It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 424 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:59 pm 

Identity: 15377
Preferred Pronoun Set: It
Ragnarokio wrote:
Tevish is a strong town player, so i'd rather lynch a weak town player with a 50/50 shot over tevish with a 51/49.

You literally say right here you'll Lynch a player you feel is less likely to be scum because you like Tevish's town game so much.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:12 pm 

If i consider tevish to be 51/49 as it were, that means i'm not ignoring zinger's claim against tevish, but rather am considering it a scumtell (which i am)

Just because zinger's claim isn't enough to get me to lynch tevish doesn't mean i'm entirely disregarding it, and I've even said that depending on how zinger clarifies his position on tevish that I'd be willing to vote tevish, which shows that i'm not ignoring other factors.

I considered all the factors and weighed them and decided i didn't want to lynch tevish right now. Just because I came to a different result after weighing them than you doesn't mean i was ignoring any of them.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:26 pm 

So what you're saying is that Neo deserves to die because of Tevish being an asset in your eyes.

I feel like you gave Neo no justice here.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:41 pm 

So what you're saying is that Neo deserves to die because...

Quote:
Neo and PK are my preferred lynches at this point because they're the only two players who strike me as having not meaningfully engaged with the game through their posts (although next to nobody has meaningfully contributed), and i feel like that shows a lack of either transparency or desire to engage with the thread, both of which are probably scum motivated. Its also feasibly a sign of lack of interest or motivation, which is NAI but is detrimental as town, and so the lynch gains some value from that angle.

here's the reason i gave to lynch neo, in case you somehow missed it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:41 pm 

at this point in time i'd probably lynch neo over tevish even if i didn't feel tevish was the stronger player, just because i think my case on neo is stronger than zinger's case on tevish.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:49 pm 

That's not a case. How are my posts any different from Neo's? His post count isn't high, but he has engaged with the thread. I say that because your argument looks like it is styled around his post count without actually calling it that.

Also I did read it before. I was just going off of the whole you'll virtually lynch someone else before Tevish without any seeming fair consideration of that person (pointing back to your case works here, but I still disagree with it because it isn't sound).

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:04 pm 

Its not styled around post count, otherwise I'd have included a few other players, probably.

None of neo's posts gave me the impression that he was emotionally invested in the game.

You were interacting with wagons and bantering with other players, and although neither of those things are particularly contributive, they demonstrate that you're at least engaged with the game on a personal level, and that you're putting your heart out where others can see it and interact with it. Its the level of engagement, the level of investment that I'm looking at here more than just post count, though that's certainly part of how one would measure those things.

Neo didn't post much, but neither did CL. I was fine with CL however, because he felt like he was honestly expressing himself and interacting with the game. Ditto for HW and aaarrrgh, neither of whom has meaningfully contributed in any way but have demonstrated that they're thinking about the game and the players in it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:24 pm 

Emotionally invested.

Way to move the goal post when we were simply talking about engaging the thread which posting does.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:31 pm 

my intention was to provide clarification on why i didn't like neo, not to "move the goalpoast".

When i said I didn't like neo because he wasn't meaningfully engaging in the thread i did not simply mean he wasn't posting

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:00 pm 

Ragnarokio wrote:
So what you're saying is that Neo deserves to die because...

Quote:
Neo and PK are my preferred lynches at this point because they're the only two players who strike me as having not meaningfully engaged with the game through their posts (although next to nobody has meaningfully contributed),

here's the reason i gave to lynch neo, in case you somehow missed it.

Yeah KoD, Rag clearly stated right there that his reason for voting Neo is that he has been acting just like basically everybody else. I mean when you say you're calling out two people for not meaningfully engaging and then immediately say nobody has really meaningfully contributed what else are you saying?

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:02 pm 

hopefully with the clarification i gave you now have an idea of just how it is that someone can meaningfully engage but not meaningfully contribute

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:42 pm 

Vote Count:

Amber (1): Amber
Rag (2): KoD, JD
KoD (2): Neosilk, Rubik
Neo (2): Tevish, Rag
Tevish (2): Zinger, Aaarrgh
Not Voting (3): PK, HW, CL

This should be correct, but let me know if you think it is not.

With 12 people alive, it is 7 to lynch.

Day 1 will end Wednesday, December 4 at 10PM EST.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:42 pm 

Yeah. I kind of have to agree here. Rag has presented decent (for D1 at least) reasoning for voting me, which is being completely discounted or ignored by KoD.

It was (kind of) a joke vote on KoD, but one that I intended to leave there until something better came along, but KoD is clearly the best target for today’s vote.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:10 pm 

poor logic isn't a scum tell

and for KoD its just a way of life

also i don't think KoD is discounting or ignoring it, he's just disagreeing with it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:09 am 

Identity: Spider-Man
Preferred Pronoun Set: Wtf is a "Jabber address"?
Ragnarokio wrote:
tevish is one of the more valuable players in this meta in my mind so unless your reason for thinking he is scum is strong then i will probably not bandwagon on this one

You know me better than that.

I have strong reasons to believe Tevish is almost certainly Mafia.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:15 am 

Ragnarokio wrote:
@Zinger: If i knew what you knew, do you think I would vote for tevish?

This is a difficult question to postulate because I don't know your alignment. If you knew what I knew and you were Mafia, you wouldn't vote Tevish, for example.

But I will say that at this point I firmly believe Tevish is Mafia-aligned. It is a strong belief based on information I possess in light of Tevish's claim; it is not a cop result or anything quite so guaranteed as that, but as far as I am concerned it damn well might as be.

Now, if I were to ADD to your question the ASSUMPTION that you are Town, that would change my answer (but also your question). If you were Town and knew what I know, yes, in that case, I do think you would vote for Tevish.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:18 am 

JayDreven wrote:
If Zinger was just stating his belief he'd just say "I believe Tevish is scum." His including "I have a reason" signifies that it's not just a blind jump. The point of my post was not to argue the weight of his reason by itself, but the weight of his reason compared to others. For instance, if you look at everybody as a starting baseline of 50/50 chance of being town or scum (just based on alignment options) and zingers reason puts Tevish at a 51/49 chance favoring scum, his reasoning although weak is stronger than the reasoning for anybody else.

It is not just a blind jump. When have you ever known me to come out of nowhere from the nether first post of the game with a blind jump? I don't usually buy into the random voting stage unless it is Freddeh-scum because <3 Freddeh-scum.

Also, you are postulating my reasoning is weak. Maybe your reasoning based on nothing more than my word+NLP would be weak, but my reasoning is strong. Strong enough to say I probably won't vote anyone other that Tevish today barring something crazy happening.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:12 am 

The point of that post Zings was saying just that to Rag who was claiming your "reason" was just your belief. The part of it being a weak reason was just to illustrate that even if it's a weaker reason it's still more reason than anybody else has. Pretty majorly defensive of you though.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:16 am 

JayDreven wrote:
The point of that post Zings was saying just that to Rag who was claiming your "reason" was just your belief. The part of it being a weak reason was just to illustrate that even if it's a weaker reason it's still more reason than anybody else has. Pretty majorly defensive of you though.

:roll: k.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:05 am 

Still waiting for tevish to post something. Weird how he got offline after that.

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 424 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 22  Next