It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8970 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 437, 438, 439, 440, 441, 442, 443 ... 449  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:37 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 12212
mjack33 wrote:

I don't believe anything is so perfect that it cannot be criticized.


Bob Dylan once said to avoid criticizing things you don’t understand or simply don’t like.

Bob Dylan was an artist, not a critic. If Roger Ebert had said the same (rather than being somewhat enchanted by fan criticism and the rise of the Internet) it might be worth heeding.

_________________
"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

I have a blog. I review anime, and sometimes related media, with an analytical focus.

I'm a (self) published author now! You can find my first book, The Accursed, on Amazon as an ebook or a paperback!


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:09 am 
Offline
YMtC Champ '11
YMtC Pro Tour Champion
YMtC Idol Winner
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 10001
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him/my/mine/himself
mjack33 wrote:
What about Hallownest?

No, I'd prefer to make my own names. I eventually overcame the hurdle though, so now I get to enjoy the "wait until tomorrow" gameplay to its fullest. Which is to say I've already time-traveled twice because of inventory concerns, but now I thankfully have a house.

also pokemon is a horrendous game that would instantly improve hundredfold if gamefreak developed a proper AI for it

_________________
In the custody of febb since 12.05.16
[Warchief] Custom EDH Project

you're like the kind of person who would cast Necropotence irl


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:23 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 30, 2013
Posts: 14038
Location: Secret Lair
Pokémon ai is stupid on purpose.

I wish they would include a “hard mode”; but people buy the games regardless. Note: I think Gens 6-8 are terrible except for Oras and Let’s Go; so I am not at all defending them.

Edit: Sw/Sh is just awful.

_________________
"Let strength be granted so the world might be mended. So the world might be mended."

“As the light gains purchase, spirits are lifted and purpose is made clear.”


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:44 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 5504
Location: Inside my own head
Identity: Human
mjack33 wrote:
Eh.

Since you're still completely missing what I'm saying and continuing anyway, I'm just going to walk away now, then.

_________________
Bow before my King!
The King of the Warm Fuzzies
Feel the Warm Fuzzies!


Quoth the Raven, for truth.
Know your roots.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:08 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 30, 2013
Posts: 14038
Location: Secret Lair
Take my upvote.

_________________
"Let strength be granted so the world might be mended. So the world might be mended."

“As the light gains purchase, spirits are lifted and purpose is made clear.”


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:10 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 30, 2013
Posts: 14038
Location: Secret Lair
Luna inspired me to do a casual rerun of let’s go pikachu. 2.5 hours in I stopped right in front of rock tunnel. Man pikachu version is harder lol.

_________________
"Let strength be granted so the world might be mended. So the world might be mended."

“As the light gains purchase, spirits are lifted and purpose is made clear.”


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:17 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 12212
I never played Pokemon Yellow, but I can only imagine from picking Charizard at the start of Red how bad Brock would be with a bloody Pikachu.

_________________
"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

I have a blog. I review anime, and sometimes related media, with an analytical focus.

I'm a (self) published author now! You can find my first book, The Accursed, on Amazon as an ebook or a paperback!


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:00 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 30, 2013
Posts: 14038
Location: Secret Lair
In Let’s Go Pikachu the game basically forces you to capture an Oddish or Bulbasaur to be able to access the gym. You can’t do it without showing a water or grass type to the guard; and no water types are available that early outside trading.

Pikachu also learns double kick at level 10; but using it is still a terrible strategy bc Oddish can solo the gym at level 8 while Pikachu will still struggle; due to Oddish using special and double kick being physical. Rock types have too much physical defense for that early in the game. But Absorb basically slaughters early rock types in gen 1 due to being special and 4x effective, since both of Brock’s Pokémon are rock-ground.

Edit: In original Pokémon Yellow, your options for Pikachu were to level it up to 20 to get slam or to use an entirely different mon. Nidoran, mankey, and caterpie tended to be your best outs to train up to say level 10-ish.

_________________
"Let strength be granted so the world might be mended. So the world might be mended."

“As the light gains purchase, spirits are lifted and purpose is made clear.”


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:42 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 30, 2013
Posts: 14038
Location: Secret Lair
A vampire, a cleric, and an elf walked into a bar. The goblin was too short.

_________________
"Let strength be granted so the world might be mended. So the world might be mended."

“As the light gains purchase, spirits are lifted and purpose is made clear.”


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:06 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 11293
I'm rereading a webcomic I gave up on ages ago, and I'm being strikingly reminded what I liked about it initially, and even after a certain point where things got weird with the writing, I at least liked the art. These old strips though? They're a lot more comfortable than the later insanity.

But it also makes me a lot more irritated how screwed up everything got even later and how the writer abandoned 98% of the old cast to go chasing the stupid stuff he's cranking out now. I really wish he'd have ended that initial run and shifted into a real new comic instead of stapling ideas to things because he got bored.

... But I also have to remind myself the bits of the archive I'm diving right now are also 18 years old.

_________________
At twilight's end, the shadow's crossed / a new world birthed, the elder lost.
Yet on the morn we wake to find / that mem'ry left so far behind.
To deafened ears we ask, unseen / "Which is life and which the dream?"


