It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:21 pm 

Identity: Otter
Preferred Pronoun Set: Otterself
A while back I posted http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=94#p1029 detailing the port city of crystalshore, and so now I'd like to see who is interested in doing some RP in it. It would be freeform, but there would be a number of plot threads and an over all arc going on.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:06 pm 

Preferred Pronoun Set: BH/B.H./Bounty Hunter
I'd be down.

Interested to hear plot ideas or character limitations so I know what to start work on.

Play-By-Post Games
Phandelver : IC / OC / Map

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:31 pm 

I'd be down.

Interested to hear plot ideas or character limitations so I know what to start work on.

rumors abound that The Exchequer is receiving kick backs from an unknown party,bribes are said to be made to the Justice minister in order for him to turn a blind eye to anything happening in the Red Light District, Rumors are also floating around that the Lord Mayor has made a deal with an Outsider for unknown reasons and terms of the deal vary depending on who you ask. The second largest brothel in the red light district has burned down recently with no survivors it was rumored to be owned by Merakesh LTD.

As for character limitations, let me know what you have in mind and we'll figure something out. :)

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:53 pm 

So I'd be interested in this little shin-dig you have going here. Be nice to do something a little less formal to wind down with after the more rules-heavy games I'm in. The only problem is I am very much a rules guy - I work best when I've got something to build onto. I know you wanted to keep the world setting system-non-specific but have you got anything I could start building with? Like a list of races or something? If I'm given free-reign to build I'm going to end up playing a swarm of cranium rats in a trenchcoat or something daft like that.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:11 pm 

So I'd be interested in this little shin-dig you have going here. Be nice to do something a little less formal to wind down with after the more rules-heavy games I'm in. The only problem is I am very much a rules guy - I work best when I've got something to build onto. I know you wanted to keep the world setting system-non-specific but have you got anything I could start building with? Like a list of races or something? If I'm given free-reign to build I'm going to end up playing a swarm of cranium rats in a trenchcoat or something daft like that.

Okay races allowed

Elf (all variants)
Half elf
Drow
Dwarf
Human
Gnome ( all types)

and that's it

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:25 pm 

so just a couple of maybes?

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:19 pm 

anyone, now that i've added some more to the setting

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:31 pm 

I'm still here. And you could prolly start something up and have people join in at any point.

In fact with it being freeform, players dont even need to be in the same 'party'. I used to have people all over the city when we were freeform playing in Terisia.

Play-By-Post Games

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:11 pm 

What levels of magic are there in your world? How do people react to magic or similar castings?

I'd be playing a human, but I dont know what character concept I'd be looking to do just yet. I've always been a fan of playing my Dementia Summoner in freeform RP but I can always play a rogue-y character with no problem to keep things moving and easy.

Also, your opening post has a typo thats breaking one of the links, consider using URL tags to form the links to text as well.

GM : This is the text i will use for my gm notification mainly to say that the setting has been updated. The setting info can be found http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=94 and rules mainly character creation info can be foundhttp://forum.nogoblinsallowed.com/ ... =25&t=2777

______

With a burst of lightening and thunder the rain started to come down across the city. It didn't do anything to stop the hustle and bustle however, folks just went about their day. In the market places merchants just shouted louder over the rain in a fight over the coin of the shoppers.

Could appear like:

GM : This is the text I will use for my gm notification mainly to say that the setting has been updated. The setting info can be found HERE and rules, mainly character creation info, can be found HERE

______

With a burst of lightening and thunder the rain started to come down across the city. It didn't do anything to stop the hustle and bustle however, folks just went about their day. In the market places merchants just shouted louder over the rain in a fight over the coin of the shoppers.

Play-By-Post Games

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:09 pm 

oh,i'm gonna drop this game so i can focus on finshing the setting and running the d20m

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:43 am 

Bumping for interest check

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:49 pm 

My attention is split between multiple ongoing projects and my time is few ... but interest still there as mentioned before.

Do you have any sort of plot in place or other world events for people to be going through or are you presenting the world description and letting people sandbox?

Play-By-Post Games

Like this post

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:53 pm 

Here's what's floating around the city:

rumors abound that The Exchequer is receiving kick backs from an unknown party,bribes are said to be made to the Justice minister in order for him to turn a blind eye to anything happening in the Red Light District, Rumors are also floating around that the Lord Mayor has made a deal with an Outsider for unknown reasons and terms of the deal vary depending on who you ask. The second largest brothel in the red light district has burned down recently with no survivors it was rumored to be owned by Merakesh LTD.

Otherwise sandbox

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:23 pm 

I'll post character descriptions at some point...but I sorta like getting a feel for characters via roleplaying then summing them up.

Play-By-Post Games

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:40 pm 

I'll post character descriptions at some point...but I sorta like getting a feel for characters via roleplaying then summing them up.

alrighty, i'm not totally sure about my guy beyond the grey hair lol

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:50 pm 

I meant more like background and motives. Looks are trivial =P but I suppose I could do that too.

Play-By-Post Games

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:08 pm 

It's also worth note that there is no way currently to tell who your character is. Name, stature, title, or otherwise. =X

Play-By-Post Games

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:20 pm 

It's also worth note that there is no way currently to tell who your character is. Name, stature, title, or otherwise. =X

see quote :
i'm not totally sure about my guy beyond the grey hair lol

EDIT: I gave him a name

Also item to make an ooc thread...maybe

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:35 pm 

Yeah... I know... I was saying you got more to work on than just the physical parts. :roll:

Play-By-Post Games

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:31 pm 

Yeah... I know... I was saying you got more to work on than just the physical parts. :roll:

I knew what you meant and beyond him looking into the fire for a friend and his name being Marcus along with formerly working in the Justice Ministryi currently don't have anything yet

Like this post