It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 424 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 22  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:59 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 31, 2017
Posts: 439
Location: Px2
Identity: 15377
Preferred Pronoun Set: It
Ragnarokio wrote:
Tevish is a strong town player, so i'd rather lynch a weak town player with a 50/50 shot over tevish with a 51/49.


You literally say right here you'll Lynch a player you feel is less likely to be scum because you like Tevish's town game so much.

_________________
This is a signature.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:12 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: May 09, 2014
Posts: 2848
If i consider tevish to be 51/49 as it were, that means i'm not ignoring zinger's claim against tevish, but rather am considering it a scumtell (which i am)

Just because zinger's claim isn't enough to get me to lynch tevish doesn't mean i'm entirely disregarding it, and I've even said that depending on how zinger clarifies his position on tevish that I'd be willing to vote tevish, which shows that i'm not ignoring other factors.

I considered all the factors and weighed them and decided i didn't want to lynch tevish right now. Just because I came to a different result after weighing them than you doesn't mean i was ignoring any of them.

_________________
I used to view myself as a crow. A large, negative, angry bird who is portrayed as the sign of a bad omen. Feared by others and wanting to dominate, I was my own flock.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:26 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 05, 2014
Posts: 3877
Location: Here. Always.
So what you're saying is that Neo deserves to die because of Tevish being an asset in your eyes.

I feel like you gave Neo no justice here.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:41 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: May 09, 2014
Posts: 2848
So what you're saying is that Neo deserves to die because...


Quote:
Neo and PK are my preferred lynches at this point because they're the only two players who strike me as having not meaningfully engaged with the game through their posts (although next to nobody has meaningfully contributed), and i feel like that shows a lack of either transparency or desire to engage with the thread, both of which are probably scum motivated. Its also feasibly a sign of lack of interest or motivation, which is NAI but is detrimental as town, and so the lynch gains some value from that angle.


here's the reason i gave to lynch neo, in case you somehow missed it.

_________________
I used to view myself as a crow. A large, negative, angry bird who is portrayed as the sign of a bad omen. Feared by others and wanting to dominate, I was my own flock.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:41 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: May 09, 2014
Posts: 2848
at this point in time i'd probably lynch neo over tevish even if i didn't feel tevish was the stronger player, just because i think my case on neo is stronger than zinger's case on tevish.

_________________
I used to view myself as a crow. A large, negative, angry bird who is portrayed as the sign of a bad omen. Feared by others and wanting to dominate, I was my own flock.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:49 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 05, 2014
Posts: 3877
Location: Here. Always.
That's not a case. How are my posts any different from Neo's? His post count isn't high, but he has engaged with the thread. I say that because your argument looks like it is styled around his post count without actually calling it that.


Also I did read it before. I was just going off of the whole you'll virtually lynch someone else before Tevish without any seeming fair consideration of that person (pointing back to your case works here, but I still disagree with it because it isn't sound).


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:04 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: May 09, 2014
Posts: 2848
Its not styled around post count, otherwise I'd have included a few other players, probably.

None of neo's posts gave me the impression that he was emotionally invested in the game.

You were interacting with wagons and bantering with other players, and although neither of those things are particularly contributive, they demonstrate that you're at least engaged with the game on a personal level, and that you're putting your heart out where others can see it and interact with it. Its the level of engagement, the level of investment that I'm looking at here more than just post count, though that's certainly part of how one would measure those things.

Neo didn't post much, but neither did CL. I was fine with CL however, because he felt like he was honestly expressing himself and interacting with the game. Ditto for HW and aaarrrgh, neither of whom has meaningfully contributed in any way but have demonstrated that they're thinking about the game and the players in it.

_________________
I used to view myself as a crow. A large, negative, angry bird who is portrayed as the sign of a bad omen. Feared by others and wanting to dominate, I was my own flock.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:24 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 05, 2014
Posts: 3877
Location: Here. Always.
Emotionally invested.

Way to move the goal post when we were simply talking about engaging the thread which posting does.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:31 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: May 09, 2014
Posts: 2848
my intention was to provide clarification on why i didn't like neo, not to "move the goalpoast".

When i said I didn't like neo because he wasn't meaningfully engaging in the thread i did not simply mean he wasn't posting

_________________
I used to view myself as a crow. A large, negative, angry bird who is portrayed as the sign of a bad omen. Feared by others and wanting to dominate, I was my own flock.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:00 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 31, 2017
Posts: 439
Location: Px2
Identity: 15377
Preferred Pronoun Set: It
Ragnarokio wrote:
So what you're saying is that Neo deserves to die because...


Quote:
Neo and PK are my preferred lynches at this point because they're the only two players who strike me as having not meaningfully engaged with the game through their posts (although next to nobody has meaningfully contributed),


here's the reason i gave to lynch neo, in case you somehow missed it.


Yeah KoD, Rag clearly stated right there that his reason for voting Neo is that he has been acting just like basically everybody else. I mean when you say you're calling out two people for not meaningfully engaging and then immediately say nobody has really meaningfully contributed what else are you saying?

