Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:31 pm 

Spoiler

Like this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:12 am 

Identity: Inertially male
Preferred Pronoun Set: he/him
Nice! Aerik seems to have quite changed his attitude toward Pax since the events in Meeting, and it'd be interesting to know more about her and the relationship between the two. (i gave the forum a quick search and didn't find a lot) It's also good to check up on our big and scaly friend, it's been a while. I quite like snow magic, so Aerik's spellwork will always be interesting to me; I spotted the Winter Orb reference immediately, and I liked it a lot (as fire is an element characterized by many X-cost spells, the orb being a counter to pyromancy is a pretty spot on comment). Just for curiosity, was the ice wall a simple Glacial Wall, or something slightly fancier?

Thanks for sharing!

To anybody reading this, including my future selves: have a good life!

My creative archive

Like this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:48 am 

Quote:
Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for reading!

Nice! Aerik seems to have quite changed his attitude toward Pax since the events in Meeting, and it'd be interesting to know more about her and the relationship between the two. (i gave the forum a quick search and didn't find a lot)

Yeah, she's a character I'm having fun teasing, as well as alluding to various noodle incidents with.
She actually does have a more robust backstory, but right now, this is more fun.

Quote:
It's also good to check up on our big and scaly friend, it's been a while. I quite like snow magic, so Aerik's spellwork will always be interesting to me; I spotted the Winter Orb reference immediately, and I liked it a lot (as fire is an element characterized by many X-cost spells, the orb being a counter to pyromancy is a pretty spot on comment). Just for curiosity, was the ice wall a simple Glacial Wall, or something slightly fancier?

I always like to make the mechanics of the world something tangible if I can. Sometimes that's easier than others, but I feel like it gives it some oldschool style street cred.

As for the wall, It was just the regular one this time.

Like this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:14 pm 

Well, well, well... what a COOL story...

<CSI sunglasses> YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! </CSI sunglasses>

:rimshot:

OK, OK, all kidding aside -- and you KNOW how hard that is for me, but I'm trying, I swear -- this was yet another great piece, and I really enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing, Barin!

Anyway, thanks for writing this, Barinellos! Aerik and Morgezka are another of those pairs of characters that I really like, characters who are not an obvious pairing, but who work together on a less obvious level.

Yeah, this is one of the things I really like about the piece. If you'd asked me to just draw character pairs out of a hat, and if I'd drawn these two, I would have been like, "...nah," and tossed them back in to draw again. But, once the story thread starts to play out, and once those hidden parallels start to surface, the result is really interesting, really compelling, which is exactly the sort of thing which excites me most about the collaborative nature of the M:EM. :D

Aerik's one sort of emotional outburst, when he basically screams at Morgezka, is a very interesting moment. In general, it seems like a bad idea, actually, let me change that to a Bad Idea with capital letters, to yell at a dragon. But of course, few people have ever really yelled at Morgezka before, so it's probably enough to shock her into, maybe, listening. Still, Aerik's probably just a little lucky that Morgezka is capable of being, occasionally, reasonable.

Yeah, I definitely got the feeling that Aerik must have been wearing his Levi's Bad Idea jeans that morning. (And, yes, I know, I'm the only person on earth besides David Spade who cares about that reference, but, I can't help it, it sticks in my mind.) And I think I basically had the same reaction here that Raven did -- I bet that Morgezka's so unused to being yelled at that it sort of puts her back on her feet (hooves? claws?) for just long enough for Aerik to get his word in edgewise.

Barinellos wrote:
I'll admit, I'm slightly disappointed you didn't comment on the reference I put in, where Morgezka asks the cryomancer if she should let it go.

Unlike Drax, my reflexes are NOT too quick, and everything goes over my head!

Barinellos wrote:
Also, funfact: The strategy Aerik uses is to trigger a cover of winter and then winter orb.
This strategy was originally developed for the VITAL contest in the event Aerik fought Beryl!

I now have such a wonderful mental image of Aerik pulling a folder labelled "OPERATION BERYL-ON-ICE" out of his filing cabinet, blowing the dust and snow off of it, and saying, "well, now I'm glad I held on to that!" :D

I quite like snow magic, so Aerik's spellwork will always be interesting to me

Same thing here. Plus, I'm a sucker for winter settings in general, so that basically makes Aerik two-for-two in my book!

Barinellos wrote:
various noodle incidents

<Captain America.GIF> I understood that reference! </Captain America.GIF>

Barinellos wrote:
She actually does have a more robust backstory, but right now, this is more fun.

Well, my interest is decidedly piqued, and I'm excited to learn more in the future!

Like this post