wants to lynch KoD. If you and Dusky want a tie so much, you and her should switch your votes instead of trying to pressure JD to change his position on the basis that if he doesn't it might make him look bad (which, it wouldn't regardless of the outcome, because his vote at this point would create a tie and not actually a deciding vote).

And besides, Aaarrrgh has already stated he is in favor of your lynch, but only didn't vote you for the sake of avoiding a hammer. So, while the votecount is 3 to 2, in actuality the count *should* be 4 to 2, and your insistence that JD should change his vote to create the illusion of a tie where none should exist is only furthering to show why you are more likely desperate scum trying anything that might stick instead of town begging for his life.

Oh, and Aaarrrgh never said you claimed to confirm alignment, he said your claim doesn't confirm alignments, meaning it does nothing to exonerate you or anyone you target and could easily be a role found among the mafia (as many role cops are).

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:49 am 

Identity: Chocobo
Zinger2099 wrote:
First of all, a tied vote at the end of a deadline is a terrible thing. We don't know what means HW will use to break the tie (per the rules), therefor any situation in which we enter into tied vote shenanigans is tantamount to leaving the decision out of town's hands, and also increases the likelihood of mislynching town and leaving those who were party to it unaccountable (which you profess to hate) on account of it being up to mod fiat. Convinced though I may be of your scumminess, I don't know for a fact that you are, and I, for one, would rather see myself lynched by popular vote than see us give up our right to choose who hangs by handing it over to a mod to break the tie.

I never said he has to vote for me. Chiming in that he prefers to lynch your side but would rather not cause a random lynch is also a perfectly legitimate opinion (though, honestly, 50% to lynch people you find suspect is largely better than 0%, and JD himself said he picked KoD over you because you've died early recently, so in theory he's willing).

Quote:
it does nothing to exonerate you or anyone you target and could easily be a role found among the mafia (as many role cops are).

Of course and of course? It's not the role cop part that's (mildly) exculpatory of me. It's the information structure of the rest of the role.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:01 am 

Where are we atm?

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:01 am 

I have been unleashed.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:09 am 

This is really interesting, and deadline is fast approaching. I actually think Sky has defended his position better than Zinger in this last go around, so I'm tempted to throw my vote in the other direction, even if it simply means that we get a mysterious tie breaker. Since I'm not fully convinced that either is scum, and we get roughly the same info either way, that actually seems like a decent option right now.

vote: Zinger

Now either JD has half an hour to come and settle this, or else it is in the hands of the mod.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:16 am 

I have been unleashed.
Sounds exciting! What does it mean?

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:18 am 

Unvote

@Zinger

I am giving you formal notice that I can and will hammer vote you, unless you claim right now. You have 15 minutes starting from the time of this post.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:18 am 

Unvote

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:32 am 

Hammer incoming.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:35 am 

Vote: Zinger

Through out all of today, the only real interaction you and I had was at the start with the whole agreeing to be good/bad cop with one another. Beyond that, you rarely interacted with me. At all. Instead, I argued with not only Skystone, but Dusky and JD as well. You, essentially, cherrypicked your interactions with them.

I think I made note of this already, but JD harped on me way more than he did you.

C'est la vie mon ami.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:37 am 

It is never boring with you, KoD.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:02 pm 

As much as I've argued with Skystone, I am aware that I can tunnel. With all the focus Skystone has had today, up to deadline no less, he was not in control nor trying to exert control over events. Plus he seemed genuine in his claim despite the description of the role.

As such, I am clearing Skystone of being scum as far as I am concerned. That leaves only you, JD, and Monster.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:14 pm 

Well, I guess we don't get to see the tie break system in action. This was certainly a thrilling conclusion to the day, though.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:36 pm 

Aaarrrgh wrote:
This is really interesting, and deadline is fast approaching. I actually think Sky has defended his position better than Zinger in this last go around, so I'm tempted to throw my vote in the other direction, even if it simply means that we get a mysterious tie breaker. Since I'm not fully convinced that either is scum, and we get roughly the same info either way, that actually seems like a decent option right now.

vote: Zinger

Now either JD has half an hour to come and settle this, or else it is in the hands of the mod.

Aaarrrgh: "I think overall Zing has defended his position better, but in this MOST RECENT go around sky did better so I'll throw my lot in with him." :bored:

Stupid fence-sitting last-minute vote swinging anarchist.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:38 pm 

Zinger was linched right? If so dusk phase starts.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:38 pm 

:surrender:

Go Mafia.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:43 pm 

Zinger2099 a mafia aligned vengeful muter and trader was lynched. It's now d1 dusk.

Also Aaarrrgh died.

Aaarrrgh was revived.

You can't talk during the dusk phase unless a power allows you to.

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next