_________________
This is a signature.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:02 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: May 09, 2014
Posts: 2848
hopefully with the clarification i gave you now have an idea of just how it is that someone can meaningfully engage but not meaningfully contribute

_________________
I used to view myself as a crow. A large, negative, angry bird who is portrayed as the sign of a bad omen. Feared by others and wanting to dominate, I was my own flock.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:42 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 210
Vote Count:

Amber (1): Amber
Rag (2): KoD, JD
KoD (2): Neosilk, Rubik
Neo (2): Tevish, Rag
Tevish (2): Zinger, Aaarrgh
Not Voting (3): PK, HW, CL

This should be correct, but let me know if you think it is not.

With 12 people alive, it is 7 to lynch.

Day 1 will end Wednesday, December 4 at 10PM EST.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:42 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 30, 2013
Posts: 4593
Yeah. I kind of have to agree here. Rag has presented decent (for D1 at least) reasoning for voting me, which is being completely discounted or ignored by KoD.

It was (kind of) a joke vote on KoD, but one that I intended to leave there until something better came along, but KoD is clearly the best target for today’s vote.

_________________
PbP Characters


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:10 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: May 09, 2014
Posts: 2848
poor logic isn't a scum tell

and for KoD its just a way of life

also i don't think KoD is discounting or ignoring it, he's just disagreeing with it.

_________________
I used to view myself as a crow. A large, negative, angry bird who is portrayed as the sign of a bad omen. Feared by others and wanting to dominate, I was my own flock.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:09 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 25, 2013
Posts: 3933
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Identity: Spider-Man
Preferred Pronoun Set: Wtf is a "Jabber address"?
Ragnarokio wrote:
tevish is one of the more valuable players in this meta in my mind so unless your reason for thinking he is scum is strong then i will probably not bandwagon on this one

You know me better than that.

I have strong reasons to believe Tevish is almost certainly Mafia.

_________________
Come play Dungeons & Dragons with me on Twitter. Come on, click me. You know you want to.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:15 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 25, 2013
Posts: 3933
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Identity: Spider-Man
Preferred Pronoun Set: Wtf is a "Jabber address"?
Ragnarokio wrote:
@Zinger: If i knew what you knew, do you think I would vote for tevish?

This is a difficult question to postulate because I don't know your alignment. If you knew what I knew and you were Mafia, you wouldn't vote Tevish, for example.

But I will say that at this point I firmly believe Tevish is Mafia-aligned. It is a strong belief based on information I possess in light of Tevish's claim; it is not a cop result or anything quite so guaranteed as that, but as far as I am concerned it damn well might as be.

Now, if I were to ADD to your question the ASSUMPTION that you are Town, that would change my answer (but also your question). If you were Town and knew what I know, yes, in that case, I do think you would vote for Tevish.

_________________
Come play Dungeons & Dragons with me on Twitter. Come on, click me. You know you want to.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:18 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 25, 2013
Posts: 3933
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Identity: Spider-Man
Preferred Pronoun Set: Wtf is a "Jabber address"?
JayDreven wrote:
If Zinger was just stating his belief he'd just say "I believe Tevish is scum." His including "I have a reason" signifies that it's not just a blind jump. The point of my post was not to argue the weight of his reason by itself, but the weight of his reason compared to others. For instance, if you look at everybody as a starting baseline of 50/50 chance of being town or scum (just based on alignment options) and zingers reason puts Tevish at a 51/49 chance favoring scum, his reasoning although weak is stronger than the reasoning for anybody else.

It is not just a blind jump. When have you ever known me to come out of nowhere from the nether first post of the game with a blind jump? I don't usually buy into the random voting stage unless it is Freddeh-scum because <3 Freddeh-scum.

Also, you are postulating my reasoning is weak. Maybe your reasoning based on nothing more than my word+NLP would be weak, but my reasoning is strong. Strong enough to say I probably won't vote anyone other that Tevish today barring something crazy happening.

_________________
Come play Dungeons & Dragons with me on Twitter. Come on, click me. You know you want to.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:12 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 31, 2017
Posts: 439
Location: Px2
Identity: 15377
Preferred Pronoun Set: It
The point of that post Zings was saying just that to Rag who was claiming your "reason" was just your belief. The part of it being a weak reason was just to illustrate that even if it's a weaker reason it's still more reason than anybody else has. Pretty majorly defensive of you though.

_________________
This is a signature.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:16 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 25, 2013
Posts: 3933
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Identity: Spider-Man
Preferred Pronoun Set: Wtf is a "Jabber address"?
JayDreven wrote:
The point of that post Zings was saying just that to Rag who was claiming your "reason" was just your belief. The part of it being a weak reason was just to illustrate that even if it's a weaker reason it's still more reason than anybody else has. Pretty majorly defensive of you though.

:roll: k.

_________________
Come play Dungeons & Dragons with me on Twitter. Come on, click me. You know you want to.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:05 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 25, 2013
Posts: 3776
Still waiting for tevish to post something. Weird how he got offline after that.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 424 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 22  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group