It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7639 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 376, 377, 378, 379, 380, 381, 382  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:11 am 

I recently ran across a DnD campaign based around, of all things, Digimon.
It's really made me sit and consider how I'd implement a system around that sort of thing and I've actually got some interesting ideas. Shame I don't actually have anybody to get into it with.

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:16 pm 

Hey, hey friends! I survived the GP, and I had a wonderful time!

Here's a picture from our cosplay group in Portland. I'm that Dimir vampy boi down in the front row:

Large image

Whoops, nope! It appears I did not survive my encounter with the Rakdos after all!

Large image

Welp, I am ded. It was nice knowing you!

I edited this post to put the images in spoiler tags so they don't automatically stretch past the boundaries of the screen. That is all.
-GobO Sledder

PS condolences

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:49 am 

Identity: Male
That's sad. Somebody tell his wife he made a good vampire.
But failed as a spy. What's it with those Dimir and openly identifying themselves?

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:49 am 

TPmanW wrote:
That's sad. Somebody tell his wife he made a good vampire.
But failed as a spy. What's it with those Dimir and openly identifying themselves?

Nobody would believe a Dimir agent would admit to being a Dimir agent... Thereby making it the perfect disguise!

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:07 pm 

TPmanW wrote:

Wait who's a spy? There are no spies here! I would certainly never admit to being a spy! :D

The guild insignia was actually my request, as opposed to the original concept art, where it's a more abstract design. From a flavor standpoint, yeah, it's kinda silly, but for cosplay purposes it's nice to be immediately identifiable as a guild member, as opposed to having to constantly explain to people what you're supposed to be. :)

Barinellos wrote:
Nobody would believe a Dimir agent would admit to being a Dimir agent... Thereby making it the perfect disguise!

Well, in that case, I take it back! I totally am a Dimir spy! :D

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:16 am 

Identity: Human
Happy Festuvus, everyone!

Quoth the Raven, for truth.
Know your roots.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:06 pm 

A Merry Saturnalia to all!

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:11 pm 

D' Y'all all have a good Yaldā?

*"To YMTC it up" means to design cards that have value mostly from a design perspective. i.e. you would put them in a case under glass in your living room and visitors could remark upon the wonderful design principles, with nobody ever worring if the cards are annoying/pointless/confusing in actual play

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:37 pm 

Sending you all the very best wishes for the holidays and for the new year, from Mrs. OL and myself! <3

For me, this was the last Christmas that I'll spend in The Land of Weak Signals, and, while it was wonderful to see family and to spend one last Christmas in the place that -- to me -- has always been synonymous with that holiday, I confess that the finality of it all left me a bit inward-looking and self-reflective all week. I had given myself some writing goals going into the trip, but, in the end, I mostly left the laptop unplugged. Places are just places, and things are just things, but the past has its pull, even in the present, and, in the end, it was painful saying goodbye. But I have bid my farewell to the L.o.W.S. with more than my fair share of memories, and those I get to take with me forever.

Anyway, that's the explanation for my low presence over the holidays, but I want you to know that the M:EM is always in my heart, and I hope that the holidays are treating you all wonderfully!

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:15 am 

To each and all of you reading this, either in the M:EM or just big fans thereof (I presume that all peoples of the world can be put into one of three categories: M:EMbers, fans of the M:EM, and those who have, regrettably, never heard of the M:EM :paranoid:) I hope that you have a very wonderful, very Magical new year.

I look forward to sharing another new year with you!

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:40 am 

Happy New year!

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:12 pm 

To each and all of you reading this, either in the M:EM or just big fans thereof (I presume that all peoples of the world can be put into one of three categories: M:EMbers, fans of the M:EM, and those who have, regrettably, never heard of the M:EM :paranoid:) I hope that you have a very wonderful, very Magical new year.

I look forward to sharing another new year with you!

I know of no one who dislikes the M:EM so I must confirm this is accurate. Now we jsut gotta shift the percentages.

TPrizesW
TPortfolioW

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:53 pm 

Once a chronomancer took a tiny instant and turned it into a Time Elemental. Did you hear what happened when that elemental found a dictionary?

It became a defining moment.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:59 pm 

Still trying to recover from the holidays.

Which includes some awful sleep that's partly due to storms/pollen and mostly self-inflicted.