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:23 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 30, 2013
Posts: 14038
Location: Secret Lair
Nintendo Reddit: “3d all stars is a lazy cash grab”

Me: just wanna play sunshine bc never got to; super excited for whole thing

_________________
"Let strength be granted so the world might be mended. So the world might be mended."

“As the light gains purchase, spirits are lifted and purpose is made clear.”


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:30 am 
Offline
Conqueror of Eldangard
User avatar

Joined: Sep 25, 2013
Posts: 12399
Location: Kamloops, BC
Identity: Male
Barinellos wrote:
I'm rereading a webcomic I gave up on ages ago, and I'm being strikingly reminded what I liked about it initially, and even after a certain point where things got weird with the writing, I at least liked the art. These old strips though? They're a lot more comfortable than the later insanity.

But it also makes me a lot more irritated how screwed up everything got even later and how the writer abandoned 98% of the old cast to go chasing the stupid stuff he's cranking out now. I really wish he'd have ended that initial run and shifted into a real new comic instead of stapling ideas to things because he got bored.

... But I also have to remind myself the bits of the archive I'm diving right now are also 18 years old.

Wapsi Square?

_________________
Cato wrote:
CotW is a method for ranking cards in increasing order of printability.

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:05 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 11293
TPmanW wrote:
Barinellos wrote:
I'm rereading a webcomic I gave up on ages ago, and I'm being strikingly reminded what I liked about it initially, and even after a certain point where things got weird with the writing, I at least liked the art. These old strips though? They're a lot more comfortable than the later insanity.

But it also makes me a lot more irritated how screwed up everything got even later and how the writer abandoned 98% of the old cast to go chasing the stupid stuff he's cranking out now. I really wish he'd have ended that initial run and shifted into a real new comic instead of stapling ideas to things because he got bored.

... But I also have to remind myself the bits of the archive I'm diving right now are also 18 years old.

Wapsi Square?

I think it's damning that you could put that together with how I described it.

_________________
At twilight's end, the shadow's crossed / a new world birthed, the elder lost.
Yet on the morn we wake to find / that mem'ry left so far behind.
To deafened ears we ask, unseen / "Which is life and which the dream?"


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:33 pm 
Offline
Conqueror of Eldangard
User avatar

Joined: Sep 25, 2013
Posts: 12399
Location: Kamloops, BC
Identity: Male
Barinellos wrote:
TPmanW wrote:
Barinellos wrote:
I'm rereading a webcomic I gave up on ages ago, and I'm being strikingly reminded what I liked about it initially, and even after a certain point where things got weird with the writing, I at least liked the art. These old strips though? They're a lot more comfortable than the later insanity.

But it also makes me a lot more irritated how screwed up everything got even later and how the writer abandoned 98% of the old cast to go chasing the stupid stuff he's cranking out now. I really wish he'd have ended that initial run and shifted into a real new comic instead of stapling ideas to things because he got bored.

... But I also have to remind myself the bits of the archive I'm diving right now are also 18 years old.

Wapsi Square?

I think it's damning that you could put that together with how I described it.

I also remember you talking about it before, but, yeah, that's still fairly damning.

_________________
Cato wrote:
CotW is a method for ranking cards in increasing order of printability.

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:05 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 11293
This is going to make me sound crazy, but I feel like I need to mention it, but
There are strange lights in the sky.

_________________
At twilight's end, the shadow's crossed / a new world birthed, the elder lost.
Yet on the morn we wake to find / that mem'ry left so far behind.
To deafened ears we ask, unseen / "Which is life and which the dream?"


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:41 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 10106
Barinellos wrote:
This is going to make me sound crazy, but I feel like I need to mention it, but
There are strange lights in the sky.

Weird. What did they look like?

______________________________

I know I'm just talking into the wind that's blowing right back at my face, but for what it's worth, Happy Birthday, Yxoque.


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:26 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 12212
That would also be my question: What kind of lights? Because knowing you I'd personally be assuming that you are observing something, and I don't have enough to have the faintest idea what.

_________________
"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

I have a blog. I review anime, and sometimes related media, with an analytical focus.

I'm a (self) published author now! You can find my first book, The Accursed, on Amazon as an ebook or a paperback!


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:46 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 11293
It was a small column of pale light ringed in fainter, colored lights, about six of them.
I know this is making me sound crazy, but it wasn't an aircraft. It weaved for a bit and then grew still.
It also looked like there was something faint moving about it, but I'll admit that was probably the clouds.
But what I can't explain was the flash and blur that happened in another part of the sky as I watched.

It, I guess, might have been a satellite, but it wasn't acting like one.

And for the record, I wasn't the only one seeing it. My friend saw it too.

_________________
At twilight's end, the shadow's crossed / a new world birthed, the elder lost.
Yet on the morn we wake to find / that mem'ry left so far behind.
To deafened ears we ask, unseen / "Which is life and which the dream?"


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:55 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 10106
This is my 10,000th post on NGA. I'm proud of that.

Even if three different M:EMbers got there before I did... :paranoid:

:D


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:22 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 11293
Awww... now that you mention it, I just missed my 11111 post...

Anyway, in the words of a confusing ending
Congratulations!

_________________
At twilight's end, the shadow's crossed / a new world birthed, the elder lost.
Yet on the morn we wake to find / that mem'ry left so far behind.
To deafened ears we ask, unseen / "Which is life and which the dream?"


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8970 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 437, 438, 439, 440, 441, 442, 443 ... 449  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group