And also having to sort out my work-provided health insurance changing and needing to sort that out before I can see an allergist.

Also, a bit of news, I guess? A little while back I heard Dav_Flamerock's name mentioned in the L5R (Legend of the 5 Rings) community. So, I reached out to him on Discord, just to be in contact with him in case we ever needed to find him. It wasn't until weeks later, just a few days ago, that I realized that he is, in fact, one of the developers of the new L5R LCG. Now I'm not sure whether I should apologize to him for not realizing, congratulate him on the position, or just not bother him about it.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:35 am 

I'm also slowly finding my feet again after the holidays. It's been a lot of fun, but it feels good to get some structure back into my life.

I'm actually playing Magic again! There's a local gaming club, and I started going to their board game nights, where I met some Magic players. After one of them let me borrow a Commander deck to play a few times I decided to find my old cards and build a deck of my own. So now I have a mostly functional Chainer, Dementia Master deck. It still needs some tuning to actually win anything, but I'm having fun!

@Luna: did he respond to your first message? If you already have a conversation going, you should definitely mention it. But sending another message if he hasn't responded to the first might come off as weird.

my ego sig

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:53 pm 

Happy birthday, Tevish Szat! I hope you have a great day.

Like this post

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:25 am 

I did indeed! ^_^

Thank you.

The Coalition/Phyrexian War Game Rises Again

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:21 pm 

Aaarrrgh wrote:
@Luna: did he respond to your first message? If you already have a conversation going, you should definitely mention it. But sending another message if he hasn't responded to the first might come off as weird.

Actually, he did. I basically have a line to Dav FlameRock in case we ever need him again like when Raven borrowed his character.

But then I still can't get over that I approached him without knowing who he was in real life and aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

In unrelated news, I've been feeling a little melancholy as of late -- I've been thinking more often than usual about all the things I say and do and wonder if I am, in actuality, a horrible person and am just in denial. I really wish I could get some sleep. I know a lot of this problem is just the exhaustion, but it's a positive feedback loop: work is so busy and stressful that I end up staying up late to de-stress, which leads me to get less sleep, which means I go to work tired, which means I am less tolerant and gather even more stress, et cetera, et cetera, and I end up so exhausted that I put off all the house chores (e.g. dishes) until the weekend and I still haven't sorted out the new year's change in insurance so that I can go to an allergist to maybe get better sleep with the hours I already have, because, you guessed it, I'm too tired to deal with it.

Sorry if that comes off as whiny or bothers anyone for any other reason. I feel like you lot at least will commiserate with me.

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:45 pm 

In unrelated news, I've been feeling a little melancholy as of late -- I've been thinking more often than usual about all the things I say and do and wonder if I am, in actuality, a horrible person and am just in denial. I really wish I could get some sleep. I know a lot of this problem is just the exhaustion, but it's a positive feedback loop: work is so busy and stressful that I end up staying up late to de-stress, which leads me to get less sleep, which means I go to work tired, which means I am less tolerant and gather even more stress, et cetera, et cetera, and I end up so exhausted that I put off all the house chores (e.g. dishes) until the weekend and I still haven't sorted out the new year's change in insurance so that I can go to an allergist to maybe get better sleep with the hours I already have, because, you guessed it, I'm too tired to deal with it.

Sorry if that comes off as whiny or bothers anyone for any other reason. I feel like you lot at least will commiserate with me.

Yeah, that's heavy, man. Hopefully things pick up for you soon. If I had any suggestion for you, I guess it would be a vacation? Break out of that pattern a little bit, maybe, and give yourself the time you need to take care of whatever you need to, or to just relax and hopefully sleep. Anyway, I hope things get better.

This is my 9000th post on NGA. I decided to celebrate by writing something with a thousand words. Enjoy!

Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:35 am 

@Luna: yeah, as a parent of twin toddlers, I can relate to the dilemma of needing to sleep and needing to destress. It is not an easy balance to find. But recognizing the issue is the first step in solving it. And I very much doubt that you are a horrible person. Based on my interactions with you on here, I have a clear instead of you as a decent, caring, and hard-working person. Nobody is their self when stressed and tired, but you cannot judge yourself by that metric alone. But I definitely agree with Raven, you need to get out of there for at least a few days and get yourself back on track.

my ego sig

Like this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7639 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 376, 377, 378, 379, 380, 381, 382  Next